Blackstone Employee Reviews

Competitive Environment
Analyst, Blackstone Innovations & Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2017
Blackstone provides the chance to move up and earn a significant income, the drawback is that the work life balance can be poor and that environment is quite competitive.
Good Company until the Job resources ran out.
GENERAL CONTRACTOR/OWNER (Former Employee) –  All over the inland empireMarch 20, 2017
Was a sub Contractor worked for myself. Rehabbed homes on multiple units. Contract was anywhere from 10,000 to 60,000 depending on work required. All over the Inland Empire area.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
High pressure deadlines
Great work place and environment
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Great place to work. worked in the mail room and it was run well. Was there for almost 2 years on a temp job. Company treated you well and the work was easy to do.
Pros
Free lucnh and cabs home at night.
Cons
takes a while to get hired
Blackstone was enjoyable company to work for
Boss ticketing (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 23, 2017
The time I spent working for Black stone was excellent, the only complaint that I would have is that the taxes were n accurately deducted.
flexible job
Retention Supervisor/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2017
I worked for the retention department of the company, where the object was to try to make our customers happy & convince them to stay with our services whether it was one of our prepaid calling card machines or our merchant service.
Pros
they were very flexible with my hours
Cons
they did not pay well
Incredible Team and Culture
GSO Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
The team is incredibly bright, personable, and great to work with. Nothing less than could be expected from such a prestigious and capable firm.
Fine job with great security
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2016
Easy development job, decent culture. Often very rote, unfortunate lack of interesting projects to work on.

You can excel at your job, but it's better to not bother as you will not be rewarded for going above and beyond what is required.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Doesn't care about employees
good place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDDecember 9, 2016
good day as long as you don't get rude visitors. I learned a lot about the community and their ways, and how to deal with the situation. Great co-workers. dealing with rude visitors and trying to meet their standards within the job. getting thru a day without rule infraction.
Pros
lunch break was good
Cons
short breaks are good
Great Company
Cna (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati ohioSeptember 16, 2016
Assisted elderly residents with everyday living activities, which included, light housekeeping and personal errand runs. I also paid great attention to detail by going above and beyond my call of duty to care for residents that required additional needs to be met.
Need more hours
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 1, 2016
Blackstone is a great place to work for, but it is difficult to have consistent clients. I am always needing more hours, however clients always cancel.
Corporate Culture
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2016
Great place to work. Entreprenurial spirit, ability to create your own career path. Strong and intense culture when in down times can be very intense
Dependable and talented coworkers
Associate Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
There are a lot of very talented and smart people at Blackstone. The one area where there could be significant improvement is management's ability to recognize, develop, and promote talent from within the organization. Some departments are much better than others at this, but unfortunately I've seen some cases where management should be more attentive to their employees' development.
Pros
Very talented people
Cons
Management sometimes loses sight of the junior employees
Great company with smart people
Financial Reporting Analyst Coop (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2016
It is a great company and you will work with smart people who are willing to teach and help. It was a great experience in corporate accounting.
Great place to work. Fun environment.
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2016
Comp, Prestige, Work Quality, Co-Workers - all of these are definitely best on the street. Blackstone Facilities Department . Best exit opps, prestige, culture, pay, hours etc etc.
good work place
Financial analyst- GSO Capital (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2016
Incredible smart team of finance professionals,
outstanding place to meet some of the best and brightest people in the industry.
Friendly co-workers, challenging work environment
work hours are long
Great Co-workers- Great Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMarch 30, 2016
I LOVED it here. My co-workers felt like family and it was so great working with them. Management was always bettering employees but not micromanaging. Great work environment
Stay away
Temporary Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
This place is a nightmare. You are expected to work 12 hour days without leaving the building. They justify this by buying you a $15 lunch that you have to eat at your desk. There is zero training and no support. Everyone is overworked and miserable in the support staff and fearful of loosing their jobs.
PUBLISHING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  345PARK AVEFebruary 14, 2016
Very care and supportive company working their is like you know that when you are in a ben their is always some one their giving a helping hand.
Productive place
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 5, 2015
Blackstone is a productive place with a highly qualified team that is always reaching new golds. The team works as a very professional family.
providing help to senior citizens in their home enviroment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Batavia, OHOctober 27, 2015
Great company to work for. I worked as a home health aid to provide services to senior citizens in their home environment so that they are able to stay home. I would help clients with personal care, errands, and home minor home cleaning to help aid in making life a little more manageable in daily life. I would also do respite for care givers who were caring for family members full time that had dementia and Alzheimers so that family members may be able to leave the home to work or go run errands and have time to get out of the home for personal reasons. company had very flexible scheduling based around clients and staff needs.
Pros
flexible scheduling to fit
Cons
no benefits for a year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackstone. Our community is ready to answer.