BlackRock Inc.

BlackRock Inc. Employee Reviews

Smart and nice co-workers
Associate - Portfolio Analytics (Current Employee), Great Philadelphia AreaJune 16, 2015
Pros: culture, people
Cons: managers, low efficiency
Management care about employee work life balance, with creative ways to improve working hours.
Smart and nice co-workers, however sometimes there could be office politics.
Company culture encourage innovation, hence you have chance to present your idea. However things could move quite slowly due to the scale of the company.
Long hours Bad management
Operator/District Manager (Former Employee), McAlester, OKMay 27, 2015
Pros: Company truck
Cons: Long hours no regard for family
The daily grind of being an operator at this company took a toll on my family life not to mention, my marriage. Management did not care as long as the job was done.
Solid management
Vice President, FP&A (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 17, 2015
Pros: good management, great benefits
Cons: beurocracy
Solid management, great benefits, a little bureaucratic, many interesting career opportunities. Also offers good opportunities for geographic mobility. Overall really like it here.
Great Experience
Global Allocation Fund Investment Analyst (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great Learning experience, bonuses, cross team communication
Cons: Long hours
Even Though i was only a COOP for BlackRock. It was an amazing learning experience, and i found the employees very willing to help me learn and advance my position to new endeavours.
Barclays Global Investors and BlackRock Inc
Director (Former Employee), SF, NY, London, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Hong KongMay 8, 2015
Pros: Great work environment and motivated colleagues
Cons: The business decided on a very conservative direction with digital marketing and online services
Developed and led go to market strategies for new products and services in the US, Latin America, and Hong Kong. Managed multiple channels simultaneously and managed cross functional teams to achieve results that were on time and within budget.
Bad hours and not competitive pay
Advisory Analytics Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 3, 2015
The job has a lot of purely operational work, which is tedious and does not teach you much about finance. The pay is really not competitive given the long hours
Life time at BlackRock
Cash Operations (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: no time for lunch
BLK was my first job out of college. I loved working there. I do not have any bad memories being there. The greatest thing about working for BLK is the people and the culture.
Good
Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2015
Good culture. Sweatshop at times. Sometimes hard to figure out what is going on. Too many people and overlapping duties.
Advanced work environment surrounded by incredibly smart individuals
Analyst (Current Employee), Princeton, NJMarch 16, 2015
I learned extensive knowledge about fixed income securities and the overall market. My day to day consisted of interacting with smart individuals who shared the same work ethic.
the best place to learn about asset management
Business Development Officer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2015
After the merger between BGI and BlackRock, BlackRock is not only the largest asset manager in the world but the place to learn about asset management.
Beautiful surrounding area and great business setting
administrative assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 8, 2015
My manager was very ambitious to the point where he rubbed off on me and made me pushed myself harder. It was a good job. I worked in an office that was very big.
Great Company, amazing team
Latin America and Iberia, Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 3, 2015
BlackRock is great place to work. In the middle of the action with incredibly smart people working in all functions. It offers many opportunities to learn and progress.
Great company
Performance Attribution Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
I have worked at BlackRock for several years. The company is full of smart, hardworking people and I only see good things to come for BlackRock in the future.
General Overview
Vice President (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great tools - solid investment in technology
Cons: a huge chunk of dead weight at the director level.
* Great Tools - solid investment in technology.
* Great people - very strong talent.
* Work / life balance is improving.
* A large amount of fat at the middle manager level. (Director)
* Growing pains due to different cultures globally.
Stable company
EBUSINESS CHANNEL MANAGER (Former Employee), SFJanuary 30, 2015
Like everything, there are pros and cons. I have learned a lot and have met some wonderful people, who are now also my friends.
Big Firm with limited growth
associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Big Firm with limited growth. Big firm that is still relying on excel spreadsheets and manually processes. Hierchary is still very important and office politics is very important/
Good Culture
Analyst, Portfolio Analysis & Advisory (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
The culture of the firm is good. Management is generally fairly open and runs the team autonomously. The work/life balance is generally pretty good. The company especially invests in analysts in the grad program in terms of development.
Fast pace with good growth potential
Portfolio Compliance Associate (Current Employee), San FranciscoJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: environment
Cons: size and scale of firm
Developed, monitored, tested pre and post trade controls and processes necessary to ensure compliance with all regulatory and client requirement related to mutual fund monitoring, trading and investments, and reporting.
Productive, great group of people that made working there amazing.
Trading Assistant (Former Employee), Princeton, NJDecember 15, 2014
Just an amazing company with people who take a personal interest in young interns and help them learn so much about their specific industry.
management is very hard to work with
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Princeton NJOctober 28, 2014
Pros: stressful
not a friendly environment management mirco manage employees

1 2 3 4 5

About BlackRock Inc.

Now this is the kind of coal you want in your stocking. BlackRock, with more than $3.5 trillion under management, is the world's – Read more

BlackRock Inc. Salaries