Blackmon Mooring & BMSCAT Employee Reviews

overall
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJNovember 8, 2017
good work pace , but not paid on time to subcontractors. I worked over time exhausting my staff ,and we were never compensated for all the extra overtime we put into the company to help them grow like they have.
stressed invirment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 1, 2017
corporate will tell employees that they will provide proper training and goals , but never do. they expect 110% all the time, everyday , all day long. stress on weather your going to be fired or just let go because they were not happy with you that day.
November 28, 2017

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and providing this review. Our Lubbock location has gone through a lot of transitions this year, and I apologize that they’ve affected you negatively. We are currently finalizing a new leader for our Lubbock location. Our next leader will be one whom places a high level of concentration on our customers and our employees. For over 65 years, Blackmon Mooring has strived to be the best service company we can be! Your feedback helps us here at the corporate office understand what we can do to help employees at every location. I assure you I take your concerns seriously and if you would like to reach out to me directly, I would welcome the feedback.

Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT

Poor Management at Particular Store Only
Project Manager/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2017
They wanted you to do an extraordinary amount of work that was not paid for. Hours / On call lacked structure and organization. No down time / family time. Lack of integrity with all persons involved. Not welcoming if you are Middle Eastern / Persian or a female. Very disappointing.
November 28, 2017

Sherri,

It appears you have duplicated your post from our Midland office to our Houston office. If you wish to speak to me in person about your concerns towards our company, I would welcome the discussion to better understand your position and how I can help.

Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT
thead@bmsmanagement.com

Great company to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 17, 2017
I really enjoyed my time with BMS. I have actually worked there a few different time through out my career. They have always been a very loyal company to work for.
Fun ,interesting
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 10, 2017
I love the crews and managment at the arlington location beautiful people inside and out and i would not miss out on the chance ro work there again and yes i would refer people that location for a fair oppertunityto work in a nice paceful enviroment.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks 1 hour lunch
November 16, 2017

Thank you so much for this review! I’m happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your time with us and I hope you will join our team again someday. We appreciate employees like yourself that bring a can-do attitude to every job site they work on.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

Fast paced and you travel a lot
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TexasSeptember 1, 2017
I love working for CAT, it's hard work, but it has it's rewards. This is more for single people without a family, due to the fact that you may be may from home for a day or maybe even a year. It makes you feel good to go into a place that has been damaged and make it look like new again. I love the people and I love the job.
Pros
Travel, meet good people, get paid well.
Cons
On call bases. You're away from family and loved ones.
November 16, 2017

Thank you for posting this review on Indeed! I’m happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us at BMS CAT. Hard working and dedicated employees like yourself have kept us a top competitor in the industry for many years. I’m so grateful for employees like yourself who bring the True Blue attitude with them to every job. Thank you again for your comments!

Bad company/ bad pay
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 31, 2017
Very racist place to work at. I worked there for almost 2 years and was fired 3 times. They rehired me because of the lawsuit. I quit my job to go back to them and they fired me again. Didn't pay well at all. Promise things and never got them. Steals your money off your pay check.
November 16, 2017

Thank you for this review. I would like to assure you that I take your comments seriously and will investigate them. I’m sorry you feel that you were treated unfairly during your time with us. Our Dallas/Fort Worth location has one of our strongest management teams in the company and it’s very concerning that you felt discriminated against. Our workforce across the country is 60% minority, and we pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. Thank you again for bringing your concerns to my attention and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 28, 2017
I did all clerical duties and helped with entering accounts payable and accounts receivable. I was also responsible for and cell communicatons account information and help with other office duties.
Pros
1 hr lunch
November 16, 2017

Thank you for sharing this on Indeed and thank you for being a part of our Austin team! You were an asset to our office there and you will be missed.

Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 14, 2017
This was a very good job the pay is well working with the people that was there was great everyone pulls together to get the job done an makes it easier for every one this is a place u can really work for years an love it
November 16, 2017

Thank you for writing this review! We treasure employees like you that possess a strong work ethic. You’re what makes BMS CAT a success in every job we take on. Thank you again for your comments!

THead@bmsmanagement.com

nice and secured enviroment,good toilet and good canteen
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 10, 2017
it was such a nice experience working with Blackmon mooring.Good pay.I learned alot of morals and skills in high profile cleaning.I made enough money.
Pros
free lunch and cookies
Cons
lots of short vreaks
November 16, 2017

Thank you for providing this feedback! I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Blackmon Mooring. We are so fortunate for the strong work ethic that exists in our company culture. Thank you again for your comments!

THead@bmsmanagement.com

Manager had serious mental issues.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 30, 2017
I honestly believe the Manager had bi-polar disorder. You never knew from day to day who would be in the cross hairs. He was always yelling and calling people names. Great pay and very interesting job, but I was on the verge of tears all the time.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Tossed to the wolves type environment.
November 16, 2017

Thank you for your candid comments. I take your comment serious and will investigate. I am not sure of the manager you are specifically speaking of, you may feel free to contact me and discuss. However, I will investigate your concerns and speak to our current employees to make sure they feel they are working in a safe and productive environment.

Terrible Managment
Restoration Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 24, 2017
Overall the management at this location is chaotic at best were favorites are played and basic rules and regulations are overlooked to complete a job often at the customers expenses.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Management.
July 28, 2017

To Former Employee,

We pride ourselves everyday on ensuring that our customers experience the best customer service possible in the industry. We also take pride in making sure our team members feel valued. We work hard to build a culture with our team, and strive to make sure they feel part of the Blackmon Mooring family. We work towards these goals every day, and will continue to do so. We implement an intense training regimen, and continue to follow up on rules, and regulations due to our industry. We would never ask our team members to break any regulations, and if this is happening, we thank you for bringing it to our attention. We would love to visit with you, and sit down to listen to your concerns if you give us the opportunity.

thead@bmsmanagement.com

BMS cat has wonderful managers that respect you and listen to you
Radio Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 8, 2017
I didn't work here very long because my husband passed away and I had to leave but this job I will definitely go back to it had the chance I loved it the hours were great and the people were great
Pros
They pay weekly and you can work all the hours you like
Cons
You don't pretty much have to take a full break, you can actually take a break go and get your food and come back and eat in your room, that way you won't miss any calls on the computer or anything I loved it
Nice place
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2017
For the most part everyone I work with is nice. I have learned a lot here. Centrally located and occasionally I have worked from home which is great. It has been a great place to learn lots of new skills. They treat me nice so can't complain.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
I was hired temp to perm but still here just temp with no future at this time.
Productive slow workplaces
Hurricane relief work (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 11, 2017
The work is very easy, however the days are long and you work 11 hrs a day. Good pay based upon hrs worked, I would work here again. I would recommend to anyone
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Long days
Lots of hours, low pay
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYMay 7, 2017
The work day was long and but the work was consistent and I had a lot of hours at this workplace. The management was easy to work with. Generally an okay job.
Blackmon Mooring Atlanta
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2017
Great company, great management. Typical work environment for the restoration field. 24 hour emergency services means crazy work hours. Overtime is a positive.
June 30, 2017

Thank you for posting this review on Indeed! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with our Atlanta location and that you feel that we have a great management team. 24 Hour emergency service is a challenging industry to work in, and hardworking, dedicated employees like yourself are what has kept Blackmon Mooring and BMS CAT at the top of the mitigation and restoration industry for almost 70 years!

Thank you again for this review!

Collected payments
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2017
Americredit financial was a good company to work for, I was in collections and called past due accounts to collect payment or to make payment arrangements if available. Salary and hours were perfect, until I had to move out of town.
Pros
Great managment
Management was Shady
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 22, 2017
Management was overcharging customers and insurance companies and keeping some of the monies. They did not think anyone would ever do the math. It was very immoral.
May 4, 2017

Thank you for communicating your concern. As you know, we price our jobs from a software that is used universally within the insurance and restoration industry. The price we charge is approved by the insurance carrier and auditors that represent the insurance carrier to make sure pricing is fair for the services provided. In addition, we have check and balances within our accounting department that would recognize any inappropriate pricing practices in our field locations. If you would like to share any additional thoughts or report details of your concerns, I would be very happy to speak with you.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

if you love to travel this the company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXMarch 30, 2017
preparing my crew for work get equipment taking counts management is great hardest parts is dealing with customers and making sure everything is done right
Pros
get to travel meet new people
Cons
work is great till it get slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackmon Mooring & BMSCAT. Our community is ready to answer.