Blockbuster Employee Reviews

Fun, always busy, flexible hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Grass Valley, CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, kept busy, great atmosphere, learned valuable skills
Cons: Late hours, younger kids lack of responsibility, physically challenging
Blockbuster was a fun job that allowed me to further develop my management skills and pursue my hobby. I liked our regular customers and most of the employees were teenage kids or college kids needing a flexible job and easy work. I liked being the assistant manager because it kept my mind busy and I learned a great deal about finances and dealing with issues that customers brought to me for help in resolving. I liked that they promoted the idea that work should not only be serious but fun.
Great co-workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Fun enviroment
Cons: No lunch break for managment
Was fun, loved going to work and seeing my co-workers and our customers. Some of the management was not great but others were beyond great and made it fun to go to work. It was great doing over night inventory manger would make it enjoyable. Hardest part working 9am to midnight or 5pm to 6am.
Great job and wonderful customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2015
I loved the great benefits and all the interesting customers that comes in and out of the store each day plus my co-workers were like family to me.
Fun workplace with Free movie rentals/games
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours and Free rentals
Cons: Went out of business
Log into the register and start your shift by checking in movies/game rentals. You would then return them to the sales floor and assist customers meet their entertainment needs. Assist customers at the register, offer to upgrade their account so they could make the most of their experience. I learned how to interact with a variety of customers and how to meet their various needs. I thought all the management was very motivational, understanding and that they cared for all employees. My co-workers were all different, but they were all fun. The hardest part of my job was standing for extended lengths of time. The best part of my job was relating to a variety of customers and ensuring they were taken care of.
Working for Blockbuster Videos
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 23, 2015
Working for the Blockbuster Videos was not a good place for my work potential. It was a nice place to work but I had much more to offer than the business construct had to offer.
I loved this job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), West Memphis, ARJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
This was probably one of my favorite jobs. The only problem I had here was finding a trust worthy crew, and right towards the end we finally had that.
Awesome experience to work, there was always something new to learn
Sales Operation Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NvJuly 22, 2015
Pros: PTO, insurance benefits
Cons: The store shut down
Consistently provided professional, friendly and engaging service. Displayed enthusiasm and knowledge about the businesses movies and media products. Appropriately suggested additional items to customers to increase sales. To reach business goals developed positive working relationships with customers and other employees. Correctly calculated charges and collected payments. Was responsible for end of day balances and all employees on shift.
Starter job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Eastchester, NYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: free movie rentals, discounted membership
Cons: Management wasn't helpful
Blockbuster closed some time ago. It was my first real job. It was decent. Simple tasks, like alphabetizing the shelves by category. Restocking the returns, checking movies out that customers wanted to rent.
Blockbuster Videos was a very fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Talking movies and video games
Cons: There really weren't any cons except that the company went out of business.
A typical day at Blockbuster Videos consisted of running the register, dealing with customers, fronting shelves, and keeping a clean work place. This job wasn't hard in any sense of the word. The job itself was enjoyable.
It was a wonderful place to work,i enjoyed the customers and enjoyed the staff too.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Boiling Springs, SCJuly 22, 2015
A typical day was waiting on customers and stocking new movies out . On Tuesday we got new movies an some customers were they waiting to the doors open and some would call to to hold the movies until they got there
Great people and very sorry to see the company go
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Alton, ILJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Team-building activities, flexible schedule, wonderful poeple
Cons: Very short breaks
I absolutely loved working here, and I am very sorry to have seen the company go bankrupt. I really miss being here and the managers were beyond awesome. The benefits provided really helped in the long run, and I am happy to say I still talk to a lot of the people that I worked with.
Cant complain for minimum wage
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: always got hours
Cons: bad co-worrkers
It was just ok, nothing special.....You got all the hours you needed. Bosses weren't too bad. People were friendly. I loved they interaction and fun times
Manager Skills
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Millville, NJJuly 20, 2015
Was responsible for creating a positive customer experience to ensure quality service and excellence. Managed multiple projects to ensure an increase in productivity as well as to enhance the company’s bottom line. Expedited tasks with accuracy, precision and professionalism.
Fun work place with Friends
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fresno,CAJuly 18, 2015
Open store to great employees, customers. Best job I ever had still friends with all employees. Best part of the job was meeting great people, worst part of the job Inventory.
Fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Free movies and games. Great customers.
Cons: Poor benefits. Stores shut down.
Fast paced high intensity fun work place great customers.
Learned a lot about running a business and coaching up employees and training employees. Learned a lot about sales marketing and merchandising.
Amazing group of coworkers.
Hardest part of the job was keeping it alive for as long as we did. Plus insane sales goals.
The customers and my coworkers were amazing.
Great place to work. Made life long friends there
District Training Store Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Great benefits life insurance etc. free movies
Cons: Had to work holidays, weekends, nights
I enjoyed working at Blockbuster and would still be there if the company would not have gone out of business. I thought it was a great company to work for.
Productive and fun place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 15, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: no breaks
Was in charge of daily management routine and taking are of all customer needs to ensure that the customer had a pleasant visit
Video rental/sales
Store Manager (Former Employee), Fishers, INJuly 15, 2015
Manage a store location with approximately 4-5 employees
Maintain cost and the overall appearance of the store.

Management did not provide much support to the store level employees.

Meeting difficult sales goals.
Great Basis for Improvement
ENTERTAINMENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Inspired to become a business manager.
Cons: Poor training.
The management was immensely terrible. Poor training. Management would set meetings for co-workers' opinions to promote sales within the entertainment industry's products, but ridicule the responses which inspired me to go to college and show how to properly lead with integrity, respect, and compassion.
Loved the company
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Great employees
Cons: Short breaks
When I first came into Blockbuster, due to a close friend, I loved it. The environment, the employees, and even the customers. Blockbuster was a great place to work for anybody who loves movies.