Blockbuster
1,626 reviews

Blockbuster Employee Reviews

Fun environment
CSR (Former Employee), McKinney, TXMay 18, 2015
Provided service to Blockbuster Online customers such as setting up accounts, taking payments, helping put movies in their que and answering any gen
Short term employment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2015
I learned excellent Customer service skills. I was a sale associates, and worked part-time while I was going to school full-time,
Fun Place to work
DISTRICT MANAGER / SENIOR STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Puerto RicoMay 16, 2015
Pros: Free movies
Cons: Technologically obsolete
Responsible and accountable for driving store business results by creating a positive store experience, having the best employees in place, ensuring marketing execution, and managing expenses.
Extremely fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Santee, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great pay, Awesome atmosphere
Cons: The business went downhill
I was responsible for customers experience from when they walked in to the store until they left being excited to watch the film I recommended for them
I learned that work doesn't have to be so stressful when you have so many duties along with the responsibility of customer service
Management was very relatable and easy to communicate and work with
Co-workers were fantastic with being team
Every morning we had go-backs and those would pile up over night, they became time consuming and sometimes rolled over into the serving of customers.
I thoroughly enjoyed relating and recommending films for the customers and keeping up with new films coming to the store.
Free movies and games.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Mundelein,ILMay 4, 2015
Pros: Free Movies and Games
Cons: Too many changes in upper-managment
Good first job where I was promoted within a year and performed a variety of tasks including:

- Responsible for cash flow (entrusted with code to safe/vault)
- Inventory maintenance; pricing and tagging
- Schedule planner
- Customer Service Repersenaive
Fast paced work environment.
General Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 1, 2015
Pros: Free movies/ bonuses
Cons: Company bankruptcy.
Typical day included review financial reports and making deposits. Courtesy calls to customers for late items. Merchandising products. Cash register operation.
Upper management was great- daily contact and meetings.
Company management was not in tune with the rapidly changing video rental/ retail market.
The difficulty in working- antiquated technology ( registers, software, and an inability to service the online market effectively)
Great co-workers.
Working with and watching movies!
Worst job
Cashier Service Representative (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYApril 29, 2015
Pros: watching the movies
Cons: poor job security and bad corporate bad people
• Helped customers and worked at the register
• Processed inventory/processed returned movies and games
• Loss prevention/security
• Organized merchandise/store maintenance
Fun and organized environment that also had awesome employees.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maple Valley, WAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Good environment, friendly co-workers
Cons: Short Breaks, minimal hours
I would stock and put back movies, check them in and out, maintain a clean environment, stock products, do some inventory, and help customers to find what they were looking for or suggest something for them. I learned how to be a good team-worker and some excellent organizational skills. The hardest part of the job was doing inventory. I enjoyed the fun and friendly environment with the co-workers and the customers, everyone got along and we were all successful at the job.
customer service
Customer service rep (Former Employee), phxApril 26, 2015
I would help restock the shelves and help customer find what they are looking for. Sales and new accounts and cash count and clean the store
Great to Work at If they Still Existed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glendora, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Free movie and game rentals
Cons: Doesn't exist anymore
The perks of free movie and game rentals were sweet while they lasted. Unfortunately,the business shut down. Goodbye Blockbuster! BBFL!
Technology is ancient
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 23, 2015
Pros: Free Rentals
Cons: Always alone on weekdays
Weekdays the manager is working alone.
Computers are a bunch of dinosaurs, takes forever to get tasks done and require the user to do most of the computer's work.
Hardest part was being alone and trying to run to the bathroom before anyone else comes in... and someone always comes in...
Another hard part is trying to sell Dish Network to the customers, each employee gets 6 weeks to sell 1 dish subscription or they get fired, after the sale happens your 6 weeks reset and you are racing against the time again.
Most enjoyable part was the easy-going day and free movie/game rentals.
Fun place to work with a great staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSApril 16, 2015
Pros: Free movie rentals
Cons: none
Blockbuster was an extremely fun job with great people. The management was excellent. The pay wasn't the best, but it was made up for in the job culture.
Providing great customer service and staff management
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Loveland, COApril 14, 2015
A great job where I advanced quickly with a company that was unfortunately going under. Great environment and I was able to take away a lot of skills from my learning.
Fun, Fast paced retail environment.
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Patterson, CAApril 14, 2015
The operation of an advanced point of sales system helped me keep track of rentals and fees. I helped take massive inventories of the store at a fast pace and helped maintain the stores organized and professional look. The hardest part of the job was promoting our rewards club, and getting guests to join. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with media that everyone could relate to, and of course with the customers.
Goal was to be the leading entertainment provider of movies and games.
Manager - Store & Retail Operations (Former Employee), Waukesha, WisconsinApril 14, 2015
As Store Manager it was my responsibility to my team in the execution of sound operational practices while providing outstanding customer service and satisfaction.
Video market was dimensioning stores were not profitable
Store Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, MSApril 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Not able to evolve with the format change of the market
Blockbuster was a great company to work for. After the decline in video rentals, stores began to loose profit along with market share. Stores closed at a dramatic rate.
horrible company
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2015
I stuck here a long time, partially because it was all I knew, but because it was a fun job. Once I left there I went back to school and fell in love with the legal profession.
fun
Shift lead manager (Former Employee), columbus ohApril 9, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: money
help customer find and buy rent movies and games. sales of product and services. I learned the right way to give good customer service. management team was really good at development. the hardest part of the job was defusing
Enjoyed my team members
Store Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 6, 2015
Company closed it's doors after failure to see what the future held. Everyone wanted to be the millionaire but no one wanted to see the other end of the spectrum.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIApril 3, 2015
It was a fun place to work. The hours were long, but it never felt like that. I enjoyed my time there but unfortunately they did close. So I had to move on.

1 2 3 4 5