Blockbuster Employee Reviews

enjoyable friendly environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Solana Beach, CAOctober 20, 2017
inventory, cash transactions, bank deposits, customer service
I enjoyed learning about the various customer base from youth to elderly and what their viewing desires entailed.
The only difficult part of this job was preventing theft.
I thoroughly enjoyed working with friendly staff and interacting with all of the customers.
Pros
People interaction
Cons
Not a mentally challenging job
Fun!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZOctober 19, 2017
I had a great time working at blockbuster. Sad it closed but it was always full of people and I made a lot of friends there through coworkers and customers.
A place to be responsible and have fun at the same time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 19, 2017
The work was simple: running a simple business: video rental. But the business was big, the formality of everything helped to focused yourself in one thing: selling and service, wich was good.
It was great till it folded
Shift Leader / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJOctober 17, 2017
This was one of my college jobs. It was great, the hours were flexible and the people were, for the most part, pretty great. Too bad they folded, I would have gone back post-graduation.
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nogales, AZOctober 13, 2017
This job has since disappeared ... very bad environment, bad management, awful experience, they dont take care of their employees, they will drop you at the first glance...
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
good
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Park, MIOctober 12, 2017
Well this survey was useless because blockbuster has been closed for almost 4 years. I guess Indeed did not realize this before making this survey mandatory.
Pros
Cons
no longer open
Fun work environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 11, 2017
There isn't much to say about managing a movie store. The environment was fun and the free movies were a plus however they didn't have the insight toward the future and are now closed
Was a great place to work, but manager was embezzling so it drove us into the ground
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leesville, LAOctober 11, 2017
I loved my job, the people I worked with, and most definitely the customers. Easy company to work for and had opportunity to advance. I would have loved to work there longer but the store closed.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Bad management
Love working in the Entertainment Business
Cashier/Stocker/Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 9, 2017
This was a good job. working with the public, finding their likes and helping them out. Getting to know how the entertainment movie releases are dealt.
Pros
Seeing new movies
Cons
Went out of business
Great Job
Multi-Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 7, 2017
Was a great place to Work. Great customers, great staff. Upper management was out of touch with the customers and the staff in the stores and that is what lead to the demise of blockbuster
Store closed
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 6, 2017
Company closed down. The company went in to bankruptcy and closed down. I loved my job there but this review hold no meaning since the are no longer open
Pros
Company closed
Cons
Company closed down
closed
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  VAOctober 4, 2017
The store I worked for was closed which is why I was forced to leave. Where I was sent refused to work with my school classes at the time. I do not think there are many left, if any at all.
Great work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Antelope, CAOctober 3, 2017
Working at blockbuster as a store manager was great. There was a sense of community within the company where all employees wanted to strive to better the store.

I left because the company went out of business
Very tolerable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, NJOctober 3, 2017
Since I enjoy movies and videogames, Blockbuster Video was by far the most tolerable place to work. I enjoyed keep the movies and videogames in the right order, and it felt good to help out customers who are major movie and game-buffs. There are a few customers who can make your day quite stressful, but I learned how to blow that off and move on. I recommend this job for those who love movies and/or videogames.
Pros
Renting movies and/or games for free
Cons
A few rude customers
great video store
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2017
I overviewed a team of employees that worked under me. Made sure that all duties for the day were met and made sure all customers were taking cared of in their video rental needs.
Pros
free movies
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 29, 2017
I got to suggest movies and video games to customers, learned customer service and sales skills and worked with likeminded employees. The hardest part was inventory. The most enjoyable was free movie rentals.
Pros
Free movie and game rentals
Cons
Business shut down
Excellent Questions
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 26, 2017
Blockbuster was a great environment to work in but they closed down due to fierce competition from the internet and streaming.
Thus it was very disheartening to have left because they were closing down stores due to poor sales.
Pros
Free gift cards
Closed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2017
I loved working for Blockbuster until they started going out of business. I had high plans in corporate but that did not happen. I wish it was still around I would still be there.
No longer in business
Director of Store Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2017
The (original record and tape) company merged with other companies several times towards the end of my time there. Once Blockbuster purchased all the music chains, things went downhill quickly. They tried to run the music retail business like the movie rental business (which obviously failed).
Pros
Early (Turtle Records and Tapes) days (before BB purchased) were the best
Cons
No longer in business
Friendly Staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 24, 2017
One had to maintain a certain amount of movie knowledge to assist customers with their needs. Typically the day started with putting returned films back where they belonged then restocking the snack shelves, and throughout the day checking out and assisting shoppers.
Pros
free weekly movie rentals
Cons
had to reach quotas for online sign-ups