Blackstone Employee Reviews

engaging workplace
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 11, 2015
delivering mail to clients throughout the building setting up and breaking down presentations interacting with the clients learning about the different task they do
Blackstone / GSO
Consultant - Purchases and Sale / Valuations Team (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: contract ended
This was a consulting role but it was also a very good learning experience. I was heavily involved with various security and security derivative valuations and was responsible for daily P&L and top sheet reporting. I was a good learning experience gaining more exposure to CDS's, term loans and other products both domestic and international.
Extra part-time cash which does not interfere with my full-time job
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee), Rhode IslandJanuary 8, 2015
Rent, buy, or sell property for clients. Perform duties, such as study property listings, interview prospective clients, accompany clients to property site, discuss conditions of sale, and draw up real estate contracts. Includes agents who represent buyer.
Best part of organization
Director, Blackstone Innovations (Current Employee), New YorkNovember 28, 2014
You are given a tremendous amount of responsibility immediately after you begin working at Blackstone. You are also surrounded by some of the smartest and driven people in the industry. Blackstone is a true top-tier alternative asset management firm.
Challenging but rewarding.
General Manager (Former Employee), G6 Hospitality, BWI Motel 6October 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: lack of security
For almost 8 years its been a very interesting experience. In Williamsburg, loved this area and its people, then transferred to BWI, a challenged property with many life changing experiences that changed – more... me into a stronger, wiser individual. Unfortunately this property is very dangerous, especially for someone like me. I take ownership for my hotels and home. Many, many times I worked with County, State and Federal Police to work together to keep this place safe. It was a 24/7 job, I loved it but the danger is just too much. Promised I would get transferred 2 years ago. AM left company. New DO came in, still no transfers came available that I was interested in based on location, not in Virginia. – less
Fast Pace job,great organizational skills needed
1st Cook (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDOctober 11, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Breakfast and Lunch Prep and execution .Making sure we have no food overages but have enough food to feed our troops!!! Everyone very easy to work with.
Daily procedures
Vice President- Facilities, Office Services (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 28, 2014
working out day to day issues, Responsible, reliable and integrity.
enjoyable
Technical Support (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2014
My typical day of work is as follow:
clock in
get ready to assist the customer on troubleshooting any computer issues they are experiencing with the touch-n-buy unit we provide.
greet all my co-workers – more... who are almost my family because we spend 8 hours every day from Monday through Friday
I have learned a lot about fixing network related issues due to no connectivity and how to explore the computers.
it's a very flexible job and the environment is pretty cool, the hardest part of the job is to keep the composure against an irritated customer, but it's fine that is part of the job, at the end feel satisfied that the issue has been resolve. – less
Great people and a great Atmosphere
Design & Visual Communications Instructor (Former Employee), Upton, MAJune 11, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: n/a
I worked with students using the Adobe Mastersuite Collection CS6 and taught Graphic Design, Animation, Interactive Design, Web Design, etc..
loved this job
Painter-Assembler (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: not enough pay
Work here was always productive. i learned how to spray paint, wield, and dip parts in an acid bath. The people are all great. The hardest part of the job was mixing the paint to the right spec.
Black Stone
Clinical Manager (Current Employee), OhioMarch 18, 2014
Pros: open door policy
Black Stone has been a great company to work for. They are foward thinking and the upper management is great. I have had a great time working there. I had the best co workers a person could ask for. It was very stressful there the past six months with a change in middle management. I will take my experience there as positive and I learned so much from working there.
Financial Associate/Operations Management (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 8, 2014
I learned how to be a professional. The environment is challenging and forces you to grow. I have become an efficient multi-tasker.
Very professional
Reception Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch, great salary/bonus
Cons: upper management
Blackstone has excellent benefits and compensation. Most of the people are amazing to work with but there is a definite class divide between professional and staff. This leads to micro-managing and departments being run badly by people who think they know what's best.
Competitive organization
Team Leader (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 30, 2013
I learned lots about the basics of sales and marking with Blackstone. Management did a fairly good job, was newer ownership at the time. The environment was awesome, a great team.
Small security agency looking to expand
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Tucson to Buckeye, ArizonaJuly 25, 2013
Pros: good management
Cons: no benefits
Blackstone placed me as a night shift officer on a school site that had multiple break-ins. After I made numerous prevention's at the site, I was promoted to be area manger. I learned wide spread management skill there such as how to manage the different types of employees a company has.
Dekalb Physicians Group was a good place to work
Patient Account Rep/Payment Posting Specialist (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMay 6, 2013
Pros: stress free admosphere.
Cons: no room for advancement.
Team oriented work place. Management was very approachable. Flexible work schedule.
Good pay and good people.
Shop Supervisor and Field Tech (Current Employee), Denison, TXApril 10, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours and a lot of labor
Go over inventory and check packing slips for any missing equipment. Restock inventory and check with everyone to see what jobs are coming up so I know what will be needed in the following weeks.
meh
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNApril 5, 2013
you commit a lot of hours to the job, sometimes you dont make any money in one day
must be internally driven
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNApril 5, 2013
must be able to work on your own, straight commission based. upper management are good people
Fun Workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNNovember 1, 2012
Pros: close connection with co-workers
Cons: very short breaks, meetings were not paid for
It was a commission + base salary
Every day we had an unpaid, mandatory meeting that lasted 2-3 hours every morning.
We learned many things to help us; however we weren't getting paid for this and it made it really difficult to go.
Co-workers were upbeat and happy every day.
It was difficult getting the desired accounts we needed to survive but
we were all very close as a team