Blackstone Technology Group Employee Reviews

Stay away -Worst, lying and repulsive company
Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 6, 2017
Working for this company has by far been my worst experience. The company is the worst family/micro managed company. Lying is part of their corporate culture and strategy. The company will soon have a "organic death".
Pros
Free food
Great Place
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Multiple citiesApril 10, 2017
I have worked there for a few years now and it is a very welcoming place. They give you lots of opportunities to expand your knowledge. They really care about its employees.
small office, nice place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 27, 2017
was a small office and nice place to work, had the opportunity to do several different things here, and management was always helpful and supportive.
Where things get done...
Director (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 2, 2017
I've been here 6+ years and have quickly advanced in my career. This company rewards hard work, dedication and results. You get out what you put in. The complaints I read on here are from those that were bad hires to begin with and couldn't thrive in this environment. It's not for everyone. This is an environment where you can make a difference and enjoy the fruits of your labor. We take pride in everyone's success and our culture overall.
Pros
Culture, Pay, Autonomy, Opportunity
I was with this company a few years with the Colorado division that handles healthcare security
Securuty (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 9, 2016
they will throw you t the wolves with a smile trust me they are not where you can ever attempt to retire from this awful place what is their to say they are just another company that treats their employees like sub-par humans.
Pros
Great coworkers love them
Cons
management lies and throws its employees to the wolves to justify reused product
Mass exodus
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 29, 2015
If you like watching people fly out the front door this place is for you. I was there 3 months and I saw 4 people leave. Its heavily micro-managed and they don't seem to trust their employees at all. Almost like being in elementary school as you are treated like a child.
Pros
Nice people.
Cons
Horrible environment where every minute of your day is accounted for by management.
Great people to work with
Associate Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 21, 2014
When I came in, I had limited knowledge of Drupal. People are willing to go on the deep end, to make sure you are Drupal savvy. They may give private sessions (An hour a day) to make sure you are caught up with the various Drupal trends
Subcontractor
Analyst (Current Employee) –  MSDecember 6, 2013
This has been the worst contracting firm I've ever work for. No paid time off, even though we were lead to believe we would get benefits after six months. Appears the only benefits we get is health. The company is full of liars.
Pros
Absolutely none!
Cons
Everything about this company.
Great Company
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 25, 2013
Have been with Blackstone Technology Group for over 5 and a half years. Great company and great people to work with.
cutting edge technology firm with some room to grow
Technical Writer/Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityJuly 22, 2012
-worked as a remote technical writer in SLC for a dc-based company
-operated in a variety of roles, adding to the diversity of my professional career
-intelligent management with room for improvement in the realm of communication
-somewhat fragmented teams (lacked unity)
-as a remote employee, it was tough to make my voice heard/opinions incorporated
-positive company culture and great pay and benefits
Pros
rapidly growing company, competitive salary, many opportunities
Cons
poor communication and lack of team cohesiveness
Smart employees, good work, no 'big company' perks
Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2012
If you're someone who knows their value and doesn't need to work for an "IBM" and feel job security for the rest of their life, Blackstone is a great place to be. Tons of extremely intelligent and capable people to share ideas with, learn new things and perform on a multitude of project opportunities. Not the best benefits and the culture and camaraderie could be improved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackstone Technology Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7