Blessing Health System Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILJuly 22, 2017
Overall good place to work would have liked more pay for the amount of work done but they are still working out some kinks. Benefits are great and free gym membership.
Feel valued as an employee
Remote Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 7, 2017
I enjoy my job with Blessing Hospital. My supervisor made it possible for me to be a remote CDI employee and that has greatly benefited me and my family.
Patient care asst. (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 15, 2017
Staff and patients are all wonderful. I never had any issue with the company. They were always employee and patient oriented and all was straightforward.
Pros
Excellent work environment
A growing environment
EVS Tech housekeeping and laundry (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 8, 2017
A good place to work and go to school. They have expanded the hospital to make more room and will be building a new kitchen soon. Plus a new college of nursing too.
Average
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  10th StreetJanuary 24, 2017
Good benefits... horrible management. Wouldn't accommodate me to go back to school. Fired me for going above managers head with an open door policy.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
very clean
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILDecember 26, 2016
this is one of the best hospitals in western central illinois and i loved every minute of it always a new experience i would `o back in a heart beat
Excellent Hospital
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILNovember 27, 2016
I enjoyed working at the hospital, because of the positive attitude the place had every day. I think they go out of their ways to help people with all of their medical needs.
Love my co- workers and surgeons
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 20, 2016
This was a great learning experience for me. I worked with some of the best staff. This hospital is a level 2. Which is great for the surrounding areas of quincy.
Nice place to work
Pharmacy Resident (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 31, 2016
Everyone is the hospital is very nice. That's a pleasure to work here. You are supported by your colleagues all the time.
Pros
core health, insurance plans
Great place to work and great benefits
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, ILMay 20, 2016
I like that I can do 12 hour shift and only work 3 days a week and still be full time - and can do my days all in a row. I don't have to take vacation time very often with a 3 12 schedule and that to me is a huge plus; because I can do a ETO sell back at the end of the year and get extra$ for my vac days I don't take. Its really clean; coworkers are helpful and friendly. Great place!
Pros
great benefits from Blessing but small hospital
Cons
wish the dining room was open 24 hours
5 years and going strong
Manager (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 1, 2016
I think a lot depends on what department you work for. I've had 3 promotions throughout my 5 years and have been given ample opportunities to learn and advance my education even more. Overall, it is a great company to work for as long as you don't get caught up in the workplace drama.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Great co-workers
Telemetry Technician/ Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILApril 6, 2016
I loved working at the hospital; my co-workers and patients have made my experience a memory that will stay with me forever.
Pros
Paid Time off
Cons
Untrusting management
blessing hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 16, 2016
The work enviment was a great one . always looking for the patient safty great to work for . They are really good with working with you and your family .
Best Place to Work
Human Resources Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILFebruary 19, 2016
Solid employer that creates an environment to help the employee reach excellence in their position. The programs, services, and benefits offered are top notch. Blessing does what it can to retain and recruit the highest of performers.
Fun place to work loved the patients
PCA (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 8, 2016
Overall, good environment to work in! Steady paced job with decent benefits! I definitely enjoyed the patients and I had an awesome Manager!
Pros
Discounts at restraunts
Cons
Not enough PTO
A typical day at work was usually busy but love it. I enjoyed all my coworkers i worked with. We treated each other like family.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILNovember 2, 2015
Enjoyed working with my coworkers. I enjoyed working closely with doctors. At time we were slow but not very often. Loved the fast past of things, makes the day go by fast.
don't waste your time
rn (Current Employee) –  illiniAugust 21, 2015
Management is too involved in the koolaid they drink about their satisfaction reviews but they don't act on things to really improve care. They could care less about their employees. Advancement only occurs if you are related to management. Illini in Pittsfield is the worst. Totally about who you know and are related to not your skill set. Their census is averaging about 4. Yes. Four inpatients. Nurses sitting around doing nothing. Management always doing nothing. They overwork the middle management supervisors without adequate compensation. On call without call pay. 24/7. Staff turn each other in for ridiculous infractions. Lots of drama and back stabbing. Lots of high sounding missions but no follow through. Its all fake. The only thing real is when the employees gossip about who they got in trouble and who they got fired. Sad. I'm looking for another job but I needed to get through the new grad time so I could leave.
Pros
some education offered. they have insurance
Cons
poor stressful work environment, no management support, no peer group support, low compensation/ wages.
terrible place to work--Illini Community hospital
nursing care supervisor (Former Employee) –  pittsfield, illinoisAugust 21, 2015
This environment is run according to who a person is related to or friends with the management. They routinely cleanse their middle management at about 4 years seniority. The health care given is poor and the hospital is routinely called "lie n die" in the county. Pay is substandard for comparable positions but staff are told it has been reviewed and is equal to regional positions. The focus is on the appearance of good care and what is perceived not the truth of the situation. They are also quite typically 15-20years behind current hospital practices--small poor county that is rather isolated.
Pros
if you live local it saves you a drive obviously
Average work environment
Lead Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 24, 2015
As with any employer, there are many good things and many areas for improvement. There are a lot of great people there who care about their patients tremendously.
Horrible place to work
pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  quincyMay 31, 2015
This hospital is very dirty, horrible smells on every floor. Witnessed a lot of violations, management is nearly non existent. Absolutely no communication, no chance for advancement. There are procedures in place, but no one including supervisors follow them. I will never go as a patient, witnessed to many horrible things.
Pros
Medical if you only go to blessing physicians.
Cons
management, training, follow thru, basically everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blessing Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Blessing Health System Reviews by Location