Blendtec Employee Reviews in United States

Great for supporting continous improvements
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 10, 2015
Blendtec focuses on developing their people and supporting continuous improvement ideas. Leaders are developed from within in order to better support their organizational growth.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Expectations are not consistant amongst ALL employees
Blendtec - Great work environment
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 2, 2015
Blendtec was a great place to work. The engineering managers expected the most out of you, but also were human beings that didn't mind letting their hair down and having a good laugh. They also knew that time with the family is important and didn't expect long overtime hours out of you.
Pros
Great managers. In-house bistro, gym, and medical clinic.
Cons
Temporarily going through bad financial times.
Worst place in the world to work
marketing dpt (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 29, 2015
First of all, I'm sure no one reading this is actually considering BT as a place to work, since they recently did another round of massive layoffs (After calling everyone together on a monday to warn of impending layoffs then waiting three days to do it...cruel) and can't afford to hire anyone anyway. That aside, this place is a mess. Financially, they can't even pay their employees or vendors (hence the layoffs). Ethically questionable behavior from many people. Management is running around like chickens with their heads cut off, and no one seems to know how to lead a company. The nepotism in this company will be its downfall. The people are put in charge not based on performance or qualification, but by last name or who they go to church with. Terrible culture, terrible leadership, terrible place to work.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Lack of job security, incompetent management, nepotism, etc, etc. etc
independent contractor/little support
independent contractor (Former Employee) –  st Louis, MOJuly 30, 2015
work 11-12 hour days; compensation is $125/day less deduction for the $1500 in equipment the contractor must purchase from Blendtec. hard word due to vast competition from less expensive blender competition; lot of resistance to pay $300 for a blender even though it has an excellent eight yr. warranty; it is a superb machine. management is literally "virtual" rather than physical. tremendous competition from more expensive better known and recognizable competitor.
Pros
excellent product
Cons
no benefits/management/communication via text; no fellow workers
At the end of the day it was $$$ that was important, not the people.
sales (Former Employee) –  IdahoJuly 22, 2015
Management was spread way too thin. The hours were horrible, almost 80 hours a week. There wasn't very good communication.
Pros
sometimes is was good money
Cons
WAY to many hours, cutthroat mentality, no urgency to fix problems with product
they dont pay on time did not reimburse all of my money when i left.
Demonstration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2015
Poor. I left with them owing me hundreds of Dollars...not reimbursed for product. Accounting and company run around.poor customer service for employees and customers.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
low pay for hrs worked. they dont pay on tine if at all
Run away from this company
HAPPY TO BE GONE (Former Employee) –  UtahMay 2, 2015
They say they care for the employees. When in reality it's greed that drives them. Especially the new coo. If you disagree with him, you're done. He would rather just hire temps. So he doesn't have to give any benefits. Years ago this company had core values that made it a very good company to work for. Low pay, raises cap at 2%. This company does shady deals in order to try to keep up with the market. They claim everything is going great. Not true at all!!! They are not currently able to even pay thier venders!!!! Over 50 good people lost thier jobs recently because blendtec couldn't make payroll!!!
Run away, and do not apply here.
Pros
CLINIC
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
Great Place
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 30, 2015
Blendtec offers fantastic benefits. Along with that there is a fully staffed kitchen, workout facility, personal nutritionist, and a masseuse in the building. All in all the work-life/ experience is one worth while.
Don't do it
Worker (Former Employee) –  Orem, UtahApril 29, 2015
Talk about a stressful place to work. Executive Management is out of touch. Their CEC leadership is an industry first in how not to help a company succeed. I hated going into work each day not knowing if I will still have a job or not.
Pros
Good pay for the time you are employed
Cons
CEC team
Great product!
National Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 24, 2015
Lots of opportunity to make a difference and drive improvements.

You get what you put in in sales, promotion, and income.
Pros
Great leadership opportunities and income opportunities
Cons
Clear strategy
Lay offs too often. No job security
RMA & WFM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 2, 2015
They promoted me and then laid me and 75 others off. They kept all of their church members, friends, and neighbors working there that have no experience or knowledge of how to run a business.
Pros
Money
Cons
It doesn't last. Very political environment.
Fun easy job... BUT
ES3 Assembly (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 10, 2015
Such a fast paced job, the 'line lead' our 'team' had was a real jerk... I was hired as a temp, 150 people were laid off. I was one of them. So if they were more reliable that you wouldn't lose your job, that would be better... But overall, they take care of their employees. The christmas party was really nice and they made you feel included and appreciated.
Pros
shifts fly by, no down time for boredom
Cons
grumpy line lead w/ negative attitude
Good place to work for at the time.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 23, 2014
I had a great boss that I worked for. He was always understanding!!
Pros
great boss!
Cons
getting laid off
Productive and fun workplace
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 8, 2014
It was a nice place to work. The working conditions were fair. The restrooms were clean and the cafeteria was outstanding.
Pros
cheap lunch, good pay
Cons
was a factory job
A fast paced environment where we were given lots of room for creativity and personal growth.
Line cook for company (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 30, 2014
You are on a rotation where you are in charge of either salad bar and soups, the sandwich line, Specials for the week, or floater. You have to be very self motivated. You are given so much opportunity to be creative and make food that fits your style. The manager is awesome and really wants his staff to grow and push themselves to be the best they can be.
Pros
free lunch, great benefits, awesome coworkers, set schedule
Cons
not much room for growth inside the company
Don't get comfortable, even if you're a stellar performer
Not production (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 23, 2013
Blendtec is a tragic combination of talented individuals and arbitrary, short-sighted management.

The bottom line is that Blendtec can be a great place to work--but job security is minimal. One can have repeatedly outstanding performance reviews, receive praise for projects well done, and be recognized for moving the company forward. Then the next day you can be let go.

It's very much a "buddy system" with management. If you have a strong personal relationship with key upper management, you're safe. Otherwise, don't get too comfortable, because your loyalty and performance amount to very little in terms of your value to the company.
Pros
onsite cafeteria, onsite clinic, onsite fitness center, ping pong table
Cons
no loyalty or value for employees, arbitrary and capricious management
Company's termination rate is HIGH
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  OremNovember 15, 2013
Blendtec is going through massive restructuring and terminations. The CEO resigned in October 2013. The President was terminated last week.

The current rate of employee terminations is 10-12 per week. October 2013 termination total was 41 employees out of 250 current employees with plans to continue downsizing. Blendtec just let go of their entire customer service staff. Their reasoning is to bring in temporary staff.

Several employees have experienced a reduction in salary of up to 50%.

Blendtec could easily be a billion dollar revenue, but lack of solid management and poor forecasting has caused the company to be "reactive" not "proactive" culture.
Pros
wellness program
Cons
unstable work environment, high termination ratio
I love health and fitness and there product keeps me in line with that type of lifestyle
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 21, 2013
Great product and simple to use a child could use it...It's a one time buy...
Worst place I've ever worked
Production (Former Employee) –  Orem, UtahMay 8, 2013
Inconsistent work. Managers sit on their butt while production employees have to work themselves ragged to meet orders, or try to find things to keep them looking busy so they don't get in trouble if one of the uppers happens to walk through.

There are certain employees that have pull with uppers. If you tic off the wrong person, which isn't a hard thing to do, they'll get you fired regardless of how well you do your job.

Favoritism is rampant, If you're not a favorite you'll be the one in trouble every time. Workplace gossip is always present because they refuse to recognize who participates in it. The workplace politics that go on there are ridiculous and there's no avoiding them.

I have never worked with such despicable people in my life.

Production is a joke, don't bother applying unless you like constantly fearing for your job.
Pros
no pros outweigh what you have to deal with.
Cons
tom treats this place like his personal playground.
Relaxed, enjoyable fun place to work
Mechanical/Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 11, 2013
I generally would use solidworks every day I would check bills of materials and create engineering change orders. I would be in contact with my production lines and do assessments. I would create, update and check assembly drawings. I learned how to better design plastic parts for injection molding. I enjoyed all of my friends(co-workers) during the day. The most enjoyable part of my job was the creative free we were given when designing.
Pros
in-house workout facility, massage therapist, bistro in-house
Cons
somtimes lack of direction or urgency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blendtec. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9