Blain's Farm & Fleet (Blain Supply, Inc.)

Blain's Farm & Fleet (Blain Supply, Inc.) Employee Reviews

Average
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJanuary 15, 2017
It is a good place for a first job for high school students. Management is too pushy for credit cards and replacement plans. Very strict policies.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Great family owned company and a great place to work. There is an outlet for most people whether you are interested in Agriculture, Electrical, Paint or Softlines. Everyone is easy to get along with and Management encourages you to do well.
Good college job
Agricultural Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IADecember 20, 2016
Worked here during college, as a part time employee the managment was kind and flexible with scheduling. The staff is enjoyable to work with. Working here was great
Good environment, nice people.
Farm Associate (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIDecember 2, 2016
They work with your schedule and are good about giving you days off when you request them and are ok about following availability. They train you well and management and other associates are good about answering questions.
Pros
Work with your schedule, flexible.
Cons
Dont always have enough people scheduled in departments.
Enjoyable, great atmosphere
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 29, 2016
Excellent Corporation to work for. Great environment and people, clean and ample work space, Productive atmosphere, access to many new technologies and management willing to accommodate its employees
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Black Friday
Blain's Farm & Fleet
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILNovember 18, 2016
was part time worker. helped customers with issues they had on their vehicles as well as setting up trailers. did general maintenance on vehicle for each client that came in.
Not a happy place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IANovember 16, 2016
Blain's is a work environment in which you can expect to find no sort of fulfillment. Taking pride in your work is a liability when you are surrounded by such negative, toxic attitudes.
Has a high turnover
Cashier and Garden Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WINovember 4, 2016
The job itself is not difficult but management makes it very hard to want to come to work everyday. The Co workers are wonderful but everyone is in the same boat and worried about job security.
Pros
Co workers
2 great managers, fun to work with employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIOctober 8, 2016
I always trained new people at the front counter. I answered phones, helped customers with problems they are having, emailed and called various company's, worked with dnr licensing
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Not good pay not full time and 1 manager didn't treat you will
Friendly work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 8, 2016
Managers and other co-workers are always helpful. Typical work day as a cashier: providing customer service at the register, helping people find items in store and keep an eye out on wondering children.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 18, 2016
Grew with the new times at this company. Learned a lot and great benefits. Like that they work with the community for Heart walks, etc.
Fun work place
Sales associate, assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILAugust 25, 2016
Store manager is amazing, but as any other place there are some negatives.I loved working with this company and the detail they took to take care of their employees.
Fun-loving coworkers and a clean work environment.
Cashier/ Tool Department (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ILAugust 23, 2016
My coworkers at Farm and Fleet are very fun, sarcastic, and hardworking. The managers are strict enough, but still like to joke around every once in awhile. All of my coworkers are what makes my job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is keeping myself busy. The store is typically not very busy, so it can be difficult at times to find a way to occupy myself until the end of the shift. I learned a lot about customer service and the store itself while helping the customers.
Pros
Weekly pay, longer lunches
Cons
No discount
Good work environment, hours and weekends are blah
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  RockfordAugust 19, 2016
A very employee friendly retailer in terms of days off for holidays and working around personal schedules like kids and school. Having to work at least two out of four weekends can be rough, but its not the worst thing that can happen to you.
Obese sedentary female accountants run the company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJuly 24, 2016
This is not your grandfathers Farm and Fleet. It is cut throat retail filled with mean girls.They are jealous of young athletic men. Store manager is scared of some of the tattle tale employees.If you help a customer in somebody else's department because no one is available, the dept mgr will figure out a way to stick it to you. If they can't or won't bust shoplifters they will spy on the employees looking for obscure reasons to fire them. Turnover was huge, they almost expect new employees will quit someday. The management was mostly upstairs watching the security cameras, they did little heavy lifting or putting stock away. This was reinforced by their blue shirts, the grunts all wore red. No one cared about the stores sales numbers, even though we all wasted time every morning listening to them.But I understand being only paid an hourly wage does this to most people.
Pros
two t-shirts for the price of one, also a good physical work out
Cons
management listens to whimsical emotions not rational thought
Fun easy going people
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Watertown, WIJuly 21, 2016
Just need to hire more people so the work load is evened put. It really is and okay place to work the jobs aren't bad and the hours aren't bad either. Great if you have a family
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
People
Strong, family based company that makes you feel like you're part of a team.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roscoe, ILJuly 11, 2016
I was fortunate enough to have been above to move up and around quite a bit throughout the company. I made many life long friends and always left every opportunity with a positive learning experience. As a retail company, you see a lot of managers move in and out, up and around, but it's always nice to make acquaintances and keep them for many years. From part time high school kids, to the CEO and owner of the company, I have encountered so many loving, genuinely caring people.
The company, as a whole, is generous and BEYOND understanding when it comes to family emergencies, life changes, and tragedies.
Pros
Every other weekend off, which is almost unheard of in retail. Most holidays are off and paid.
Production and Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 5, 2016
I enjoyed working with a team and the responsibilities I had. I originally applied for a cashier position and then later decided that was too boring for me and my managers had no problem finding me a spot in the floor and a sales associate. My manager was very flexible with my scool schedule and understood that school came first.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
I always have to close.
Great Company But Some Free Time
Hardware Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMay 23, 2016
Typical day is pretty steady. Management is decent and the co-workers are good. Hardest part to deal with is constant fill in of other departments. Other than that they have okay pay and decent benefits.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Constant fill in of other departments
Not the best company to work for.
Bookkeeper, Part - time (Current Employee) –  Belvidere, ILMay 9, 2016
It's guaranteed that you will get some hours a week but never what you need. The management can be hit or miss. Although they are very good about giving you days off if you need them if you put in at least two weeks notice.
Pros
See ads before they're open to the public
Cons
No discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blain's Farm & Fleet (Blain Supply, Inc.). Our community is ready to answer.

Blain's Farm & Fleet (Blain Supply, Inc.) Reviews by Location