Blockbuster Employee Reviews

Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NY 11375February 3, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. Too bad the company closed due to streaming. The small discounts didn't save any money. I didn't enjoy getting out at 1 or 5 am.
fun enviorment
MANAGER ON DUTY (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Although my time their was fun it was short lived. The locations near me have all closed down now. I miss the perks of working their but with technological advancement it could not keep up with the competition.
Pros
fun perks
Cons
customers may not always be the most pleasant
Very Fun Friendly Enviroment
Assistant Manager/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCFebruary 1, 2018
Blockbuster is a fun place to work. You get to share great reviews on entertainment and become really down to earth with your customers. I was extremely sad to leave when the company had to close down.
Fun Place
Store Operations Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 31, 2018
I was a young man when I began working at Blockbuster. It was a great first job for someone my age. It taught me a lot about customer service which helped me with my future postions
Video Rental Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CAJanuary 31, 2018
I miss working at Blockbuster. I enjoyed sharing knowledge and opinions on movies with customers. Helping people find an enjoyable movie was definitely one of the better parts of the job
Bring it back!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Blockbuster was my first job I had. And i enjoyed it very much! Unfortunate that they closed it down, the atmosphere and amazing relationships you make with the customers were unforgettable.
closed down
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Desloge, MOJanuary 29, 2018
it is hard to write a review for a job that is no longer around. The job was great for going to college, plus it was a laid back job. A good part time job
Good
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hazelcrest ILLJanuary 29, 2018
Blockbuster Video, very fast paced place to work. We checked in over 1000 videos each night and checked out as many. Customer complains were very interesting and challenging for me. I had to learn how to not take things personally. I did enjoy getting 7 free movies per week and the office parties.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
was the best place to get movies
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 27, 2018
loved working here, now there are all gone and technology took over like red box and netflex....they need to bring it back. I loved meeting new people and having movie premiere parties.
Pros
customers, employees, and atmosphere
Cons
length of time
Blockbuster Closed
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Inverness, ALJanuary 26, 2018
I love working there. I left when they closed all the stores. my duties as a SM was scheduling, hiring, over all store look. I also in charge of taking the depostes to the bank. Opening the store.
Corporate was awful
SM (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 26, 2018
A typical day at work was great, as long as we didn't hear from corporate. Everything that corporate told us to do ran customers out of our stores. They wanted us to sell so much at once that the customer didn't even want to rent a movie anymore. Then we had to sell Dish, and soon after that Blockbuster closed for good.
Blockbuster video
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2018
It was a good work environment and the employees worked together well the only problem with the job for me was the fact that the pay was minimal even for a supervisor. I would recommend this job for a kid still I'm school.
Working at Block Buster was a one job I wont froget
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Pole, AKJanuary 25, 2018
While working at BlockBuster I never experienced I never had any trouble getting along with my co-workers or feeling like I was swamped with work. I enjoyed my time at BlockBuster
Pros
Incredibly easy
Cons
Incredibly boreing
fun place with free popcorn!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 24, 2018
A fun day at work would start off with returning movies to the sales floor and informing customers of all the new releases. I have learned a lot about the wants of the consumers.
Pros
free popcorn of fridays!
Cons
late night hours
Don't work there
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Blockbuster no longer exists. I was a manager for a franchise video store which was a fun industry to be in . However, low pay even at the mgmt level.
Pros
free movies and talk about movie industry all day, relatively stress-free
Cons
They went out of business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 23, 2018
this place was a terrible place to work at. the pay and benefits were unlivable, and the mangers were extremely incompetent. I wouldn't recommend that anyone work here, and they are no longer in business.
Loved it
Packer (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJanuary 21, 2018
This company was great to work for, It went out of business is that only reason I'm not there today. it was so much growth. This place is messed, all I can say is thanks for the knowledge.
Pros
hours
Cons
went out of business
Company Sold
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2018
No longer in business. The company is no longer in business so therefore they will not be posting any positions on this site. It was a great place to work .
fun place to work, but had HORRIBLE boss!
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 20, 2018
I loved working at Blockbuster, am a HUGE movie buff, so it was really fun, but my boss was a d*ck, so that made for some bad nights at work, but besides that, my coworkers were a blast to work with, and had a lot of fun!
Pros
free rentals!
Cons
bad boss!
great job
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2018
It was a great place to work while the company was around but it sadly went belly up it was a real shame. I loved the work and the benefits were great