Blockbuster
1,591 reviews

Blockbuster Employer Reviews

Movies!
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free movie and game rentals, Employee discounts, Tuition reimbursement.
Cons: Searching for titles for new employees was a difficult
A typical day was spent organizing movie titles and changing sales within the store. However, learning the different tastes of movie goers was interesting. I was to learn and appreciate all genres and locate movie titles with little descriptions given from our costumers. The experience gained while working is something I still use, especially during my film critic course. Understanding when and how movies were released for movie goers allowed me to develop a deeper connection to our members. Management was always willing to listen to new ideas and the co-workers where as varied as the movies. The hardest part of the job was locating a movie without the actual title, but after researching and watching the titles every week it became easier. The most enjoyable part of the job was the costumers and the benefits that came along with employment.
Great for ppl just entering workforce.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Pole, AlaskaMarch 25, 2015
This was a great first job. I learned to deal and interact with customers, while I also enjoyed the content of my work. Would say apply if you have interest. Good job.
Got to rent free videos.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Stafford, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free Movies
Cons: 10 hour shifts
I worked for the best bosses I guy could ask for, I met my fiacee there, and still hang out with friends from there 20 years ago. Best working experience of my life.
Multi-Store Leader
Multi-Store Leader (Former Employee), Southern New JerseyMarch 23, 2015
Responsible for running and operating multiple locations in the Southern New Jersey area. Responsibilities include leading managers in developing the entire store team, exceeding quarterly and year over year sales forecasts, maintaining budgets and everything involved operationally within multiple locations. Lead stores through inventory management of each location including store merchandising. Hire and train all store managers of each location.
Fun, caring and exciting
Manager (Former Employee), Forest Grove, OregonMarch 21, 2015
Great atmosphere and employees. Management was very understanding and easy to get along with. Even working inventory was ok because it was like working with friends.
Blockbuster Associate
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 19, 2015
Pros: 3 free rentals per week
Cons: no job advancement, out of business
Duties included running cash register, answering phone, cleaning store and returning movies to the shelf for next customers. I absolutely loved this job, amazing customers and management, great atmosphere to be in. Hardest part was wanting to buy everything and easiest was helping the customers.
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greenwood, INMarch 18, 2015
Pros: busy work, great staff
Cons: other employees not covering their shifts.
I enjoyed working for BlockBuster, We always stayed busy and productive, I enjoyed working with the public as much as i did. very nice work enviroment.
greatest people to work with
Key Holder (Former Employee), Wall, NJMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great people, great environment
Cons: nothing
Got to help a different variety of people both customers and workers, I learned that you can have fun while working, the management was like family.
fun place to work with fun co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 10, 2015
Pros: preview new rentals before on shelf
Cons: having to upsale at register
the best part of working at blockbuster was being able to see all the movies before they were available to be rented out.
Also being able to meet new customers and helping out the customer to get exactly what they came in looking for
was a great place to work for and enjoyed time there
manager (Former Employee), boaz AlMarch 9, 2015
Pros: none free stuff
Cons: small breaks for lunch or supper if not too busy
typical day at work would be opening or closing checking in checking out movie's learning alot about movies and getting to know people also learning from the store manager and other employee's so u could learn more about the job at hand and get more skilled
Great start-up for customer service oriented individuals
Shift Supervisor/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Clifton,NJMarch 7, 2015
Nonexistent company since Viacom purchase. Was great for stock benefits when available. Typical day involved accounts receivable reviews, inventory of items, opening/closing duties. cashier, etc.
Good to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: business closed
To bad they closed. I liked the environment and the work pace and the perks of the company. You would get to meet a lot of people and watch a great deal of great movies.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Daly City, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: easy, relaxed environment, friendly customers
Cons: no health benefits, management switched often
Assisted customers with movie rentals, merchandises, and pricing

Interacted with customers on a daily bases and resolved any customer issues as needed

Co-workers were friendly and we got along really well

Management was switched often but all were great
Fun place to work!
CSR/Cashier and Game Expert (Former Employee), Boiling Springs, SCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: pay
I worked at Blockbuster for over four years and loved it! I was a game expert and a CSR, the five free rentals a week was great and the people there were wonderful, I made life long friends in the process!
Exciting
Sales Associate/Entertainment Specialist (Former Employee), Marion, ILMarch 3, 2015
Getting to suggest movies and help locate movies for customers. Always a good time at work always something to discuss that was work related, MOVIES. Shame they are no longer open.
An absolutely great place to be.
Retail Associate/cashier (Former Employee), Lincoln, NeMarch 3, 2015
I absolutely loved blockbuster. To this day i don't have any dislikes or concerns about this company. I was really sad to see them go. Blockbuster is still the best job i have every had to this day.
Company had potential
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Leominster, MAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: bad management
Was a good place to work at first, very customer based but bad management drove the company into the ground and corporate blamed the employees for their mistakes.
really didn't enjoy this job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMarch 2, 2015
Pros: 5 free movies/game rentals a week
Cons: main manager belittled everything i did
unlike the esprit job i got to work with people and suggest old movies as well as new that were good for me which everyone seemed to agree with my taste a typical day at work was to check in movies that were returned and stock the shelves again but even though i went above and beyond I got no recognition for it
great job
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 1, 2015
was a really fun experience i had to waych a lot of movies to be able to tell the customer what was a good choice or a bad.it was times where i had to sell rewards packets.Thats where u rent the new and get the old for free.that was a challenge at time because it was always easy get the people to spend there money on something that they knew nothing about.i did great at that and the people loved me for it.
i learned a lot at this job some i still apply today
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Bedford, TXFebruary 28, 2015
order is everything and also a place if you do it right the first time you don't have to do it again. ran the store normal day to day operations

1 2 3 4 5