Blockbuster
1,591 reviews

Blockbuster Employer Reviews

rental
Store Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2015
Balancing cash drawers and daily deposits, updating store records, supervising the inventory process, managing multiple projects in merchandising and advertising, writing online communication updates, as well as disseminating information gleaned from district conference calls.
Blockbuster fun place to work
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Former Employee), Independence, MOFebruary 3, 2015
blockbuster allowed me to develop and long relation with customers allowing me to suggest different titles from there pervious rental history
Fun job. Enjoyed the customers & product.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: awesome customers, free movies
Cons: no advancement, no commission on sales
I loved the customers and getting to rent movies for free. I also liked the flexibility of the schedule.

I didn't like that the opportunity for advancement within the company was nonexistent. I also didn't like that the position was a sales position without any sort of commission.
fun place to work, loved the customers and the movies too
Retail Sales/CSR (Former Employee), Lee's Summit, MOJanuary 31, 2015
I had a great time working there talking movies to people. I really enjoyed the conversations about the current movies out at the time. Lots of fun
i really enjoyed it
Store Manager (Former Employee), Kingsburg, CAJanuary 30, 2015
I really enjoyed working at blockbuster as a store manager, love helping and getting to know our customers. Best 10 years
fun wounderfull place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), RSM california 92688January 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch, giveaways for working hard
Cons: went out of businesses
all around good job to work at, joy to help customers, costumers were a lot of fun to interact with, fun ways to keep employees happy to work with givaways for sails or cleaning orginizations
Video store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fairview, NJJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free movie rentals
Cons: long hours
Being a manager at a video store had many perks. I learned a lot about movies. I had creative coworkers. The hardest part was 12 hour shifts. I enjoyed learning about movies.
slow work pace, good people
Shift manager/Cashier/Store Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free movies every week
Cons: low pressure, slow pace
I was in charge of opening and closing when i was scheduled to work and also run the day to day operations while i was on duty.My supervisor was a really good guy and would work with the team to make everybody day better and smoother, I learned this from him, that its not about you when it comes to a company its about the company. I would say the hardest part was just staying focused cause its so little to do, i would become bored very easily.
Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), buena park, caJanuary 26, 2015
Great coworkers and customers.
Always something to do.
Great management team.
small town feel
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Molalla, ORJanuary 26, 2015
• Maintained friendly and professional customer interactions.
• Demonstrated that customers come first by serving them with a sense of urgency.
• Shared product knowledge with customers while making personal recommendations.
• Opened and closed the store, including counting cash, opening and closing cash registers and creating staff assignments.
• Received and processed cash and credit payments for in-store purchases.
• Processed shipments and maintained organized stock shelves.
• Balanced the needs of multiple customers simultaneously in a fast-paced retail environment.
Fun workplace
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 25, 2015
This was by far the funnest jobs that I have had. I worked here while in school and loved every bit of it, other than having to work weekends and holidays. This job was simple enough with renting out and checking back in DVDs and video games and also making sure the store was presentable. I also scanned in and out inventory and set up the new floor plans. While we were slow it was nice to have fellow high school students to joke around with and watch some of the new releases in the store.
decent start
Shift sales Manager (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: low pay and extended hours
it was a fun place to work beside the extended hours do to young kids not showing up for work, sales demand were challenging and informational. i enjoyed the perk of seeing the movies and pay the games. overall it was a good learning step.
First job out of college
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free rentals, great store manager who delegated effectively, opportunities for promotions/raises
Cons: closing stores, late shifts, lower pay than most places, unstable work environment
Though the company as a whole was already starting to hemorrhage when I started, my first location became profitable before it was closed. My first location in Springfield, VA came under new management a few months after I was hired (which was a good thing). I told this manager I wanted to work toward a promotion and she started me training immediately. I received two promotions and two small raises. She recognized her employees' strengths and interests and delegated accordingly. I ended up working at that store and then two after that, all of which ended up closing. In the end, the company failed to adapt and made some controversial business choices, which is why Netflix reigns and Blockbuster is the punchline of jokes.
Awesome place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: dish took over and closed all blockbusters.
I loved working here. The staff were awesome considering we were the youngest group of employees out of the whole company. Free movies.
Good Starter job.
Part-time Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Houma, LAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good starter job.
Cons: not enough hours.
Perfect first job for someone and a great place to work while in school. Very helpful with working around ones schedule.
Fun place to work.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Corning, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: a leader could learn to lead.
Cons: the store closed.
Productive goal driven workplace. You could control your own path of advancement.
N/A
Store Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 19, 2015
I learned a lot through everyone I encountered, which then developed me into the manager I am today, but the company itself was not stable enough to support their lower management capabilities.
Fun while it lasted
Manager (Former Employee), OHJanuary 19, 2015
What can I say movies and games and people who love them. It was a fun company to work for but times they are a changin. They shot themselves in the foot by not buying netflix.
Renting out movies
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee), Montrose, COJanuary 19, 2015
Watched alot movies... BEST JOB EVER!! AHAHAHA
great customers with great conversations
Productive and fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDJanuary 16, 2015
helping customers find movies
continually restock merchandise shelves
learned salesmanship
coworkers were amazing
most enjoyable part of the job was talking about movies and games with guests and coworkers

Blockbuster Salaries