Blick Clinic Employee Reviews

Dirty group homes and Low pay
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 18, 2017
I guess this job is ok if you don't mind working in a filthy home. The clients are nice and sometimes there is the opportunity to do fun things with them. Most of them are bored to death because most of the staff is lazy and doesn't take them anywhere. Cook, clean, help the clients out, that is about it. Management is never around and if they do they only come for a little while and seem to be stoned or thinking about something else. Pay is very low. This is suppose to be full time shifts with benefits and paid time off, but I never met someone who had one.
Pros
clients are nice
Cons
low pay, no advancement, no help from supervisors
It's a excellent work place to be apart of
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Akron, UTAugust 6, 2017
Blick is a excellent company they will make sure your comfortable with the house you are working at they pay good and is excellent with there staff they have
a job
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 27, 2017
assisted living for individuals developmental disabilities, which was ok. but some homes were dirty, LAZY staff, management was a joke, pay sucked, no room for advancement
Pros
some sit down time, gain relationships with some residents
Cons
everything else
Look elsewhere
Day Program Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 6, 2017
There is no advancement in the company. A lot of politics within management. Workers are under paid and the organization within the company is dysfunctional.
Great place to work!
Residential Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 26, 2017
Love working with the clients. Blick is very supportive of doing fun activities with clients so the job is as fun as you want to make it. Starting pay is pretty good too.
Pros
Great experience!
Big on team work
Developmental Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 11, 2017
Company is very big on teamwork. There was never a day that employees felt that help was unavailable. Good company to learn and grow in.
Over worked for little pay
Residential Support Staff (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 21, 2016
Workers are over worked for little pay, this company can be unorganized most times, lots of things are unfair, they bring in clients to homes that sometimes do not fit their type of functioning (putting a high behavioral functioning client in a house with clients who are in a wheelchair/blind/immobile)
Pros
Works good with school schedule or if you have another job
Cons
No breaks, can't leave if you're on the clock, can't eat their food, and not allowed to use the company van to get food, little pay, bad attitudes from management
Great place to work with MRDD clients
Residential Staff (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 1, 2016
Working with MRDD clients to help provide and improve daily living and help with daily needs, great people to work with and fun holiday events for the staff and clients alike.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
No breaks
Great Field Experience
Education Aide/Day Program Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 16, 2016
This job has taught me so much about people with developmental disabilities. I have been able to work with adults and kids and have been treated very well. Great schedule as well.
Very Observant
Residential Service Support (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 7, 2015
I liked working for Blick Clinic. I learned how to work with the MRDD they were adults with high an mild behaviors. It was fun some days an very difficult days also, its a process learning all the behaviors but when you have team work it can be a wonderful thing especially when you have a behavior that require a 2 person assist. I also learned about a lot of different meds.
Room for advancement
Senior Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 20, 2015
During my scope of employment with Blick Clinic I learned the importance of patience. Blick Clinic is a facility that specializes in the treatment, housing, and well being of individuals with mental disabled. Patience is the most important in tis field as you determine how the day will go. Clients seem to "feed" off of the attitude that you bring. After proving myself to the House Manager that I can handle any challenge placed before, I as quickly promoted to AHM after five months of employment.
Pros
Seeing my clients happy
Cons
Treatment to clients from other staff
did not fit me
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 19, 2015
this job was very draining . i was always on my feet and by the end of my shift i was completely drained . i simply did not enjoy working here because it just did not fit me. great co workers
Great place to work, Low stress & Flexible management
Day Programs Nurse (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 4, 2015
This is like being at summer camp every day. Interaction with clients, participating in activities, etc. Being the nurse here is like being a school nurse, where you are present in case of an emergency.
Pros
Great schedule, no weekends or holidays
Cons
salary, liabilities w/clientele
productive
Resident Assistant, Help and assist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 17, 2015
Great place to work because they help you advance to a career and always pushed me to be the best employee I could be. Also it was a great place to work because I got to help someone on a day to day basis.
Excellent training
Respite care giver (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoyed learning about Client Rights for the MMRD clients. Knowing the boundaries legally when working with these clients was necessary for their treatment plans. I was impressed with the many inservices they gave- for free- so that we could be CPR and First Aid certified. We were given training for Universal Precautions and how to fill out paper work if our clients had an accident or fall. We kept track of our clients' progress while escorting them out of their caregiver's home for their weekly time out. I usually had 5 to 10 hours a week with 2 clients. We would attend movies or appropriate seasonal parties held by Weaver School staff. We also could engage our clients with fun outings they were interested in attending, or for exercise. These hours our clients had out correlated with their caregivers plans , so caregivers could take some time out of their own to relax . It was challenging with some of the clients who couldn't talk, or had behavioral issues. It was a very interesting job.
Pros
Learning more about MMRD and Client's rights, treatment plans
Cons
Behavior issues encountered at times when on an outing with client.
productive
Assistant Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 4, 2015
A typical at work for me would consist of activities with residents cleaning cooking hygiene and helping residents/staff if needed. along the way I've learned the residents point of view on things that they do. The management that I'm under is great she listens and gets the job done. My co-workers are great, we have good communication with one another and always helping one another. our team work is at a good standing. When I first started the hardest thing for me was actually understanding the residents. I would say my most enjoyable part of my job would be actually caring for the residents and seeing the smile on their faces while being out in the community and enjoying themselves.
Pros
great beneifits
hands on patient and willing to teach at work
Residential Staff (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 21, 2014
assisting clients in everyday funtions, cooking,washing, recording med documentations, I enjoy seeing my clients theyve become like family, hardest is trying to break them of the habits that they dont know arent right, i enjoy being able to teach them.
Bad Ethics
Group Home Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 4, 2014
Poor management who was for the dollar versus providing exceptional services to the individuals served. Typical company "politics", either you are in the "in" crowd or outside looking in.
Pros
Working with the individuals with disabilities
Cons
Young irresponsible workforce, poor management, no room for advancement.
Fun and Humbling
Residential Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 6, 2014
I joined Blick clinic to give me a chance to care for someone else other than myself and it has been a humbling experience. I actually love this job but I need to move on because of the pay wage not being enough.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Low pay wage
RSS/Float (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 4, 2014
Overall these individuals are loving and fun to work with. I would not trade a lot of my experiences for nothing in the world.
Pros
I get to interact with different individuals
Cons
Healthcare benefits