Blockbuster Employee Reviews

Found 2,009 reviews matching the search
Fun and reliable work place.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORApril 6, 2017
The other employees and very nice, and management is understanding and friendly. Small business with a family feel, and a chance to grow in your work. I have learned how to handle money and how to have good conversations with customers. I have also learned the ropes of management in a retail establishment.
Pros
Good work environment, steady paced, fun people.
Cons
unpaid lunch, no insurance benefits.
This was a great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2017
Blockbuster was a great job free movies customer interaction , Sales goals great staff and management it was like a family . Blockbuster has closed its doors .
it was an alright place to work, fast past at nights
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL 60061April 4, 2017
i usually worked in the mornings alone until the next manager came in for the closing shift. nights would be just me and a cashier, during the closing of the store was the worst. i was very pregnant at the time and had to train a new cashier. things would get stolen due to high volume of customers and only two people on shift.
Pros
got to watch new movies before anyone
Cons
short staffed
This position was a fun and interactive job.
Assistant Store Manager /CSR (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILApril 3, 2017
A typical day of work was helping CSR training. Working cashiering. Complying with a weekly MAP for the store. Setting up sales and promotions for weekly movies and sales. The hardest part was the physical part of movie and shifting the New Release wall for the upcoming films for the next week.
Pros
lunch breaks and employee discount
Cons
401k, health, dental, vision insurance. Paid vacation.
fun workplace and got to watch all new release movies
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 2, 2017
I loved working for blockbuster there was opportunity to advance they worked with my schedule and the people I worked with was great we worked as a team there
I miss blockbuster
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKApril 2, 2017
This was the most fun and best job I have ever had. I wish the company werected still in business today. I have zero complaints about blockbuster. Best. Job. Ever.
Ok company!
Content Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 31, 2017
Culture of the company was ok, mentor-ship was nice, but the disconnect from the higher ups was very apparent. A lot of individuals came off as if they had one foot out the door.
Pros
Free coffee and bagels
Cons
bad corportate structure
Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 31, 2017
Go in, stock movies/games and provide great customer service. I learned awesome communicating skills. Management just wanted us to be the best we could be on the job. The cultural vibe was fun and friendly. The hardest part of the job was finding exactly where movies/games had to go in alphabetical order and making sure to correct movie/game was in the correct box based on if another coworker had check it out first. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking home free movies/game and bringing them back of course.
Video Account Management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 31, 2017
This company was a great company to work for. The company not only give benefits to its workers, it allowed free movie rentals to its workers. I would work for this company again.
Place to rent movies, great atmosphere, fun employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 31, 2017
This job was an actual first job that I enjoyed working at. I was great at working with the customers, helping them find whatever it is they needed. I enjoyed the atmosphere with the coworkers and the customers. It overall was a great experience
Pros
Great atmosphere, never boring
Cons
Short breaks, no healthcare, manager would take out his anger on the other employees
The best job that I've ever had!
Customer Service Representative, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 24, 2017
Come to work and talk about movies, TV shows,and video games is what I love doing anyway. And then I got paid to do it, while getting free movie and game rentals, and great discounts for the movies and games that I wanted to own. How much better could it have gotten? For the most part, management was great. Some of my best friends to this day were my managers at Blockbuster. The culture was awesome, diverse, and fun. The hardest part was answering the really bad questions and the bad decisions that the CEO's made which lead to it's demise. The best was everything else that I mentioned before that.
Fun environment with great benefits
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2017
During my years with Blockbuster I perfected my customer service skills as well as how to manage and maintain a proper staff. Daily duties included making deposits and ensuring daily actions performed. Maintained inventory in accordance to company requirements. Organized sales with multiple stores and store managers.
Pros
Great benefits ( both health and vacation)
Cons
fluctuated hours made family time difficult
Was a very good place to work for
CSR/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
No longer in business, but when they were in business, It was a very good company to work for , fast paced, busy, management was very nice. Its sad that they went out of business.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
blockbuster
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 21, 2017
The company was mismanaged and unorganized. Another associate and I would spend a lot of time trying to fix mistakes of other associates. Not a good work place.
Pros
experience
Cons
bad management
This company not longer exist
Manager, Marketing Finance and Accounting (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2017
Company went into bankruptcy and not longer exist. When I worked there, lots of interesting work was done from the accounting, reporting, and operations.
Cons
Bankruptcy no longer in existence
Great work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 15, 2017
I loved the people I worked with, but the higher-ups had no connection with the people on the ground. They implemented ideas and promotions that didn't make long-term sense.
Pros
Free rentals, great co-workers
Cons
30-min lunch breaks
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleona, PA 17042March 15, 2017
Fun place to work. I learned a lot about different things working here. To bad they closed the stores. I liked meeting new people and getting to know them.
Very fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 15, 2017
Great starting job with a wide variety of tasks throughout the day. Great customer service building exercises. Good retail experence building. Opportunities to learn retail tasks such as product inventory
Pros
free movie and game rentals
Cons
no breaks
Company went out of business
Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2017
Blockbuster was a fun and rewarding place to work. Employees were valued and compensation was fair. Unfortunately focus on future direction was unclear.
Bankrupt
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLMarch 14, 2017
Took my life and soul. I managed 3 then 2 stores within a short time of hire but the company was managed poorly and did not adapt to changing business conditions and technology and went bankrupt.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blockbuster. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval