Blackhawk Network Employee Reviews

Best Job I have ever had.
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 9, 2017
The job pays more at entry level than any job I have ever had. I have seen multiple promoted in the one yr I have worked here. It is a call center so there are metrics to be met. You need to show the effort and the willingness to work hard and do what you can to meet those metrics. This summer I had a family situation happen. They adjusted my hours and worked with me so I could keep my job. They saw in me passion, a good work ethic and a drive to be better all the time. Because I gave my all to them they worked with me.

We alwayd have something fun going one. There are incentives to work hard and do your best. The medical coverage is great. Vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, family time off are available....you do have to earn your conversion by hitting those metrics. There are only 2 in the department I work with: average handle time on calls and QA scores.

Attendance is important. That is made clear when you sign.....it is not a secret. They need people on the phone to help the customers.

The management has an open door policy.....you can walk right in and talk to the highest ranked employee and are welcomed.
It is an "on the job training" company. They give you time to get the hang of things and learn the ropes and you find your niche on your calls. Everyone is their to help...whether it is the person sitting next to you, a team lead or a supervisor. Everyone who works there is there to any answer any "how do I......" questions....it does not have to be a supervisor or manager that has to help...any co-worker can.

I love this job!
Pros
Activities, benefits, environment
Cons
Cant think of any
Busy call center with lots of fun activites
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 25, 2017
We always have something going on to keep our agents entertained. Whether it's food, drinks, dress up days or games for prizes it is a fun environment to work in.
Pros
Relaxed managers and easy going job.
Cons
Lots of changes at once, information is not all given at once to handle the changes.
Great environment but compensation is lacking
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 12, 2017
The employees and and management are great. The only bummer of working here is that the monetary compensation does not match the responsibilities given to me an account specialists. We are pretty much asked to be full on account mangers without the account manager pay.
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
pay
productive
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 8, 2017
its been a pleasent place with day to day challenges to work for the challenging envirnoment with dynamic roles and responsiblites to work every has been a good challenge to work for with the elite group of people.
Blackhawk
Pleasanton, CA-Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rockland County, NYFebruary 3, 2017
Good part time job. Work independently. Would have been nice to have more hours.
Company unfortunately would give hours to non company employees so projects would get done but we could have really done the work.
Company Mentality
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2017
Company has provides good benefits. They are growing rapidly and working through the growing pains of expansion. They include team building experiences and ensure that new people feel that they are part of the team. The company is very technologically advanced.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 9, 2017
It is an inbound call center, busy no time for coaching or QA review. That is the only issue I see at this time
The atmosphere is great!
Pros
Great management
Cons
No coaching time
Great culture
International Finance and Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2016
really like working here. Great place with good management that cares about your future. I really enjoyed working here a lot. I like it here.
good worklife
Global HEad Cyber DEfense (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 20, 2016
great company great challenge, great future....looking forward to retiring from here i really like the people and the sense of empowerment at bhn
Great Culture
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 7, 2016
#1 aspect of working for this company is the great culture. Their main focus on hiring candidates, aside from being able to do the job, is that they are a cultural fit which really shows in the energy and dynamics of the company.
Pros
Cons
Still growing so very disorganized with lots of process improvement needs
Great work Environment
Customer Service Agent II (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 31, 2016
Co-worker are great and everyone gets along great. Management is willing to listen and help out. Benefits are great. The pay for the amount and kind of work could be better.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Pay Sucks
Several work advancement opportunities
Settlement Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Phoenix ValleyOctober 17, 2016
Blackhawk is a newer company with many new onboarding acquisitions providing more and more opportunities.
I am choosing to search for a position closer to home, as I currently travel 40 miles one way to work. Reducing my distance to 20 miles would allow a work/life balance.
Pros
Game room, free lunch and learn, several off campus functions
Cons
Personal Con: Location (distance to work)
Merchandising at multiple food and convenience stores
Gift Card Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Delaware/MarylandSeptember 24, 2016
Basically go on different routes every week, usually 2-3 days of work. While at the stores, straightened up the displays, stocked any new cards that came in and the ordered whatever was low in stock. Also, performed resets as needed using the planograms provided by Blackhawk.
Customer Service Agent
Customer Service Agent I (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 21, 2016
The company tries to focus on team building exercises in the interview and in the training sessions but there is far too much office politics for my liking. They said there was room for advancement in the company in the interview and when I actually got on the floor I was told that this was not the case by my fellow agents. My direct lead was great and my team was awesome but the supervisors and managers for the most part would say one thing and do another. The job functions are easy to learn if you try hard. Many members of different shift teams did not. Poor customer service was not addressed and the QA focus was on call time. A certain supervisor would blatantly pick on/harrass one team member and it was never addressed by upper management.
Pros
Great benefits, two paid 15 min breaks and an unpaid 30 min lunch, 8.50 hr work day.
Cons
Office Politics, unequal treatment.
Productive workplace
Cloud devops Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 17, 2016
Great staff and great membership. Highly recommend working here as it is a great source for cloud computing and career growth both in the gift card industry and outside of it.
Good
DevOps Engineer/Build Release engineer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 16, 2016
Blackhawk Network pioneered branded value to help brands create rewarding experiences and relationships that drive sales, productivity, loyalty and growth. Our programs, platforms, and technology combine innovative branded value content and business services to reach and engage connected consumers through our unique global networks—in-store, B2B, employee, publisher, online, wallet, loyalty, rebate and exchange. Branded value can help you break down barriers and open up a dialog to enable commerce, deepen customer and sales channel relationships, and engage employees
Inbound call center addressing gift cards.
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 26, 2016
I would answer inbound calls regarding online gift card orders, technical problems activating cards, lost/stolen cards or fraud etc. Also would be the help desk for stores with gift card problems. I addressed emails from the consumers.

There was much to learn and new information was changing or added often. This was a fast paced office. The management was very helpful but often not available due to the fast pace of the office. The co-workers and management were extremely friendly.

The job was difficult due to the large amount of information to learn and retain then apply to each situation. Some consumers were quite demanding and rude.

The hardest part was that the office was open 7 days a week including all holidays.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers. Great people. They were always friendly and there for you.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Working weekends and holidays
Great Part Time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 5, 2016
Great at your on pace kinda job, awesome manager for SE region, best manager I've ever had . Got to travel tons an see my entire state
Pros
Networking with retail outlets
Cons
No room for any advancement an kinda low pay
Piece of dirt company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 18, 2016
Where to start with this company it is a terrible company to work for they put u on a contract and give you so much false hope I just recently worked there and had Doctor notes they didn't except them they let me go after saying all these good things about how I would get "converted" I am a mother so things do happen with children I'm sorry but to not understand that after calling in to let them know is honest to god bullsh#t!! All you are is a number and a seat they don't give a f%*# about you period!!!!! Verizon is a piece of sh%# company to work for they don't give two sh#ts about you so stay clear stay VERY VERY far from this company ... Stay away from like plague .... I will be on to better things in the mean time
Pros
People are very kind, generous and helpful!
Cons
No job security, get yelled at all day long on the phone, very negative
Good business environment
Cloud Migration (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 6, 2016
Company is in a major growth spurt and it is creating both challenges and opportunities for the PMO. Keeping all the projects aligned across the new businesses requires strong managerial skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackhawk Network. Our community is ready to answer.