BLANK ROME, LLP Employee Reviews

Doc Production
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2017
I worked in document specialist department. It was basically formatting, editing, creating documents and working with overflow work of attorneys. Nice if you don't want day to day routine
Hard work = no recoginition
Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2017
Working there for many years has taught me that in order for you to succeed you have to be apart of the in-crowd...meaning living in the same neighborhood, hang out frequently after work and wasting countless hours in those who have been blessed with offices. They offer bonuses and raises to those who threaten to leave in order to keep them there, while those who truly deserve them get pennies on the dollar or are told to be thankful that in this economy you have a job. Those who have worked on Saturdays, late nights and help implement ideas within the company to make the flow of work easier just get played for a fool and others reap the benefits of YOUR hardwork. I would not recommend anyone working there unless you are truly in need of a job and dont mind being used a door mat.
Pros
ice cream socials and thanksgiving meals
Cons
low pay, horrible management, no structure, no accountability
BR was a good company to work for.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 29, 2017
In the 27 years I worked for Blank Rome, I enjoyed being an employee. The benefits were outstanding and the consideration for their employees was extraordinary. Everything has changed since they eliminated my job in 2012. They changed their management style and from what I hear is no longer one of the best firms to work for.
Pros
We were kept up to date with the latest technology
Cons
High pressure
Bad Management; Work You to Death;
Foreign Filing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 27, 2017
Only work here unless you are desperate, like you are about to get evicted and just do not have a choice.

Management will barely train you, IF you can catch her in her office when she is not on the phone. Support staff is really nice. Attorneys are all for themselves. IP Administrator only looks out and stands up for the attorneys. Staffers are on their own. This place sucks.

You will NOT get a bonus IF you do not hit the required billable hours. This is a fair warning. Accept a job there at your own risk.
Pros
Good Benefits for Single people
Cons
Horrible IP Management
Awesome establishment
Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2017
This company taught me how to be a professional in a corporate environment. This company treats their employees with respect and they always upgrade the levels of learning within the company.
Pros
awesome work environment
Cons
Driven attorneys
Professional environment
Records Litigation Analyst Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2017
I had a good experience working here for the time I was allowed due to outsourcing. A professional environment without the office politics. Very friendly support staff and the attorneys very professional.
Pros
Attorney and staff very helpful. Staff always willing to lend a helping hand.
Cons
They out sourced numerous positions.
Review Summary
IP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 10, 2016
This was the worse firm I have ever worked at. Very stressful and no structure. I was already experienced with 22 years of Patent Law under my belt. The hardest part of this job was to get organized. There was no general training. I did not enjoy this job. It was a dark environment with rude attorneys.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
Great opportunity in the Foreign Filing department
IP Foreign Filing Annuities Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 21, 2016
The staff was great! my IP Administrator was a great listener and teacher. I learnt all aspects of my new assignment and was very confident in this position.
Pros
Wonderful opportunity
Cons
Only worked in Annuities
fast paced work environment
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2016
offices were nice - modern work place. deadline-driven environment. high intensity obviously working for attorneys who need information ASAP. knowledgeable management staff. a lot of individuals to learn from.
It is one of the leading law firms in DC
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2016
I had for the most part great attorneys to work with. My co-workers made working at Blank Rome very enjoyable. They are a very caring group of people. My cube roommate made me laugh everyday.
Pros
7 minute rule, DC traffic
Cons
The co-workers make Blank Rome.
Was great while it lasted
Real Estate Lending Specialist/Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2016
I believe that working here gave me the opportunity to learn about the Lender's side of things. I learned how to draft loan documents and how to really format documents.
I really loved working there!
IP Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 9, 2015
I was hired as a contract employee doing new client intake for new IP attorney joining the firm. I loved the friendly atmosphere, and the people I worked with were the greatest. I also had the opportunity to use my skills in other areas of IP law. I felt valued and respected. I would go back as a permanent employee in a heartbeat!
Pros
Terrific people, great working environment
Cons
Not the best commute, but flexible working hours and reasonable parking made up for it
High Energy Law Firm
Real Estate Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2015
Great Place to Work; Very Professional Environment
Highly Education Employees
Challenging Job/Fast Pace
Bonuses

Caring Environment
Great On the Job Training
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Big
A great firm with benefits, unfortunately, I got caught in a firmwide layoff.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2015
The only negative is that the team work effect, is unrealistic. They tend to overwork you. As a professional assistant you are assigned four (4) attorneys. When a co-worker is out, they expect you to cover your four attorneys plus two of the assistant that is out attorneys.
Pros
Great benefits, good paid.
Cons
Tend to overwork you.
Productive and organized
Records and Imaging (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2015
The location was in center city Philadelphia PA, the view from my cubical was amazing. Everyday i would wake up at 7am to eat breakfast and get ready in order to catch the bus to work everyday at 8am in order to get to work on time. I would clock in, greet my coworkers and start my world day. I would grab a box of files and begin to archive them into the computer system, print the labels, then place them in boxes once again. The work environment is very nice and my coworkers are very welcoming.
Legal Secretary - Productive and busy working environment
Legal Secretary, Commercial Litigation (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a team of professionals, striving to exceed clients' expectations. The company's internal resources is a plus. You can obtain an answer for any job related issue. The company also offers training tools that promotes work efficiency.
quiet
Legal Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2014
Quiet atmosphere, great supervisor, great location, was allowed to quietly listen to music.
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
No Breaks, Heavy Boxes
File clerk
Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 22, 2014
Created files for attorneys and updated box files. Wasnt under a constant supervision.
Professional and supportive office.
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 14, 2014
Supervising attorneys were supportive and engaging. The attorneys also has high expectations of law clerks, which meant law clerks could exercise discretion on how and when to complete assigned projects. Feedback on submitted assignments was always constructive and meant to improve future work.
Prepare legal documents
Patent Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2014
Prepare legal documents for partner, counsel and attorneys. Work at balancing the needs of attorneys, clients and staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BLANK ROME, LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9