Blockbuster
1,365 reviews

Blockbuster Employer Reviews

Fun people and busy workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Madison, NJJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free videos, fun coworkers
Cons: customer attitude, poor benefits, short breaks
Typical day at work included logged in new videos to complex system, answering phones, helped customers find videos and other products, prompt customer service, cleaning store, demonstrating proper use of products.

The hardest part of this job was dealing with the customers. Working in retail is extremely hard. Most customers treat you very poorly – more... and seldom want to hear the answers you give them. – less
Free Movies, what more could I ask for??
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2014
While this job was awesome at keeping you up to date on the latest movies, it was more like a boot camp for retail. No matter what time you are scheduled, you end up working late. The hardest part of this job was handling the different robberies.
busy
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 17, 2014
just check people out, no time to work with co workers. An easy job to just get by
Great Work Place Environment
Office Manager/ Candy Manager (Former Employee), Wasilla, AKJuly 14, 2014
Pros: incentive programs
Cons: seasonal slow times
Best job I have ever had. Management worked with me around school and other personal arrangements as needed. Team worked very well together, management was always involved when needed.
typical work day. meeting new people
crc (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: would still be there
Cons: the pay
fun atmosphere. got to see movies, before released. how to speak to customers on a daily basis. management team was great
Great place to work!
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Ooltewah, TNJuly 13, 2014
I started as crew, worked my way up to shift leader, while still working at boajngles, Left due to business shut down.
Productive and rewarding
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2014
Productive and rewarding to work for if they was still in business..I enjoyed my time while there and they had great managers
lots of movies and games
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2014
Pros: new media
Cons: old business model
bad business model, unable to adapt with the changing times
Coworkers were great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeport, CAJuly 13, 2014
My coworkers and customers were great but I didnt feel like I could advance in this company.
Hated this company!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wood River, ILJuly 9, 2014
Pros: ?
Cons: read review
Get paid $10 as an assistant manager and you are responsible for a lot of cash, reconciling cash drawers, bank deposits and a LOT of tedious jobs that you don't have time to do all of them but you are still EXPECTED to get everything done or you will lose your job. There is NO job security with this company. It totally takes advantage of people with – more... all the work it squeezes out of you and then they think they are doing you a favor allowing the employees to watch 5 free movies every week so it gives them an excuse to pay the employees peanuts in lieu of. It's a very cut-throat environment between the employees which is totally ridiculous considering how much you get paid and the amount of work you have to do. It's a race to become the Store Manager -- give me a break!! Most of the staff that worked there were very childish and had no other goals in life, I guess. A lot of companies take advantage of it's employees -- this is one! Hated this company!! – less
great environment to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), alexandria vaJuly 8, 2014
Great love working there. The management and staff are friendly and hard working. You can't complain about people with a excellent work ethic like them.
fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 8, 2014
its was a cool job. i love the fact we could watch and play all new movies and games before we put them on the shelf.
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free movie rentals weekly
Cons: had work weekends
A typical day working at Blockbuster was fun, fast pass, and repetitive. What I learned from working at Blockbuster was to increase my movie knowledge to help customer with their entertainment needs. Management was respectful and relaxed, co-workers were fun to be around and supportive. The hardest part of my job was to sell items outside of the movie – more... rentals. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk with customers daily on movie interest, likes and point of views from classic movies, to modern day movies. – less
a great store and a great company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee), Studio City, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free rentals
Cons: company went out of bussiness
If you've ever been to a video rental store you know what we did at Blockbuster
Fun Work Place
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Pantego, TXJuly 6, 2014
Pros: free video rentals
Cons: no more blockbuster
I must say I enjoyed working for Blockbuster because of the interaction with new people. Helping them find movies that might interest them and finding new movies to interest myself. The hardest part of my job was honestly letting it go when they closed their doors. Management was friendly and always willing to work with you. The Co workers were friendly – more... and helpful. – less
Great Place to Work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Mustang, OKJuly 1, 2014
My team was ranked in the top 5% of all stores as far as sales, programs, and overall profitability goes. We had high sales expectations that we met, consistently, and our patrons enjoyed coming into the store and visiting with our staff.
company restructured
Store Manager (1996-2006) (Former Employee), Englewood, COJune 30, 2014
I was good while I was there. The company as restructured itself and is no longer something I can speak to.
Great job learning management skills
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2014
Pros: management responsibilities
Cons: no insurance
I learned how to count down drawers, reorder product, pricing, proper product placement, and learned inventory skills. The hardest part of the job was working weekends when they tended to be busiest and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with a variety of customers.
Great dealing with high volume customer clientelle
Assisting customers (Former Employee), Peabody, MAJune 30, 2014
Pros: helping customers and make them feel glad to have chosen that site
Cons: people returning wrong product to the store and having to fix it after 2 weeks
Duties include point of sale, Customer service representative. Attained “Key Club Status”, an accolade for people that go above and beyond what is expected of employee, which included product location, knowledge of films and reccomendations as well as stocking. Opening and closing daily of site. (Hourly)
Closed bussiness
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), McKinney, TXJune 29, 2014
Unloading, categorization, pallet building, shrink wrapping.

1 2 3 4 5