Blockbuster Employee Reviews

Fun place to work because you were always working with customers.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2017
A typical day started at 8am going to the office to review the previous sales and strategize your plan for the day. Visit at least 2-3 stores a day. I learned a lot about movies. Our Regional manager was well versed in all movie entrainment industry and was a great trainer. The hardest part of the job was the high turnover in managers due to violation of company policies. The most enjoyable part of the job was rating a lot of the movies due to the free rentals we were entitled to.
Pros
Free movie rentals
Cons
No stock options
Fun place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  OklahomaDecember 10, 2017
Renting and selling movies. Customer Service. Great employees. Good discounts. Workplace was always clean and maintained properly to meet needs of employees as well as customers.
Enjoyable
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Harwood Heights, ILDecember 8, 2017
Fun place to work at. Great staff with minor issues. Customers were awesome at times but you always have customer issues. Upper management was good. Too bad they closed
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
having to charge late fees
Company is now closed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2017
The company is now closed so there is nothing to post on this review. It went out of business years ago and I don't remember too much about the atmosephere.
Pros
The company is now closed.
Cons
The company is now closed.
Wasn't bad, but they closed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHDecember 5, 2017
Wasn't a horrible place to work until DISH purchased the company and was required to sale subs for it. The pressure or selling all the different items were stressful and often times were used as a measure to threaten your job.
Blockbuster
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CODecember 4, 2017
I enjoyed working for blockbuster because it was an entertainment job and that is something I am interested and passionate about. Unfortunately this company went out of business so there is not a whole lot to say about them.
Out of business
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 4, 2017
This was a great job while it lasted but the company has gone out of business. The customers were always cool and the employees are still some of my best friends today.
GONE not in business
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2017
GONE! Customer and employees are no more with company, this company is no more and I'm still needing to right 150 words, so I'm almost there and now I'm done.
Pros
Gone
Cons
Gone
Productive and fun workplace
Custermor Servicr Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 1, 2017
Blockbuster was a very fun workplace because you got discount and you were able to get the new movies as soon as they came in everybody there was very friendly and we all got along.
Pros
They had very good discounts
Great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GANovember 30, 2017
I absolutely loved this job and all the people that patronized the store. You meet people from all walks of life and there's never a dull moment. The company closed down a few years ago due to demand!
Get to Work With Movies And Games!
Shift Lead/Acting Store Manager (Former Employee) –  League City, TXNovember 30, 2017
Blockbuster was the most favorite job I ever had. I've always been a huge movie buff and that was the entire job. Bringing great customer service and advice to other movie lovers like yourself. I advanced in my career at Blockbuster quite fast. I became a Shift Lead and then was Acting Store Manager right before I left due to them shutting my store, and all the other Blockbuster stores down.
Pros
Free Rentals, Free Movies, Discounts
Cons
They closed down
Blockbuster Review
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  West Haverstraw, NYNovember 29, 2017
It was a great company to work for but over time business declined and we were force to closed and over time as the entertainment industry kept up with the times Blockbuster and all the chain stores went out of business as well.
Loved working there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2017
I loved working there until they closed it down..it was like my second home..great place to work when if was open..if u loved watching movies you definitely would have enjoyed working there
Pros
Discount on product
Cons
productive and very relaxed working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trabuco Canyon, CANovember 28, 2017
very easy workplace, just had to help customers, and keep the store clean, not much labor involved at all. great perks and benefits, customers where always nice.
Pros
got take new movies and games home first a week or 2 before they came out
Cons
alot of down time in the shop
Blockbuster
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Eagle River, AKNovember 27, 2017
I only worked for blockbuster a short time because I was still in high school.
I would recommend as a part time job since the primary customers are regulars .
Pros
Movies
Cons
Payment
fun while it lasted
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 25, 2017
Blockbuster was fun while it lasted. Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend applying to work at Blockbuster since they're all closed nowadays. Job security is a factor.
Pros
free rentals
Cons
job security
Fun place to work..
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLNovember 25, 2017
I was a shift leader, which meant i made the schedule as well as the daily paperwork, Set up displays in store,open/closing of stores...Also worked registers as needed..
Pros
Got to take home up to 5 new movies each week.
Cons
I was very pregnant towards my ending day there..
Blockbusters Atmosphere
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 25, 2017
When I was first hired for Blockbuster they focused on renting movies and games, also selling items in store and selling online subscriptions. Once the company filed for bankruptcy and Dish Network bought it, they focused more on selling dish out of the stores then actually focusing on movies and games as they originally had. Within 2 years of them taking over they closed down all the stores in Massachusetts. I traveled from store to store in my area closing them down until the last store, I left the company before it closed the last store completely down.
Fun place to work
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WANovember 22, 2017
I enjoyed working here very much. We were always competing with one another to sell the most bundles or rentals, and it was always FUN! The manager was encouraging and motivating!
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 21, 2017
A fun place to work, great co-workers, great customers, environment is relaxed and reflects the product it sales. It was almost a hobby more than a job and I wish they were still around!! Bring back the video stores!
Pros
awesome
Cons
gone now