blind Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 1, 2015
A large variety and diverse group of people working together. From race, culture to people with disabilities. I was able to add to my customer service skills and help others accomplish this as well.
fun and loving
Front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 25, 2015
it was unexpected, fun, and new. to help the blind and more. the managers are awesome. the co-workers are great. seeing the patient sad and talking about their experience with blindness. seeing them happy and dance Friday.
Pros
sweet people, and they are selfless
Cons
going home after an awesome day
Daily Acitivity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 19, 2014
Every day I made coffee and setup breakfast items. I made sure shelves were cleaned and stocked properly; Made sure no products were expired. I ordered all products and kept up with any promotions and displays.

I made sure all reports were posted correctly before faxing to coprporate office. I made bank runs for company with daily deposits.

I enjoyed working with this company because the enviromment working with the blind help me to appreciate their professional work enviroment and ethics, .
Pros
it is a rewarding opportunity and it was a opportunity to work with the goverment employees.
Cons
You have to do all manual work
Learning Experience
Home Health LPN (Former Employee) –  Auburn,AlDecember 8, 2013
I enjoyed Home Health Nursing, it was rewarding and challenging to see all the things that this family conquered through. I enjoyed working one on one and learned a broad spectrum of things from mental health to Dialysis to strokes to transplants. Amazing family.
Pros
Alot of Learning experience.
Cons
You get really attached on a one on one basis.
Great workplace with honorable mission
Guide Dogs (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CASeptember 5, 2013
Guide Dogs for the Blind provides training and guide dogs to qualified blind and visually impaired persons.

The benefits were generous, workplace pleasant and co workers friendly and professional.

The most enjoyable part of the work was interaction with a high caliber workforce and wonderful clients from the US and Canada.

The hardest part of the job was a major layoff in which my osition was eliminated.
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Departments downsized to eliminate positions-inevitable in this economy but unfortunate.
first job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 30, 2012
tutoring for the blind. i taught an undergrad math and computer science student who was blind, using a screen reader software.
dept of rehab was good.