Blanchard Valley Health System

Blanchard Valley Health System United States Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Findlay, OHSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
This a great place to work. You work with amazing people who really truly care about patients and their health. Highly recommended place for people to work.
Caring for a lifetime
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Findlay, OHSeptember 10, 2014
My day at work consists of turnings rooms over in a timely fashion. I've learned that a health system is a busy place and there is so many components that play a part in it.
Terrible upper management
Former employee (Former Employee), Findlay OHJune 3, 2014
No communication between upper management and providers. Most employees are dissatisfied and disgruntled. Contracts are constantly broken or re-written to "meet the needs of the hospital." Salaries are no longer negotiable. Empty promises. Poor recruiting and retention efforts. VERY unprofessional management. No team building or effort to build relationships among staff.
Nice facility to work in but has management issues
Charge Nurse Medical-Surgical/Oncology Unit (Former Employee), Findlay, OHMay 23, 2014
Pros: friends, benefits
Cons: pay, management, hours
Constant turnover of management at the time of my employment. No opportunity for advancement.
Small town Hospital
Histology Technician (Current Employee), Findlay, OHFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: stable company
Cons: no support from management
Small college town hospital that promotes being excellent with current times as far as equipment, but mentality is not current. The good old boys club is famous, as are favoritism. There is no job advancement due to no continuing education.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working for the patients, helping the pathologist diagnosis diseases and cancer. I also enjoyed meeting other professionals within other departments and having professional conversations.

Most days are very busy first thing in the morning then work flow pretty much stops by 11 or 12pm. The hardest part of the job is the constant bickering and back stabbing by employees via for attention and favorship from upper management.

Most of what I learned is there is no support from management, your best bet is to be a hard silent worker and not voice opinions or ideas as this rocks the boat.

There is no overtime so job/life is balanced. However, due to the companies goals/policies and extra activities that they require annually, one has to spend personal time to accomplish them.

This company also requires rigid medical compliances by employees in order to for the medical insurance costs to be reasonable to the employees. In addition, there are no benefits to assist employees in maintaining or keeping their licensure for their work.
Enjoyed the patients at this location.
Skilled/LTC and home health Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Fostoria, OHJanuary 21, 2014
I've learned about balancing with this position. Also unique patient caseload and case mix.
Great Place to work
Administrative Intern (Former Employee), Findlay, OHOctober 14, 2013
Great Place to work

Great Management

I learn Meditech and management skill set
Acute Care in a Rural Hospital
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Findlay, OHJuly 21, 2013
Pros: long lunch break, good benefit options for full-timers
Cons: no health insurance coversage for part-time staff, expesive cafeteria itms
I am frequently on the move during a typical day at work. From attending morning rounds on each floor in the morning to screening/evaluating/treating patients to educating physicians and nurses.

I learned about teamwork and collaboration within a department not only makes it enjoyable for the staff, but the patients, families, and other staff can see how your team interacts and works together, and it helps ease their concerns.

The management team for rehabilitation always put a strong focus on patient satisfaction, as well as associate satisfaction. They made efforts to address staff concerns and took the time to point out a positive event or interaction.

Most difficult aspect of the acute care setting is the variability in the caseload from very high census to very low census.

The most enjoyable aspect was working with the other therapy disciplines and ancillary staff, as well as the enjoyment of patient's accomplishing their goals.
Good Job
LPN- Creighton Dialysis (Current Employee), Findlay, OHJuly 16, 2013
Pros: good benfits
Cons: mediocre pay
Good benefits and decent place to work. I liked my coworkers and management was fair.
Buisness Analyst Profile
Role - Business Analyst (Former Employee), Findlay, OHFebruary 23, 2013
• Experience in gather user requirements, analyzing and preparing Project Deliverables such as Project Charter, Risk Analysis, Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Specification Document (FSD).
• Proficient in transforming business requirements into functional specifications, focusing on workflow analysis, user interface design, portal design, and process flow modeling.
• Highly proficient in working with stakeholders, Subject matter Experts (SMEs) and end-users to elicit, analyze, communicate & validate requirements using JAD, JAR, & Brainstorming sessions and converging efficiently toward a design acceptable to the customer and feasible for the developers within budget and time constraints.
• Proficient at using organizational change management techniques to ease transitions to new systems and processes.
• Demonstrate skill in building/implementing Change Control process, including business readiness, communication to ensure successful delivery of software applications.
• Comprehensive understanding of the Organizational Framework that help to map the AS-IS and TO-BE model using the GAP Analysis and plan and monitor effective approach to build/buy solutions to the business problems/needs/opportunities.
• Expert at Managing Change Request and prioritize them accordingly.
• Skilled in Use Cases and Unified Modeling Language (UML) for requirements gathering and creating Business Context Diagrams, Work Flow Diagrams and Implementation Checklists.
• Demonstrated ability to work actively in different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Rational Unified – more... Process (RUP) and Agile methodologies (SCRUM) and Waterfall methodologies in multi-tier web-based architecture.
• Strong experience in conducting UAT and documentation of test cases. Familiar in designing and developing manual and automation test cases & test scripts and defect tracking using Quality Center and MS Excel.
• Tracing requirements through Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) throughout the development process.
• Known for ability to handle Project Scope Change efficiently, and acted as an understanding and accommodating liaison between business and functional teams.
• Involved in creating Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) diagrams, Network Diagrams, RTM, & ERD (Entry Relationship Diagrams) and Identifying Milestones, Task Dependencies & Critical Paths using Gantt Charts.
• Used the complex SQL Queries to pull out data from the databases for the data validation and routine report generation.
• Responsible for monthly reports to upper management involving Trend Charts, Histograms, Pivot tables and ad hoc reports for key metrics and data modeling.
• Organized weekly project status meetings and task review meetings, documented and disseminated meeting minutes effectively. – less
Blanchard Valley Health System-Findlay, Ohio
Supervision-Charge Nurse/ED (Former Employee), Findlay, OhioJune 14, 2012
Pros: unlimitied overtime
Cons: they took all incentives away. clinical ladder, pto's, cut flex match, cut match on retirement
A 26 bed ED, seeing over 40,000 patients a year. Level 3 trauma.

When I first started in the ED we had a Director and a Manager and it was a family environment.

I was a team player went in whenever they called me, night and day.I loved my co-workers, Physicians and Director but they are no longer there. I worked for 9.5 years in the ED and loved it. Found it was my passion. We changed Directors 4 times while I was there.

Communication was lacking top down and bottom up. It got lost in the middle. People were frustrated, understaffed and over worked. When people spoke up they became targets. As long as you went with the flow and kept your mouth shut you were good. That didn't set with many for they left and are still leaving.

A typical day of work started 7 am. to 7 pm. It was not uncommon to be called in early to assist nights, or work over related to insufficient staffing. Having days off were hard to come by, staff were always calling off and you would be called in. We hit the floor running and kept running all day. No time to eat or drink, and we were lucky to have time to go to the bathroom. This is related to being understaffed. You are unable to leave a critical patient or have another cover you when everyone is dealing with critical patients.

I found that with the changes being made with Medicare and insurance. More people out of work influenced the number and acuity of patients. The health of the patients were worse and we had a larger influx of low acuity patients for they were unable to go to doctors no insurance. Along with the physicians would no longer see them related to bills accumulated.