Blockbuster
1,363 reviews

Blockbuster Employer Reviews

Easy work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Poteau, OkApril 14, 2014
The company has closed since I worked there. I learned quite a bit working here for the short time. Management wasn't very professional. The hardest part of the job was to stay professional when management was not. The enjoyable part was renting free movies.
Good Customers, Bankrupt Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Carrollwood, FLApril 12, 2014
Pros: good customer relations
Cons: bankruptcy, no free rentals
I worked with Blockbuster until they shut down. They were fun to work with when they had customers, but they went bankrupt and shut down.
An amazing place to work
Cashier/Manager (Former Employee), Henderson, NVApril 12, 2014
Pros: able and encrouaged to watch films all day, free candy, early access to top titles of films and games.
Cons: store closures made job security a little bit of an issue.
A typical day at Blockbuster Video Inc. involved a great deal of media knowledge. This media outlets included (but not limited to) DVDs, Video games, and Television. This job has taught me great customer service by being comfortable to approach new guests and to initiate new sales. The hardest part of the job would have been restocking titles of films – more... by locating them in other stores. The easiest part of the job was to select and watch films to boost knowledge. – less
Not what I was looking for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Steamboat SpringsApril 11, 2014
Pros: cheap movie rentals
Cons: dealing with movies everyday
Not fast paced or complex enough. Not enough diversity to keep my interest.
The best times of my life
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Former Employee), Yuma, AZApril 11, 2014
Pros: getting free movies and video games and viewing new releases before they come out.
Cons: i can't think of any
A typical day at Blockbuster felt like a Monday morning every day, very slow in the am, but picks up around lunch time. Something that I learned is how much customers appreciated me and wouldn't rent movies or games unless I was working that particular day. Management was great and did everything by the book, but laid back at times. Management made – more... working at Blockbuster Video fun. The hardest part of the job the inventory side of things. The most enjoyable part was getting along with staff and management and always wanting to work with one another building strong foundations. – less
great work place
Shift Leader (Former Employee), san antonio, tx & pasadena, caApril 9, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: company closed
i loved working for blockbuster, it was my first customer service job and i couldnt have picked a better place to start off, it really challenged me to get out of my shell and talk to customers. within the time that i was working for blockbuster i learned so much, it really developed my customer sevice experience. the management was great and the workers – more... loved being their. the company did a great job with providing opertunities for there employees – less
out of business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCApril 9, 2014
Pros: free games
Cons: store shut down
out of business, but before that it was a fun quick part time job. For people who love movies and games this was the job for you
loved working for these guys
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLApril 9, 2014
Pros: great people, great customers, great enviorment, etc.
Cons: went out of buisness
Great job, great people, they treat their employees like they were gold. It is a shame that they went out of business but I loved my job and my customers. Great enviorment and they really cared about the training and movement of their employees.
Exciting
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 7, 2014
I was able to provide the customers with a wide variety of entertainment options. I learned how to make different suggestions by having conversations about their likes and dislikes. My co-workers were always joyous and helpful to each other. The hardest part of my day was not having a particular product to fulfill a customers request. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job was the job itself. – less
Learning experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAApril 7, 2014
Mainly stressful at times, this job was more of a headache than any job I currently worked. The co-workers and friendly environment helped relieve some stress, but it could get hectic at times due to the unorganized system set up.
This job was my life! I enjoyed it very much!
Team Leader (Former Employee), Pennsville, NJApril 7, 2014
Pros: we got five free rentals a week, including new releases before they were available to the public.
Cons: the store is no longer in my hometown.
This was a job that I enjoyed going to because I got to work with the things I love, movies! I stayed busy and loved informing the customers about their options related to products and services within the store.
Friendly staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Visalia, CAApril 5, 2014
Blockbuster is a busy place of work, everyone is rushing in and out all day and it was my duty to make sure they found what it was they came for. To make their visit a wonderful experance.
Video Rentals
Shift Leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, PAApril 5, 2014
Rented out videos and games, not much use anymore with other means to rent.
Blockbuster
Shift Leader/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), High Point, NCApril 4, 2014
Managed 3-5 people, dealt with customer complaints, did cash drops, balancing registers at the end of the evening, inventory control, shrink management, and hiring.
N/A
Dish Specialist (Former Employee), Summerville, SCApril 2, 2014
Pros: nice job
Cons: closed down
company was great to work for, they went of business though, got to talk everyday to customer about movies and such
didnt enjoy working here
Dish Network Sales Representive (Former Employee), Springfield, VAApril 2, 2014
Pros: free movies
Cons: pay management
it was very stressful and low pay I did not like ho things were set up
Very nice atmosphere to work.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 31, 2014
Pros: talking to customers about games and movies.
Cons: no healthcare at all. below average pay.
I enjoyed being the Ops Manager at Blockbuster for approx 1 year, until Blockbuster closed all of it's stores. The pay was not the best for the job responsibilities and pressure to sell constantly. I enjoyed the people I worked with. I love games and movies and that was the best part... To be able to talk to people about what I love.
blockbuster
client service associate (Former Employee), La Habra, CAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: we would get free rentals, as long as we turned them in on time
Its a place i looked forward to coming into work, because my co-workers were so easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was having customers that were impatient.
Excellent place to work
Loss Prevention Rep/Safety and Security (Former Employee), McKinney, TxMarch 29, 2014
Pros: working as a team
No complaints, was a good atmosphere, enjoyed working with everyone, Company and management we very structured and taught you everything you needed to know to be successful. Hardest part of the job was walking the 900,000 sq. ft. warehouse but enjoyable,.
Able to watch tons of Free movies and give advise
Team Leader (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMarch 26, 2014