Blockbuster Employee Reviews

Found 1,511 reviews matching the search
Unstable Company in an Unstable Economic Time
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 14, 2012
I typically work the evening shifts starting at 4 pm, ending my shift at 10-12 pm depending on day of the week. When arriving at work the manager on duty exchange information, giving instruction as to what needs to be accomplished before the closing of the store. I have exceeded expectations set forth by the store manager who finds me to be a detailed, precise, and task productive person so most of the "projects" fall to me. This is what I most love about my job and have been awarded a certificate for my Outstanding Job Performance. At the ending of the shift I count all of the monies from the tills and petty cash, filling out the bank deposit, insure all the daily paper work is complete and filed; computer correspondence are updated; cleaning, straightening of store, candy displays restocked, etc; delegating the different tasks as needed. Leaving any instructions for the opening shift lead, I then secure all monies in the safe, set the alarm and lock up the doors.

All my co-workers are enjoyable and we have a great staff of people at our store. We all come from different cultures, belief, and family backgrounds so it has been a joyful experience getting to know each and every one of these wonderful people. All of my co-workers say they enjoy working with me.

Most people would think that a video store would be laid back with a relaxed atmosphere, however this is far from the case. A larger corporation is nothing like the traditional small businesses. We are expected to meet sale goal's with candy, dish network (Dish Network owns us now) and rental passes. We are trained and
  more... encouraged to be very aggressive with the way we present ourself to our customers to drive up these goal's. There will be a reprimanded for not obtaining the sale goals set forth for each individual. All of which drives away some of our loyal customers. This I would list as the hardest and least enjoyable part of my job.

Blockbuster filed for bankruptcy at the end of 2011, resulting in Dish Network buying them out. In the process of this change I have been the team leader in closing two of the local stores, one in Phenix City. AL and one in Columbus, Ga. Due to these changes the future of the company is unstable.

I tend to be cautious, thoughtful and caring; very literal and aware of the physical world. I am uncompromising about my personal standards, diligent, conscientious, organized and decisive. The most important thing to me is living a stable, predictable life and helping people in real ways.
Pros
customer service, friendly staff, work schedule
Cons
unstable company, sales goals, no benefits, no job security
Great job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2012
Blockbuster was my third job and one of the best jobs when it came to meeting different people on a daily basis.

I was working BlockBuster Video, Oasis Lakes at the same time before Oasis Lakes was bought out and most of us left.

I truly enjoyed working at BlockBuster video, from the day I started to 2003, I never felt like I had worked a day in my life. It was GREAT! I worked at five different BlockBusters in the area so, I got to meet people from all over, doctors, lawyers, court judges, law enforcement - including the State Trooper who had to rule on an accident I was in.

From 2003 to 2005 I did go to college for Multimedia Web Design.

I loved my FULL-TIME job. Why did I leave it. Once I started working at Connextions in 2006, it was 16 miles in the opposite direction and I'd have to race home (or bring my clothes with me) to change into my work uniform. I eventually was getting tired as I was working from 7 a.m. until 1 a.m. and going to bed around 3 a.m. Monday through Friday.

I was the Active Seller as no one else wanted to do it. I loved interacting with the customers. Though one or two were pranksters and liked to taunt me jokingly. It was a fun job. Some people loved me enough to bring food and such when I forgot my lunch and had to choose something from our assorted snacks.

I was young, so, it did not bother me, it creeped up on me. I eventually decided I need to be put on PART-TIME. I only worked Fridays and Saturdays from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. It helped. I continued to work, but eventually, I wanted to have more time to myself and my BlockBuster Video paychecks
  more... did not even pay for the gas to get there. So I requested if I could work one day a month.

Other people had that schedule, so I assumed i could do it then. Keep in mind, I was denied vacation time.

With my request, it was denied and the only other option was to quit. So, January 2007, I quit happily. My 1998 - 2007 reign of happiness was now over, looking toward the sky.
Pros
great atmosphere, meet different people daily, fun
Cons
unreliable co-workers, late nights
Free movies, not very pleasant business practices.
Entertainment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAApril 5, 2013
You are usually working with only one other person, which was cool. However when things got busy, it was tough, especially if one of your coworkers were nowhere to be found. The beginning of your shift usually revolved around checking in all of the returns and getting them back on the shelf. It was tedious but it kept you busy. You take calls for reserves and price checks, it's simple and takes no time at all to get used to. The most time consuming part of the job is data entry, creating customer accounts from the registration sheet you hand to the customer. It's really tedious but if you are a fast typist you can get it done fairly quickly, most people are pretty patient with that step in the process. The worst part of the job in my opinion is trying to explain how they have no "late fees", but have a "restocking fee". There's no way to explain it without sounding like a liar, prepare for some dirty looks. Of course, there's also a lot of down time, times where there's no one in the store and limited to only playing G - PG rated movies in the store when you get sick of the promotional videos you wind up hearing in your sleep after a while. As cool as it may seem to be able to watch movies at your job, it's not as cool as you think when you consider how many movies you like that are under PG-13. I hope you like Disney movies, because for obvious reasons you can't play you own videos at the store due to the fact that the entire point of showing movies is promoting what they have in stock. Thank God for Jim Henson movies and Bill & Ted. That being said, you do get 3 free rentals  more... per week (games count as 2 btw), the more movies you watch, the better you are at explaining what's good to the customers.  less
Pros
employee discounts for purchase and free rentals.
Cons
either really busy or completely dead, there's seldom a sweet middle. lying to customers is never okay.
Easy going but boring
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonds, WAMay 20, 2013
A typical day as a Sales Associate at Blockbuster is a fairly simple one. The bulk of your time is spent working the cash register and attempting to hit sales goals. You will be expected to run stock every 30 minutes or so, and to remain up to date on all new titles and specials in the store.

Personally, while here I have learned the value of patience. There are many challenges that one can have with a customer, whether there is a discrepancy in their bill, a language barrier, or someone who is just simply unhappy. Patience will prove not only to be a required attribute for the position, but a skill that you will become well versed in.

Management leaves some to be desired. While the management there is quite personable, it seems as though there are often times where managers will forget (or simply ignore) tasks given to them by their higher ups, ultimately hurting the store.

You can expect a very diverse group of co-workers at Blockbuster, nearly all of which are a blast to be around. In all honesty, the co-workers that you have will be one of your favorite parts of the job.

The most challenging aspect of the job is meeting sales goals, specifically selling Dish Network. Very few people know that Dish Network purchased Blockbuster and started to use the stores as a place to sell their services. Unfortunately, it seems to most everyone that works at the stores that customers are uninterested in purchasing television service while shopping for movie rentals.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the regulars. Not every person who makes Blockbuster a part of their daily routine
  more... is spectacular, but there are several who brighten your day every time they come in. You can expect to make connections with some of these people, and possibly lasting friendships.  less
Pros
easy work, good location
Cons
no benefits, lack of hours, low pay
Charismatic and enthusiastic environment with character
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 5, 2013
A typical day at work is sometimes hard to predict. We have slow days, where we focus mainly on the store and improvements that can be made, or the fast paced days where you hardly have time to think. My kind of typical day at work? Customers buzzing, staff productive, things running smoothly all the while having little time to second guess decisions.

What I've learned from my time with Blockbuster is that no one customer is a-like. Certainly, they may happen to fall into like categories, but every customer has their own wants, needs, and goals. I have learned to address those wants and needs, while encouraging promotions and sales based off the customer's personal interests to not only help the customer reach their goal, but to help us reach ours.

I would like to say that the hardest part and the most enjoyable, happen to be the same thing; the people. Working with management, co-workers, and customers can be draining, or it can be engaging and enriching. I like to make the best of my day and keep people happy, keep people smiling and laughing, and keep people on task. To do so, to tailor to each individual persons wants and needs, is what I love so much about my job. I get to know people, I suggest things, I help them.
I get to analyze a person in 30 seconds and suggest several movies off the top of my head, no? None of those movies, sir? Well have you read this book? Bingo. He likes sci-fi. We have a promotion on new releases. My job is to connect those two things and encourage him to want to rent out that movie, to buy that popcorn. The same while running a shift, I present
  more... challenges and conversation to help motivate, enthuse, and encourage sales, production, and productivity.  less
Pros
free rentals, working with an excellent team, personal interest in product
Cons
management, repetitiveness
fun work envirnment. get to talk to customers all day about entertainment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 14, 2013
a typical day in the life of blockbuster store manager consists of daily paperwork including finances, payroll, emails, sales goals. taking care of bank deposits before opening of the store. ensuring store cleanliness and addressing any training or corrective needs. The most important part of my job is customer service and ensuring all my customers enjoy their shopping experience but making sure team is trained, store is clean and organized, merchandising is according the standards and all team members are knowledgeable
of all goals and promotions to help better serve our customers with anything that will make their experience with blockbuster a great one. Also it is my #1 responsibility to resolve any conflict issues either with team members or customers. As a manager I have learned that if you lead by example and take the time to understand and empower your employees they will do anything that you ask of them sales goals, day to day duties, and customer service. The hardest part of my job is to not take things personnel when a customer is unhappy with a new policy or just having a bad day. Also sometimes overwhelming tasks or changes with no notice (although challenging also rewarding when you overcome them). Also on a day to day basis I deal with inventory management receiving's and transfers of product to ensure no loss to the store profits. Also had close communication with my regional director of operations to help with any needs of other surrounding stores that may be struggling.
Pros
free movie rentals and employee discounts
Cons
no pay raises in about 5 years and company is closing lots of stores
Nothing to write home about
Assistant Store Manager/Shift leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2012
Working at Blockbuster was not a great experience. Granted, I've work there for about three and a half years and I met some great people, it's not what you expect. The number one problem was that the company was slowly going down and corporate tried all these things to try to save the business that just never worked, including threatening employees with lower hours and/or termination if the ridiculous goals of what they wanted to sell was not met. They didn't understand the average customer or took into account the location of certain stores. One of there biggest problems would have to be lack of communication or communicating a lot of things at once. I did enjoy talking to customers about movies, recommending movies and vice versa. The coworkers that i got along with was another great part of the job, but there were a lot of unsavory characters, as with all jobs. But you would think being a video store you wouldn't have such awful people working there, but it happens. Even though I didn't agree with what the company was doing, I tried to make it like a normal video store. Come in, talk about movies, what was good, what was bad, etc. However, I still had a job to do so I would make sure everyone came close, met or exceeded their own individual sales goals. I would handle the safe and give change and meet with the armored guards who would pick up the deposit that I would prepare in the morning. I made sure all got along well, customers and employees alike. Any disputes I would handle quickly and efficiently.
Pros
free movie and game rentals.
Cons
long hours, closing and then opening next day, short breaks or no breaks, company would not listen to "little guys" opinion
Fun work environment, great for just starting off
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 17, 2014
At Blockbuster, a typical work day includes mainly register work with checking customers out. It also includes scanning movies and games in that have been returned and returning them to the shelves to be rented again. Since it is a retail store, a lot of cleaning is expected so there is always something to do. Managers have extra duties that mainly includes a lot of paperwork and store projects.

Since this was my first job out of high school, there was a lot to learn about the business and retail world. I learned about customer service for the first time, money handling/cash register experience, as well as keeping the retail store organised and meeting deadlines with projects.

In management, you didn't experience much of the corporate management, but mainly just your own stores manager. The store managers that I have worked with have all been enthusiastic and exciting people to be around.

The co-workers I have experienced have also been friendly and fun to work with. Most employees have had a good work ethic and are all respectful of each other.

The hardest part of the job is if you are working with only one other person and that person calls in, you are left to handle all of the work by yourself. This requires working a lot more efficiently and prioritising things well.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all of the different types of customers that you encounter. In a retail business (especially a video rental business), you have a lot of "regulars" that come in almost every day and you get to know them very well.
Pros
great people, fun environment
Cons
low pay, irregular schedules
Best place to learn patience and really understand customer service
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2014
This had been the second job I had. My first being a mom and pop video shop, so I already had experience when walking in the door.
I grew up with an extensive knowledge and passion for movies of all sorts, so this job was right up my alley. I started at the bottom doing basic customer service which I loved. This is where I realized I had a knack for dealing with customers of all kinds. There were times in my employment where there had been rumors or changes in policy at the store that did not always settle well with our customers, so taking on the conversations seemed to be a daunting task for most people. I didnt mind. Once I had learned policy I could recite it backwards and forwards. I always made the customer feel at home and helped them understand what we were able to do for them. Some customers just seemed to like being a pain...and that is where the patience came in. I dont think I ever let a customer walk out the door angry with our service.
We always had a very fast pace environment no matter what time of day it was. If we were not working with a customer there were always things that needed to be done and kept us on our toes which made the day go by much quicker. I enjoy the fast pace.
This helped me later with other fast pace places as well as multi tasking.
Moving up in the company seemed to be no problem to me as I enjoyed being there and showed a high level of commitment.
I ended as an Assistant Manager at my final store and was very proud. I honestly think there would be a chance of me still working here if the company didnt go under.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
company shut down
BlockBuster is not the most pleasant jobs to have.
Cashier, Day time Manager (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSJune 10, 2013
A typical day at work is putting on the most annoying outfit and badge. Walking into the store is always a "blast" because customers want to give you a death stare because you were the one most likely to give them the late charge they rightly deserve, but complain about because the "Didn't rent that movie. Never even heard of the Jungle Book." Work is boring because the boss thinks that if he makes the employee work by themselves they will have a fast paced day and will get things down. On the contrary, being by yourself makes you feel depressed and want to be rude to the customers just because you feel bored. But when you have a coworker with you nothing can stand in your way and customers leave happy. I have learned all of the necessary Information to work there which includes: being punctual, know how to do data entry, customer service, product information, how to run the store (I was a Manager on Duty) Management of the store was easy, just sweep mop and straighten, Windex the windows and counters. Co-workers are fantastic their always willing to help you when you run into a problem and are just a good time to be around on the clock.The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the stores money management. With all the data entry and drawers to count including the safe, and keeping up with the bank deposits, etc. It will give you some head aches. The most enjoyable part is that i can take any movie or game home without paying for it and without having to worry about a return date.
Pros
free movies and games
Cons
hours
BLOCKBUSTER REVIEW
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 20, 2012
Blockbuster treats their employees like low-class slaves. They expect a ridiculous amount of contribution for very little wage.They require employees to work until Midnight even on holidays and never promote the people who deserve it most. A company based on favoritism. I requested a transfer since I was moving out of the city because a Community College was offering me a scholarship that only applied to that particular school and the district manager laughed at me. I even went to local BLOCKBUSTERS in the new city and they said they need more employees and my store admitted to having too many but the District Manager was hesitant to help. My brother worked in an other state and told me similar stories. My friend lives across the country and works at BLOCKBUSTER and even told me she has heard of many stories similar to this. I am not some lazy, unethical, non-enthusiastic employee. I have shown nothing but commitment and dedication to BLOCKBUSTER. I had given them nothing but flexibility in all aspects even hours and numerous times they have cut hours down to the single digits for weeks straight. They work their managers hard constantly because they are already receiving benefits and lie about store locations that are closing. I lost my job because they told me 5 days in advance that the store is closing when for weeks they promised we were not. Only advantage is you get as an employee the ability to rent 10 free movies or games a week. But if you return it late you get written up!
Great team who were all informative, movie loving, team players
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 23, 2014
As operations manager, I counted deposits, safe monies, made bank runs, and all communications were read and followed through before opening of store. I also closed the store, counted down the tills to create the deposit.
My title also required me to ensure the store was running at audit passing levels, such as security and safety, paper trails, and following all communication requests from corporate.

I have learned management duties, including how to ask employees how to complete an assignment, opening and closing of a store, receiving and exporting merchandise, along with navigating any obstacles that may arise during a shift.

My co-workers were all great, I never have a problem when working with others. I get along great on my own, as well as a team player, a balance between the two is my desired working conditions.

The hardest part of the job was adhering to the policy that "the customer is always right" in instances when I know that they were lying to get a free rental, late fees removed, etc.

The most enjoyable part of the job, that I will miss dearly, was that I was able to talk about movies for seven to eight hours everyday. I gave insight to all movies, including my opinions, critic's thoughts, as well as the frequency of rents. I will miss it, that's for sure.
Pros
free movie rentals, employee discounts, talking about movies all shifts.
Cons
they went out of business
Loved working there I had a great staff and customers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAApril 15, 2014
Managed the daily operations of an entertainment retail and rental facility. Focus on strong customer service. Developed and implemented marketing activities to increase sales volume of this location and throughout the company. Maintained a high level of communication with staff, upper management and customers to generate a positive financial return for the company. Ensures that daily merchandising guidelines were met and maintained. Managed inventory of a retail location with an annual revenue of 600,000 and greater. As well as managed multiple stores at the same time. Hiring and developing new and current staff for manger assistant, marketing manager, operations manager and customer service representative positions. Managed a staff of up to twelve employees. Evaluated and reported staff performance. Corresponded with vendors. Created reports and reported to human resource in a timely manner. Other activities included but not limited to, shipping and receiving, processing accounts receivable, preparing payroll, labor control, verifying store funds and cash tills, banking, securing store assets, managing customer accounts and issues per company guidelines, repairing computer hardware, maintaining store appearance, managed store product, and preformed store inventories.
Pros
free rentals of movies and games
Cons
no raises
Blockbuster was my favorite career ever. Truely, this company provided excellence in all areas of employee concern.
Trainer/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  variedDecember 19, 2014
Working with Blockbuster Video provided an exciting work environment of tending to customer, co-worker, and management needs. Preparing the store for daily and grand openings provided me with exceptional experiences of business operations and customer expectations. Implementing in-store promotions provided me with opportunities to exercise excellent sales practices; often producing double digit results. One of the best benefits was the Starmaker training series. This provided training and rewarding opportunities for advancement, through skills demonstration, at all levels of employment. As the only fulltime Training CSR in the company, I learned to adequately prepare incoming associates to perform high quality preparation, customer service, and sales functions with commitment and diligence.

The managers were professional, committed, and inspiring to all they were engaged with. The hardest part of the job was store resets; at this time there is a great degree of challenge to remain glued to the project more than helping customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was to assist families with finding the best entertainment for their movie night.
Pros
benefits, opportunity, fast pace, engagement, free rentals
Cons
emergent technology
Great fast paced environment with great products, promotions, and customers.
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Carver, Weymouth, Watertown, QuincyFebruary 25, 2013
A typical day in one of my stores (in terms of an opening shift) started with the morning paperwork and the usual phone calls from our eager customers prior to opening. As "Good morning" changed to "Good afternoon", my first employee would arrive and help tackle our daily responsibilities.

Greeting every person that walked through our door, creating a comfortable and friendly environment, having knowledgable staff members equipped with recommendations and feedback for all of our products, matching the correct product to customer, while accomplishing tasks and projects.

Managing the staff was challenging, yet rewarding. Coaching and following up on their performance and helping them reach their goals were difficult at times. But extremely rewarding when each individual accomplished them. This made their motivation strong and the morale of the store high.

I learned a lot working here. Some people look at it as just Blockbuster, I look back on it as one of the biggest learning experiences of my life. A large retail field loaded with promotions and products that would change on a daily basis. Managing, marketing, merchandising, sales and service all moving at a rapid pace.
Pros
great people, great benefits, rewarding, fun, and busy.
Cons
sometimes difficult to work alone due to allotted labor hours.
Fun Entertaining
Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 24, 2013
I loved working here, however the company was very unfair to their employees toward the end. We were short staffed, underpaid, and over worked, and demands were unrealistic. However, my team of co workers was great. We all worked well together, which helped the shifts go smoothly and the work get done in a timely manner. As the manager, that made things a lot easier on me. I learned a lot about team work, and sharing responsibilities, and NOT abusing authority, and not hesitating to clean a toilet just because I was manager. Hardest part of the job, was continuing to keep a positive spin on things when we knew our store was closing and none of us would be keeping a job with Blockbuster. I was offered a job with the company almost an hour away but did not see that ideal for my pay. I loved my customers though. I worked many of my shifts alone when I worked in the morning, and Blockbuster was many of the elderly customers daily routine. They popped in every morning, often bringing me coffee or even just to chat when returning their movies. I really got to know people, and they me. It was awesome to have that connection, and so sad to say goodbye when we closed. It was also great connecting kids that came in with movies they would enjoy and moms could tolerate watching as well (ha).
Pros
co-workers, customers, movies, games, environment
Cons
understaffed, over worked, underpaid, no benefits
Good job to learn to meet quotas, light demands in quotas yet competitive, consistancy in hours, free movie rentals.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZJuly 8, 2013
A typical day of work begins by reporting early to count in your cash register. Then, depending on current agendas, either relief of main cashier will occur or checking in movies from the drop box. If it is a movie prepartion day, possibily helping prepare the movies for the following weeks releases. During the shift the same events will occur. Also, stocking shelves with returned rentals will be needed.
I learned not to only meet quotas with in-store promotions, but to exceed them. I usually led the store in weekly totals in sales of promotions.
Management was actually extremely good. Very respectful and understanding.
Co-workers became like family. I still keep in contact to this day with some.
The hardest part of the job was actually the sales, even though I was excellent at sales, the programs often changed, which meant one would have to educate themselves to keep up to date.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to give someone great advice on a movie they might enjoy depending on their personality and tastes. Also, when making sales, analyzing customer accounts to see what program best fits them was enjoyable.
A company with the right intentions, but poor execution from upper level management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 27, 2012
1.A highly customer service and sales oriented place.
2.I learned a lot in my time working there, mainly time management and merchandising techniques, as well as patience and understanding when it comes to dealing with disgruntled customers.
3. From a CSR standpoint i worked with a ton of fun and genuinely nice people, management was like a 180 degree flip.
4. The hardest part about the job was the fact that I was pressured a lot, in my time as manager, to sale, sale, sale to customers regardless of if it would hurt our image from a customer service standpoint. I would have to say a lot of that was due to the desperation of the monetary situation that the company was in at the time, but that was definitely not something that i agree with doing.
5. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely all of the relationship i would able to build with both, customer and employee alike. Many of which are still thriving today. That is my biggest take away from the job, i was put in a position as manager to be able to impact the lives of others in a positive way and i did that as best i could all my days on the job.
Pros
free movie rentals and games!
Cons
bad benefits, desperate work environment
Fun and family atmospher and my Cowokers
ASSISTANT MANAGER/TEMP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSMay 21, 2014
A typical day included getting the store ready to open, going to the bank, getting daily figures inputted, getting employee tills ready, and helping customers. I learned how to be and effective employee who rose from the bottom to one of the best in management in the company and how to run a store. If blockbuster was still open I would be running my own store. I loved co-workers we had fun at work but we all knew business came first. The hardest part of the job was when we were closing I was told I could only keep 3 people and had to let the others go. Selecting the ones to go was so difficult because there were all good workers. I finally decided to keep the ones who didn't have a second job. Most enjoyable were the people I met. I built a relationship with my customer in such a way that they were so sad when I told them we were closing. I can't go anywhere without someone telling me they miss blockbuster and me. It means a lot that they still remember me and service a gave them. Customer service is such a big deal to me. I have actually disciplined employees before for being rude. I don't tolerate that cause without customer you cant have a business.
Pros
fun working enviroment
Cons
some tech a little outdated
Fast pace and sometimes hectic, but rewarding. Able to dicuss the entertainment industry with customers and associates.
Store Manager/District Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 24, 2014
Prepared cash and set goals for all associates. Inventory management. Customer interaction. Greeted all customers entering the store and approached to ask about there needs. Processed new inventory upon arrival. As District Trainer, it was my responsibility to communicate through email and telephone, regarding new company intiatives and policies to various levels of the district staff down to the store managers.

Learned about Payroll, HR, and Inventory management.

I had a positive experience with my direct supervisors. I was held accountable in such a way as to lead to a very positive development of my core competencies and my over all management skills.

Co-workers sometimes struggled with new procedures, but this was overcome with proper feedback, roleplay, setting an example and listening to associates feedback on challenges.

Hardest part of the job was working during holiday hours and getting off work after twelve AM.

I loved interaction with clients regarding the latest movies.
Pros
fun environment centered around home entertainment
Cons
had to work all holidays