BlackRock Inc.

BlackRock Inc. Employer Reviews

Start Up!
Owner/Founder (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAOctober 20, 2014
We are a start up consulting practice. Our mission is to provide world class service to the client.

We customize all services for our client.
Hard working environment with innovative thinking
Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2014
Flat organization with innovative thinkers. Management encourages out of the box thinking and independent work. As the firm grows, however, the culture of the company starts to resemble that of large financial institutions.
Very corporate (obviously), very professional environment
Corporate Services Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2014
Hard to advance in company. People are generally very kind.
great
Associate (Former Employee), san franciscoAugust 24, 2014
great pay, company, culture, people,
……
……………………………….
……………………………………..
Great pay....horrible to employees
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Greater New YorkAugust 20, 2014
Trying hard to be Goldman Sachs. Will not employ anyone who doesn't have an Ivy League education. Nepotisim is rampant. They pay extremely well, that is the only reason employees put up with the terrible management.
Curious and Courageous
VP, Regulatory & Fiduciary Compliance (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2014
Experienced professional not afraid to questions. Constantly meets all deadlines as neeeded.
Fast-paced environment
Finance Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2014
Good challenging work environment. Global leader in investment management offering a wide variety of career paths.
Great Place to Work!............................................................
Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2014
Temporary contract position
Senior Graphic Designer - Contractor, temp (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: loved working in san francisco, talented co-workers
Cons: would have been beneficial to be included as part of the team
I was brought in to fill in for a person who was on leave. BackRock had a big tradeshow in the works and needed help with their deliverables. I was responsible for 18 deliverables due in 2 weeks: designed, proofed, edits, design reworks, final approval, then files uploaded to printer. Tradeshow items included backlit panels, PowerPoint master slides, – more... posters, invitations, brochures, promotional items, to name a few.

I learned how to create and manipulate Adobe Illustrator charts and graphs using supplied raw data from two talented and detail-oriented co-workers.

The hardest part of this position was being treated as temporary instead of included as part of the team. Deadlines were very tight. – less
Fun Place
Investor Service Representative (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 2, 2014
Held to the highest professional standards. Everyone is well educated which brings the best out in the BlackRock employees.
Great Company
Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 20, 2014
Great company to work for. Great culture to be part of. I would recommend that you pursue any opportunities.
The best co ever BEST TRAINING
Metric Property Mgmt (Former Employee), Encino, CAJune 13, 2014
The best co ever

great perks and pay

wish they never left prop mgmt

BEST TRAINING
Good Company
LifePath Target Date Funds Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 6, 2014
Overall it is good experience. The company has very clear direction and has good training program for college graduate.
Good job
Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 27, 2014
Pros: overtime meal. good benefits. competitive.
A good firm overall. Leadership gives the impression of being strained in certain functions. Legacy systems are painful. Processes are not optimal. Good exposure to other groups in and around certain functions.
Unpleasant place to work
Presentation Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 21, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: greedy, mean poorly trained management
It was a great and productive company when under the Barclays Global Investors umbrella. Once purchased by BlackRock the culture became competitive, the benefits were reduced, the great management team left or was forced out.
Good money but....
Vice President (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 19, 2014
Pros: descent pay. quality upper management.
Cons: no work life balance. poor middle management. very back biting at the management leve
BlackRock is a great place to learn how things work in the life of a trade. It is great for a recent college graduate, but it is not the best place to build a career. It is very much a "good ole boy" culture that focuses on connection over ownership and quality product. They have a good product because they keep strong performers "just long enough".
Amazing company to work for
Receptionist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OK 73105May 8, 2014
Pros: gas card, free lunches on birthdays and special occasions.
Cons: people not turning in their paperwork
My job duties included opening and closing the company, all incoming and outgoing mail, answering a phone with multiple lines, depositing checks company wide, ordering office supplies company wide scanning in all invoices and making multiple spreadsheets that kept track of invoices, tire purchases, supplies we order and fire retardant clothing I ordered – more... company wide. My co-workers were great and so easy to work with. The hardest part of my job was getting pertinent information I needed from some of the guys that worked in the field. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know a lot of people and learning so much about Excel, Word and Outlook. – less
Good company.
PAYROLL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2014
A lot of transactions to handle, review and audit before actual processing.
Nice place to Work
Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2014
BlackRock has great people to work for and to work with. It a nice place to work but as with any company they have things that could change.
Overall - Grateful for the Opportunity to Work at BlackRock
Analyst - FIN-FSS-Record to Report (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 3, 2014
I have signed off on a contract between myself and BlackRock were I am currently in no position to write a review.

1 2 3 4

About BlackRock Inc.

Now this is the kind of coal you want in your stocking. BlackRock, with more than $3.5 trillion under management, is the world's – Read more