Blockbuster
1,426 reviews

Blockbuster Employer Reviews

I was young but the experience was needless to say well respected
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: the experience
Cons: the pay
The thought of flipping burgers my adulthood would never be realistic, only while in school so it helped
good work place
Assistant Store Manager / Sales Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Great work environment, and fun place to work. I managed a small staff and a profitable store.
Closed down
District Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2014
great place to work
learned a lot about sales and service
management was great
All employees work as team
good
sale assoc. (Former Employee), Tyler, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good work culture
Cons: went out of business
good job but no room for advancement and the company was struggling to stay afloat by that point.
worked hard pay wasnt good
Store Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 20, 2014
Pros: free movie rentals
Cons: health care, pay and long hours
Loving going to movies was one thing that interested me in the management position, but staffing was always a problem there and trying to turn a profit was difficult because of staffing and theft of product from customers and employees.
I enjoyed working in a field I am familiar with...I love movies
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Akron, OHSeptember 18, 2014
I was employed at Blockbuster twice. Once as a customer service rep. and then again as an assistant manager. I enjoyed a familiar relationship with the customers. Getting to know all the product and having a ready recommendation for the customers.
good
Customer Service (Former Employee), Bronx NYSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: gain experience
Cons: low paid
gain cashing , customer serice , co worker were good , also manager
Closed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Blockbusters are closing and losing jobs. Hard to advance. Pay quality is low. Only offer part time jobs unless management.
Fun part time job
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee), Ellicott City, MDSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: not much room for advancement
Great part time job with friendly co workers and customers. Great daily interactions with regular customers. Learned lots of organizational skills, communication skills, crisis management techniques, sales techniques ect. Hardest part of job would usually be fixing people's account issues, which takes patience and clarity. Most enjoyable part of job – more... was working with entertainment industry and providing information on fun movies, games and activities for customers to rent and try out. – less
Dying company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Rockford, MISeptember 8, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: no sense of leadership from corporate
If i worked for this company 10 years ago I would have said that this company was the best, but when my store was one of the last in the country, the corporate office was in disarray and the goals for the company was lost in the buyout by Dish.
bad overall and out of business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), South Charleston, WVSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: free rentals
Cons: pay
worst place I ever worked at, bad managers, boring, laborious when actually needed to work, equal to a fast food job
fun place to work and can put your own movie on to look at while you work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fairfield, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free movie, good hours
Cons: low pay
it a fun place to work with nice people and you get free movie rental so you can see everything that comes out
Exposure to a lot of movies including New releases
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: ability to rent new release movies before available to general public.
Cons: late shifts, not getting off until 2am or 3am, very slow at times.
Put away returned movies, restock shelves with new releases. Managed up to 6 or more employees with a vary of age ranges. Very late hours sometimes probably being the hardest part.
Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Horn Lake, MSAugust 28, 2014
I love working here the customers was fun the management was great. This job provided me to go to school and become a manager to access my skills which truly shined.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep/Shift Lead (Former Employee), Knox, INAugust 28, 2014
Customer Service was a huge part of this job. I would be responsible for returning movies to shelf, inventory, scheduling and cleaning.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep/Shift Lead (Former Employee), Knox, INAugust 28, 2014
It's always a good time, when you work with movies
Assistant Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, NEAugust 26, 2014
Cons: the company closed
A fun place to work. Love the customer interaction. Enjoyable staff and laid back environment.
Great Place!
Human Resource Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2014
A typical day for me is being able to make the hiring process as seamless as possible to the business. While consulting and informing the business and my management team of any obstacles, and we work together to come up with a plan that will be within the company guidelines as well as be beneficial to the business. My word is my bond and when I say – more... I will get something done for them, they are confident that I will get it done. The hardest part of the job for me is making sure to take time out for myself because I truly enjoy what I do. I love making each and every offer to each candidate. – less
Video Rental
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fairless Hills, PAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free movie rentals
Cons: overlooked for advancement
I worked at this job for about 6 months as a cashier and I also re-shelved movie rentals. Customer service and answered phone calls from customers regarding their accounts.
Very Stressful Job
Store Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great if you like working in retail
Cons: not much room for advancement
This job requires long hours, inventory, customer service, and ordering products. The job is enjoyable in the beginning; but after a couple years; it gets to be time consuming.

1 2 3 4 5