Blanchard Valley Health System

Blanchard Valley Health System Employer Reviews

Enjoyed the patients at this location.
Skilled/LTC and home health Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Fostoria, OHJanuary 21, 2014
I've learned about balancing with this position. Also unique patient caseload and case mix.
Great Place to work
Administrative Intern (Former Employee), Findlay, OHOctober 14, 2013
Great Place to work

Great Management

I learn Meditech and management skill set
Acute Care in a Rural Hospital
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Findlay, OHJuly 21, 2013
Pros: long lunch break, good benefit options for full-timers
Cons: no health insurance coversage for part-time staff, expesive cafeteria itms
I am frequently on the move during a typical day at work. From attending morning rounds on each floor in the morning to screening/evaluating/treating patients to educating physicians and nurses.

I learned about teamwork and collaboration within a department not only makes it enjoyable for the staff, but the patients, families, and other staff can see – more... how your team interacts and works together, and it helps ease their concerns.

The management team for rehabilitation always put a strong focus on patient satisfaction, as well as associate satisfaction. They made efforts to address staff concerns and took the time to point out a positive event or interaction.

Most difficult aspect of the acute care setting is the variability in the caseload from very high census to very low census.

The most enjoyable aspect was working with the other therapy disciplines and ancillary staff, as well as the enjoyment of patient's accomplishing their goals. – less
Good Job
LPN- Creighton Dialysis (Current Employee), Findlay, OHJuly 16, 2013
Pros: good benfits
Cons: mediocre pay
Good benefits and decent place to work. I liked my coworkers and management was fair.
Buisness Analyst Profile
Role - Business Analyst (Former Employee), Findlay, OHFebruary 23, 2013
• Experience in gather user requirements, analyzing and preparing Project Deliverables such as Project Charter, Risk Analysis, Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Specification Document (FSD).
• Proficient in transforming business requirements into functional specifications, focusing on workflow analysis, user interface design, portal – more... design, and process flow modeling.
• Highly proficient in working with stakeholders, Subject matter Experts (SMEs) and end-users to elicit, analyze, communicate & validate requirements using JAD, JAR, & Brainstorming sessions and converging efficiently toward a design acceptable to the customer and feasible for the developers within budget and time constraints.
• Proficient at using organizational change management techniques to ease transitions to new systems and processes.
• Demonstrate skill in building/implementing Change Control process, including business readiness, communication to ensure successful delivery of software applications.
• Comprehensive understanding of the Organizational Framework that help to map the AS-IS and TO-BE model using the GAP Analysis and plan and monitor effective approach to build/buy solutions to the business problems/needs/opportunities.
• Expert at Managing Change Request and prioritize them accordingly.
• Skilled in Use Cases and Unified Modeling Language (UML) for requirements gathering and creating Business Context Diagrams, Work Flow Diagrams and Implementation Checklists.
• Demonstrated ability to work actively in different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Agile methodologies (SCRUM) and Waterfall methodologies in multi-tier web-based architecture.
• Strong experience in conducting UAT and documentation of test cases. Familiar in designing and developing manual and automation test cases & test scripts and defect tracking using Quality Center and MS Excel.
• Tracing requirements through Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) throughout the development process.
• Known for ability to handle Project Scope Change efficiently, and acted as an understanding and accommodating liaison between business and functional teams.
• Involved in creating Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) diagrams, Network Diagrams, RTM, & ERD (Entry Relationship Diagrams) and Identifying Milestones, Task Dependencies & Critical Paths using Gantt Charts.
• Used the complex SQL Queries to pull out data from the databases for the data validation and routine report generation.
• Responsible for monthly reports to upper management involving Trend Charts, Histograms, Pivot tables and ad hoc reports for key metrics and data modeling.
• Organized weekly project status meetings and task review meetings, documented and disseminated meeting minutes effectively. – less
Blanchard Valley Health System-Findlay, Ohio
Supervision-Charge Nurse/ED (Former Employee), Findlay, OhioJune 14, 2012
Pros: unlimitied overtime
Cons: they took all incentives away. clinical ladder, pto's, cut flex match, cut match on retirement
A 26 bed ED, seeing over 40,000 patients a year. Level 3 trauma.

When I first started in the ED we had a Director and a Manager and it was a family environment.

I was a team player went in whenever they called me, night and day.I loved my co-workers, Physicians and Director but they are no longer there. I worked for 9.5 years in the ED and loved it. – more... Found it was my passion. We changed Directors 4 times while I was there.

Communication was lacking top down and bottom up. It got lost in the middle. People were frustrated, understaffed and over worked. When people spoke up they became targets. As long as you went with the flow and kept your mouth shut you were good. That didn't set with many for they left and are still leaving.

A typical day of work started 7 am. to 7 pm. It was not uncommon to be called in early to assist nights, or work over related to insufficient staffing. Having days off were hard to come by, staff were always calling off and you would be called in. We hit the floor running and kept running all day. No time to eat or drink, and we were lucky to have time to go to the bathroom. This is related to being understaffed. You are unable to leave a critical patient or have another cover you when everyone is dealing with critical patients.

I found that with the changes being made with Medicare and insurance. More people out of work influenced the number and acuity of patients. The health of the patients were worse and we had a larger influx of low acuity patients for they were unable to go to doctors no insurance. Along with the physicians would no longer see them related to bills accumulated. – less