Blinn College Employee Reviews

Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 18, 2017
Great community college culture. Everyone is there for the students and has a true passion for learning and seeing the student succeed. I enjoyed my time there working with students.
Pros
The students
Cons
The pay
Laid Back Job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 9, 2017
I worked with the most amazing women in human resources and would 10/10 reccomend this job to any incoming college student who is looking for a job that will be completely flexible with hours.
Blinn is an awsome college
Instructor/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 18, 2017
I am an avid supporter of community colleges in Texas, and Blinn is one of the best! Blinn culture is all about student success. I support anyone wanting to work at Blinn, and even more so, anyone wanting to attend.
Job experience was pleasant and productive with favorable benefits
Business Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJune 26, 2017
Start with checking current calendar events such as registration day, drop day, end of book vouchers, etc., check and prepare bank deposits, unlock safe for office petty cash, work with student accounts by phone or in person, prepare reports for weekly student refunds. Management is on top of anything that needs attention. The work environment is pleasant and the staff are team players and work well with other departments. The hardest part would be making sure the student refunds go out in a timely manner and the amounts are correct. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with staff and students.
Pros
Benefits such as vacation, insurance, family oriented
Cons
Poor communication between departments
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 10, 2017
As Adjunct Instructor at your current employer it's difficult to move up to a full time position. However, being an adjunct is great at Blinn. They provide you with a great workspace, management is wonderful, and they expect you to contribute and grow.
Pros
Great experience.
Cons
Difficult to obtain full tume.
Multitasking and gaining a great experience
Administrative Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXApril 5, 2017
It has been a great part time job as a student worker (administrative assistant). On various occasions apart from filing time sheets, retired or resigned folders, leave sheets, transcripts, contracts, and insurance forms. I also tended to students and employees about their paper work, sometimes answer the phone, take messages. I would also help my supervisor on certain tasks. I gained wonderful experience and I grew more at the human resources office with Blinn College. Asking questions and learning on a daily basis, organizational and communication skills are great. The people I got to work with and learned alot. They are all strong, dedicated, loyal, responsible, and hardworking women. We were more than a group of people in a department/office we are still a family.
Pros
lunch break and sick days off
Cons
as a student worker no pay raise and few hours
Good experience working with students and patients
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 4, 2017
A typical day at work was teaching in class and in the lab, demonstrating skills, and supervising students at different clinical settings.
I learned a great deal about nursing, and teaching nursing.
There were change in management during my employment at Blinn-- sometimes not the best management to support the employees and students.
The work ethics/culture could improve at Blinn College
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students
Flexible, relaxed, and ideal part-time work for those with writing backgrounds!
Writing Center Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Blinn College Writing Center is a great place to work if you need a part-time job with a flexible schedule, dependable coworkers, and a have skills in writing. A typical day is well-balanced and can be either very busy or very slow depending on the time during the semester. If you enjoy working with students and college professors and have a knack for tutoring students in need of supplemental help, this is the place for you. The only difficulty is that the job is part-time, therefore there is no benefits and you are capped at 19 hours a week. Other than that, the pay is great for part-time work, coworkers are flexible and easy to get along with, and the supervisor is a joy to work for.
Pros
Relaxed working environment, very flexible hours with a fixed schedule
Cons
No benefits, 19hr./week cap
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJanuary 13, 2017
The benefits were good but the pay was too low for all the tasks that were expected. Physical Plant staff was undermanned.
Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
A great place to work
Kinesiology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 11, 2016
I taught 10 activity classes each semester. I left Blinn to go to Bryan ISD to teach dual credit Kinesiology classes. I was also able to coach at Rudder High School.
Ok to work for a year but not longer
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TXJune 27, 2016
Blind College is a place for individuals who need a foot in the door to enter, but leave after as quickly as possible. They have many adjunct positions that will never lead to full-time employment, their pay-rate is less than that of the private sector for doing the same job, and they depend heavily on nepotism. It is about keeping students and keeping their money as long as possible and not about advancing them or helping them achieve success. If you are an educator at heart then this is not the place for you.
Pros
Easy schedule
Cons
Administrators only help themselves and will never help anyone else out.
Trainer/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 24, 2016
I enjoyed my time there, and was given an opportunity to grow professionally. The school was supportive of my continuing my educational while working.
indeed
Brenham - snack bar attendant (Former Employee) –  902 College aveMay 4, 2016
I learned how to cook and clean and work with other things with the company. I learned how to take orders and I also handle money
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
not good place for work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TXFebruary 12, 2016
mostly employee at this place are family/relative, best friend etc and they are was work long long time at Blinn.Mostly they are not proffesional and that place not respect to somebody had good education specialty good backgroubd education and they are not welcome place for work , i am not learn anything in that place , i learn how when in the work place mosly relative and best friend and you not have relative or friend at that place you are in the deep trouble.The management real BAD....nothing management in that place, the hardest part of the job is when the other cook person always over cook and you must be used more for evening and not have facilities for hold the food, but the enjoyable part of the job you can eat forever you want and break forever you want, you can eat 5 or 6 time and break any time and employee can smoking to out side forever you want it.
Pros
eat free forever you want it and you can bring your family for eat free
Cons
break and smoking forever you want it, not have rule for break you can break anytime
fun place to be
Data Entry (temp) (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXNovember 1, 2015
I would love coming to work every day. I enjoyed my time. If I could do it again I would. I loved helping the other workers an putting in the information in the computer, the manager were extremely nice to me.
no ping pong table
Professor of Political Science (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 3, 2015
No ping pong table, although that is not so bad. I think that one day they will get one though. It's inevitable. Good place to work.
Pleasant college, terrible compensation structure
Adjunct Instructor of Geography (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 17, 2015
Blinn is a pleasant place to work. The fellow instructors and administrators are wonderful, hard-working, dedicated people. The students are almost all a pleasure to deal with - very polite and hard-working in the main.

The position of part-time instructor is however a nightmare. Until the last registration is in, you don't know how many sections you will have in a semester. There are no benefits. It is financially precarious at best.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Financially precarious
wonderful place to work
Science Department Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXDecember 9, 2014
Was a great student worker job. Gained knowledge of science and chemistry.
College environment with multiple challenges
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Brenham TexasJanuary 25, 2014
• Technical support for internal and external clients via phone, face to face, mail and chat lines
• PC Hardware and Software-break\fix support
• PC Repair of desktops and laptops
• Network component - hardware and software- break\fix
• Support for Windows OS from Win95,98,ME,2000,NT,XP,CE
• Internet Connectivity issues with 56Kmodems-cable modems
• Wireless products- router, NIC', hand helds, PC Cards, etc.
• Networking of computer systems with various O\S in a classroom setting
• Development of product specific material for Blinn College Intranet Site
• Wireless Technology-CP2W-802.11b-HPNA
• Compaq computers and peripherals
• Operating systems-Win 95-98, NT-2000, XP
• Product specific troubleshooting-Real time and class room
• Diagnostic training- internal and external
• Online web training- internal and external
• Operational procedures and Web line tools
Pros
Friendly coworkers and college environment
Cons
pay
Advisor
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 26, 2013
I helped students develop there college schedule
I worked with students to find financial aid.
Pros
I loved working the students
Cons
I did not get to spend enough time them