Blain's Farm & Fleet (Blain Supply, Inc.)

Blain's Farm & Fleet (Blain Supply, Inc.) Employee Reviews

productive
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJanuary 5, 2016
i have a productive day at work everyday,because everybody work as a team. And my co-workers are very much positive. which keeps me positive and also makes my day smooth.
Warehouse
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILOctober 28, 2015
Great employees good company to work for just the store management are too young and it is really obvious they dont have the experience on how to treat customers nor the staff. They treat employees unfairly and will never back their employees up on decisions just fire them to cover their own mistakes instead of owning up to them.
Tire Desk
Tire Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Freeport, IlSeptember 29, 2015
Are promised everything in interview. They will not followup. Per hour wage was less then promised. Was told full time in less then one month. Did not happen even though was told I am a great employee.

Looking for new job. Not satisfied. Walmart pays more. Management favors lazy people.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
see review
retail
DESK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 30, 2015
It is your typical retail job with all of the pros and cons that come with the territory. The environment was really childish.
Cons
no employee discounts, store manager made work environment stressfull
great place to work with amazing people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILAugust 17, 2015
I've been with this company for 5 years and it's always a please going into work every day. These people i work with are always cheerful and friendly and making working there fun.
Blains Farm and Fleet
Carts and carry out (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILAugust 9, 2015
I did carts and carry out, Was a easy job Some days were physically demanding, most co workers were great, management was good. would do what the management would tell me to. spent a lot of time in the warehouse moving freight with palate jack, picking boxes out of the shelf's.
Pros
easy job right outta highschool
Cons
not enough pay or advancement oppertunities
nice people, great boss
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  janesville wiJuly 27, 2015
I think this job is great although I do not like people telling on each other to make themselves look better. Other than that this place has good kind hearted people and I will be here for a long time.
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
I dont get free money
Productive fast-paced environment with many resonsibilities that teaches you to multi-task.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Geneseo, ILJuly 8, 2015
My typical day consists of operating the forklift, checking in product from freight-trucks and helping customers load their vehicles with items purchased. I learned a number of maintenance techniques while working here including operating electric pallet jacks, floor scrubbers, and item-scan guns.The best part of my job is the interaction I have with customers and the feeling of gratitude i get when I know they have a had a pleasant experience.
Pros
Experience in customer service/sales that I can take with me anywhere.
Cons
No room to advance in the comapany.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 20, 2015
Cashier

• Process each customer’s items for payment, including greeting each customer, scanning customers items into system and receicving payment in the form of cash, credit or check

• Process coupons, promotions, work orders and rainchecks as presented

• Ensure all customer purchases located in the warehouse are correctly entered and called to the warehouse for customer pick-up

• Offer Blain’s Farm and Fleet credit card to each customer and Best Plans on eligible products
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
No set hours
tire tech
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais,ILJune 19, 2015
Changed oil, tires and did general mechanic work. Overall nice company to work for. Good for a high school student will in school.
Just a pretty awful place to work.
Men's Department Head (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IowaJune 16, 2015
The work is great but some of the people and management are terrible. Low pay and the insurance is so awful. Favoritism is also a big problem. Management has their favorites who are rewarded continually. The will not discipline people because they are always trying to get people hired. So they won't face issues that need to be addressed.
Pros
Cons
Lots, low moral of employee's, management likes to ignore problems between employee's, they expect 200 percent from you and don't give anything back.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Racine WIJune 2, 2015
I learned how to work with a team. I also learned that you need everyone to get something done. but that i can also work by myself.
Fun Place, great people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJune 1, 2015
It was a great plac e to work in high school. I made great friends, meet some awsome people, and took a lot of learning out of this position.
Blain's Farm and Fleat: A great and refreshing corporate experience
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILMay 26, 2015
Farm and Fleet was very good to me. Over the past six years through my high school and college career I would continue to be accepted back into their workforce while I was on winter and summer breaks.

A day at work included cleaning various fixtures around the store and fixing things. Often I would be given random tasks that the managers had around the store like painting, fixing holes in walls, reorganizing warehouses, etc. All of this was almost completely unsupervised, I would be told what to do and then be left to do it by myself. This was a role that I had to earn, as most employees in the store were not given the freedoms I had.

By earning this I learned how to self-manage my time and work ethic, and how to be responsible without anybody directly overseeing me. This is what I believe to be my biggest takeaway from my time at Farm and Fleet.
one the nicer retail stores I worked for
cashier (Former Employee) –  usaMay 17, 2015
I worked for then as a cashier for very short time. I had to leave because I couldn't afford to work for minimum wage at part time. my coworkers were some of the nicest people I've ever met and the management was very nice when I explain to them why I had to leave to find a full time job and higher pay. the only part of the job I didn't like was having to practically harass customers about taking out a credit card or a replacement plan or their zip code.
Pros
getting most of the holidays off since the store is closed those days
Cons
part time at minimum wage and dealing with the public
Good Company
Hardware Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMay 4, 2015
Blain's is good company. They make you work weekends and don't pay very well. The co-workers are fun and great to work with. Its probably one of the most fun jobs you will have but overall a good company!
fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WIMarch 19, 2015
great people to work for, great management team, always having a fun time, but at the same time, always a professional work place.
This Store Management would never run a business that I would ever own!
Service desk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Morton IllinoisMarch 19, 2015
I dont recommend this store to anyone, especially if you are a social person or you need acknowledged for your work it won't happen. The management is to say the least the most unorganized, most ineffective, unpleasant, insufficient, group of management type people I have ever seen. They are supposed to be our leaders however they can't seem to lead themselves, they never smile to the customers or the staff. I have seen a manager argue with a customer just to be right? I was in shock! I think it is time to clean house and get some people who want to be there and want the store to be successful. Management has bullied staff about being ill or needing a break or something to help ease some pain of their body...actually wanting them to lie about it. ..against the law! Schedule always late...not family oriented at all, lied to as a staff member by management, but yet you are expected to still perform over 100%. . No breaks at times even after 5 hours of being there. If they do come out of the office to you they are rude to you even while you are waiting on a customer so unprofessional...very embarrassing. I wonder if they have different management training cause I really didn't think there was so many cold and almost hateful management people in one place need to balance it out...Not good for staff morale at all!
Pros
the elderly customers are great!
Cons
lack of communication, management needs to get a job working with the public and get a personality
small engine dept.
Small Engine Technician (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 9, 2015
Working with 3 employees ( 2 full time and 1 part time) repairing and servicing lawn and garden equipment. Training provided with travel to corp headquarters out of state.
Pros
training
Cons
lack of communacation
unload truck and put away freight
Warehouse/stocking crew (Current Employee) –  Rockton, ILFebruary 12, 2015
I start with unloading the daily truck and start breaking it down onto carts. The crew and i then take the carts to the floor to be put away in there departments. I help out in the warehouse as needed if they are short on staff. I learned to be a good team player and learned to work well with others. The management is very friendly and helpful. My co-workers are amazing people the would go out of there way to help you with anything. They are always looking out for one another. I didn't think there was really any hard part of work. my favorite part of work was interacting with the customers and helping them out with whatever they needed. It was really nice making peoples day.
Pros
treated you well and good work enviroment
Cons
little pay for the hours and things they want you to do.