Blendtec

Blendtec Employee Reviews

Great Place
Account Manager (Current Employee), Orem, UTApril 30, 2015
Blendtec offers fantastic benefits. Along with that there is a fully staffed kitchen, workout facility, personal nutritionist, and a masseuse in the building. All in all the work-life/ experience is one worth while.
Don't do it
Worker (Former Employee), Orem, UtahApril 29, 2015
Pros: Good pay for the time you are employed
Cons: CEC team
Talk about a stressful place to work. Executive Management is out of touch. Their CEC leadership is an industry first in how not to help a company succeed. I hated going into work each day not knowing if I will still have a job or not.
Great product!
National Sales Manager (Current Employee), Orem, UTApril 24, 2015
Pros: Great leadership opportunities and income opportunities
Cons: Clear strategy
Lots of opportunity to make a difference and drive improvements.

You get what you put in in sales, promotion, and income.
Lay offs too often. No job security
RMA & WFM Specialist (Former Employee), Orem, UTApril 2, 2015
Pros: Money
Cons: It doesn't last. Very political environment.
They promoted me and then laid me and 75 others off. They kept all of their church members, friends, and neighbors working there that have no experience or knowledge of how to run a business.
Fun easy job... BUT
ES3 Assembly (Former Employee), Orem, UTMarch 10, 2015
Pros: shifts fly by, no down time for boredom
Cons: grumpy line lead w/ negative attitude
Such a fast paced job, the 'line lead' our 'team' had was a real jerk... I was hired as a temp, 150 people were laid off. I was one of them. So if they were more reliable that you wouldn't lose your job, that would be better... But overall, they take care of their employees. The christmas party was really nice and they made you feel included and appreciated.
Good place to work for at the time.
Custodian (Former Employee), Orem, UTDecember 23, 2014
Pros: great boss!
Cons: getting laid off
I had a great boss that I worked for. He was always understanding!!
Productive and fun workplace
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Orem, UTNovember 8, 2014
Pros: cheap lunch, good pay
Cons: was a factory job
It was a nice place to work. The working conditions were fair. The restrooms were clean and the cafeteria was outstanding.
A fast paced environment where we were given lots of room for creativity and personal growth.
Line cook for company (Former Employee), Orem, UTAugust 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great benefits, awesome coworkers, set schedule
Cons: not much room for growth inside the company
You are on a rotation where you are in charge of either salad bar and soups, the sandwich line, Specials for the week, or floater. You have to be very self motivated. You are given so much opportunity to be creative and make food that fits your style. The manager is awesome and really wants his staff to grow and push themselves to be the best they can be.
Don't get comfortable, even if you're a stellar performer
Not production (Former Employee), Orem, UTNovember 23, 2013
Pros: onsite cafeteria, onsite clinic, onsite fitness center, ping pong table
Cons: no loyalty or value for employees, arbitrary and capricious management
Blendtec is a tragic combination of talented individuals and arbitrary, short-sighted management.

The bottom line is that Blendtec can be a great place to work--but job security is minimal. One can have repeatedly outstanding performance reviews, receive praise for projects well done, and be recognized for moving the company forward. Then the next day you can be let go.

It's very much a "buddy system" with management. If you have a strong personal relationship with key upper management, you're safe. Otherwise, don't get too comfortable, because your loyalty and performance amount to very little in terms of your value to the company.
Company's termination rate is HIGH
Human Resources (Former Employee), OremNovember 15, 2013
Pros: wellness program
Cons: unstable work environment, high termination ratio
Blendtec is going through massive restructuring and terminations. The CEO resigned in October 2013. The President was terminated last week.

The current rate of employee terminations is 10-12 per week. October 2013 termination total was 41 employees out of 250 current employees with plans to continue downsizing. Blendtec just let go of their entire customer service staff. Their reasoning is to bring in temporary staff.

Several employees have experienced a reduction in salary of up to 50%.

Blendtec could easily be a billion dollar revenue, but lack of solid management and poor forecasting has caused the company to be "reactive" not "proactive" culture.
I love health and fitness and there product keeps me in line with that type of lifestyle
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orem, UTAugust 21, 2013
Great product and simple to use a child could use it...It's a one time buy...
Worst place I've ever worked
Production (Former Employee), Orem, UtahMay 8, 2013
Pros: no pros outweigh what you have to deal with.
Cons: tom treats this place like his personal playground.
Inconsistent work. Managers sit on their butt while production employees have to work themselves ragged to meet orders, or try to find things to keep them looking busy so they don't get in trouble if one of the uppers happens to walk through.

There are certain employees that have pull with uppers. If you tic off the wrong person, which isn't a hard thing to do, they'll get you fired regardless of how well you do your job.

Favoritism is rampant, If you're not a favorite you'll be the one in trouble every time. Workplace gossip is always present because they refuse to recognize who participates in it. The workplace politics that go on there are ridiculous and there's no avoiding them.

I have never worked with such despicable people in my life.

Production is a joke, don't bother applying unless you like constantly fearing for your job.
Relaxed, enjoyable fun place to work
Mechanical/Design Engineer (Former Employee), Orem, UTApril 11, 2013
Pros: in-house workout facility, massage therapist, bistro in-house
Cons: somtimes lack of direction or urgency
I generally would use solidworks every day I would check bills of materials and create engineering change orders. I would be in contact with my production lines and do assessments. I would create, update and check assembly drawings. I learned how to better design plastic parts for injection molding. I enjoyed all of my friends(co-workers) during the day. The most enjoyable part of my job was the creative free we were given when designing.
Fun place to work
Materials Manager (Former Employee), Orem, UTApril 4, 2013
Pros: medical clinic, fitness center
Managed people
Worked with many groups
Management would listen to ideas
Co-workers were supportive
Getting all the facts to make sound decisions
Working with others
Very busy, fun work environment.
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee), Orem, UTSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: massage therapist, personal trainer
Great place to work. There are a ton of unique benefits that you wouldn't expect at a company this size (massage therapists, workout facilities, physical trainer, cafeteria, etc.). The work is demanding, but very enjoyable.
No direction
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee), Orem, UTJune 9, 2012
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: no direction, very low pay
A typical day at work was doing being told to look busy and find something to do with very little direction. To clean and move the owners furniture that he stocked piled in his business, change oil of the owners personal car, to very seldom do the job you were hired to do. Managers would do what they told you not to do.
I loved talking with people at this job and selling my product
Sales / Marketing (Former Employee), Orem, UTMay 25, 2012
I would still be with this company but they were under cutting the sales reps:(
Fun Job
Field Sales Rep (Former Employee), Pacific Northwest CostcosMay 23, 2012
Pros: high earning potential
Cons: long hours
If you like talking in front of people this job offers a great opportunity to connect with people and sell a great product. Demonstrating the Blendtec blender in Costco stores was a fun job.

Blendtec Salaries