· Day's weren't typical. There was somethink new everyday.
· I learned a lot. I worked maintenance with little training. I learned to use tool I've never used before such as grinders,street sweeper, and, a paint sprayer. I learned new painting, and plumbing techniques.
· We had a high turn over, especially with direct management. They never seemed to care much for the workers. I how ever never saw much of the being on 3rd shift. But there was a lot of bad reviews among 1st and 2nd shift workers.
· I was one of two maintenence men. I was always having to train new guy because they would leave after a short time. They were usually good workers.
· The job was 100% outside. I was hot in the summer, and cold in the winter. Especially 3rd shift. The attire we worn never really helped much. Also, It's a really dangerous environment. Some of the Downtown South Bend patrons get drunk and violent. We weren't allowed to carry defense equipment. Never know if you're going to make it home.
· Despite the mostly negative atmosphere. It was great learning new things. I feel I'm a better maintenance/handyman.
changing but enjoyable work