Blackboard Inc.

Blackboard Inc. Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Workday HCM functional analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2016
good place to learn new things and good sporting spirit between the team members and also flexible timings to work. good management
productive
CSR (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYDecember 10, 2015
I really liked most of the people I worked with some were really lazy so that made the job a little hard. I enjoyed the customers and co workers
Pros
close to home
Cons
picking up slack of others was stressful at times
Great Environment
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 22, 2015
This location is the best for working mothers/fathers, as long as you adhere to the policies HR provide. Even with medical complications you can work with the company for scheduling.
innovative
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2015
young company at that time. Top managent had a strategic vision for growth in the e-education sector. overall good place to work out of college
Wonderful employees!
Senior Agile Program Manager/Senior Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 7, 2015
All of my coworkers were a pleasure, they are wonderful knowledgeable resources. I would work with them again anytime in the future.
Not terrible, good starting position
Technical Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 2, 2015
Managers are nice and cool, although a few aren't very good at it. Expected to do a lot of Tier 2 tech support for sub-tier 1 wages. A good starting point for a career, but you'll be looking to move up quickly.
ESU Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2015
Productive and fun place to work. Not enough room to grow and not enough benefits to support. Pay is not great for all the work being done.
Pros
Fun place, great people, somewhat free lunch
Cons
Benefits don't really help
Great work place with great people.
Outbound Lead Qualifier and Enrollment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 22, 2015
Great place to work. Great environment to work in. Fun people to work with. I gained great telecommunication skills. Hardest part of the job was to follow proper phone skill requirements.
Could have been a lot better.
Customer Service Representative- Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 19, 2015
The supervisors where very good at getting individuals one on one time to help with improvements. The building itself needs a lot of work. It look like mold on the ceiling of the building,
Pros
Free lunch sometimes.
Healthty and fun place to work, including office happy hours.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 2, 2015
Immediate supervisor did not challenge my skills and abilities. Therefore, I made a lot of my own that he approved of for the most part until he found reason not to. I enjoyed being involved with all the staff members at Blackboard, from top executive all the way down to the bottom. Everyone seemed to have like and called on me frequently from top to bottom as they were confident my work would assist them in the very best way possible. Wasn't until a senior top executive started to invite me to meeting without notifying my direct supervisor that appeared threatened in someway.
Pros
Lunch was often left over from meeting that was a plus
Cons
Can't say much about cons as the office ran effiencently 95% of the time
Student Support and Financil Aid Support
Customer Service Representitive (Current Employee) –  Greenville SCJuly 1, 2015
Call Center a hurry up and wait situation daily. Calls increase and decrease in variations. Calls consist of financial aid and student records calls. Assist the clients of 23 Online Universities of Virginia.
Financial Aid, and prospective escalated calls to proper department.
Pros
Assisting customers build customer service skills via phone.
Cons
Not a lot of movement. or work variations.
Loved it!
eLs (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KyJune 5, 2015
I loved working for Blackboard. The overall vibe is wonderful, with great people to work and laugh with. Canteen inside the building to buy lunches, an hour per lunch, and great pay. Would have never left if not for moving.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Me not working there now.
Fun, Good Pay
Partnership Manger (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYJune 3, 2015
Blackboard can be a fun place to work. However, the company as a whole has A LOT of growing to do. You can walk in and immediately see the terrible management decisions and lack of creativity.
Aside from that, the pay is better than most local places, and there are opportunities to move up, though very difficult to achieve sometimes.
Pros
long lunch, good breaks, people, clean
Cons
benefits, raises, management
Great Mission.
Senior Manager, Consulting PMO (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 2, 2015
Great place to work with a great mission. The mission of online learning is a great on and Blackboard works hard to deliver for its clients.
Blackboard
Consulting Services (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 21, 2015
The tone of the company has changed significantly since the departure of Michael Chasen and the move to PE ownership. Senior management is aloof and detached from the workforce.
Decisions are made by committee without accountability.
Product strategy is absent. Software development and quality are secondary to closure of a deal.
Management could use some work.
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYMay 10, 2015
I've worked at Blackboard Inc for 3 years. I have consistently shown my leadership potential within those 3 years. I have received the President's Award for being one of the top agents of the year. I have been a top agent several weeks on several different clients. No matter the tasks given to me, I step up to the plate and prove that I am capable of taking on any client. I have applied for several leadership positions, yet I don't even get an interview. I have had one interview for a different position in 3 years, but never received a response as to if the position got filled, why I didn't get the position, or anything. You basically have to be buddy buddy with all of management to get a higher position, they do not base it off of performance. Overall it's an okay place to work, but it's very stressful. Half of the equipment never works, the management is useless, and we never have clear answers to our questions. The pay is decent for the area.
Pros
Hour lunch, pay is decent.
Cons
Benefits aren't that good, management is a mess
Ok Benefits, Non Productive Work Environment
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
Compensation package not competitive. Above average PTO. Good work life balance. No accountability, no KPI, and lack of upward or lateral movement led to stale and unmotivated support staff. No action taken against underperforming representative to performance bonuses for better representatives
Pros
Great Work-Life Balance, Good Co Workers
Cons
Expensive Benefits, Low Wage in comparison with other comp. in same industry, Free for all in regards to accountability
A great opportunity
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYApril 6, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company and the incentives that I received. I have learned so may skills from them and use them everywhere I go.
Pros
good benefits, life changing experience
Cons
can be overwhelming at times
Call Centers are great.
K12 Enrollment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMarch 31, 2015
There is always something going on, never a dull moment when you have 100-200 people on the phone. Tones of on the job training. Lots of growth potential.
good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 24, 2015
call center job, its pretty good and fairly easy. the manangement is pretty good and its good opportunities here. the pay isnt so great though.