Blackstone Employee Reviews in United States

providing help to senior citizens in their home enviroment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Batavia, OHOctober 27, 2015
Great company to work for. I worked as a home health aid to provide services to senior citizens in their home environment so that they are able to stay home. I would help clients with personal care, errands, and home minor home cleaning to help aid in making life a little more manageable in daily life. I would also do respite for care givers who were caring for family members full time that had dementia and Alzheimers so that family members may be able to leave the home to work or go run errands and have time to get out of the home for personal reasons. company had very flexible scheduling based around clients and staff needs.
Pros
flexible scheduling to fit
Cons
no benefits for a year
A part time job,no more no less
Market Research Interviewer Blackstone Group (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2015
A typical day consist of taking 30-40 calls per evening (its a second shift gig,nothing new. Although I prefer the shift,its whatever) on which one participates in a survey study. The survey isn't as long as it is boring which tends to get stale really quick.

No room for advancement in the company for they are a small time company (they only have one office in the US, and one in India,huge surprise)

Bottom line,the job isn't bad but boring and (another huge surprise...) a dead end. Its great if you want a mediocre paycheck for a not so demanding job. Otherwise,keep looking.

P.S be sure to be on managements good side,just a fair warning.
Pros
Not too stressful, friendly staff
Cons
Dead end, weak coffee
Great Co-workers- Great Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMarch 30, 2016
I LOVED it here. My co-workers felt like family and it was so great working with them. Management was always bettering employees but not micromanaging. Great work environment
Stay away
Temporary Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
This place is a nightmare. You are expected to work 12 hour days without leaving the building. They justify this by buying you a $15 lunch that you have to eat at your desk. There is zero training and no support. Everyone is overworked and miserable in the support staff and fearful of loosing their jobs.
good work place
Financial analyst- GSO Capital (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2016
Incredible smart team of finance professionals,
outstanding place to meet some of the best and brightest people in the industry.
Friendly co-workers, challenging work environment
work hours are long
Great place to work. Fun environment.
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2016
Comp, Prestige, Work Quality, Co-Workers - all of these are definitely best on the street. Blackstone Facilities Department . Best exit opps, prestige, culture, pay, hours etc etc.
Great company with smart people
Financial Reporting Analyst Coop (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2016
It is a great company and you will work with smart people who are willing to teach and help. It was a great experience in corporate accounting.
Challenging but rewarding.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  G6 Hospitality, BWI Motel 6October 25, 2014
For almost 8 years its been a very interesting experience. In Williamsburg, loved this area and its people, then transferred to BWI, a challenged property with many life changing experiences that changed me into a stronger, wiser individual. Unfortunately this property is very dangerous, especially for someone like me. I take ownership for my hotels and home. Many, many times I worked with County, State and Federal Police to work together to keep this place safe. It was a 24/7 job, I loved it but the danger is just too much. Promised I would get transferred 2 years ago. AM left company. New DO came in, still no transfers came available that I was interested in based on location, not in Virginia.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of security
Great workplace for smart and dedicated professionals
Financial Associate - Real Estate, Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2015
Great workplace for smart and dedicated professionals. Suitable for young people. People are nice and friendly and everyone is respected for what they do.
Pros
good benefits, free lunches
Cons
long hours at work
PUBLISHING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  345PARK AVEFebruary 14, 2016
Very care and supportive company working their is like you know that when you are in a ben their is always some one their giving a helping hand.
An Awesome Consultant Firm
Consultant - American Management Systems (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 7, 2014
As a consultant I had paid time off, paid benefits, and 100% bench time. Part of that was the booming market and competition, part of it was The Blackstone Group being awesome.

We had holiday parties and summer picnics! Today you might get lucky as a contractor and have an Consultant Care Specialist. We had an Office Mom who rotated us through lunches and brought treats.

A lot of that ended when Blackstone sold to Modis, but it was still a great company to work for.
Fun Workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 1, 2012
It was a commission + base salary
Every day we had an unpaid, mandatory meeting that lasted 2-3 hours every morning.
We learned many things to help us; however we weren't getting paid for this and it made it really difficult to go.
Co-workers were upbeat and happy every day.
It was difficult getting the desired accounts we needed to survive but
we were all very close as a team
Pros
close connection with co-workers
Cons
very short breaks, meetings were not paid for
Small security agency looking to expand
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson to Buckeye, ArizonaJuly 25, 2013
Blackstone placed me as a night shift officer on a school site that had multiple break-ins. After I made numerous prevention's at the site, I was promoted to be area manger. I learned wide spread management skill there such as how to manage the different types of employees a company has.
Pros
good management
Cons
no benefits
Very professional
Reception Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2013
Blackstone has excellent benefits and compensation. Most of the people are amazing to work with but there is a definite class divide between professional and staff. This leads to micro-managing and departments being run badly by people who think they know what's best.
Pros
free lunch, great salary/bonus
Cons
upper management
Productive, professional and courteous place to work overall a good experience and room for growth within the company
HCA Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHOctober 2, 2015
a typical day at work would include seing the client making sure their daily living requirements are taken care of such as medications, clean home, showers or baths taken, activities, errands etc.
Pros
Gas mileage given
Cons
not knowing if you will have a 40hr work week or more
Productive place
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 5, 2015
Blackstone is a productive place with a highly qualified team that is always reaching new golds. The team works as a very professional family.
Good food, great co-workers
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Melville, New YorkJune 26, 2012
I served and bartended here. Upscale steak house with a fantastic staff.
Pros
great money
Cons
long hours, no benefits, no job security
Nice comfortable work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2015
This is a fun company to work for, along with may incentives the company parties and other events. The CEO really know how to treat the employees.
Pros
Support from fellow colleagues
Cons
None to my knowledge
love this place
Banker (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 7, 2015
being a banker is all about counting. during my school years, I always get A plus from math. my 8th grade teacher told me everything in life will involve math, and she was rite. being a banker by the time you start you count how many money is your bank, let your supervisor know when you down or up 2 grand. and I love it.
Poor management and a terrible place to work
Technology Solutions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2014
The technology side was awful. Management does not care about your ideas, unless they're really good ideas, but you wont' get rewarded for them or even credited for them. No work/life balance, you're expected to be on call 24/7. No sort of advancement path in place. No respect for employee personal life.
Pros
occasional free lunch.
Cons
management, growth, skill development, lack of teamwork

4.2