Bleacher Report Employee Reviews in United States

Great to be a part of
Featured Columnist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2016
Bleacher Report is an excellent website and it's a great feeling to be part of the team. It's tough to make a full-time job out of it, if not impossible, and the assignments and publishing deadlines can be pretty demanding.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Limited pay
How long can we live for this?
On-Air Graphics Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
Cons include a vast array of dishonesty, an imbalance of power & pay rate, and an overall mess when it comes to management and direction. Their is no sense of balance between the management and the staff doing the work. Because of this there is a lot of deception given to the employees, and with the deception comes lies and abuse. A lot of the misdirection by the management comes primarily by the poor choice in s…
Pros
Pros for those who love tourture
Cons
Just not a good idea
Jay Clemons
Lead Fantasy Writer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 11, 2015
An excellent remote-work environment. In fact, I would be open to returning to Bleacher Report -- given my strong relationship with managing editor Mark Smoyer.
Bleacher Report
Intern (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 24, 2015
The internship was a solid way to get experience writing in sports. The position allows you to write across all areas of sports and the internship allows a person to take control of what they want to write about.
Freedom to create and produce content, tough to advance
Featured Columnist (Former Employee) –  At HomeMay 19, 2015
Bleacher Report gave me a chance to really hone my writing skills in the field of sports, and the creativity to produce my own content with my own opinions. However, I did not feel that I would have the chance to make a comfortable living in the foreseeable future even after regular writing over the course of three years, so I decided to make a chance.
Pros
Creativity, large audience, editors
Cons
Ability to grow within the company
good
production assistant (Current Employee) –  NYCMarch 24, 2015
i like it, fun place and good people to work with. The work is good and I feel that i am contributing to the company. Good hours and great location also.
Great Start-Up Culture in a Unique Environment
Featured Columnist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 12, 2015
Bleacher Report does a great job conveying sports coverage in a new way. Contributors are given the chance to offer their insight on a number of sports topics.

Excellent writers are given the chance to advance.
Pros
anyone can apply to write as long as they have the skills.
Cons
hard to advance within the company.
Great training program for an ascending company
Featured Columnist (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAAugust 12, 2014
I worked my way up from their advanced writer program to become a Featured Columnist and they are very detail-oriented and do a great job of keeping up on their writers' works and always help them find ways to improve.
Good exposure, you're taken advantage of
Senior Sports Analyst (Former Employee) –  InternetMay 27, 2014
I worked there for several years, and it was very grueling and not enjoyable. The only real perks to working at B/R is the worldwide exposure your articles get, which is why I remained there as long as I did. However, I did not receive a lick of financial compensation. I was also "let go" in 2012 because of inactivity, despite letting a management member know I would be taking extra time due to mental trauma after the Boston Marathon bombings in 2012. Clearly they are not the most understanding human beings, especially seeing as they never paid me to begin with. Only a small percentage of writers are paid, but only if you post an unfair amount of articles per week. Very unreasonable. Very corrupt. All it served as was a foot in the door.
Pros
worldwide exposure
Cons
no pay, despicable management
Good opportunity. Terrible people
Breaking News Writer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 22, 2014
A great platform, but there is undue stress and a bad habit of passing the buck.
Motivated, Young Work Environment
Team Stream Programmer Intern (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2014
Great work environment with lots of young people are are motivated and want to grow the company to be the leaders in sports information.
Good place to work if you want a fun, sports-related web-based atmosphere.
WRITER/PRODUCER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Bleacher Report is an up and coming sports website with joint branding now through Turner Broadcasting.

Their NYC video department is nearing its second full year of operation and provides the website with fun and unique programs that generate interest in the site and clicks for the advertisers.
It's ok
National College Football Recruiting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesJune 9, 2013
It has it's advantages, be it is a work from home job. The pay is ok and the schedule is flexible.
Great job!
Featured Columnist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 29, 2013
They are very flexible with your schedule. Great exposure.
Bleacher Report is an Excellent Company
Featured Columnist (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTDecember 19, 2012
My typical work schedule is my own. I write at my own pace, so long as I get my articles in on time. Management is committed to working with me to help in any way they can, but sometimes can be inconsistent in application of small rules.

The hardest part of the job is doing the work with out pay. It's an unpaid internship position that can lead to a paid job. The best part of the job is getting to work from home and make my own hours.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
unpaid- for now
Write for No Pay While B/R Makes $$
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 4, 2012
You write free columns that are edited by college students who will put more errors into your work. There is no humor, and there is a great deal of patronizing. They seem friendly, but you are a number. Successful people are already in place and they aren't moving.

They are against free speech and are never grateful no matter how much you do.
Pros
you may win a "medal" is you write endless columns.
Cons
they take your talent and ideas and provide "medals."
Bleacher Report
FEATURED COLUMNIST (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 16, 2012
Great company with a wonderful management team. I get to write about sports while getting a large platform to share my views on what is going on around the sporting world.
If you love sports, it's for you.
Web Sports Writer (Current Employee) –  CAMay 4, 2012
Write about sports directly appealing to you.
Write as many articles as you like.
Pros
time
Difficult Work Envoironment With Poor Communication
Columnist (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJanuary 17, 2012
Working from home for a company as demanding as Bleacher Report is difficult. The hours are long. The managers dole out little information and the pay is poor.
Pros
working from home
Cons
job security, hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bleacher Report. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3