Blockbuster
1,419 reviews

Blockbuster Employer Reviews

good
Customer Service (Former Employee), Bronx NYSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: gain experience
Cons: low paid
gain cashing , customer serice , co worker were good , also manager
Closed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Blockbusters are closing and losing jobs. Hard to advance. Pay quality is low. Only offer part time jobs unless management.
Fun part time job
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee), Ellicott City, MDSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: not much room for advancement
Great part time job with friendly co workers and customers. Great daily interactions with regular customers. Learned lots of organizational skills, communication skills, crisis management techniques, sales techniques ect. Hardest part of job would usually be fixing people's account issues, which takes patience and clarity. Most enjoyable part of job – more... was working with entertainment industry and providing information on fun movies, games and activities for customers to rent and try out. – less
Dying company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Rockford, MISeptember 8, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: no sense of leadership from corporate
If i worked for this company 10 years ago I would have said that this company was the best, but when my store was one of the last in the country, the corporate office was in disarray and the goals for the company was lost in the buyout by Dish.
bad overall and out of business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), South Charleston, WVSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: free rentals
Cons: pay
worst place I ever worked at, bad managers, boring, laborious when actually needed to work, equal to a fast food job
fun place to work and can put your own movie on to look at while you work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fairfield, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free movie, good hours
Cons: low pay
it a fun place to work with nice people and you get free movie rental so you can see everything that comes out
Exposure to a lot of movies including New releases
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: ability to rent new release movies before available to general public.
Cons: late shifts, not getting off until 2am or 3am, very slow at times.
Put away returned movies, restock shelves with new releases. Managed up to 6 or more employees with a vary of age ranges. Very late hours sometimes probably being the hardest part.
Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Horn Lake, MSAugust 28, 2014
I love working here the customers was fun the management was great. This job provided me to go to school and become a manager to access my skills which truly shined.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep/Shift Lead (Former Employee), Knox, INAugust 28, 2014
Customer Service was a huge part of this job. I would be responsible for returning movies to shelf, inventory, scheduling and cleaning.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep/Shift Lead (Former Employee), Knox, INAugust 28, 2014
It's always a good time, when you work with movies
Assistant Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, NEAugust 26, 2014
Cons: the company closed
A fun place to work. Love the customer interaction. Enjoyable staff and laid back environment.
Great Place!
Human Resource Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2014
A typical day for me is being able to make the hiring process as seamless as possible to the business. While consulting and informing the business and my management team of any obstacles, and we work together to come up with a plan that will be within the company guidelines as well as be beneficial to the business. My word is my bond and when I say – more... I will get something done for them, they are confident that I will get it done. The hardest part of the job for me is making sure to take time out for myself because I truly enjoy what I do. I love making each and every offer to each candidate. – less
Video Rental
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fairless Hills, PAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free movie rentals
Cons: overlooked for advancement
I worked at this job for about 6 months as a cashier and I also re-shelved movie rentals. Customer service and answered phone calls from customers regarding their accounts.
Very Stressful Job
Store Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great if you like working in retail
Cons: not much room for advancement
This job requires long hours, inventory, customer service, and ordering products. The job is enjoyable in the beginning; but after a couple years; it gets to be time consuming.
Easy job flexable hours
Cashier (Former Employee), Waynesboro, VAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: free movie rentals, easy job
Cons: low pay no benefits
The job was easy and management was lenient with scheduling. Shifts were short and pay was minimal, but the shifts went by fast and the work wasn't difficult.
fun
cashier (Former Employee), South Charleston, WVAugust 16, 2014
rang people up, stocked, and went home. fun people to work with
Fun store great customers
Asst Store Manager (Former Employee), Naples, FLAugust 14, 2014
Very fun store. Always something new to challenge me. Great staff entire time working.
Best place to learn patience and really understand customer service
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: company shut down
This had been the second job I had. My first being a mom and pop video shop, so I already had experience when walking in the door.
I grew up with an extensive knowledge and passion for movies of all sorts, so this job was right up my alley. I started at the bottom doing basic customer service which I loved. This is where I realized I had a knack for – more... dealing with customers of all kinds. There were times in my employment where there had been rumors or changes in policy at the store that did not always settle well with our customers, so taking on the conversations seemed to be a daunting task for most people. I didnt mind. Once I had learned policy I could recite it backwards and forwards. I always made the customer feel at home and helped them understand what we were able to do for them. Some customers just seemed to like being a pain...and that is where the patience came in. I dont think I ever let a customer walk out the door angry with our service.
We always had a very fast pace environment no matter what time of day it was. If we were not working with a customer there were always things that needed to be done and kept us on our toes which made the day go by much quicker. I enjoy the fast pace.
This helped me later with other fast pace places as well as multi tasking.
Moving up in the company seemed to be no problem to me as I enjoyed being there and showed a high level of commitment.
I ended as an Assistant Manager at my final store and was very proud. I honestly think there would be a chance of me still working here if the company didnt go under. – less
Fun nights but long days
Shift Lead (Former Employee), selden, nyAugust 13, 2014
The morning was just the same thing everyday paperwork, counting, and freight. Then at night was complete opposite busy and all customer service.
productive and fun work place
Store Manager (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: learning to be productive and working on my people skills
I learned a lot about being responsible and taking pride in my work seriously. I also learned about working as a team and being able to work alone and get tasks done in a good amount of time

1 2 3 4 5