Blackhawk Network Employee Reviews

Fast Pace
Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 17, 2018
A very busy and fast pace company who is constantly making changes with staffing.
The hardest part of the job is watching good management leave, especially when they are a huge part of making the company grow.
Pros
Management that are left are great.
Cons
Pay is low.
To be very honest...
Associate (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 9, 2018
There is no typical day. The communication between the corporate office of Blackhawk and the retail establishment is horrible or close to none. At store level, no one cares who you are or what you do. There is no rhyme or reason for the inventory control. The supermarket chains go to their own beat. If there are holes it's fine and you can not fix it or try to make any sense. Some stores just trash the product, others just don't care. I found this very pitiful and frustrating.The organization itself has to be reorganized. Territories are not mapped out or logical.
The hardest part of the job is massive disorganization. Simply stated, I figure the product itself has no monetary value therefore, receives no attention. The try to micro manage but are not successful

This is high on my least favorite job list.

This may not make sense to anyone but if you are an employee that
is conscientious and cares about doing a good job this is the wrong stop!
Pros
get paid on time
Cons
micro manage, disorganized, GPS on employee every minute...sign in sign out, pictures of everything that make no sense, disorganized
Great Part-Time Flexible job
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company. I am currently looking for a new jobs with better pay and more flexibility. I want to work 10-20 hours per week. This was possible when I first started working for the company. Now I am continually working 25 hours per week. When given these hours, the job becomes less flexible. The company wants you to front load your week. If there is a short week due to a holiday, it makes it tough to get the calls finished in 3 days.
Pros
flexible, independent
Cons
low pay
A solid place to work
Senior Finance Manager (Corp Development & IR) (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 5, 2017
If compensation, bonus and equity grants are not a high priority BHN is a decent place to work. Overall there are great people who work there, very collaborative face pace environment.
Pros
Opportunities to move around
Cons
Compensation and Benefits lacking
Lots to learn, competitive, fast-paced, poor management and leadership.
Sr. Dev Manager and Architect / Technology Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2017
Lack of direction and vision in general about many products and platforms. Decisions are made quick with not enough planning leading to scrambling to support customers with limited resources or talents. Less appetite for investing in good technology, good long-term solutions, and retaining good employees. Cost cutting approach and skimping on important makes delivery tough at times. But good/industry standard benefits good bonus (if targets are achieved) and liberty to learn new technologies and methodologies.
Best Company I have Worked For
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaDecember 2, 2017
I have been a merchandiser for over 20 years and this has been one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The hours are flexible and the pay is good for the industry. The give annual pay increases and you have an opportunity to win gift cards.

They pay a car allowance with is rare in this industry.

You are able to make your own hours during the week.

Management is always available to answer any question you might have at any time on a project. They give you detailed instructions with each job and leave little to chance.
Pros
Management is Great - pay good - great communication
I love this place
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA 94588November 17, 2017
It is a very friendly place with a great sense of pride in the work performed. I want to come to work.. and enjoy the opportunity to work from home as well.. this place is great!
Pros
Everything here is great
Cons
I can't find any
call center agent
BHN/BES call center agent (Current Employee) –  Reno, NV 89521October 26, 2017
answer calls on discount program thru Verizon do email, chats , assist with training new agents. get points to buy products on site, open door policy with supervisor
Pros
work iincentives with points
Cons
1/2 hr lunch, 10 min personal time
Great people to work with
Corporate Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 4, 2017
Always kept me busy and involved me in a variety of projects and meetings. Truly cared about me getting something out of the internship as well, which I thought was really great.
Seriously lacking
Employee (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 3, 2017
Raises are non existent
Management is not trained or helped
The company continually asks for your opinion and does not do anything about the issues. It is very frustrating.
Good work culture
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 2, 2017
Blackhawk has a great workplace culture that promotes a healthy separation of work and personal time.
The company taught me a lot about Microsoft suite products and about the gift card industry.
I highly enjoyed the people and team members I worked with as well.
Pros
Company events were fun
Cons
Pay could be better
Part time low pay
Merchandiser/Vendor (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 28, 2017
Like most companies part time jobs have ruined this country. Employees can't live on just one job and trying to coordinate two jobs is also difficult.
Pros
Flexible, great manager
Cons
Part time only, low pay, no benefits, no raises.
working environment was good
Java Full Stack developer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 27, 2017
Blackhawk Network is a market leader in card-based financial solutions and the largest provider of third-party prepaid cards, gift cards. TRACS is settlement platform which takes transactions from multiple sources and performs settlement calculations based on the contracts signed between BHN and BHN partners (includes both Content Providers and Distribution Partners), It settles with partner banks either on debits or credits and generates recon files to partners for their reconciliation purposes.
Reasonably light work with adequate time and expectations
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 22, 2017
A great work environment. All managers i have had are super helpful, always available for questions. Weekly conference calls provide info and updates for current projects. Truly the respect and appreciation for all employees comes from the top all the way down to the field reps.
Pros
Flexible schedule, encouraging environment, company recognition for work accomplishments. Annual raises.
Cons
No full time employment outside of management
You get what you put in
Site Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 18, 2017
I learned a lot while working at Blackhawk Network. I started my career there and i feel that they offer solid growth as long as you make it a priority for yourself. People will not hold your hand but they will help you if you ask. You get what you put in at Blackhawk Network.
Great place
Service agent 2 (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 12, 2017
The people and management are great. The whole environment was amazing and the job is relatively easy. They treat you well and it's a great place to start a career.
Not a great company to work for.
Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2017
I was hired to do finance analysis but put into a job where I just did customer service. They kept buying different companies but did not have the bandwidth to take on all of those companies.
Great Place to work
Contract Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 9, 2017
The employees all the way up to the Corporate level all are very enjoyable and pleasant to work with. My position was a temporary contract, I just wish I had the opportunity to stay with the company longer.
High School Games
Customer Service Agent II (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 23, 2017
The coworkers in all departments are great to work with.
The only issue is management team. If they you don't kiss up to the right person than there is no promoting within the company. Even if you get along with the supervisor over a certain department you can still get denied a position by the hire up if you don't play their games. Blackhawk is starting to lose their people and I feel in the future they will start having a high over turn of employees very soon unless they promote by work performance and not the buddy system.
Pros
Great Insurance and company paid holidays
Cons
Company management is like being back in high school again
Independent work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJuly 19, 2017
You're able to work around everyday life schedule. No weekends. Managers are very helpful when you need them. I wish there was a holiday bonus. The work is very easy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackhawk Network. Our community is ready to answer.