Blinn College Employee Reviews

Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJanuary 13, 2017
The benefits were good but the pay was too low for all the tasks that were expected. Physical Plant staff was undermanned.
Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
A great place to work
Kinesiology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 11, 2016
I taught 10 activity classes each semester. I left Blinn to go to Bryan ISD to teach dual credit Kinesiology classes. I was also able to coach at Rudder High School.
Ok to work for a year but not longer
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TXJune 27, 2016
Blind College is a place for individuals who need a foot in the door to enter, but leave after as quickly as possible. They have many adjunct positions that will never lead to full-time employment, their pay-rate is less than that of the private sector for doing the same job, and they depend heavily on nepotism. It is about keeping students and keeping their money as long as possible and not about advancing them or helping them achieve success. If you are an educator at heart then this is not the place for you.
Pros
Easy schedule
Cons
Administrators only help themselves and will never help anyone else out.
Trainer/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 24, 2016
I enjoyed my time there, and was given an opportunity to grow professionally. The school was supportive of my continuing my educational while working.
indeed
Brenham - snack bar attendant (Former Employee) –  902 College aveMay 4, 2016
I learned how to cook and clean and work with other things with the company. I learned how to take orders and I also handle money
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
not good place for work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TXFebruary 12, 2016
mostly employee at this place are family/relative, best friend etc and they are was work long long time at Blinn.Mostly they are not proffesional and that place not respect to somebody had good education specialty good backgroubd education and they are not welcome place for work , i am not learn anything in that place , i learn how when in the work place mosly relative and best friend and you not have relative or friend at that place you are in the deep trouble.The management real BAD....nothing management in that place, the hardest part of the job is when the other cook person always over cook and you must be used more for evening and not have facilities for hold the food, but the enjoyable part of the job you can eat forever you want and break forever you want, you can eat 5 or 6 time and break any time and employee can smoking to out side forever you want it.
Pros
eat free forever you want it and you can bring your family for eat free
Cons
break and smoking forever you want it, not have rule for break you can break anytime
fun place to be
Data Entry (temp) (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXNovember 1, 2015
I would love coming to work every day. I enjoyed my time. If I could do it again I would. I loved helping the other workers an putting in the information in the computer, the manager were extremely nice to me.
no ping pong table
Professor of Political Science (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 3, 2015
No ping pong table, although that is not so bad. I think that one day they will get one though. It's inevitable. Good place to work.
Pleasant college, terrible compensation structure
Adjunct Instructor of Geography (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 17, 2015
Blinn is a pleasant place to work. The fellow instructors and administrators are wonderful, hard-working, dedicated people. The students are almost all a pleasure to deal with - very polite and hard-working in the main.

The position of part-time instructor is however a nightmare. Until the last registration is in, you don't know how many sections you will have in a semester. There are no benefits. It is financially precarious at best.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Financially precarious
wonderful place to work
Science Department Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXDecember 9, 2014
Was a great student worker job. Gained knowledge of science and chemistry.
College environment with multiple challenges
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Brenham TexasJanuary 25, 2014
• Technical support for internal and external clients via phone, face to face, mail and chat lines
• PC Hardware and Software-break\fix support
• PC Repair of desktops and laptops
• Network component - hardware and software- break\fix
• Support for Windows OS from Win95,98,ME,2000,NT,XP,CE
• Internet Connectivity issues with 56Kmodems-cable modems
• Wireless products- router, NIC', hand helds, PC Cards, etc.
• Networking of computer systems with various O\S in a classroom setting
• Development of product specific material for Blinn College Intranet Site
• Wireless Technology-CP2W-802.11b-HPNA
• Compaq computers and peripherals
• Operating systems-Win 95-98, NT-2000, XP
• Product specific troubleshooting-Real time and class room
• Diagnostic training- internal and external
• Online web training- internal and external
• Operational procedures and Web line tools
Pros
Friendly coworkers and college environment
Cons
pay
Advisor
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 26, 2013
I helped students develop there college schedule
I worked with students to find financial aid.
Pros
I loved working the students
Cons
I did not get to spend enough time them
Very fun, productive, and learning atmosphere.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXOctober 15, 2013
My typical day at work is having fun with my students and learning what ways they learn the different topics that I introduce that day. Most of the time I dont get to interact with my co-workers because we are always in class and my class ends at 3 and theirs ends at 5; the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to have fun with what I am teaching and helping my students actually learn what they need to know to pass their state board exam.
Great enviroment to work in as well as great people.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TXAugust 15, 2013
I go into work with a great attitude. I check all emails and calls and reply to them as quickly as possible. I file all kinds of paperwork as well as reports. Schedule meetings and luncheons. General payable and receivable accounts. Contact students about the accounts. I work with such great staff and it makes the job and day go by.
As for my job I am always meeting new people and learning new things which I enjoy the most.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
working part time
Learned a lot about the inner working of college administration.
Student Assistant to the Dean of Academic Affairs (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 23, 2013
This was a great opportunity to learn what all goes on in the day to day operations of a higher learning institute.
Fun place...
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJuly 10, 2013
I was only an RA, but really enjoyed my time at Blinn. The pay was not very good, but I was able to meet many students and made good friends.
Fun
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  BrenhamMay 20, 2013
Fun. Never a dull moment. It is a very social enviroment with co-workers. The perks are the best part of this job.
Pros
Great group of people
Productive and Enjoyable
Electrical Instructor Part time (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 8, 2013
Enjoy the teaching students and the exchange of ideals with students. The staff is very pleasant to work with.
Pros
Schedule is very flexable
Cons
not a full time postion
Fun and challeging position.
Technical Theatre Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXMay 2, 2013
Oversaw the shop and trained individuals on the technical aspects of theatre. Receiving the position at the age of 16, I asserted myself and comfortably directed individuals well over my age; accomplished all tasks assigned to me with great success and gained renown amongst my company.

It was a challenge, but the boss was one of the most intelligent men I've ever met in my life and was always readily available to assist if ever a problem would occure.
Though, you'd push yourself to do your best on your own because he'd give you this look that made you feel stupid if the problem's solution was simple and over looked. He'd rub his beard, shake his head and walk away... Never a good feeling. Pushes you do do better, though!
Pros
Awesome boss, great hours (for a student), beautiful theaters and shop to work in.
Cons
None as far as I'm concerned.
Blinn Lecurer
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TexasMay 1, 2013
Lecturing for the department of workforce development was a wonderful experience which allowed me to grow as a teacher. It was also a chance to work with students in a more applied setting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blinn College. Our community is ready to answer.