Blackhawk Network Employee Reviews

Fun place to work pool table and table hockey
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2016
My coworkers are the best part of the job everyone is very friendly and takes their job seriously. I enjoy the corporate events and team building events we have throughout the year. Management has an open door policy I can come to my manager about anything. I always seek out way I can help and my manager always has duties for me to complete. I have learned to be more productive and to update business processes in order to help train and inform employees.
Pros
Corporate Events, Benefits and Team Building Events
Unrealistic deadlines - high burnout sweatshop
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Retail division is well organized and well managed. Digital division has poor leadership and have committed to multiple unrealistic deadlines that force members to burn themselves out to try and deliver. Due to inexperienced management releases are poorly tested and unstable which causes additional workload while still working on next unrealistic delivery date.
Pros
Cons
80+ hour work weeks, poor management, highly political and emotional leadership
Nice Work
Warehouse Associate II (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNDecember 28, 2015
Pros: a nice fast pace and easy procedure work place. Lots of overtime and with a very good PTO system. Also the work isn't boring so the days don't seem overly long like a prison and is enjoyable to most people. The workers consist mostly temps that come and go so you do meet interesting people there. Chances to move up is little but does happen.
Cons: Leads do play their share in favoritism and may effect your ability to move up in the company. Like most work place you will meet some mean people but that's everywhere.
What I enjoy most of this company is the opportunity to learn how to drive a forklift (reach) and to have a manager that cares about their employees and is willing to listen to complaints and improvements.
Pros
Fast pace and not so boring atmosphere
Cons
Leads play a huge role in moving up in the company
Crisis-driven
Automation Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 2, 2015
Things keep adding up on our plates because we are the all-star team. 11 our days get old after a while. We do not evolve to a more efficient team after a new platform development, we just stumble across the same under-planning pitfalls on the next project. Also, some teams need more diversity(90 % Indian).

Also, spent many a week never leaving the building all day as I trolled the conf. rooms for left-over food due to the project demands.

Few team lunches & team building exercises.

Poor management of project resources. If we are project under-staffed, just have people wear multiple hats.
Pros
Leftover lunches in conference rooms. Made a lot of great friends
Cons
Poor management of project resources. Does not focus on employee growth.
Great company to work for
Implementation Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 11, 2015
Blackhawk is a fast paced company that requires multi-tasking skill, fast thinking, and challenges employees to do their best.
Great Co-Workers
Manager, Corporate Events (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 5, 2015
Blackhawk Network has built a company full of kind, energetic, driven young professionals that make coming to work everyday a treat!
fortunate to have a company like this
Senior J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 14, 2015
Blackhawk Network is the best company i have work with and i love to work with them in the future as well. with the top class team and comfortable office for the refreshing of mind and sole.
Very nice breakroom.
Team Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 20, 2015
The night started off with checking all emails, then checking to see if any tickets are open from the day shift. Then reviewed calls to ensure quality customer service was being provided by my agents/team members.
Pros
Good benefits, Friendly
Cons
Training, Management, Hours
Top-heavy payments company; all revenue from gift cards
Mid-level Worker (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 19, 2015
Payments industry is dynamic, so this company operates in a hot market. Never a dull moment. But the company does not compensate most employees well or fairly (for example, the majority of its workforce does not receive annual bonus or an opportunity to participate in the equity plan); it does not supply cutting edge tools for jobs do be performed efficiently with scalability, and it does not hire enough people to do the work. It results in a chaotic work environment with very little down time, often feels like a non-stop revolving door. People who stay are typically those living near the office and are stuck with having few employer options in the East Bay; or they are near retirement from the work force so don't want to 'shake the boat', or are the lucky ones who don't work at headquarters and don't have the day-to-day sour office culture to deal with.
Pros
Short commute from East Bay locations.
Cons
Overloaded employees. Cartoonish office culture. No food. No fun.
Fast-paced, heavy flow work environment
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 5, 2015
At this job, I learned about detecting fraud in online orders. It was a very fast-paced, heavy flow work environment where the phones rang constantly and email inquiries filed in the queue consistently. There was never really "down time" between keeping your queue time under 2 hours, answering phone calls, making phone calls (customer contacts), quality assurance checks, and "needs review",a and fraud review. This job kept me on my toes to stay abreast of customer promotions, policies, and procedures.

I love a job where I continue to learn.
Nice coworkers with no room for advancement
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno NVMay 17, 2015
It was an easy job to get, but there is no room for advancement. Nice coworkers and fun environment to work in. Supervisors were nice and some were helpful
Heavy Workload, Limited Resources
Production Planner III (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 10, 2015
Very heavy workload as 2 people run the day to day operations for over 40 distribution partners

Went through 6 managers in 2 years.

Co-Workers (non Management) very friendly and courteous. Relaxed atmosphere. Management is based in Kansas, City. Communication is difficult at times.
Pros
benefits and office atmosphere
Cons
overworked, often work more than 8 hrs a day to complete tasks
Not a great place
Risk Managment (Former Employee) –  PlesentonFebruary 10, 2015
-No management support.No empathy towards employees
.Lies to employees. Management did not an opportunity to learn more about the business.
Not a Great Career Investment...Don't Stay Too Long! Nice People!
Product Analyst & Strategic Project Imp. (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 1, 2014
Working at BHN for more than 6 yrs I experienced nothing but politics & road blocks gaining career advancement opportunities & pay increase. I was always looking for training & skill enhancement but it was a useless fight. You will learn bad business habits because most management is not well educated. I continued my education outside of work so that when I started applying for jobs I was not outdated.
Pros
encourage exercise and vacation time
Cons
no career growth little transferable skill development
great, flexible schedule, work on your own
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 27, 2014
You make your own schedule and work on your own with good access to managers via email, imessage and phone. The work is very detailed and requires lots of organizing. You are partnering with the store and work with store directors and gift card champions.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the passwords and changes in the computer iPad program. I enjoy the organizing challenges and the fact that when I have finished my job I get to move on to another store. I get to work with many stores and help get their gift cards in order, which most stores find to be a frustrating task they do not have time for.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
part time work, no benefits
Fun place to work in the process of becoming a good company.
Fraud Supervisor (Current Employee) –  PleasantonOctober 10, 2014
Fun place to work in the process of becoming a good company. There are a lot of exciting changes in the company that will promote growth and opporutnity.
Retail merchandiser
Retail merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 6, 2014
Great company to work for.Managers are on point with training and understand all types of issues.
merchandising (Former Employee) –  northeastOctober 2, 2014
Good company.. enjoyed working there..left for a better financial opprotunity
Pros
flexible schedule
Large corporation with an entrepreneurial heart
Sr. Director - Sales (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 5, 2014
As a Sr Director of Sales, I had a mix of technical, legal, retail and product merchandising tasks each day. The team environment was great even though I was working satellite. Blackhawk will be one of my favorite experiences in my professional life.
Pros
great team, supportive management, energetic executives, entrepreneurial
Cons
sorry...none to mention
Independent Field Work, Supportive Structure
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hammond, IN TerritoryApril 19, 2014
A nice blend of independence with a solid support structure and accessible management team.

2.9