Blizzard Entertainment Employee Reviews in United States

Amazingly fun workplace where you always feel welcomed
Game Master (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2015
At Blizzard you always feel like you are apart of the family. Everyone from the works at the front desk to the executive managers feel like family and friends right from the start. The people working at this company have the same interests you do and you can find a best friend on every team. I love playing Blizzard games with all of my other coworkers and nerding out over changes/additions to the games.
Pros
Free games and game time, health benefits, working hours, ability to move up in the company, almost everything
Cons
have to work some holidays
Great Employees, terrible management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE GAME MASTER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 30, 2015
The culture of the place has gone hill since I originally worked for them. The underpaid employees is what made it best though.
Pros
Free swag.
Cons
Terrible management, bad salary, expectations too high for everyone.
Decent most of the time
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 30, 2015
Blizzard is a good place to work depending on your position. The work environment was very hip and exciting, its more corporate now as the company grew. The company also has issues with management and policies. The turn over on "policies" and job titles is about 6 months, meaning your job fundamentally changes every 6 months with little to no upper level change management. Supervisors and Managers regularly have to "calm the masses" from the huge upheavals.

Compensation is laughable, however the benefits were good.
Pros
Casual, Gaming, Nice Facilities
Cons
Constant 360's to policies/job duties, pay
Amazing culture, and amazing people.
Community Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 29, 2016
Every position I held within this company was highly dynamic, and required a large amount of agility to meet the demands of the job.

Managers were always a wealth of knowledge, and very often lead by example.

Very accommodating when personal situations arise, and everyone there worked very hard to make sure every aspect of the company was as awesome as it could be.
Pros
Regular bonuses, amazing campus, and incredibly talented employees
Cons
Difficult to separate home life from work.
Blizzard Entertainment was my home
Account Technical Support. (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasAugust 20, 2015
I receive great amount of experience in my professional career thanks to Activision Blizzard. The life balance, the perks and culture, has no equal. I was happy going to work and never felt the job burdensome while talking to customers.

Management, will help you succeed and you will succeed even though you may think you are going to fail. You will receive tools and training to succeed.
Pros
Lots of games, friendly co-workers and managers, free food every holiday.
Cons
Career advancement.
Paid to sit around, Sounds great but its a very boring environment day in and day out.
Game Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
The company Blizzard entertainment is a pointless company. They don't show / tell the public that they have other game developing company's, develop most of the game and Blizzard market the game as there own creation.
Pros
Good pay, you don't have to do much work.
Cons
They pay companies to do most of the work.
A experience that I will not forget.
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 15, 2016
Working at Blizzard was my first Industry Job and i loved every day of it. I would come in and test out the assigned game they gave me and write reports if I found anything. I meet a lot of great people and made a lot of friends while at Blizzard
Pros
Playing video games, short breaks, discounted food
Cons
The drive was far
Great Place to work
Customer Service, Technical support Game Master (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2015
I've worked for Blizzard now for almost 4 yrs. I have enjoyed my time with Blizzard, great people, great benefits and all around a great place to work
Pros
Very passionate people
Cons
Working late into the night/morning
Great place!
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 19, 2016
QA/ATS were great departments, the products a lifelong love of mine. I was delighted to help ensure these products brought happiness to people's lives!
Pros
Free lunches, games
Cons
lay offs are handled poorly
Great Culture
QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CaMay 6, 2015
Culture was great and they really take care of their employees. Compensation is a little on the low side. Fun atmosphere and great people to work with. Café is on site which is nice when busy and cant leave campus.
Epic company, Epic community
Associate Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 24, 2014
Blizzard Entertainment is a fantastic place to work, with a great company culture and atmosphere and some really wonderful people. Like every company it has its ups and downs, but the leadership has proven time and again that it is committed to making improvements and continuing to keep Blizzard on top both in terms of overall success and the satisfaction of its employees. Particularly in the Customer Service organization, however, compensation tends towards the lower end of comparable positions, and advancement opportunities are few and far between. If you are a professional looking to join an awesome gaming company, Blizzard is for you - if you are a customer service-oriented person that just wants a fun and entry level job, Blizzard is for you. If you are an aspiring professional looking to get into an entry level position, however, you may wish to seek credentials elsewhere prior to applying for a position with this gaming monolith.
Pros
culture, great benefits, strong leadership
Cons
advancement, compensation
Previously awesome company that turned total corporate
T3 Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 25, 2012
Blizzard Entertainment used to be the best place to work until they went totally corporate. After that, no more swag, less benefits, increased cost of insurance, and nearly no more chance for job advancement or an extremely long wait between advancement (expect about 2 years to move up one tier) for extremely poor pay increase (about 3%). However, the co-workers and lower management are still awesome. Nerdy gamers that just want a cool place to work.
Pros
it's a gaming company.
Cons
poor salary, extremely slow advancement, low raises, corporate attitude from upper management.
A Haven for Geeks
Account and Technical Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 11, 2013
Blizzard Entertainment proved to be a very interesting work environment where geeks (like me) really ran the show. The biggest part of my job was to connect with people who played our games and provide them with support in managing their accounts and subscriptions. I also helped with troubleshooting any unusual technical issues that arose during gameplay.

Overall, my experience at Blizzard was very positive. I probably would have continued working there, but I left in Q4 2012 to concentrate on completing graduate school.
Pros
amazing benefits; numerous available schedules/shifts.
Cons
criteria for regular assessment and/or advancement were highly flawed.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Versailles, A8October 5, 2015
Blizzard is a fun place to work, with great culture and most important - great people. If you love games, you will have great time here.
Pros
great people
Cons
some middle level management takes questionable actions
Easy to join, difficult to advance. Starter job at best.
Specialist Game Master (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasJuly 31, 2015
The internal workings of Blizzard CS are much like that of a raid group. For those outside of MMOs, that means that you have to know the right people, have the right perception pieces, and above all us be quite lucky.

It's great as a "I like video games and don't know what to do with my life" job, but if you have marketable CS skills, programming experience or a degree, I'd advise you to find a job that requires more to enter.
Pros
Working on World of Warcraft
Cons
Tar pit, say goodbye to your career.
Geek Support
Account and Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2012
My typical day at my job consists of assisting players with their accounts. This can be anything from payment issues to claiming the newest promotion. Occasionally I will also get a tech call from a player having problems with the game.

I have learned how to control calls and provide support to even the most irate players. I calm many a player down in the course of a day.

The management is all under 35 years old. The feeling of the company is very new and sometimes even make it up as it goes along.

My coworkers are all gamers and as such there are some very awkward people that do not have people skills. This comes with the nature of the job. I work with the same people that I assist on the phones.

The hardest part of the job is taking calls from a player that is upset at the beginning of a call and is looking for a fight. Having to calm the player down, then try to assit them in the best way possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am around people my own age that all embrace their inner geek. As such, there is quite a bit of joking and pop culture references. This can be a double edged sword at times, though.
Pros
full benefits, bonuses, occasional employee appreciation days
Cons
immaturity of coworkers and management, player base.
Very fun work culture; constant opportunity for gaming, play, etc.
Account and Technical Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 18, 2014
The phones were NON STOP and so were the emails. I learned patience as well as basic and advanced IT. My co workers were generally detail/tech oriented creative people; relentlessly passionate about the product, as well the company itself. The job was hard, period. The most enjoyable part, for me was the celebrity, the reputation that went along with being an employee.
Pros
celebrity, benefits, perks, outings, swag.
Cons
extremely taxing work, bureaucracy, elitist.
Great for entry level
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 10, 2015
If you love games, this is the way to go. The benefits are awesome and if you like to talk to other games, this will be the best opportunity.
A fun start but not much else
Game Master, Tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 30, 2013
Working for Blizzard was mostly fun and relaxed. At least, that's the atmosphere they wanted me to feel. What it boils down to, though, is that it has terrible management that will shift all the responsibility down on its underlings, with no accountability and no ability to make good decisions. Many people can say they hate their boss, but this also means that there was no opportunity for advancement. I applied many times to the bottom-most positions of other departments only to be told that I needed more experience while the position was given to someone's friend. Nepotism is a major flaw in much of the hiring and decision-making there. Awards were given to the buddies of the people who managed the award system. They even did so much as to show the metrics of those who won awards, revealing that these people were indeed not the top performers in neither speed or quality.

In the end, I made a consistent pay check with good benefits. My co-workers were awesome, so it was a good job to settle into to pay my bills. That's about the best I can say about it. I'm now older with nothing to show for it but a healthy bank account. I'd still be working there if not for the down-sizing, much to my stubborn misery.
Pros
good benefits, dorky, fun co-workers
Cons
terrible management, little to no possibility for advancement
Great place to work with lots of cool people
Quality Assurance Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 29, 2012
I got laid off the the most ridiculous reason ever when i was playing a key role in the release of a game.
Pros
benefits are fantastic, cafe on campus, the people are cool
Cons
the management and advancement in the company, is extremely difficult