Blinn College

Blinn College Employer Reviews

Advisor
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), College Station, TXDecember 26, 2013
Pros: i loved working the students
Cons: i did not get to spend enough time them
I helped students develop there college schedule
I worked with students to find financial aid.
Very fun, productive, and learning atmosphere.
Instructor (Current Employee), Bryan, TXOctober 15, 2013
My typical day at work is having fun with my students and learning what ways they learn the different topics that I introduce that day. Most of the time I dont get to interact with my co-workers because we are always in class and my class ends at 3 and theirs ends at 5; the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to have fun with what I am teaching – more... and helping my students actually learn what they need to know to pass their state board exam. – less
Great enviroment to work in as well as great people.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Brenham, TXAugust 15, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: working part time
I go into work with a great attitude. I check all emails and calls and reply to them as quickly as possible. I file all kinds of paperwork as well as reports. Schedule meetings and luncheons. General payable and receivable accounts. Contact students about the accounts. I work with such great staff and it makes the job and day go by.
As for my job I – more... am always meeting new people and learning new things which I enjoy the most. – less
Learned a lot about the inner working of college administration.
Student Assistant to the Dean of Academic Affairs (Former Employee), Bryan, TXJuly 23, 2013
This was a great opportunity to learn what all goes on in the day to day operations of a higher learning institute.
Fun place...
Community Assistant (Former Employee), Brenham, TXJuly 10, 2013
I was only an RA, but really enjoyed my time at Blinn. The pay was not very good, but I was able to meet many students and made good friends.
Fun
Academic Advisor (Current Employee), BrenhamMay 20, 2013
Pros: great group of people
Fun. Never a dull moment. It is a very social enviroment with co-workers. The perks are the best part of this job.
Productive and Enjoyable
Electrical Instructor Part time (Current Employee), Bryan, TXMay 8, 2013
Pros: schedule is very flexable
Cons: not a full time postion
Enjoy the teaching students and the exchange of ideals with students. The staff is very pleasant to work with.
Fun and challeging position.
Technical Theatre Student Worker (Former Employee), Brenham, TXMay 2, 2013
Pros: awesome boss, great hours (for a student), beautiful theaters and shop to work in.
Cons: none as far as i'm concerned.
Oversaw the shop and trained individuals on the technical aspects of theatre. Receiving the position at the age of 16, I asserted myself and comfortably directed individuals well over my age; accomplished all tasks assigned to me with great success and gained renown amongst my company.

It was a challenge, but the boss was one of the most intelligent – more... men I've ever met in my life and was always readily available to assist if ever a problem would occure.
Though, you'd push yourself to do your best on your own because he'd give you this look that made you feel stupid if the problem's solution was simple and over looked. He'd rub his beard, shake his head and walk away... Never a good feeling. Pushes you do do better, though! – less
Blinn Lecurer
Lecturer (Former Employee), Bryan, TexasMay 1, 2013
Lecturing for the department of workforce development was a wonderful experience which allowed me to grow as a teacher. It was also a chance to work with students in a more applied setting.
Challenging position
Instructor (Former Employee), Bryan, TXMay 1, 2013
Pros: compensation, positively influencing dislocated workers
Cons: lack of support from management
This opportunity came out of nowhere and I was very blessed to be offered the instructor position. I enjoyed creating my own lesson plans based upon what I learned in College along with personal experiences. A typical day consisted of typing tests, quizzes over material covered, projects, and test preparation. I learned that everyone works at their – more... own pace, especially those who do not have very much computer experience. My management, sadly, was not very helpful. I was solely responsible for my students and when I tried to address issues with the classroom, I was not given much support. The hardest part of this job was dealing with students who pinned me as unfair, when in reality, all I wanted was the best for them. I was 23 at the time, while my students were twice my age. The most enjoyable part of this job was creating a bond with my students to which they still contact me from time to time. There were many who were appreciative of what I taught them. – less
Office Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Bryan, TXFebruary 10, 2013
Filed student advising documents
Answered multi-line phone
Excellent benefits belies a questionable ebb and flow of support from Superiors.
Night Security Manager (Former Employee), Brenham, TXJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: prestigious benefits, good pay, privately owned police force
Cons: the majority of the student body, closeminded practices
The work routine is similar each day, with minimal differences.

Your benefits are excellent (Good vacation days, Top knotch insurance, paid time off for holidays etc..).

However you will be (depending on your station there) working with people that have the "Brenhamite" mentality (Either your born in Brenham or your inferior) and with Spoiled Kids – more... coming to college for the first time.

Expect alot of grief and infuriation at the lot of activities that surround you most of the time by (most) students and a lack luster support from the "Higher Ups" as they often value money (which the kids bring) over Appropriate Actions (Discipline).

All in all if you do not mind adapting to Blinn as a lifestyle (this requires that you forget the outside world while there), and you are not bothered with meticulous and repetitive work than you may do well here. Your surrounding peers will most likely be outstanding and they are the ones that will support you at most any cost.. I would think of it as going back to High School again. As from personal experience you will not last long if you work best by yourself.

All above was from my experience there it is said however they purged themselves of the corruption and are on a fast track to improving how they handle discipline and infractions to codes.

I would check it out first hand if interested in working there, after all what place is perfect in all aspects? – less
Blinn is a fantastic college to be a faculty member but also to be a student
business faculty (Former Employee), Brenham, TexasAugust 30, 2011
Pros: visionary
Cons: it continues to grow
Blinn has always emphasized students as customers and consistently provides high quality education in all disciplines.

About Blinn College

Blinn enrolled 17,989 students last Fall and has experienced 28.3 percent growth since 2006. Founded in 1883, the College’s – Read more