Blattner Energy, Inc. Employee Reviews

amazing place to work at
Operator (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 7, 2017
I loved working for them and everyone there. I might a lot of really hard working people who became future work contacts and the management has safety as priority 1.
Great pay
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Avon, MNDecember 5, 2017
Management can improve, but the money is good. Fast paced work makes the day go by fast. there is absolutely no work and home life balance and u usually work holidays
productive and fun work place
Solar Panel Installer (Former Employee) –  Sumrall, MSDecember 5, 2017
a typical day would be going out to the field and working in the trenches with my co workers trying to get the solar panels up as fast as possible. the hardest part about the job is being laid off.
Pros
great pay
Cons
lay off
Productive u
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Melrose, FLDecember 5, 2017
Nice place to work a great group of people to work with and I learned a lot while working her.i wish the pay was better.but an overall great company..
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
Low pay
this is a great job if you like long hours 6 to 7 days a week !!!
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  New HampshireDecember 2, 2017
You day starts out at 6 or 7 depending on the foremen and on how fast thy need to complete job . first you fave a safety meeting and then a meeting with your foremen then you go to work .for me that means operating . Bring a lunch because most soler farm job`s you cant leave for lunch but you do get 1/2 hour for lunch . Then you work
til 6 PM and call it a day just to get up and do it a gen.
Pros
good pay and a daily perdeom
Cons
no benefits, no v k pay, and if you have to leave you mite not get back to work
Good work environment, just certain employees and/or foreman who make the job difficult.
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  New Sharon, IADecember 1, 2017
I liked the work, but the management needs some better detail on recognizing employees on their work efforts rather than who their good buddy is. I have had a lot of great memories through this company, traveled many places and met some great people who in turn trained me well to be a better operator not just on one but many machines. But you will also experience some downsides to the job as far as poor leadership and sportsmanship qualities under others..
Pros
Some jobs are close to home
Cons
Some jobs are way out from home
There are a lot of hours and unrealistic work load
field construction coordinator (Current Employee) –  Avon, MNNovember 30, 2017
Expect to work at least 6 days a week with at least 10 hours per day. Very little training or help getting better at your position. You show up and learn on the go. You will be expected to do the job of 2 or 3 people.
A good start for those wanting to work in the solar industry
Installer (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLNovember 29, 2017
Blattner was my first solar job, i enjoyed my time with the company and met a lot of awesome people during my time with the company. honestly would consider going back.
Pros
good start out pay.
Cons
the weather can be your enemy.
Fast pace work good company to work with
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sumrall, MSNovember 29, 2017
I really liked the fact that they put family first. They have good pay with good hours. I like to work for this company some more. I am willing to relocate with this company and that is hard to say cause I have kids but I’m willing to make that sacrifice cause it’s a good company for my family.
Pros
Good hours and pay
Cons
Missed family time
Fast pace zone but crew is always willing to teach you more if interested
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Blythe, CANovember 24, 2017
Get to meet different people from different job sites and companies given the opportunity to travel and relocate jobsites can advance your job skills the company most of all did not allow any type of harassment they treating us female workers with equal respect they provided water bottles anything to accommodate us to be able to work thru a hot 118' degree day
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
On hot summer days short breaks
busy and proffesional place to work
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 20, 2017
I had a great time working for Blattner energy. they treat al employs with respect and care highly about there safty. Thia is a very good company to work for.
Pros
proffesional, safe
Cons
cant think of any
best job
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 10, 2017
this is a very good place to work for, they train you for any task that they give you and pay top dollar for your work. very safe and very motivational staff
Great experience
Site Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Avon, MNNovember 6, 2017
Working for Blattner Energy has honestly been a rewarding opportunity for the most part. The people and the benefits are great, but the starting pay for salary employees could be a little bit more competitive for experienced new hires.
Pros
Benefits, Management, Growth opportunity, and paid travel home
Work
Electrical Laborer (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 4, 2017
The job is what you make of it. Easy work, really laid back. As long as you can keep busy even in slow times your job is secure. Another thing is that with so much time to wast you have to pay attention to detail and be very careful as you are working with voltages so any mess up any not reporting it usually grounds for termination.
Pros
good hours god pay
Cons
no paid time off
fast pace
top out (Former Employee) –  Avon, MNNovember 2, 2017
lots of work, and long hours. vary safe field to work in. i would recommend this company to friends as well.flexible with time off and family emergencies.
Pros
good money long hours
Cons
no cons
Awful
Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 31, 2017
One of the worst places I've worked due to discrimination, harassment, and job placement entirely based on who you know or what you can do for someone. Awful.
Good Work
Installer Crew lead (Former Employee) –  Oakland, ALOctober 24, 2017
I Enjoyed working at Blatne in North Alabama.. I felt that they as for a fair days work for a fair days pay. It was very physically demanding however I knew that upon taking the job. They encouraged safety in the work place and wanted a fair day work for a fair days pay. I would consider working for them at a different loction.
Long hours, demanding clients and poor Managers
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon, MNOctober 18, 2017
the position would demand 80-90 hours every week, the culture has changed to where it was no longer a good place to work. the culture shift resulted in many people leaving and the people that have stayed have to watch their backs.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 16, 2017
Great place to work nice environment awesome managers easy to learn training in good teaches teach well good pay nice benefit easy going people hard work
Great company to work for
Apprentice Lineman (Former Employee) –  Avon, MNSeptember 24, 2017
Great company to work for. I really enjoyed my time working for Blattner & under different circumstances would more than likely still be working with Blattner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blattner Energy, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.