blind Employee Reviews

Perfect work environment for masochists.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 22, 2017
One of the worst places I've ever worked. If you like being degraded by not only management, but your coworkers on a daily basis while being passed over by someone's incompetent relative or an unscrupulous brown noser, then that's the place for you! I wouldn't suggest my worst enemy work there, or maybe I would. It's really that bad. People have died from the working conditions there, and OSHA refused to do anything about it. They should erect a memory wall for all the people who died from the complications from so many occupational hazards. The CEO who was a decent guy, with his hands tied and a slave to the board members, who were the real power there. Even HE hated that place. He left for a much better job about a month before I finally left.
Pros
At least you get a paycheck every 2 weeks.
Cons
Abuse at every turn. From management and coworkers.
Production (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 21, 2017
Production :Fast paced work enviornment
Worked with many people many walks of life
The hardest part of my job was loading appliances and furniture
I enjoyed meeting new people and the regular custmers
Pros
dicounts
Cons
no benifits
Guide dogs for the blind
SAN RAFAEL GUIDE DOGS (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJuly 19, 2017
Guide dogs for the blind is located in San Rafael, CA. As a dog trainer, I received an approximately 8 week old puppy , and then raised it according to their behavioral guidelines for 14 months. I attended regular training meetings with other local pup raisers.
working with children, helping them
volunteer (Former Employee) –  18542 Vanderlip Ave B, Santa Ana, CA, 92705June 30, 2017
I was a teacher in my country (Iran) in blind children's elementary school for seventeen years (ages 6-12). After Immigration, I worked
in the blind center for 6 months . I am currently a student at Irvine Valley College who has passed 30 units of the "Child Development" major. I am looking for the job where I can enjoy working with children again.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
Excellent Clients and a great job for a multi tasker!
Programs Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCAugust 25, 2015
As one of two paid employees, a typical day includes wearing many hats. Anticipating what needs to happen or to be taken care of before the situation arises is a big part of my day. To manage all that needs to be done, I have learned it pays to be early, organized and aware of what needs to be done in every aspect of the business, and to prioritize its importance for the day. The hardest part of my job is when I need to be several different people at one time, for instance- instructor to the clients while supervising Community service and customers wanting to buy goods out of our shop while cooking lunch and setting up for the afternoon program after the room has been rented! The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the changes in the clients when great things happen for themselves through learning, the center selling goods or the intrinsic feelings from having a purpose and are needed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks 5 minute lunch always ON
Interesting place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 1, 2015
A large variety and diverse group of people working together. From race, culture to people with disabilities. I was able to add to my customer service skills and help others accomplish this as well.
fun and loving
Front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 25, 2015
it was unexpected, fun, and new. to help the blind and more. the managers are awesome. the co-workers are great. seeing the patient sad and talking about their experience with blindness. seeing them happy and dance Friday.
Pros
sweet people, and they are selfless
Cons
going home after an awesome day
Daily Acitivity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 19, 2014
Every day I made coffee and setup breakfast items. I made sure shelves were cleaned and stocked properly; Made sure no products were expired. I ordered all products and kept up with any promotions and displays.

I made sure all reports were posted correctly before faxing to coprporate office. I made bank runs for company with daily deposits.

I enjoyed working with this company because the enviromment working with the blind help me to appreciate their professional work enviroment and ethics, .
Pros
it is a rewarding opportunity and it was a opportunity to work with the goverment employees.
Cons
You have to do all manual work
Learning Experience
Home Health LPN (Former Employee) –  Auburn,AlDecember 8, 2013
I enjoyed Home Health Nursing, it was rewarding and challenging to see all the things that this family conquered through. I enjoyed working one on one and learned a broad spectrum of things from mental health to Dialysis to strokes to transplants. Amazing family.
Pros
Alot of Learning experience.
Cons
You get really attached on a one on one basis.
Great workplace with honorable mission
Guide Dogs (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CASeptember 5, 2013
Guide Dogs for the Blind provides training and guide dogs to qualified blind and visually impaired persons.

The benefits were generous, workplace pleasant and co workers friendly and professional.

The most enjoyable part of the work was interaction with a high caliber workforce and wonderful clients from the US and Canada.

The hardest part of the job was a major layoff in which my osition was eliminated.
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Departments downsized to eliminate positions-inevitable in this economy but unfortunate.

Want to know more about blind?

Ask a question
first job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 30, 2012
tutoring for the blind. i taught an undergrad math and computer science student who was blind, using a screen reader software.
dept of rehab was good.