Blockbuster Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,816 reviews matching the search
very repetative and the room for advancement is not there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLMarch 15, 2016
this was a very boring and very depressing job. the guest were very rude and the workers were also just as rude. the company had no room for advancement even for the most loyal workers and they were very unorganized a lot of the times
job before i went two take care of my great aunt
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 14, 2016
i liked my job but it was based off sales and never could get anyone two buy what i was trying 2 sell. example movies passes or game passes.
Pros
free 5 rentals movie or games.
Cons
not enough hours
blockbuster
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 11, 2016
blockbuster went out of business years ago because the company wouldn't change with the times and think outside the box.
Blockbuster
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 10, 2016
Blockbuster was a lot of fun. We were able to rent soon to be released movies early. The regular customers had fun with us and felt like they were family.
Pros
customers
Cons
not enough hours
company went out of business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 9, 2016
customer service, New Release set up Learned about the movie business, coworkers were great and it was a team atmosphere
Archaic and nostalgic.
Dish Sales Manager/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 8, 2016
Working at Blockbuster, at times, can be difficult. Due to the decline of the company, the computer systems were outdated and archaic. However, the company taught me the necessary tools to interact with people in a retail environment. Blockbuster shifts were often long hours but somewhat slow. Overall, Blockbuster was enjoyable and nostalgic.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, decent wage, and movie trivia knowledge.
Cons
Slow shifts, and outdated computer software.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 4, 2016
We would get the movies before anyone else did. We would watch them and tell the customers what the movie was about. Got into movies that i didn't think i would care for.
Entertainment Industry
Database Analyst Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMarch 3, 2016
Great company to work for.
Enjoyed coworkers and managers.
Fun place to work
Worked in large accounting department multi-task and reporting responsibilities.
Benefits
Cons
Change in ownership
step into the past of video renting
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 2, 2016
Saw people from difference states everyday who were surprised we were still around. Learned about new movies and old through customers and watching them myself. Although it was stressful at times, working there was something of a lifetime experience that you can no longer find.
Pros
10 free rentals per week, 15% off merchandise
Cons
not enough people to cover shifts if needed, short handed
Good Part Time Work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKMarch 2, 2016
Good place to work and learn the basics of good customer service and management skills. A fun job with entertaining benefits.
Out of Business
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Placid, FLMarch 1, 2016
Again I worked for a company that went out of business. They could not keep up with modern day technology and were forced to close their doors. The pay was poor and the job was demanding.
classic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Was a great job while it lasted especially for movie buffs to bad it went down the hole. Most fun I have had at a job. blah blah blah blah blah
Fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 24, 2016

They are now out of business.

Nothing else to say-they have gone out of business...but this website says I have to add more so I am.

Moving to Pensacola to be with family.
Pros
Free videos
Cons
They are out of business
My first retail job was a great experience that I will always cherish.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 19, 2016
I learned great customer service skills. I also learned great independent skills in the workplace. I was in high school and had a lot of trust and responsibility for my age.
Blockbuster Video
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 19, 2016
Blockbuster Video was a great job while my children were young. It provided a flexible work schedule along with a fun work environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No longer in business
out of business
shift lead (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 18, 2016
when the place was still open it was a great place for a beginners job. this job opened up a lot of doors as a manger and to practice my customer service
Pros
free movie rentals, free candy and popcorn
Cons
went out of business
pay was pretty good but was a stressful place to work
HR Associate/Unemployment Services (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 17, 2016
opened emails and prioritized, checked for incoming documents necessary to process my claims, made sure all documentation and information was scanned and emailed to state.
I learned and gained a lot of experience and knowledge on providing back up documentation on unemployment claims.

Management and co workers had their own duties in the work place, so not a lot of socializing.

The hardest part of the job was sometimes meeting the daily deadlines when the majority of claims were sometimes 50 claims due by 3:00pm. The rushing to get these out on time could very stressful.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I saved the company thousands in tax dollars each year.
Pros
lunches provided on certain occasions, bonuses, and gifts at parties
Cons
advancement, job security
District training manager
DISTRICT TRAINING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2016
Training & development of others, Daily operations, ability to facilitate classes, district business reviews, as well as take part in Regional business reviews as well.
Pros
movement to progress
Cons
Closing stores
company out of business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Inverness, ALFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoyed working here, but it is no longer in business. The every day person is not running to blockbuster and renting movies when the TV and red box offers a much more easier method and sometimes much cheaper.
N/a
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hiram, GAFebruary 10, 2016
Company closed do to low traffic, internet explosion, and streaming systems. There is very little to say about this company.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A