Blockbuster Employee Reviews

Found 2,079 reviews matching the search
Productive and Great Enviroment
All positions (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 17, 2017
It was a great place to work in. Had many responsibilities from cleaning, cashier, and janitorial duites. It was always fun interacting with the customers and giving them my opinion of which movies were good to watch.
Pros
great enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEApril 17, 2017
I loved working for Blockbuster. It was a very fun place to work. The scheduled fit a collage student. It was nice to be able to always know what new movies where coming out and be able to talk about them with customers. I was able to build a relationship with many customers as we have several repeat customers on a weekly basis.
out of buisness
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAApril 16, 2017
even though blockbuster is now out of buisness they were exemplory to their employees. i was an assistant manager which included stocking the shelves, taking inventory making bank deposits, and taking down the drawers at the end of the shift
Family Run business that treated customers and employees like family.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAApril 13, 2017
This is one of those jobs that I really valued. Summer job and the manager took his time with me showing the do/ don'ts, in/outs of retail furniture.
Pros
friendly staff, great benefits
Cons
none what so ever
Meet many new people on a daily basis
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJApril 12, 2017
It was a fun place to work at. Coworkers were pleasant bunch and it was a real team playing atmosphere. You were in an atmosphere where socializing with the customers were encouraged.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Closed
Poor Experience
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 9, 2017
Never received full time hours. Management was never willing to talk about performance reviews or raises. Wish i hadnt wasted a year with them. Was such a great place when i was younger shame it fell so far.
it was a great place to work except for corporate interference
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 8, 2017
this was a great job for most of the years I was there. the last few years the company changed ownership and everything changed. corporate began to drive customers away
Fun place to work, free movies and games, great benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 7, 2017
Had an excellent training department and implementation of the training tools. Movies and music were always on, data base was easy to use, the culture encouraged promotion within, lots of sales incentives build in to excel at sales goals, management received tickets to the Blockbuster Movie Awards.
Pros
Free movies/games, great healcare/401 k
Cons
Closed most stores, long work hours, little time for breaks
I loved everything about this job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIApril 6, 2017
Working for Blockbuster before they went out of business was great. Great hours, good pay, room for advancement, and a fun work environment. I enjoyed working there.
Best Place to Work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 6, 2017
I had a blast at Blockbuster. It's really unfortunate they've all closed now. I learned more about customer service and time management there than at any other place of employment.
Fun and reliable work place.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORApril 6, 2017
The other employees and very nice, and management is understanding and friendly. Small business with a family feel, and a chance to grow in your work. I have learned how to handle money and how to have good conversations with customers. I have also learned the ropes of management in a retail establishment.
Pros
Good work environment, steady paced, fun people.
Cons
unpaid lunch, no insurance benefits.
This was a great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2017
Blockbuster was a great job free movies customer interaction , Sales goals great staff and management it was like a family . Blockbuster has closed its doors .
it was an alright place to work, fast past at nights
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL 60061April 4, 2017
i usually worked in the mornings alone until the next manager came in for the closing shift. nights would be just me and a cashier, during the closing of the store was the worst. i was very pregnant at the time and had to train a new cashier. things would get stolen due to high volume of customers and only two people on shift.
Pros
got to watch new movies before anyone
Cons
short staffed
This position was a fun and interactive job.
Assistant Store Manager /CSR (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILApril 3, 2017
A typical day of work was helping CSR training. Working cashiering. Complying with a weekly MAP for the store. Setting up sales and promotions for weekly movies and sales. The hardest part was the physical part of movie and shifting the New Release wall for the upcoming films for the next week.
Pros
lunch breaks and employee discount
Cons
401k, health, dental, vision insurance. Paid vacation.
fun workplace and got to watch all new release movies
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 2, 2017
I loved working for blockbuster there was opportunity to advance they worked with my schedule and the people I worked with was great we worked as a team there
I miss blockbuster
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKApril 2, 2017
This was the most fun and best job I have ever had. I wish the company werected still in business today. I have zero complaints about blockbuster. Best. Job. Ever.
Ok company!
Content Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 31, 2017
Culture of the company was ok, mentor-ship was nice, but the disconnect from the higher ups was very apparent. A lot of individuals came off as if they had one foot out the door.
Pros
Free coffee and bagels
Cons
bad corportate structure
Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 31, 2017
Go in, stock movies/games and provide great customer service. I learned awesome communicating skills. Management just wanted us to be the best we could be on the job. The cultural vibe was fun and friendly. The hardest part of the job was finding exactly where movies/games had to go in alphabetical order and making sure to correct movie/game was in the correct box based on if another coworker had check it out first. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking home free movies/game and bringing them back of course.
Video Account Management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 31, 2017
This company was a great company to work for. The company not only give benefits to its workers, it allowed free movie rentals to its workers. I would work for this company again.
Place to rent movies, great atmosphere, fun employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 31, 2017
This job was an actual first job that I enjoyed working at. I was great at working with the customers, helping them find whatever it is they needed. I enjoyed the atmosphere with the coworkers and the customers. It overall was a great experience
Pros
Great atmosphere, never boring
Cons
Short breaks, no healthcare, manager would take out his anger on the other employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blockbuster. Our community is ready to answer.