Blackthorn Advisory Group is an organization supporting the financial services industry, providing guidance and services in the areas of software development, predictive modeling, accounting, internet marketing, business advisory and more. We operate on the premise that technology, data; and, most importantly, people leveraged intelligently produce profitable business outcomes.
Title: Project Manager, Business Analyst
Reports to: Managing Director, Client Services
Based at: Wilmington, DE
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator with the ability to discuss and understand IT related projects and concepts. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, motivated and enjoy the challenges of supporting a growing team. Candidate will build relationships with the individual business units, our customers, and their staff to ensure that the services provided meet or exceed established agreements.
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Responsible for end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, customer management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation.
- Seamless project management through all phases of the customer relationship - coordinating with the customer, technical resources, and support personnel, while managing customer expectations to prevent overload and missed deadlines.
- Listening carefully for customer feedback by monitoring customer interaction workspaces and other online environments.
- Communicating regularly with the customer to evaluate satisfaction and proactively identify upcoming needs.
- Adhoc assignments as necessary.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Set and continually manage project expectations by effectively communicating to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Determine and assess the need for additional resources staff and/or consultant to achieve project goals.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Develop full-scale project plans when appropriate and associated communications documents.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines, key milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Determine frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of product and/project(s).
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
- Collects data for and assists with writing and executing user acceptance test plans to validate all user functionality of applications.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Administer customer requests for service by monitoring internal ticketing system and assign requests to appropriate resources.
- Solve critical issues in a time-sensitive environment.
- Provide weekly reporting of work completed as well as SLA performance.
- Providing an excellent customer experience for all accounts, by anticipating and resolving customer issues in a manner that exceeds the customer expectations.
Skills and Specifications:
- Experience with consumer lending solutions and products.
- Ability to lead and influence Clients, other Business Analysts, and Technical Team members.
- Ability to effectively manage expectations and strengthen relationships.
- Familiarity with Waterfall, Agile, and/or ITIL project management methodologies.
- Technically competent with various software programs such as Microsoft Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience facilitating.
- Proven ability to handle / resolve conflict.
- Ability to multi-task multiple assignments simultaneously with differing levels of urgency
- Ability to manage frequent change.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience building project schedules.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex project meetings.
- Keen attention to detail.
- High aptitude for learning new software applications.
- Able to perform well in the face of tight deadlines and tough technical and organizational challenges.
- Steadfast and calm in complex and pressure situations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with 5 years of experience. At least 3-5 years of project management experience in a technology environment. PMI or some formal Project Management training a plus. Minor in a computer science related field. Experience with successfully creating and/or modifying processes.
Indeed - 23 months ago