Blizzard Entertainment Employee Reviews

Fun place to work.
Temp Player support through Randstad Staffing (Former Employee), Austin TXMay 12, 2014
Pros: fun relaxed work environment.
Cons: short contract position with low pay.
Trouble shooting player technical issues and hardware, Verifying player system compatibility and driver issues, Unlocking accounts with proper I.D., Player authenticator and password resets.

I learned what it is like supporting Online Gamers.
Management was friendly, and co-workers were fun. The most difficult part was the low wage, and the most enjoyable part was working in a fun and creative atmosphere.
productive and game room for breaks with a ping pong table
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 19, 2014
A typical day starts with a team huddle to go over what happened in the previous day

they had a game room with a foose ball table and ping pong table. Had some old arcade games also had some next gen gaming systems

were allowed to play games like world of warcraft or starcraft
Very fun work culture; constant opportunity for gaming, play, etc.
Account and Technical Services Representative (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: celebrity, benefits, perks, outings, swag.
Cons: extremely taxing work, bureaucracy, elitist.
The phones were NON STOP and so were the emails. I learned patience as well as basic and advanced IT. My co workers were generally detail/tech oriented creative people; relentlessly passionate about the product, as well the company itself. The job was hard, period. The most enjoyable part, for me was the celebrity, the reputation that went along with being an employee.
Great atmosphere and people to work with!
Game Master (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: lunch van was sometimes there, along with a great break room and talking to your fellow employees
I have always been a big fan of World of Warcraft and when I finally became one of their Game Master I was excited beyond words. Their program and system was quick to learn, and once I learn how to work with a program from what they taught me I skyrocketed in my skills. My co-workers were wonderful to have around me and east to talk to. The most enjoyable part of my job is actually helping customers recover their character when they were recently hacked.
fun times
Game Master (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 5, 2014
it's fun to work there, and all the free swag is nice, but be careful that you don't get a supervisor who won't fight to keep you on their team if you mess up even a little bit.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2014
•a typical day at work - come in setup computer and start taking calls for technical support, billing, and account issues.

•what you learned - how to approach situations and not allow them to escalate

•management - loved management. A great group of people that supported you and made sure you were ok.

•your co-workers - also awesome. If you ever had a question they never told you no.

•the hardest part of the job - death and suicide threats

•the most enjoyable part of the job - customers telling stories and the people I worked with.
Fun for a while, but nowhere to grow
In-Game Service Representative, Tier III (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: video game industry, some nice perks still, geek culture
Cons: low pay, draining customers, poor managers, lack of opportunity, dying culture
If you love video games and Blizzard, you'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed when you start. That's the honeymoon phase and can last up to three years depending on circumstances (teammates, mangers, etc.).

Slowly; though, you'll realize you're on a dead end road. There are very few growth opportunities.People get into positions and never leave. The same people slowly become out of date themselves. The customers can be soul draining, issues become repetitive, and you have to say no more than yes.

The way you're reviewed is frustrating. The company has slowly become more and more corporate. Perks have been getting worse and worse over the years. Pay has not moved really at all. The world around you will get more expensive, but you will not see much of an increase in pay. At the most .50 cents a year (if that). Cost of living is never reviewed, and it seems the company would rather see vets leave to be replaced by cheaper newbies.

It's a sad state of affairs, but this isn't a place you really want to work if you're looking for an adult job.

Summary: The hours aren't great, the work isn't challenging, the measurement systems are weak, the customers (not all but many) can be draining, and managers aren't really there for you. The pay is too low, and opportunities are too few.
Great company to work for
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CADecember 23, 2013
Love it ...
great culture ...
great people ...
good management
Fun workplace with a ping pong table
Game Advisor (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 14, 2013
Working at Blizzard had its ups and downs. It was a fun workplace, however the available work hours were unpleasant.
Game Master (Former Employee), ElginNovember 12, 2013
none my situation is diffrent from others but i will not review a company when i did not get the full work through my self
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Irvine, CANovember 10, 2013
Great work place.

Nice coworkers.

fun environment to work.
Good Culture and decent benefits
Tier 3 Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 4, 2013
Pros: awesome coworkers, decent medical benefits, company swag
Cons: little advancement, mediocre pay, constant policy changes
Typical day in a customer service rep's job at Blizzard is fielding phone calls, webchats, and in-game tickets. You'll be trained for all three but since customers can contact about a large variety of topics, you'll need to rely on coworkers and internet tools to find the answers. Job performance is gauged on productivity, quality, and first contact resolution and you'll need to meet metrics in all three to maintain your job.

Coworkers are generally pretty awesome. The workforce is largely very young though and for many this is a first time job so older employees may find the atmosphere immature. Company culture in the building is very relaxed, with no real dress code and employees will be expected to have a thick skin because you'll be talking to customers who range in age of 10-80 years and you'll get a variety of personality types to deal with.

Some room for advancement although not much and internal hiring into other departments is rigorous and extremely competitive so a customer service position is not a great way to transition to another department.

Medical/Dental/Vision benefits available and have good coverage although there is a small fee to be paid for coverage. Pay is ok, not the best but not the worst. Pay for highest tier rep caps out at $17/hr. Management pretty laid back although that'll vary depending on the person. You will be forced to change shifts once every year so you cannot be guaranteed to have a shift you want for more than a year. Hours for the building are 6AM to 2AM/7 days a week so be prepared for shift work. Shifts based on stack ranking so the – more... better you perform, the better your shift.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers and the amount of talking you need to do if you're on phones for the day. Can be extremely stressful with very little appreciation from customers.

Best part of the job are the people you meet at work and some of the customers who can be awesome. Relaxed culture means a fair amount of fun which is good. Also, company gives out a good amount of free swag related to their games which is nice. – less
Great Environment
Game Master (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 30, 2013
An awesome company to work for, a lot of fun everyday. Very little downtime while working, but the work was fun.
Great for gamers and night owls, game room included!
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 2, 2013
Pros: great environment, open to feedback
Cons: n/a
Meeting before and after shift
Discuss concerns with customers all day
Monthly Team Meeting
Separate monthly meeting with Senior and Team Manager
Ever changing policies that must be kept up with daily
Open interaction with co-workers, so long as you can work for your pay
Dream Job
QA Supervisor (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: solid core values, great people and facilities
Cons: company still relatively new, going through some growing pains
Worked my way up into lower management. Amazing place to work with amazing people. I recommend anyone that is qualified to go to work for Blizzard. I left unfortunately due to distance from a new house I purchased and the commute was costly.
Gamer work environment
Experienced Team Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TexasAugust 30, 2013
Suffice it to say that I quit Blizzard and we did not end of a good note.
Fun workplace, but little advancement.
Project Lead, Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 1, 2013
Little advancement opportunities. Feels like company is mismanaged at times. Very much an 'old boys club' feel.
A fun start but not much else
Game Master, Tier 2 (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: good benefits, dorky, fun co-workers
Cons: terrible management, little to no possibility for advancement
Working for Blizzard was mostly fun and relaxed. At least, that's the atmosphere they wanted me to feel. What it boils down to, though, is that it has terrible management that will shift all the responsibility down on its underlings, with no accountability and no ability to make good decisions. Many people can say they hate their boss, but this also means that there was no opportunity for advancement. I applied many times to the bottom-most positions of other departments only to be told that I needed more experience while the position was given to someone's friend. Nepotism is a major flaw in much of the hiring and decision-making there. Awards were given to the buddies of the people who managed the award system. They even did so much as to show the metrics of those who won awards, revealing that these people were indeed not the top performers in neither speed or quality.

In the end, I made a consistent pay check with good benefits. My co-workers were awesome, so it was a good job to settle into to pay my bills. That's about the best I can say about it. I'm now older with nothing to show for it but a healthy bank account. I'd still be working there if not for the down-sizing, much to my stubborn misery.
Very fun place to work!
Account and Technical Services Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 17, 2013
Pros: work perks
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Blizzard Entertainment, and hope to work there again in the future if the opportunity arises.
A company that cares
Game Master, Billing, and Technical Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 27, 2013
I feel Blizzard Entertainment's customer service branch in Austin, Texas was overall a good experience as a Game Master for about 3 years. The atmosphere and environment was comfortable and nerd friendly.

June 1, 2013

I wouldn't go as far as saying "A company that cares" but they did provide nice perks. They have no sense of work/life balance for their employees.