Blizzard Entertainment Employee Reviews

Video game industry
Account and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Customer SupportOctober 20, 2016
Blizzard was a typical video game industry job. Many of the employees are fans first and not very career focused. While this did create an exciting culture to be a part of the room for advancement was an issue for me.
Enjoyable workplace with an outstanding culture, but low financial compensation.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 26, 2016
While Blizzard Entertainment provides an enjoyable day to day worklife, and a stellar team of coworkers, opportunities for advancement are extremely limited, as is the pay ceiling. However, that said, the job itself is fun and engaging.
Teaching customer, not pandering
GAME MASTER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2016
One of the greatest perks of being a Game Mater at Blizzard Entertainment was getting first hand knowledge on how several systems within the games worked. This was only made better by the core value of teaching our customers why something worked the way it did. When a customer would petition in with an issue, we had the amazing opportunity to not only explain why the game acted this way but also give great information into the thought process and idea behind the why.
Super chill place to work.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2016
Thought customer support for such a massive gaming company can be hectic at times, Blizzard always made their employees feel at home and offered all the needed tools and information to continue to adjust and perform well.
Pros
Free games!
Poor management
Senior GNOC Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 9, 2016
My department was restructured about 3 times in 9 months.

Management was constantly being rotated in and out, promises for job advancement were made and then never provided.
Work for the privelage of working for Blizzard
Specialist Game Master (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2016
Working for Blizzard is not as all you would think it would be. Proclaimed to have amazing culture and to be a great place to work, it only applies to those who are at the main campus in Irvine. The last straw was being put into a room and experiencing a training where we were told that Blizzard was such an amazing place to work. The trainers ignored our concerns and just reiterated that we worked for Blizzard for the pleasure of working for Blizzard.
Pros
Free game time and occaisional schwag, free copies of Blizzard and Acticision Titles.
Cons
Not fairly compensated, pay bands are narrow, do not take into account increased cost of living
Blizzard is an awesome place to work
Technical QA Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 5, 2016
Everyone is really friendly and the company is family oriented. It is a very nice place to work and it's a wise company.
Paid to sit around, Sounds great but its a very boring environment day in and day out.
Game Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
The company Blizzard entertainment is a pointless company. They don't show / tell the public that they have other game developing company's, develop most of the game and Blizzard market the game as there own creation.
Pros
Good pay, you don't have to do much work.
Cons
They pay companies to do most of the work.
Amazing culture, and amazing people.
Community Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 29, 2016
Every position I held within this company was highly dynamic, and required a large amount of agility to meet the demands of the job.

Managers were always a wealth of knowledge, and very often lead by example.

Very accommodating when personal situations arise, and everyone there worked very hard to make sure every aspect of the company was as awesome as it could be.
Pros
Regular bonuses, amazing campus, and incredibly talented employees
Cons
Difficult to separate home life from work.
Great place!
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 19, 2016
QA/ATS were great departments, the products a lifelong love of mine. I was delighted to help ensure these products brought happiness to people's lives!
Pros
Free lunches, games
Cons
lay offs are handled poorly
A great place to get started in the industry.
Game Support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 16, 2016
I learned a lot while working for Blizzard and had a great time while I was there. While I was there I felt like I would stay with the company for the rest of my career.

After working there for 5 years I took a look around and noticed that many of the people I started with were still there, but that very few of them had been promoted even once, and that none of them (although very talented) had been given the opportunity to join the development team.
A experience that I will not forget.
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 15, 2016
Working at Blizzard was my first Industry Job and i loved every day of it. I would come in and test out the assigned game they gave me and write reports if I found anything. I meet a lot of great people and made a lot of friends while at Blizzard
Pros
Playing video games, short breaks, discounted food
Cons
The drive was far
Amazingly fun workplace where you always feel welcomed
Game Master (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2015
At Blizzard you always feel like you are apart of the family. Everyone from the works at the front desk to the executive managers feel like family and friends right from the start. The people working at this company have the same interests you do and you can find a best friend on every team. I love playing Blizzard games with all of my other coworkers and nerding out over changes/additions to the games.
Pros
Free games and game time, health benefits, working hours, ability to move up in the company, almost everything
Cons
have to work some holidays
Great Employees, terrible management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE GAME MASTER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 30, 2015
The culture of the place has gone hill since I originally worked for them. The underpaid employees is what made it best though.
Pros
Free swag.
Cons
Terrible management, bad salary, expectations too high for everyone.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Versailles, A8October 5, 2015
Blizzard is a fun place to work, with great culture and most important - great people. If you love games, you will have great time here.
Pros
great people
Cons
some middle level management takes questionable actions
Loved the company, balanced work & life
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 27, 2015
This company was awesome, I was their to cover a LOA and must say I was welcomed, trained, just overall a great company to work for. My manager was accommodating the people are smart, diverse, and hard working. Love everything about this company.
Pros
Flex time with your hours.
Cons
Great work enviroment.
Blizzard Entertainment was my home
Account Technical Support. (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasAugust 20, 2015
I receive great amount of experience in my professional career thanks to Activision Blizzard. The life balance, the perks and culture, has no equal. I was happy going to work and never felt the job burdensome while talking to customers.

Management, will help you succeed and you will succeed even though you may think you are going to fail. You will receive tools and training to succeed.
Pros
Lots of games, friendly co-workers and managers, free food every holiday.
Cons
Career advancement.
Easy to join, difficult to advance. Starter job at best.
Specialist Game Master (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasJuly 31, 2015
The internal workings of Blizzard CS are much like that of a raid group. For those outside of MMOs, that means that you have to know the right people, have the right perception pieces, and above all us be quite lucky.

It's great as a "I like video games and don't know what to do with my life" job, but if you have marketable CS skills, programming experience or a degree, I'd advise you to find a job that requires more to enter.
Pros
Working on World of Warcraft
Cons
Tar pit, say goodbye to your career.
Productive and Customer-Centered Work Environment
Game Master (Customer Support) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2015
I am very proud to have been part of the Customer Service department at Blizzard Entertainment. The company as a whole is committed to providing epic support to the customers, and also cares very deeply for it's employees.
Great Place, Creative work atmosphere
My Blizzard Supervisor was Christopher Whittington (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2015
This was a temp job, and it was great while it lasted. I wish I could go back to work here, but unfortunately they aren't hiring any permanent workers at this time, and I can't keep temp working for little to no pay.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
temporary