BLANK ROME, LLP Employee Reviews in United States

It is one of the leading law firms in DC
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2016
I had for the most part great attorneys to work with. My co-workers made working at Blank Rome very enjoyable. They are a very caring group of people. My cube roommate made me laugh everyday.
Pros
7 minute rule, DC traffic
Cons
The co-workers make Blank Rome.
Was great while it lasted
Real Estate Lending Specialist/Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2016
I believe that working here gave me the opportunity to learn about the Lender's side of things. I learned how to draft loan documents and how to really format documents.
I really loved working there!
IP Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 9, 2015
I was hired as a contract employee doing new client intake for new IP attorney joining the firm. I loved the friendly atmosphere, and the people I worked with were the greatest. I also had the opportunity to use my skills in other areas of IP law. I felt valued and respected. I would go back as a permanent employee in a heartbeat!
Pros
Terrific people, great working environment
Cons
Not the best commute, but flexible working hours and reasonable parking made up for it
High Energy Law Firm
Real Estate Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2015
Great Place to Work; Very Professional Environment
Highly Education Employees
Challenging Job/Fast Pace
Bonuses

Caring Environment
Great On the Job Training
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Big
A great firm with benefits, unfortunately, I got caught in a firmwide layoff.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2015
The only negative is that the team work effect, is unrealistic. They tend to overwork you. As a professional assistant you are assigned four (4) attorneys. When a co-worker is out, they expect you to cover your four attorneys plus two of the assistant that is out attorneys.
Pros
Great benefits, good paid.
Cons
Tend to overwork you.
Productive and organized
Records and Imaging (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2015
The location was in center city Philadelphia PA, the view from my cubical was amazing. Everyday i would wake up at 7am to eat breakfast and get ready in order to catch the bus to work everyday at 8am in order to get to work on time. I would clock in, greet my coworkers and start my world day. I would grab a box of files and begin to archive them into the computer system, print the labels, then place them in boxes once again. The work environment is very nice and my coworkers are very welcoming.
Legal Secretary - Productive and busy working environment
Legal Secretary, Commercial Litigation (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a team of professionals, striving to exceed clients' expectations. The company's internal resources is a plus. You can obtain an answer for any job related issue. The company also offers training tools that promotes work efficiency.
quiet
Legal Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2014
Quiet atmosphere, great supervisor, great location, was allowed to quietly listen to music.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
no breaks, heavy boxes
File clerk
Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 22, 2014
Created files for attorneys and updated box files. Wasnt under a constant supervision.
Professional and supportive office.
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 14, 2014
Supervising attorneys were supportive and engaging. The attorneys also has high expectations of law clerks, which meant law clerks could exercise discretion on how and when to complete assigned projects. Feedback on submitted assignments was always constructive and meant to improve future work.
Prepare legal documents
Patent Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2014
Prepare legal documents for partner, counsel and attorneys. Work at balancing the needs of attorneys, clients and staff.
fun workplace
Legal Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2014
A professional atmosphere; great people to work with. My work days went so fast due to the fact that I was always busy.
Pros
great location
Cons
lunches are too short
Productive work place
FINANCIAL SYSTEMS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2014
A typical work day is coming in at 7 am and begin processing cost loads. Sending weekly reports to upper management; Solving 3E issues within our department; Updating documents, etc.; Assisting the Cash Receipts department with processing payments, etc.

I learned how to troubleshoot and assist with all Elite 3E issues; use Billback to load and monitor all cost loads and Billback terminals, etc

The hardest part of the job is when the system goes down and we are unable to perform our jobs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working together with my co-workers as a team to complete the tasks that are set before us on a daily basis.
Pros
bonuses at the end of the fiscal year
Cons
healthcare
Productive Workplace; Great Opprotunities for Advancement
Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2014
I learned a lot at Blank Rome. I appreciate the opportunities I had working for them
Pros
great co workers
Cons
low pay
Worst place to work
specialist (Former Employee) –  NJMarch 14, 2014
Try somewhere else, its a torture chamber. Favoritism to other employees and no job security.
Change is needed
Staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, paSeptember 6, 2013
You can do nothing here all day and never get fired. There is so much dead weight in this law firm. People collect pay checks and put in for a lot of over time and don't even work. They sit on the Internet all day long. Management will never do or say anything to them. And they know this. Now that jobs are being outsourced left and right thanks to the ones who cheated the company. Good, hard workers will be out of jobs. Blank Rome should look to restructure (get rid of the dead weight) make Hours 9-5 or 10-6 ( to save money) and keep more things in house. They use to have a wonderful name and treat their employees with respect. Now it's a cut throat firm. They don't ever recognize staff as other competitor firms do. Things are never communicated well. Staff is always left in the dark. And favoritism is all over this firm.
Cons
no communication from management to staff
Running Day to Day operations of the NY records department
Records Department Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2013
On boarding of new attorney lateral hires
Trouble shoot all records department related problems.
Pros
i've collegial enviorment in my department
Cons
health care costs are very high
ok
Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2013
Most days at Blank Rome are fast-paced and challenging and, for the most part, you leave the office feeling a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
great lawyers
Cons
like to outsource departments
Productive working place
Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2013
Gathering files, filing, scanning, faxing, drafting letters.
I learned alot during the past 12 years.
The legal industries changes frequently
Records Department / Resource Asst. Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2013
My experience working with this company has been one that I will never forget