Blockbuster Employee Reviews

Sad to see company close their doors
Store Manager (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Free movie rentals
Cons: long hours
Was a great fun faced paced environment where you were paid to share your opinion. Was an experience to come into work and get paid to have fun. Very customer service driven job.
Interesting workplace
Online Customer Support (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: ability to work from home
Cons: low pay and no reward/raises for hard work, if one person did something wrong, the whole team would get threatened
This wasn't a bad place it was just a bad period in terms of the market. Netflix had already taken most of the streaming market and Blockbuster tried download rentals and purchases but the Blockbuster software never worked properly and streaming was at times much slower than other services. The coworkers and management were fine though.
Wonderful Career
District Market Manager/ Store Manager (Former Employee), Loveland, COAugust 31, 2015
Pros: My staff
Cons: Company closed
I loved my blockbuster family, I will forever miss this place but it was the end of an era. Wonderful experience, moving up was very easy if you worked hard and your work was always recognized.
It was great while it lasted
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: thieves
Best time I've had at a job. Fun! Too bad the "customers" harrazing us forced me to quit. the district manager wasn't the best but the store manager and i took care of business.
Fun and Easy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 26, 2015
This place amazing! Got along with all co-workers an supervisors. There was not a day that went by that I wasnt laughing. Customers were amazing. Only thing I didnt like was the store was small. Not a big selections on movies!
Productive and fun place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Employees discounts, meeting new people daily, knowledge of gaming systems
Cons: Work hours sometimes to midnight, staff coverage, overnight in store audits
Blockbuster was a fun place to work with a loyal consumer base. The products in this business pretty much sold themselves. Managing staff was a little difficult due to the age and min set of most staff. – more... I was able to meet new people on a daily bases and was in charge of completing daily corporate duties that direct affected the company's bottom line. There was a lot of room for growth within the company with this position. – less
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Meeting new and interesting customers.
Cons: Wasn't good for position advancement.
I enjoyed my time at Blockbuster. I enjoyed helping customers find what they needed. The only problem was that there was no hope for advancement in the company.
Decent place of work, until the merger with Dish happened. This company is out of business now.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Very simple work, it was rare to feel rushed here.
Cons: There was no management, the Dish merger forced you to push sales on your customers.
Decent job, very straight forward. Clean the store, keep the movies and concessions in stock. Management was non-existent when I joined the team, we were without a store manager for several months. The pay is okay in relation to the work because the work was so simple a monkey could do fine alone in the store.
Fun place to work at
Customer Service, cashier, stocking, inventory (Former Employee), Nogales, AZAugust 25, 2015
Management didn't get along. Co-workers were mainly teenagers so it made work fun. Hours were very flexible to maintain a family life.
Blockbuster video was a decent job but it did not pay well and I knew that they were going to go bankrupt.
Customer Service/cashier/sales (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2015
Blockbuster Video was a decent place to work but it did not pay well and I needed to find a better paying job with more hours and better pay so I left this position for Costco.
Reward sales the highlight of a shift and saling 15 every three days
CSR MANAGER (Former Employee), Chicago ILAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Free rentals, Free screening of movies
Cons: Reward saling, and lost of company goinng out of a business
Fun work environment, pleasant employees, supervisors, and customers. The opportunity to view films and give are opinion to our customers. Free rentals and thee opportunity to view films before release dates. Challenging to sale rewards and manage the floor on the release nights of box office movies.
Free Movies
Customer service (Former Employee), Murray, UTAugust 21, 2015
Pros: movies and games
Cons: didnt move up very easily
Blockbuster was every persons dream who called themselves movies buffs
i loved getting to take the movie home before they came so i was educated on what there plots were
dish network bought them
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), American Fork, UTAugust 21, 2015
Pros: staff, managerment
Cons: dish network owned them
the company was doing fine until they were purchased by dish network. once they purchased the company, they forced everyone to sell the service which scared customers off and killed the company as a whole.
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Statesville, NCAugust 21, 2015
Pros: fun, free movies, meet interesting people
Cons: no healthcare
This company was great to work for. The manger was a good man who cared for his employees and understood they had families. They worked with your schedule and helped to change it if needed.
Great!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2015
I was with blockbuster until the company closed. It was a great environment with great people. It allowed people of all ages to interact with one another through the use of different genres of film.
Successful Workplace
Manager (Former Employee), Elmont, NYAugust 20, 2015
I enjoyed being a part of the management team and assisting employees in their daily activities. I worked with an excellent team.
Retail at its best.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Boerne, TXAugust 20, 2015
Pros: free movie rentals
Cons: salary and bennifits
I was an assistant manager over about 3 to 4 team members. The most difficult thing to over come coming back into the workforce was working with so many different personalities. I gained patience and understanding – more... while keeping a balance of keeping the team productive and efficient with daily task. The most enjoyable part of my job was being on a first name basis with most of all our customers. I liked my manager and how he made the job fun. – less
Is Blockbuster Still Around
Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2015
I did not realize Blockbuster was still around. It was fun to work there in high school and college. Met a lot of nice people.
fun work place
Shift Lead, Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2015
Pros: discounts on movies
Cons: was in a bad location
This was a fun job it didn't feel like work at all, I had a great boss and excellent employees. Our store was always clean and organized
I would be working there is it didn't close down
Customer Service Team Lead/Cashier (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Cool environment
Cons: Management was off
It was an average job. Cashier, clean up, stock things... It wasn't anything you could make a career out of but I could have easily worked there for 10 years and be okay.