Blair Medical Associates Employee Reviews

Poor management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tyrone, PAAugust 11, 2017
Office manager under educated for position and followed rules only for certain people in office. Pay was the lowest I ever received for an LPN job. Appointments were over booked and office was understaffed
Pros
Easy access to a physician if needed
Started as a medical assistant in oncology and ended in clinical research
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 26, 2017
This was a great company to work for. I started in the oncology dept and my co workers and the Drs were the best. I loved the patients. Clinical research was something I had never done before. I loved every minute of it. I learned a whole new level of the medical field. I would still be there today if the dept was not closed down by the take over of the hospital.
Enjoyable
LPN (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PaJuly 9, 2017
Great atmosphere, patients and co-workers. Benefits not the greatest and pay I guess is average for a physician office. I personally wasn't fond of pay rate as I made more prior to receiving PN license.
Nice Place To Work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAApril 29, 2017
This was my first forage back into the working world after a 4 year hiatus and the world changed a lot in those 4 years.

The Company was great, the rules were very strict, and there was no room for error there. You had to learn as you went and asking questions seemed to be frowned upon.

Maybe if I had more experience in EMR as I do now, it would've been a much better fit.
Pros
Free Lunches, free parking that was close, good pay and good work life balance- able to flex time
Cons
Strict policies, rigid dress code, one strike and you are done policy.
overall good work enviroment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAOctober 17, 2016
Coworkers are excellent, my experience was very useful in my career path. The physicians are wonderful to work for. This office is a very high paced atmosphere.
Busy and Productive Place to Work At
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 16, 2016
Blair Medical Associates is a good place to work at. It has its ups and downs but that is any place that you work at. It has some challenges and some days its not busy at all
Pros
Benefits, Hourly Pay, Management
Cons
Employees
job review
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duncansville, PAMarch 22, 2016
Family Practice setting. Clinical tasks are, run providers schedules such as taking patients into exam rooms and doing basic vital signs. Assist in Minor surgeries and Gynecological procedures. Perform flu, strep, mono, glucose and urine tests. Running a nurse schedule that includes injections, blood pressure checks, ear lavage, and patient teaching. Clerical tasks are, Prior Authorizations, patient forms, answering phones, calling test results to patients, test scheduling, faxing, refilling medications, and arranging sick appointments.

management was amazing
coworkers were amazing
hardest part of the job was leaving/quiting
most enjoyable part of the job- I loved this job and enjoyed going to work.
Pros
all
Cons
na
Needed better hours was working part time and needed full time
Correspondence Secretary 03/2005-07/2015 (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PASeptember 30, 2015
worked there for 10 years, loved what I was doing , unable to keep up as the company grew. Loved working with my co-workers missing them all.
Productive work place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 8, 2015
Blair Medical is a productive work place. Patient focused. Management is wonderful to work for. My co-workers and myself had great team work.
great facility with a group of talented doctors
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Great facility with a group of talented doctors. Flexible hours and great benefits. Convenient location. A lot of changes are being implemented becuase of UPMC taking over.
Busy place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 13, 2014
Usually very busy place. Management is not very agreeable with unforseen life complications. Some of the co-workers are extreamly rude. Some are realy nice.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Don't get lunches a lot of the time
Lab Tech
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 21, 2014
I had a specific job to do every day. I would punch in and start my job for that day. Often would also do data entry while machine would run or while waiting for the outside offices blood samples.
My jobs ranged from CBC's, Protimes, Urine and kits, A1C's to checking the blood in and also helping phlebotomy by sticking. I was the last person so at the end of the day I had to shut down certain machimes and make sure all the tests were done. Also answered the phone and followed through with any questions that were asked.
Enjoyed working in office setting
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hollidaysburg, PAAugust 23, 2013
Great experience working with Doctors in the office setting.
I learned almost everything i know from this job and it was a very good learning experience.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAAugust 7, 2013
Everyday was a great day! All of the MD's were inspiring to work with.
I still remember every face and name of the lovely ladies i worked with as well as the MD's and PAC's. I will always remember this as a great learning experience because the atmosphere was always pleasant and welcoming. The hardest part of the job was simply leaving it. I loved every aspect including getting to know the patients.
Busy Medical Practice
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 29, 2013
Multispecialty practice. I was treated very well here!

Five doctors, four medical assistants and two secretaries. It was challenging but rewarding.
Best place to work
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 7, 2013
I was a medical receptionist and performed various office duties, referrals, verifying insurance, scheduling patients and many more. The management was awesome. The co-workers were also awesome. The hardest part of the job was when we would loose patients due to death. The most enjoyable part of the job was bonding with your patients.
Overall, a pleasant place to work.
IV Therapy Nurse (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAAugust 7, 2012
I enjoyed every aspect of my job at Blair Medical. I especially enjoyed working with the Neurology Department, in particular, the patients diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.
Pros
full time daylight position.
Cons
salaried position working long hours