Blain's Farm & Fleet (Blain Supply, Inc.)

Blain's Farm & Fleet (Blain Supply, Inc.) Employee Reviews

Toy land
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIMay 21, 2017
At the job I was only temporary I worked the toy land and that was my very first job I loved doing it we stocked and helped costumers. Love the coworkers.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Was only paid 7.25
A good place to work if you like retail
Tire Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIApril 27, 2017
A typical day included restocking product on shelves, writing work orders, taking needed parts to the service center for work orders, writing reports of observed conditions and providing these reports to customers. Management was supportive of the employees and did a good job of informing employees of changes or updates to company policy. Really the only negative is the corporate headquarters seeming disconnect with what was actually going on in the stores.

For the most part, the workplace culture was about average to good. Most employees were willing to assist in departments other than their regular department when needed, but made sure to ask questions of the regular departmental employees in order to try to avoid errors. In addition, there was not a lot of pressure to upsell, other than the extended warranty program. And employees were recognized for good customer service, especially if the customer happened to mention the employee in their review of the service they received.
Pros
Good work culture, management competence
Cons
Lack of scheduling flexibility, minimal cross-departmental training
Productive and fun workplace.
Assist Customers (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILApril 27, 2017
I love working here and I think the environment is a perfect fit for mostly anyone. The management is very flexible and professional when it comes to their employees. It is a great place to start out in the work world because it teaches you a lot of things such as responsibility and how to handle the general public.
it's alright
auto service writer/customer service (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIApril 23, 2017
The management at the store was not on top of what they should've been. At times when you'd ask them questions they would begin to get flustered like they had no idea what was going on in the store at all. Other than management being stupid, it was pretty chill.
Great work family atmosphere
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAApril 17, 2017
The management and corporate personnel treat everyone with respect and concern. The local store management is good with working with associates schedules to accommodate school or family commitments. It is family owned and the current CEO is working to make improvements to compensation packages but technology and wages for certain positions are still lagging behind competition. While ideas for improvements are always welcome implementation is slow due to conservative approach to finances. While the conservative approach can be frustrating, it also is assuring that the company always acts in the best interest of it's customers and employees. While it takes longer to invest in technology and tools they have never closed a store and are continuing to grow in the market.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
speed of advancements both professionally and tech
Good Start
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIApril 11, 2017
Good start again for a high school student. I was able to learn good costumer service skills and able to learn department work. Good management and co workers.
Hard work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILApril 9, 2017
Manually labor intensive, very fun work environment. Pay was terrible with the limited number of hours allotted to associates. Truly enjoyed the work and management team
It has a very good work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Morton, ILApril 5, 2017
I stock and fill shelves most days of the week. Farm and Fleet makes you do a lot of things that are not necessarily in your job description. So my typical day is doing what the manager over my area wants me to do.
Productive place to work
Seasonal Department (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IAApril 4, 2017
Overall good atmosphere to work in but there is no place for advancement for me there. I enjoy the customers that come in and I enjoy helping them find what they need
Very friendly place to work and offers opportunity to move up
Back up Technician and shop Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 31, 2017
Working at Farm and Fleet was a good experience and taight me a lot of what i know today about cars. i was offered a lot of hands on experience and also was sent to do fun Tire events.
Alright
Service Center Automotive Tech Level (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMarch 21, 2017
Good place to work but not willing to work with you. a poorly ran store as well more or less dead end job. good people that work there but not a good place to work for
Great family environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILMarch 14, 2017
I loved working for this company! If I could go back I would. The managers were great and the coworkers were great! It was a wonderful first job. The only reason why I am s=not still with them is because I relocated. Not having a discount was the only con I can think off.
Cons
no discount
Great work environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIFebruary 7, 2017
A typical work day is going to work with a smile on my face. What I have learned is communication is key in anything that you do in life. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely my coworkers. Working with great people makes going to work a million times better.
Pros
Make new friends. Trained in different areas
Cons
Short breaks as cashiers
Average
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJanuary 15, 2017
It is a good place for a first job for high school students. Management is too pushy for credit cards and replacement plans. Very strict policies.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Great family owned company and a great place to work. There is an outlet for most people whether you are interested in Agriculture, Electrical, Paint or Softlines. Everyone is easy to get along with and Management encourages you to do well.
Good college job
Agricultural Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IADecember 20, 2016
Worked here during college, as a part time employee the managment was kind and flexible with scheduling. The staff is enjoyable to work with. Working here was great
Good environment, nice people.
Farm Associate (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIDecember 2, 2016
They work with your schedule and are good about giving you days off when you request them and are ok about following availability. They train you well and management and other associates are good about answering questions.
Pros
Work with your schedule, flexible.
Cons
Dont always have enough people scheduled in departments.
Enjoyable, great atmosphere
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 29, 2016
Excellent Corporation to work for. Great environment and people, clean and ample work space, Productive atmosphere, access to many new technologies and management willing to accommodate its employees
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Black Friday
Blain's Farm & Fleet
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILNovember 18, 2016
was part time worker. helped customers with issues they had on their vehicles as well as setting up trailers. did general maintenance on vehicle for each client that came in.
Not a happy place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IANovember 16, 2016
Blain's is a work environment in which you can expect to find no sort of fulfillment. Taking pride in your work is a liability when you are surrounded by such negative, toxic attitudes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blain's Farm & Fleet (Blain Supply, Inc.). Our community is ready to answer.

2.9