Blatteis Realty Co., Inc.("BRC"), founded in 1922, was the first San Francisco real estate firm to specialize in retail leasing and brokerage. Under the guidance of founding partners Samuel Blatteis and Lou H. Hymans, the firm prospered and grew to dominate retail leasing activity in the Western United States.
By 1932, under the sole ownership of Samuel Blatteis, BRC had become a retail brokerage specialist and leading representative of major national chain store retailers. In response to the economic climate of the Great Depression, Blatteis introduced to the West Coast what is now commonly known as the percentage lease, thus enabling retail rental values to be determined equitably during times when retail merchants were unable to reasonably project their ability to meet fixed rental obligations. Percentage leases continue as the accepted standard in the retail industry today, allowing landlords to appropriately share in the financial success of their tenants.
The 1950's and 1960's represented a time of growth for BRC into other areas of the retail brokerage business. Expansion of the company's relationships with major national chain tenants continued and was accompanied by entry into the commercial property management field, as well as retail center development.
Beginning in the mid-1970's, control of the firm transferred to David Blatteis and Jonathan Blatteis.
Home | Retail Sites for Lease | Office Sites for Lease | Investment/Misc. – less – More from ZoomInfo »