Blockbuster Employee Reviews

Found 2,154 reviews matching the search
Company went out of business
District Leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2017
Fun environment
I learned to increase sales through connecting with the customers
The hardest part was selling the brick walls to customers when the age of online was here.
Management had total autonomy. They ran their markets.
The most enjoyable was seeing my people grow..
Pros
Evvironment
Cons
Refusal to change
I liked it as a first job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lake Ronkonkoma, NYJuly 3, 2017
It was a very good first job to get my feet wet in the job world. I liked being around movies and video games because it made work bearable to go to. I was a big fan of the benefit of getting free rentals but dealing with the customers was awful. The customers yelled at you for Blockbusters rules and rates, meanwhile it is not my decision to charge for late fee's.
Pros
Free rentals
Cons
Rude customers
Blockbuster
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVJuly 3, 2017
Typical day at work was opening or closing the store and handling operations inclusive of a store manager. This store and business is no longer in operation.
The industry is no longer in existance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time there was as able to develop within the job. The things I learned there was helpful is future jobs.

It is unfortuate they were not able to evolve with the times.
Pros
Fun culture
Cons
industry failed to adapt
Buen ambiente de trabajo con una buena oportunidad de crecimiento.
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  MéxicoJuly 2, 2017
Aprendí mucho sobre la gerencia y financiamiento de la tienda, asi cómo hacer inventarios, cortes, cobranza, etc.
Pros
Seguro médico, rentas gratis, buen ambiente
Cons
Salario bajo
Live at work
Supervising store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 1, 2017
You work for Blockbuster Inc., is like working for a good family. Not, only your co workers. But, the Customer as well. The life is amazing in that work place that you really don't want to day off.
ultimate customer service
General Partner (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJuly 1, 2017
responsible for all aspects of business, as a franchisee, from hiring, to payroll, to PNL's etc. Only out of business, due to market changes. One of the last stores open.
Great place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 29, 2017
This was a great place to work. I started out as an associate and three months later I was an Assistant Store Manager. We were typically busy and the staff I supervised were great.
Great learning experience
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2017
I advanced fast at blockbuster. I went from customer service to manager in three months. I learned how to talk to employees, how to manage time, how to keep a team motivated to meet sales goals. Watching movies for free was a plus.
loved free movies
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2017
i always received free movie rental as a perk and i loved it . Best thing about the job was the knowledge I acquired from movies. To bad block buster went out of business , Loved working at blockbuster
Pros
free rentals
Customer Service
Manager (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYJune 27, 2017
Blockbuster was a great place to work at. You got to see all the latest movies for free and build great customer service skills. Place was a bit demanding.
Loved the free rentals
Assistant Manager/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 27, 2017
Management was a joke, most of them were there just for a paycheck. They were usually good at working around your schedule. But if you were not liked you got weeded out fast.
Pros
Free rentals
Amazing fun
Team lead over footwear (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIJune 26, 2017
A typical day at Blockbuster would have been selling movies, video games, and helping customers pick out the best movie for that. Putting the returned movies and games back on the wall.
Pros
Being able to tell my opinion on every dvd, and video game.
Cons
Didn't pay enough at the time.
Fun place to work and I liked the responsibilities
Part-time (Key) Manager (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHJune 25, 2017
I really enjoyed this job. Typically in the morning when I would open the store, I would go into work, recount the drawers, prepare a deposit for the bank, re-lock the store and go to the bank. After
returning back to the store I would get the store ready for opening. My CSR shows up right before the store would open, put any videos and games back on the shelves from the outside drop box and wait on the customers. If a shipment of new games and/or videos came in (always on Tuesday), i would scan them into the computer system and get them ready for the new release walls. Probably, the hardest part of the job, was also one of the most invigorating, on a Friday night having our computer system go down, being busy, having to call tech support to help me with get the system back on line and at the end of the night, still having maintained the composure of the employees and myself, and having the drawers balanced.
Pros
being a part time manager, even though it was only for a short time, enjoying what I was doing, having the responsibilities of a manager
Cons
being a franchised store, the owner closed us, losing my job
the one i worked at closed down due to RED BOX
sales activity and great customer service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 24, 2017
I really enjoyed working there and all the people that worked under me. I had a great team and management was awesome. If I could work there again I would
Pros
watch all the latested moveies before we rented them out
Cons
non
Fun and entertaining job
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2017
I also worked here during college. I enjoyed being exposed to so many different types of movies. I got my first real tast of leadership and moved up quickly. I was sad when it went out of business.
Blockbuster Video
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GAJune 22, 2017
This company was fun at times but they didn't have enough pay roll to allow at least 2 people at all times for security. Their managers would go to the bank by themselves and run a store by themselves for half of the day before someone else comes in.
over view
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bexar, TXJune 20, 2017
The was a good strong company to work for till Dish network bought them and closed all stores. The company is no longer in business. They also closed because of redbox and other online services,
Fun place to work for a high school student
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, OKJune 20, 2017
This company is no longer in operation. Was a fun place to work back when I was in high school. Made friends with my co-workers and enjoyed the atmosphere.
gone, gone, gone..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2017
kind of a same that they went the way of the dinosaur.. at its best, a fun place to work.. always liked helping people find an appropriate movie to watch.. but this job was mostly a supplement to my regular income..