Blink Fitness Employee Reviews

Fun and uplifting environment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 4, 2017
Staff and other employees are very friendly and always in a great mood. Learned how to manage my time and schedule sessions effectively and efficiently. Management is very helpful in seeking solutions to any type of problems. The hardest part about the job is making sales and getting members to work with me in only 30 minute orientation. The most enjoyable is working with clients and watching them progress and grow exercise into their regular life.
Blinkfitness is a good job/no worries here.
Front Desk Associate/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  116th streetJune 27, 2017
I love working at Blinkfitness...its a great company.when I first started working at blink I felt like it was hard but only cause I had no experience...but now I'm on it and has everything down packed...blink is a great company and from working there I've lost 52 pounds..
Pros
No we buy or own lunch.
Cons
We get 1/2 hours or Hour breaks..depend on how many hours we get.
Good beginners gym
Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodside, NYJune 25, 2017
Blink Fitness is a great place to learn the the retail aspects of gym management. Customer feedback is #1 priority. Company is growing fast, leaving a lot of opportunities for growth
Pros
Company softball
Cons
Micromanaging, SMG concerns, lack of funding. Low pay
Fun place to work at, enjoyable coworkers
Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodside, NYJune 6, 2017
Throuhgout my day at work I would greet customers, sign people up for the gym, process cancellations, give tours, and clean the locker room. The day goes by smooth with enjoyable coworkers and a task sheet to keep you occupied. The compensation is minimum wage which should be raised.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
Understaff
All the hard work for no support or benefits
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 6, 2017
Blink needs to be more about who works for them then the members, themselves and the money. As an Assistant Manager, we do majority of the work while Club Manager's do so little and yet, they get bonuses, salary, Corporate get together's and awards. They do not commend the Maintenance, Front Desk, or Assistant Managers. Not a lot of support from Area Managers as when issues arise, it's very delayed and no sense of urgency.
Pros
Meet different people, Experience
Cons
Not enough pay, no support
More the location than the company I hope
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2017
Just wasn't the best management at the time. I believe Blink is growing into a much better company with much better standards. I did pretty well as a trainer there, however staff was not very supportive so I decided to part ways after a year. Not a bad place to start as a trainer, I wouldn't plan on making it a life career.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Management mostly, lack of support
Fun
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJMay 21, 2017
Gave tours, hardest part was when members would get upset and take their frustration out on you. Really open environment. staff members were happy. The pay wasn't great.
Very productive place to work , the environment was great.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYMay 12, 2017
Working at blink fitness was a great experience. The staff I worked with was very helpful and aways wanted to help and make you raise with the company . Helping customers was the major key at blink fitness and that was great because you had the chance to meet other people .
Pros
Using the facility to train .
Good Atmosphere micro management.
Club Associate (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 9, 2017
Good Atmosphere to work and work out but management is very poor and unprofessional rely on the staff to do their work as well as theirs very good machines and you learn very quickly.
Pros
easy job to learn and do
Cons
Short Breaks, little hours, little pay.
Comfortable with working here
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 9, 2017
Some days would be tough working at Blink, but most of time it was fun and nice. The only problem I had was dealing with the drama in the facility. Other than that i had a great time dealing with the members and there problems I enjoyed my job overall
Pros
free membership
Cons
no free drinks
Blink
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  West Islip, NYApril 4, 2017
Blink is a nice, relaxing place to work but maybe too relaxed. needs better leadership skills in the work place as well as more rigid structure for workers to flourish.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Poor management
fun place to work if you work out
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 17, 2017
fun environment for people who enjoy working out, free access to the gym and extremely up beat.

Could be a little challenging with the software.
clients are extremely friendly and great place if you love to help people in improving their lives.
Pros
free gym
Cons
a lot of cleaning
Fun and chill environment. Everyone gets along
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Baldwin, NYJanuary 22, 2017
Blink fitness is very low maintenance job, you work with great people with amazing personalities. It's a place where you definitely can feel comfortable. The pay is reasonable, in reference to what your tasks are at the job.
Pros
Flexible hours, hour and a half breaks
Cons
No chairs, you're standing at a desk for your whole shift
Fun place to work.
Maintenance/Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 6, 2017
The work was fine but moving up is almost impossible there's only one manager and supervisor for most clubs so the only way you move up is if they do, also management is always changing i've gone through 3 managers during my time there and they all either quit or were fired.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
no room for growth
Amazing place to work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 26, 2016
Blink is a fun environment to work at. The energy, the flexibility, the staff are all awesome perks. You meet interesting people and have lots of fun.
Pros
The hours and the staff
Cons
The pay
Awesome job
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Union, NJDecember 12, 2016
This job is a great place to be. The members and coworkers make it all worthwhile. The management is fantastic, they really make sure everyone is happy at work. I work early mornings and I like the fact that I can get out of work early in the day. They're flexible with my schedule because I'm in school right now. It's a really great place to work.
Pros
free gym membership, benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
minimum wage
Everyone is Joyful and full of energy !
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 12, 2016
Loved working here as well ! I learned a lot about the facility and how it ran. I started working out and realized it's good for you to be healthy .
Pros
Lunch breakers very leannit
Cons
Long hours of doing the same things
fun workplace
Blink Fitness (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYDecember 7, 2016
Find people to train for free and approach them with kindness and persuade them to train.
I learned different exercises for specific clients.
Management was good.
Co-workers are very polite.
Hardest part of the day was finding people to pay for sessions.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having the privilege to train clients whether free or paid.
Pros
Training for free with no membership
Cons
Looking for clients.
Assitant Manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2016
Blink Fitness is definitely the place to growth and develop yourself , there is a lot opportunity inside of the company but everything takes time.

Manager make sure that everyone feel like home.
Disconnected
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 22, 2016
Training front desk associated to be sales rep without commission. Then ask them to clean the bathroom all for minimum wage. Unfair
Pros
Free workout
Cons
Management change every month

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blink Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3