Blanchard Valley Health System Employee Reviews

Horrible
Surgery (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 5, 2017
Management is a complete joke, if they don't like you they will make your job horrible until you quit or get fired. They don't care about their employees only their favorites which is really sad because I really liked many of my cow workers and doctors. I learned a lot the time that I was there, but would never recommend working there to anyone. Stressful long hours, barely get lunches and they don't care how many times you work over you never get a thank you or anything. Sad how they treat their employees.
Awful place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 29, 2017
Working for the housekeeping department would be the worst mistake of your life. Management is AWFUL. They are heartless people who care more about making you the most miserable person at the job than helping you succeed. Nothing you will ever do will be enough too satisfy them. They amount of turnover that there is, is horrible. My coworkers were the only thing keeping me at my job until I found a new one. Mt advice would be to look for a job elsewhere.
Pros
coworkers, day shift
Cons
Management, workload
Overall great organization to work for
Caughman Health Center Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 2, 2017
Overall, BVHS is a great place to work. Management could be improved in numerous departments, however I personally did not experience any significant issues. I would recommend BVHS to friends!
Cardiology Scheduler/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 24, 2017
Great hours and great place to work. Great group of people to work with and everyone is willing to help when needed. Very patient driven environment.
Great team work, flexible job sites
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 31, 2017
I'm going to miss this place, great people to work with. Good team work. Good benefits. I would recommend Blanchard Valley Hospital to everyone. Great recognition programs and awards.
Pros
Competive wages
Cons
Cafeteria is expensive
Good place to work, terrible management.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 13, 2017
Working in the pharmacy is worth it if you like to stay busy. However, management makes it unbearable to enjoy doing said job. The manager micro-manages every little detail of what you are doing but tends to look the other way if other people do the same thing but they are liked by the manager. They will tear you down to the point were you are nervous to do your job. Loved working with all members of the pharmacy and all other areas of the hospital, everyone was very friendly, willing to work together, and help you if needed. If you are looking to work at Blanchard Valley look in other areas besides the pharmacy.
benefits
Cons
management
Blanchard Valley
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 5, 2017
It seems like a good place to work. Management seems pretty put together. I have learned so much at the health facility. The shifts could be a little easier then what they are.
This is an employer who does not value their staff
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHApril 21, 2017
Blanchard Valley Health System will say they value their employees but do nothing to back it up. Each day consists of an unachievable amount of work with no support from management, they pile the work on and sit back questioning why it is not getting done. The policies are not followed and discipline is administered randomly. While a lot of the workers are hardworking, a large number are unaccountable and lack integrity which lowers overall patient care. Management fails to be there for the leadership necessary to get the job done well. Hiring friends or family is the norm and this causes an unfair work environment. Overall BVH has gone downhill as an employer over the last 30 years.

Management is horrible.
There are no channels to bring problems to a higher level without retribution.
Patient care is sacrificed to save money or time.
Trying to make things better or trying to bring problems to a leader will bring scrutiny to the point of harassment
Benefits
Cons
management, workload
Good Working Environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 19, 2017
The area in which I work is great. I love the people and doctors that I have the pleasure of working with. However, the charting system implemented in October has greatly impacted the attitudes and one-ness of our floor in a negative way. In an area where charting is so very important, it has made it very hard to chart appropriately to cover us the way we need to be covered.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Pay needs to be increased to be more comparable to area hospitals.
Safe patient care and great managment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 15, 2017
My typical day at work includes caring for each individual patient on a one-to-one basis. I help dress, feed, walk, position, bathe each patient, along with changing their sheets, removing urinary catheters, recording I&Os, recording glucose draws, etc. I have learned great hands on skills and therapeutic communication skills. I am overwhelmed with the great co-workers and management that I work with on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job is saying no to taking on too many tasks. I want to help each and every patient and nurse during my shift, therefore, it is hard to delegate my tasks. The most enjoyable part of my day is making the patients feel better and smile.
Pros
Great co-workers/management
Management is terrible and skills don't matter
EMT (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 5, 2016
Hanco was a nice place to work until the hospital took it over. Focus went from being covering the city, which is contracted (which is constantly violated), and county 911 calls to doing transports when the hospital demanded even if the patient did not qualify. Company moral was at an all time low due to management and the relationships between officers and employees showing favoritism. The "chief" made it very clear that unless you fit in to the hospital mold then you were not welcome to work for them. Rules are only for certain employees and easily broken if you're in the favorite group. Numerous dedicated, hard working employees have left there due to the management, leaving the bottom of the barrel or others who are too scared to leave or say anything due to the retaliation that happens. "Open and honest communication" is encouraged unless you have an opinion or idea that differs from the "Paragod" boss. Sadly, what used to be about great patient care has become about fitting the hospital mold and being a mouthless puppet that only does what it's told....
Perspective new employees are given a false idea of what the company is actually like. Crews are required to take out of town transports at night that are not medically necessary, or that could easily stay at the facility until a fresh crew is on, to satisfy the hospital and keep their ratings high, resulting in danger to crew safety. If it is mentioned that the crew is too tired then there is retaliation later.
The crews are overworked but still looked for ways to have fun together, after the "chief" was gone. Crews
  more... on certain shifts were like family together, which was nice.  less
Pros
insurance, unlimited OT
Cons
short staffed means over worked crews, management, hospital owned, pay vs workload
High patient case load and high pressure environment
Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHApril 5, 2016
Extremely busy practice with several providers. BVHS overall is a good system but our department has poor leadership that micromanaged staff, showed preferential treatment and left most of the staff unmotivated and unhappy. When staff members leave, additional jobs are added to existing staff workload.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Management issues
Previously a great place to work
Unit Team Leader-Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 9, 2016
What once was a family-like company has evolved into one where tattling, and other child-like behavior is encouraged.
Hospital life is sometimes hard
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 10, 2015
I love my job and I like most of the people I work with. I enjoy getting to go to all areas of the hospital to collect blood. Typically I work in the out patient lab and get to see many different people during the day. I learn a lot daily with send out testing and going to different departments to work. The hardest part of the job is the schedule changes daily and it is hard to adjust and accommodate my family life as well as work. The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference in people's lives by being a caring, friendly health care worker.
Pros
Friendly workers in other departments
Cons
Ever changing schedule
Loved it
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 30, 2015
Hard work at times, but good people and i enjoyed it if it wasnt for my grandfather getting sick i would still be there honestly
Pros
people work pay
Cons
hour hours are can change drastically
Not fair to african americans
STNA (Former Employee) –  BIRCHAVENMay 2, 2015
If you are in ohio relocating for school run n the opposite direction of birchaven.This company has more bumps in their organization than I75.
Pros
Good benefit"s if you make it
Cons
Pay is 11.15 For full-time toc is 16.00 How fair is that
Blanchard Valley
a real community atmosphere
great amenitys
Great Place To Work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHSeptember 23, 2014
This a great place to work. You work with amazing people who really truly care about patients and their health. Highly recommended place for people to work.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Caring for a lifetime
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHSeptember 10, 2014
My day at work consists of turnings rooms over in a timely fashion. I've learned that a health system is a busy place and there is so many components that play a part in it.
Terrible upper management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Findlay OHJune 3, 2014
No communication between upper management and providers. Most employees are dissatisfied and disgruntled. Contracts are constantly broken or re-written to "meet the needs of the hospital." Salaries are no longer negotiable. Empty promises. Poor recruiting and retention efforts. VERY unprofessional management. No team building or effort to build relationships among staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blanchard Valley Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9