Blain's Farm and Fleet

Blain's Farm and Fleet Employer Reviews

Worst Retailer to work for
employee (Former Employee), MidwestDecember 5, 2013
Pros: holidays company is closed
Cons: how much time do you have?
Blain's Farm and Fleet is the worst retailer to work for in America. The management is totally clueless and only communicates with very few selected people in the store. We filter through multiple complaints each day and management does not even take time to call most of the customers back. Warehouse staff thinks they own the store and management never – more... checks up on them, which is why they spend so much time milking the clock! Most of warehouse people spend a lot of time walking around the store looking busy, but they are really just gossiping about everyone else. If management would get off of their little phones and out of their office, they might just see that there is more stock in the back than on the floor! As for the guys in the shop, they have it made because if they don't feel like working then they just tell customers they are busy and their schedule is full. Its ashame, the farmers are the hardworking folks who helped to build the company, but the company doesn't value any of their customers, especially the farmers. I would recommend working at Farm and Fleet to my friends who are slackers because this is the perfect place for them, but I would not recommend this place to anyone who wants to work at a place they can be proud of. – less
Not the best company I have worked for
Technician 1/Entry Level (Former Employee), Waukesha, WINovember 26, 2013
A typical day at work is very routine. You would clock in, change into uniform, check scheduler, pull out trucks, and wait for the doors to open. I did learn a lot about working on vehicles and easier ways to figure out what is wrong with the vehicle. The management staff was often on different pages, tend to openly favor people, and the communication – more... skills were not all together the best. My co-workers for the most part were helpful and had very little problems getting along. Hardest part opf the job would have to be the fact that there are ten people on at any given time and each had their own way of taking care of problems or fixing them. The best part was the way when needed my co-workers would pull together and make things much easier and would jump in and give ideas and information on how to do the job better. – less
productive and fun workplace
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Janesville, WINovember 18, 2013
I loved the people, the job was awesome, the only thing poor about it was the hourly wage.
Educational Job
Service Technician (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILNovember 4, 2013
I learned a lot more about automobiles than I ever had before, worked with great colleagues, and worked hard everyday to succeed in my job.
Good Student Job
Part-Time Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: fun people, easy work, flexible
Cons: management capabilities
I worked in the warehouse during college. I enjoyed the position and the people I worked with. Management was not as educated as I would expect but they make it work.
Great learning experience
Retail Clerk (Former Employee), Sterling, ILOctober 2, 2013
This company allowed me to be a full time student and a full time employee. I learned how to balance my schedule and manage my time.
Strict regulations with a "pick-and-choose" managment
Cashier (Former Employee), Onalaska, WIAugust 20, 2013
Pros: steady schedule, easy job perfomance
Cons: managment, strict regulations
The job at Blain's Farm and Fleet was as simple as it can get.

Cashiering.

With that job though came certain expectations of credit card sales as well as product protection plans. Disciplinary actions are taken upon those who do not meet standard quota. This happens even though they claim to not require sales of the aforementioned extras. Also, certain – more... employees ranging in age and tenure apparently aren't held to strict regulations like the rest of the cashiers. This is an example of the "pick-and-choose" managerial discipline present in the company.

The regulations at Farm and Fleet are strict enough to where a conversation with a fellow co-worker while at your registers is frowned upon.

I noticed during my employment that a certain few individuals holding managerial positions play "favorites". And with that comes, of course, the "not favorites". I was one of those.

After several warnings and write ups, my manager found an excuse worthy enough to lead to my termination.

I have boycotted this company after my employment experiences. – less
typical of retail
Tire Specialist/Automotive Clerk (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILAugust 12, 2013
Pros: consistent full time hours
Cons: strict on t-shirt tucked in routine, much miscommunication between departments
A job that I acceled at very easily with my enthusiam for the automotive industry. though pay was ok at the time, my amount of experience meritted much more compensation, which was hastily offered to me upon me quitting. Management was fair for what was provided. I did well at my duties as lead tire salesman for my store and hastily created work orders – more... for many other automotive services and appointment creation. – less
Productive workplace.
Automotive Service Technician Level 1 (Current Employee), La Crosse, WIApril 1, 2013
Cons: short-to-none lunches.
Clock in, get working on vehicles. If not busy, I end up cleaning. I learned a lot of automotive knowledge that will help myself someday. The management is decent. Co-workers work well together and are very great to be around. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers. Most enjoyable part is definitely being able to work on vehicles.
interesting place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), chicagoland areaJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: learning new things
Cons: odd working hours
great high school or college break type of job. nothing more
Retail
Warehouse and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Morton, ILJanuary 2, 2013
Worked here part time after high school. Started in the Warehouse but was soon moved into sales in the automotive department.
No Room To Advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILJuly 21, 2012
Pros: if you like working in filth than there is your pro
Cons: managers get no corporate backing on any decisions that are made. constant back stabbing party.
Corporate office does not back it's store management. Customers walk all over store managers at any given time. It was a filthy, disgusting, and rat infested place to work. The employees if they complained enough would get their way on almost every thing. Too many times were employees told no to requests off, because of business conflicts. The employees – more... was cry to the home office and still receive their requests. What was the point to having management at store level. – less
Fun Workplace Customer Oriented
Shoe Clerk (Former Employee), Rice Lake, WIMay 9, 2012
Typical day included stocking shoes and assisting customers around the area. I learned strong communication skills and to be a fast learner of other areas. Management was alright not usually around when needed. Got along very well with co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see my co-workers everyday.
Productive and fun workplace serving customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILApril 22, 2012
Pros: good co workers, managers, and hours
A typical day was running the cash registers and taking care of customer needs. The most enjoyable part of this job was the friendly environment. My co workers were fantastic and I made great friends through work.