Blackboard Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Student service helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 16, 2016
Blackboard provided me with a lot of experience in customer service. It helped me have a better understanding of how to solve a person's issues without the person actually being present. Also my co-workers were very friendly and easy going.
good people work here
Adviser (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYMay 16, 2016
this is a good company, good principles and a decent mission. Noble to say the least. I feel that the environment is good for learning and that the company is doing a decent job or trying to assist learners.
Not good.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMay 4, 2016
No respect for their employees. They will fire most of their employees just before their full time goes active. Very strict attendence, doesnt matter if you have an emergency or a doctors appointment, or a note.
You Really Feel Like Family
Customer Care and Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 24, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Blackboard and would gladly go back to them at anytime. While it can be stressful to answer calls during rush periods, your co-workers and supervisors usually made you feel like it was going to be okay.

It's a typical call center experience without the real stress of worrying about collections or money.

The department I worked for was interesting and the training was something that could be used outside of the job as well as part of the job.
Pros
fun co-workers, paid training, a welcoming environment, excellent floor supervisors, paid holidays
Cons
back-to-back calls can be stressful, changing departments can be disorientating
Nice place to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 15, 2016
Typical work day was answering phones and chats for different clients, I assisted them as needed. I learned a lot about technical issues and different computer systems. Coworkers were a blast to work with, never a dull day with them.
Sales Advisor.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYApril 9, 2016
I have worked with Blackboard Inc. Since 2012. During this time I have held several roles. I have learned how to adapt in an ever changing environment and how to offer excellent customer satisfaction.
A good manager makes all the difference BUT
Customer Success Advocate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 8, 2016
I had a great manager at the company. A real advocate for our team. C Level management and product delivery is poor. They are playing catch up with a cloud based solution so it made it difficult to manage growing customer expectations in the market.
Pros
Remote, Travel and Benfits
Cons
Poor product delivery, C Level Management is misguided. Company for Sale
Productive and new experience
Sr CSR Rep/L2 (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 3, 2016
Blackboard is a fast paced environment where you would need to be technical savy. Depending on the client, you will do a lot of troubleshooting.
Cons
Pay increase or decrease by performance
Fast paced environment.
Bilingual Financial Aid Rep/Tevh Support (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 3, 2016
Come in to work clock in then I get to my station begin to make money. I learned life is not fair sometimes your ability will get overlooked and you just have to keep pushing. I am a friendly employee I get along well with everyone. The hardest part of the job would be turning a irate customer into a sale.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
no paid holidays or vacation.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 14, 2016
I enjoyed every day that I worked at Blackboard Co.. I learn a lot from the staff, and was treated with the utmost respect.
Pros
Guacamole firday
Cons

Want to know more about Blackboard Inc.?

Ask a question
Fair
IT Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 12, 2016
The people were nice. The managers were understanding and helpful but they prefer extremely hard workers and are not understanding of family emergencies or the employees personal needs.
Pros
easy, laid back employees
Cons
not flexible to employees needs
Enjoyed being able to assist people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMarch 3, 2016
I liked Blackboard most for 2 reasons.

First, my co-workers were very intellectual and computer savvy, in short we were all nerdy so everyone fit in.

Second, i enjoyed being able to help the callers. Having attended online classes before, i understood the caller's stress and anxiety and i was glad to be able to help them with issues that had caused me problems before.
Disgustingly rude, horrendously disrespectful, and extremely untrustworthy corporate company
NA (Former Employee) –  State College, PAFebruary 22, 2016
Management lies continually and does not care about its employees at all. They have no respect or integrity. They are extremely unethical and unreliable.
Review
customer service (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJanuary 19, 2016
Was a great place to work and had great management had a very impressive training program that made sure you was ready to go when you hit the floor.
nice place to work
Workday HCM functional analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2016
good place to learn new things and good sporting spirit between the team members and also flexible timings to work. good management
great workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 16, 2015
i loved my patients getting great reviews was the best would go back if i could. the managers were great they loved to get involved
Pros
free ;lunch
Cons
long drive
productive
CSR (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYDecember 10, 2015
I really liked most of the people I worked with some were really lazy so that made the job a little hard. I enjoyed the customers and co workers
Pros
close to home
Cons
picking up slack of others was stressful at times
Great Environment
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 22, 2015
This location is the best for working mothers/fathers, as long as you adhere to the policies HR provide. Even with medical complications you can work with the company for scheduling.
innovative
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2015
young company at that time. Top managent had a strategic vision for growth in the e-education sector. overall good place to work out of college
I enjoyed working here.
ELS (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 27, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. I learned how to assist college students and faculty with their Blackboard issues.