Blackstone

Blackstone Employer Reviews

Fast Pace job,great organizational skills needed
1st Cook (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDOctober 11, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Breakfast and Lunch Prep and execution .Making sure we have no food overages but have enough food to feed our troops!!! Everyone very easy to work with.
Daily procedures
Vice President- Facilities, Office Services (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 28, 2014
working out day to day issues, Responsible, reliable and integrity.
enjoyable
Technical Support (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2014
My typical day of work is as follow:
clock in
get ready to assist the customer on troubleshooting any computer issues they are experiencing with the touch-n-buy unit we provide.
greet all my co-workers who are almost my family because we spend 8 hours every day from Monday through Friday
I have learned a lot about fixing network related issues due to – more... no connectivity and how to explore the computers.
it's a very flexible job and the environment is pretty cool, the hardest part of the job is to keep the composure against an irritated customer, but it's fine that is part of the job, at the end feel satisfied that the issue has been resolve. – less
Great people and a great Atmosphere
Design & Visual Communications Instructor (Former Employee), Upton, MAJune 11, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: n/a
I worked with students using the Adobe Mastersuite Collection CS6 and taught Graphic Design, Animation, Interactive Design, Web Design, etc..
loved this job
Painter-Assembler (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: not enough pay
Work here was always productive. i learned how to spray paint, wield, and dip parts in an acid bath. The people are all great. The hardest part of the job was mixing the paint to the right spec.
Black Stone
Clinical Manager (Current Employee), OhioMarch 18, 2014
Pros: open door policy
Black Stone has been a great company to work for. They are foward thinking and the upper management is great. I have had a great time working there. I had the best co workers a person could ask for. It was very stressful there the past six months with a change in middle management. I will take my experience there as positive and I learned so much from – more... working there. – less
Financial Associate/Operations Management (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 8, 2014
I learned how to be a professional. The environment is challenging and forces you to grow. I have become an efficient multi-tasker.
Very professional
Reception Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch, great salary/bonus
Cons: upper management
Blackstone has excellent benefits and compensation. Most of the people are amazing to work with but there is a definite class divide between professional and staff. This leads to micro-managing and departments being run badly by people who think they know what's best.
Competitive organization
Team Leader (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 30, 2013
I learned lots about the basics of sales and marking with Blackstone. Management did a fairly good job, was newer ownership at the time. The environment was awesome, a great team.
Small security agency looking to expand
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Tucson to Buckeye, ArizonaJuly 25, 2013
Pros: good management
Cons: no benefits
Blackstone placed me as a night shift officer on a school site that had multiple break-ins. After I made numerous prevention's at the site, I was promoted to be area manger. I learned wide spread management skill there such as how to manage the different types of employees a company has.
Dekalb Physicians Group was a good place to work
Patient Account Rep/Payment Posting Specialist (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMay 6, 2013
Pros: stress free admosphere.
Cons: no room for advancement.
Team oriented work place. Management was very approachable. Flexible work schedule.
Good pay and good people.
Shop Supervisor and Field Tech (Current Employee), Denison, TXApril 10, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours and a lot of labor
Go over inventory and check packing slips for any missing equipment. Restock inventory and check with everyone to see what jobs are coming up so I know what will be needed in the following weeks.
meh
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNApril 5, 2013
you commit a lot of hours to the job, sometimes you dont make any money in one day
must be internally driven
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNApril 5, 2013
must be able to work on your own, straight commission based. upper management are good people
Fun Workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNNovember 1, 2012
Pros: close connection with co-workers
Cons: very short breaks, meetings were not paid for
It was a commission + base salary
Every day we had an unpaid, mandatory meeting that lasted 2-3 hours every morning.
We learned many things to help us; however we weren't getting paid for this and it made it really difficult to go.
Co-workers were upbeat and happy every day.
It was difficult getting the desired accounts we needed to survive but
we were – more... all very close as a team – less
Productive, easy going company to work for.
Help Desk Consultant (Current Employee), 51 Park Avenue, NYCSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: good company to work for.
Cons: only temp position at this time and they have to start laying people off.
Good company that people can be easy going but also very business product. Easy comfortable atmosphere where people get along where one can work either in a group (depending on project); or solo or single which one usually does.
they were good to work for
Security Officer, Unknown ONET title (Former Employee), Providence, RISeptember 4, 2012
Pros: good place to wok
Cons: short work hours per week
the company at the time did not give me the hours that I wanted
Good food, great co-workers
Server / Bartender (Former Employee), Melville, New YorkJune 26, 2012
Pros: great money
Cons: long hours, no benefits, no job security
I served and bartended here. Upscale steak house with a fantastic staff.
Enjoy traveling and meeting new clients
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE / MANAGER (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlMay 18, 2012
Pros: traveling, sales, management, co-workers
Cons: health care, gas, loss of business
Well I was an Account Executive for the North East and North West territory for international phone cards. Start my day with the orders from the PDA system and plan my daily route. Manage all new accounts and renew current accounts. Morning meetings took place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays via internet since the company was based out of Miami, – more... Fl. My co-workers were all great, I started the company with my ex husband and worked together being the top sales rep for the North East territory we both advanced to management and trained employee's for the North West territory. The hardest part was not getting paid on time for sales from our customers and traveling in bad weather. I enjoyed the flexiblity and meeting new people and being able to travel. – less
Great people.
Staff and Administrative Manager (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAMarch 20, 2012
Pros: staff, owners, client base.
Cons: late hours.
Energetic and positive culture, absolutely wonderful people.

About Blackstone

Throw a rock and you're bound to hit a Blackstone investment. The Blackstone Group is one of the largest private equity firms – Read more