Blackhawk Technical College

Blackhawk Technical College Employee Reviews

Learning
Student (Current Employee), Janesville, WIJune 7, 2015
I have learned many thing regarding business management and culinary arts. Most of the teachers are incredible. The classes are interesting.
NURSING INStructor (Former Employee), Janesville, WIMay 17, 2015
If your goal is to provide a strong learning environment for students, you may have difficulty here. Management seeks to control the learning environment, instead education should be controlled by trusted faculty. Additionally, job security is poor.
Library Aide (Former Employee), Janesville, WIApril 17, 2015
Pros: Worked with different people
Cons: I could only work 30 hours a week
Helped college students to get the right resources for them to succeed in their classes. I checked out books and checked them in and put them back to their proper places on the shelves. I would make sure the books was in good shape and made sure the magazines were up to date.
Student Ambassador and Mentor
Student Ambassador and Mentor (Current Employee), Janesville, WIJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
As an ambassador for the school, I am a representative for the school for incoming students and the community. Around campus, I mainly help with tours of the school for new students.

Being a mentor, I receive one or two mentees for the semester and help them throughout their first semester on campus. This is ongoing throughout the semester.

This gives me an opportunity to meet new students on campus, and develop myself as a leader being in positions where people are looking to me to help them out.
Good place to make great friends
Work Study (Former Employee), Janesville, WIMay 29, 2014
Pros: make friends
Cons: only 10 hours week
Help students find reports, assist with computer questions.
Rewarding
Licensed Continuing Education Instructor-Chemistry (Former Employee), Beloit, WIFebruary 26, 2014
Great staff and motivated students. A wonderful place for learning
Progress is Important
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Janesville,WIJanuary 6, 2014
I get the pleasure of helping individuals learn things; a process in helping them become successful students and members of society.
Fun and productive place
Ambassador (Former Employee), Janesville, WiDecember 2, 2013
Pros: working
Cons: n/a
Tutor students around the campus and answer any questions.
Blackhawk Technical College
IT Systems Manager (Current Employee), Janesville, WISeptember 6, 2013
he Blackhawk Technical College Central Campus is located midway between Beloit and Janesville. Situated on over 80 acres of partially wooded prairie, the campus is home for most of BTC's programs and services. The campus is easily accessible from Prairie Road (County Highway G) and Highway 51.

This comprehensive technical college facility comprises over 200,000 square feet. It includes instructional classrooms, shops and labs for accounting, marketing, word processing, administrative assistant, legal secretary, fire science, criminal justice, child care services, HVAC/R, welding, and machine tool. Also located on the Central Campus is a technical center integrating labs for electronics, electro-mechanical and mechanical design; and a health occupations complex for nursing, nursing assistant, dental assistant and hygiene, radiography, and health unit coordinator. A technical library; media production and telecommunications center; child care center; bookstore; and food service, with seating for 600 are also housed on the Central Campus. Seminar and teleconferencing facilities are also available.

A Student Services Center is available to provide students with a variety of assistance programs. Facilities include offices for guidance, admissions and registration, placement, financial aids, veterans' affairs, minority student services, and student activities. Vocational testing and career assessment are available through the Student Services' Career Center.

Facilities for individualized learning and remedial education are also located at the Central Campus. Parking, accommodating approximately 1,200 vehicles, is available on the Central Campus, and bus service from Beloit and Janesville is also provided for students' convenience.
Graduate
Work Study CNC Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJuly 18, 2013
I am a recent graduate from BTC seeking employment in my field
Excellent Instruction in the Welding field
Welding Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Janesville, WIMay 2, 2013
I am honored to have recieved my weld instruction from the extremely qualified teachers at Blackhawk Technical College
seasonal
WORK STUDY SECRETARY (Former Employee), Janesville, WIMarch 7, 2013
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: pay was too low, no benefits
This job was so long ago i dont exactly remember what i did. I met students and staff when i helped with collecting assignments. Made packets for staff, answered phones and made copies.
Co-workers were nice and brought me candy and/or cupcakes daily.
Poorly run by people who don't know what they are doing.
Program Faculty (Former Employee), Janesville WIFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: pay benefits
Cons: unsafe working conditions and hostile work environment
Technical colleges are run by business people who think students are customers. They will cover up student cheating and blame staff for student behavior.
Working at Blackhawk Technical College gave me the opportunity to develop the needed skills for starting my new career.
Office Assistant in the Business Office (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: learning to use the different office equipment
Great place to work for. The staff and faculty are all very supportive to the students. I learned alot about working with the public, using various office equipment and working in an office setting.
A great way to help my fellow students who needed the help.
Academic Tutor (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJune 23, 2012
Pros: teaching those that needed the help
Cons: finishing school and not being able to help those that need it anymore
A typical day for me was, I helped out students that needed the help in accounting related subjects along with students that needed help in Microsoft office. I learned that not all people learned at the same level and that it was a joy to work with those that needed the help. It made me feel proud when I was able to help those that needed the help and they learned and passed the course that I was tutoring them in. The hardest part of the job was giving it up at the end of the semister because I didn't have the time to do it anymore with my school work load I had my final semister.
Working in the lab
Lab Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Monroe, WIMay 21, 2012
Pros: hand on job
Cons: short term
This job was short trem and I enjoyed puting my learning to the job.I mixed chemicals,prep for classes,fixed nofuncting divices,did inventory, ran the autoclave,and assisted with science night where we set the school up with a room by room science activitys for children to abserve and play with science.
Friendly work environment
MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE/CODING INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Janesville, WIMay 17, 2012
Friendly work environment with great opportunities. A great organization to work for with great benefits and flexibility.

Blackhawk Technical College Salaries