Blockbuster

Blockbuster Employer Reviews

job no longer exists
Assistant Store manager (Former Employee), newbury parkFebruary 26, 2015
job no longer exists company folded
Was a great place to work, very fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TxFebruary 26, 2015
I really enjoyed this job, and the people and management were all great, there were many opportunities for advancement, unfortunately the business closed.
Good company to work for when there open.
Customer service and cashier (Former Employee), lake worth, FLFebruary 24, 2015
It was a very enjoyable job. But the management was terrible and not respectful towards there employees. Not a job for advancement and to many deceitful managers..
fun and fast paced
Store Manager (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: movies
Cons: schedule
This position required a flexible schedule and ability to work under pressure. The people you work with will be a fun bunch and you will be surrounded by great movies.
Entry level job
Cashier (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: discount on movies
Cons: long hours
scanning inventory for customers, making sure the store is display correctly and giving customers great customer service. i learned how to use a data base for movie inventor. hardest part of the job would be making sure i clear long lines when it's busy.
best part of my job would have to be the free movies i could rent a week.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative/Shift Lead (Former Employee), Hudsonville, MIFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free rentals and work parties
Cons: a lot of extremely heavy lifting
Blockbuster was a very laid back place to work. I learned how to use the software and I improved my customer working skills by working there. A typical day entailed cleaning and organizing the store, as well as communicating with guests and upselling Blockbuster products. My co-workers were fantastic. They were all so nice and welcoming, which made my move to Grand Rapids a breeze. I would have to say that the most challenging part of working at Blockbuster was trying to understand what a person was looking for in a movie so I could recommend the perfect one. The whole experience working with the Blockbuster company was very pleasant and very fun, my co-workers were amazing and the managers genuinely cared about us. They also offered great benefits and extras for their employees.
Productive Learning Experience
Associate/Sales of Supplies (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2015
At work, it would be pretty quiet. Co-workers doing what they are told. My co-workers were friendly as they were assisting each other when needed and myself when needed. I've learned how to sort, pack,price and stock inventory as well as working with the register.The hardest part of the job would have to be pricing the inventory correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was sorting and packing the inventory in its proper places.
Horrible employer
Store Manager (Former Employee), hurst, txFebruary 19, 2015
Great pay and ok benefits bu executive management did not know how to run the company and lt was bleeding cash and eventually went out of business
Stepping stone
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Levittown, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: strong customer service
Cons: false promises
Kmart was an OK company in the beginning promising good wages rapid advancement and a team environment. towards the end not so much
fun place to work and enjoyed my co workers
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2015
One of my funniest places to work and made lots of friends. I learned a lot about the different types of movies and games. I also enjoyed the different types of movies that our customers enjoyed watching. Get company to grow with but unfortunately the company sold off.
Great place to work, too bad they went broke.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Acton, MAFebruary 16, 2015
Loved the customer service and being a quality entertainment provider. Too bad they were mismanaged to the point of bankruptcy.
Fun place to work
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee WisconsinFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free movie rentals and benefits were excellent
Cons: long hours very busy keeps you on your toes
Love movies this is the place for someone who does or it was. I was hired in as a manager and with hard work became a senior assistant . Typical day was very busy entertainment is big busy but I really had a lot of fun
If you love movies, a great place to work.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: overworked sometimes because of short staffed
Worked my way up from a sales associate to a shift leader. Supervised up to four employees on peak shifts. Did paperwork, converted rentals to buys, helped on register, handled customer complaints, called for collecting of late rental fees. Set up displays, priced movies, prioritized tasks, continual training had to be completed, hand out tasks to employees, train, and customer service. Free movie rentals of new movies not yet released (so we could give customer reviews and recommendations) was a real pro if you love watching movies. Disgruntled customer was the hardest part, no one ever remembered renting the movie they got the late fee on, go figure.
Great place to work. Good people to work with
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Panama City, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Work days are very easy. Management and co-workers were great one would really feel as if they were with family. There is nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part to me was the time spent with management and co-workers.
i liked blockbuster
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAFebruary 10, 2015
blockbuster allowed employees to take home ten movies each week, including the ones that weren't even out on the shelves yet, we would be busy on a Friday and Saturday night. It would be open until twelve which was super tiring for all of us.
Great Fun work enviroment
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: happy fun work environment
Cons: low pay and ok benefits
Flexible hours, great teamwork and fun work environment.
Movie knowledge, inventory and maintenance of products, Customer service.
It was going down the tubes.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAFebruary 9, 2015
I worked there during its slow slide into nothingness. The policy would change constantly. They were trying so many new things to stay afloat it was hard to keep up.
Great Learning Opportunity
Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, CAFebruary 8, 2015
Before they went out of business, Blockbuster was a great opp to be in management at such a young age. They taught me to manage and prioritize and of course the five free movies were pretty awesome
Productive and Good atmosphere
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bastrop, TexasFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good pay, good hours
Cons: short lunch break, no flexiability
The most enjoyable part of this job was my co-workers, they were positive and kind. A typical day was pretty calm, and quiet but we all kept busy restocking, checking in movies, and cleaning duties.
rental
Store Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2015
Balancing cash drawers and daily deposits, updating store records, supervising the inventory process, managing multiple projects in merchandising and advertising, writing online communication updates, as well as disseminating information gleaned from district conference calls.

1 2 3 4 5