Blockbuster
1,575 reviews

Blockbuster Employer Reviews

Fun place to work!
CSR/Cashier and Game Expert (Former Employee), Boiling Springs, SCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: pay
I worked at Blockbuster for over four years and loved it! I was a game expert and a CSR, the five free rentals a week was great and the people there were wonderful, I made life long friends in the process!
Exciting
Sales Associate/Entertainment Specialist (Former Employee), Marion, ILMarch 3, 2015
Getting to suggest movies and help locate movies for customers. Always a good time at work always something to discuss that was work related, MOVIES. Shame they are no longer open.
An absolutely great place to be.
Retail Associate/cashier (Former Employee), Lincoln, NeMarch 3, 2015
I absolutely loved blockbuster. To this day i don't have any dislikes or concerns about this company. I was really sad to see them go. Blockbuster is still the best job i have every had to this day.
Company had potential
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Leominster, MAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: bad management
Was a good place to work at first, very customer based but bad management drove the company into the ground and corporate blamed the employees for their mistakes.
really didn't enjoy this job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMarch 2, 2015
Pros: 5 free movies/game rentals a week
Cons: main manager belittled everything i did
unlike the esprit job i got to work with people and suggest old movies as well as new that were good for me which everyone seemed to agree with my taste a typical day at work was to check in movies that were returned and stock the shelves again but even though i went above and beyond I got no recognition for it
great job
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 1, 2015
was a really fun experience i had to waych a lot of movies to be able to tell the customer what was a good choice or a bad.it was times where i had to sell rewards packets.Thats where u rent the new and get the old for free.that was a challenge at time because it was always easy get the people to spend there money on something that they knew nothing about.i did great at that and the people loved me for it.
i learned a lot at this job some i still apply today
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Bedford, TXFebruary 28, 2015
order is everything and also a place if you do it right the first time you don't have to do it again. ran the store normal day to day operations
very easy fun job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), san diego, caFebruary 27, 2015
I loved coming in and working, answering questions customer might have. I loved that i would be asked to recommend movies and then have a customer come back and ask for more recommendations.
job no longer exists
Assistant Store manager (Former Employee), newbury parkFebruary 26, 2015
job no longer exists company folded
Was a great place to work, very fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TxFebruary 26, 2015
I really enjoyed this job, and the people and management were all great, there were many opportunities for advancement, unfortunately the business closed.
Good company to work for when there open.
Customer service and cashier (Former Employee), lake worth, FLFebruary 24, 2015
It was a very enjoyable job. But the management was terrible and not respectful towards there employees. Not a job for advancement and to many deceitful managers..
fun and fast paced
Store Manager (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: movies
Cons: schedule
This position required a flexible schedule and ability to work under pressure. The people you work with will be a fun bunch and you will be surrounded by great movies.
Entry level job
Cashier (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: discount on movies
Cons: long hours
scanning inventory for customers, making sure the store is display correctly and giving customers great customer service. i learned how to use a data base for movie inventor. hardest part of the job would be making sure i clear long lines when it's busy.
best part of my job would have to be the free movies i could rent a week.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative/Shift Lead (Former Employee), Hudsonville, MIFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free rentals and work parties
Cons: a lot of extremely heavy lifting
Blockbuster was a very laid back place to work. I learned how to use the software and I improved my customer working skills by working there. A typical day entailed cleaning and organizing the store, as well as communicating with guests and upselling Blockbuster products. My co-workers were fantastic. They were all so nice and welcoming, which made my move to Grand Rapids a breeze. I would have to say that the most challenging part of working at Blockbuster was trying to understand what a person was looking for in a movie so I could recommend the perfect one. The whole experience working with the Blockbuster company was very pleasant and very fun, my co-workers were amazing and the managers genuinely cared about us. They also offered great benefits and extras for their employees.
Productive Learning Experience
Associate/Sales of Supplies (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2015
At work, it would be pretty quiet. Co-workers doing what they are told. My co-workers were friendly as they were assisting each other when needed and myself when needed. I've learned how to sort, pack,price and stock inventory as well as working with the register.The hardest part of the job would have to be pricing the inventory correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was sorting and packing the inventory in its proper places.
Horrible employer
Store Manager (Former Employee), hurst, txFebruary 19, 2015
Great pay and ok benefits bu executive management did not know how to run the company and lt was bleeding cash and eventually went out of business
Stepping stone
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Levittown, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: strong customer service
Cons: false promises
Kmart was an OK company in the beginning promising good wages rapid advancement and a team environment. towards the end not so much
fun place to work and enjoyed my co workers
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2015
One of my funniest places to work and made lots of friends. I learned a lot about the different types of movies and games. I also enjoyed the different types of movies that our customers enjoyed watching. Get company to grow with but unfortunately the company sold off.
Great place to work, too bad they went broke.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Acton, MAFebruary 16, 2015
Loved the customer service and being a quality entertainment provider. Too bad they were mismanaged to the point of bankruptcy.
Fun place to work
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee WisconsinFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free movie rentals and benefits were excellent
Cons: long hours very busy keeps you on your toes
Love movies this is the place for someone who does or it was. I was hired in as a manager and with hard work became a senior assistant . Typical day was very busy entertainment is big busy but I really had a lot of fun

1 2 3 4 5