Blanchard Machinery Employee Reviews

Very difficult for techs in Summerville
Technician (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCFebruary 20, 2017
Very high turnover rate. More than fast food environment. Everyone is expendable if they do not have an office. Constantly put down by Management and harassed by assistant branch manager. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time applying here. Worst Caterpillar dealership I have been associated with.
Pros
Employed.
Cons
Assistant branch manager. Excessive hours poor work conditions.
Business Development Specialist
Business Development Specialists (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 11, 2017
I was part of the marketing team, I learned about marketing strategies, sales leads, telemarketing.

I did a lot of outbound and inbound calls to new and existing customers, I also attended management meetings weekly to discuss different ways we could better our client relations and reach out to new clients locally, regionally, nationally and all over the world.
Pros
Talented business co-workers
Cons
Limited opportunities to move up.
Lots of turn over
Counterman (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 24, 2015
if you're in management your job is safe. this company has a lot of turnover. when I was hired my manager promised me months of training considering I was new in heavy parts sales. never happened. Then I was terminated with out even a written warning or verbal warning...
Pros
good hours
Cons
promised to get training.... never happened
This company does not care about the employees
Power Generation Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 31, 2014
Management does not care about the people making this company money. There is little to no training on the wide range of equipment you are expected to work on in the field. Technical support for field techs working is very little if you can reach them. Sent out on jobs with wrong parts on a regular basis. The company would not allow technicians to stock trucks with basic supplies to do jobs, everything had to be billed to customers workorders. Overall this is not a company to work for until they replace management
Pros
at least you have a job
Cons
low pay, bad benefits, low morale
Fun
Administrator (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCApril 10, 2013
They are laid back, so long as you do your work but day to day activities can be repetitive.
Pros
laid back
Cons
repetitive
great place to work but pay needs to increase
A Field Technician (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMarch 15, 2013
even in this poor economy there have been no raises in 4 years...some people 5 years. love my job and the people i work with. i am just looking for an increase in pay.hopefully better retirement plan
Pros
fun company to work for with a great owner and people
Cons
poor pay limited benefits