Blommer Chocolate Company Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Cut throat enviorment
Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2017
I have worked in the top position in this company for 4 years, it has been nothing but stress and people pushing off responsibility. The hours are long and unforgiving and workers are not valued
Molding Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2017
I enjoy working the second shift, I also enjoy my co-worker and the team that I work with its like a family.they get the job done.my Typical day go as follow, have open community with my co-worker, he lets me know if any is running down. we relive one another and I will communicate with the next co worker that comes in after my shift is over.
Pros
a great place to work
Very Stressful.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2017
If you notice the reviews on Blommer chocolate from former or current employees. Most of the good reviews come from office workers, while the bad reviews come from factory workers. That's to be expected since the office workers are sitting in the nice comfortable air condition office and only work 8 hour days and never have to work overtime or weekends. That's becouse office workers perform none value added services. In contrast factory workers
have to work in a hot, dirty, and unsafe working conditions, are force to work overtime and come in on the weekends and sometimes on holidays. But factory workers perform value added work in that they a produce a product that sells very well and is in high demand. Blommer chocolate is not the worst place to work, but is also not nowhere near the best. I worked at better places, but have also worked at worst.
Pros
Profit sharing.
Cons
Deplorable working conditions for plant workers.
Do not get close to this place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMay 22, 2017
Very bad place to work. Employees are not considered human. Dictatorship and force is the language. Operators have not right to express anything. Operators are considered robots.
Pros
Nothing good about this place
Cons
Everything about this company is bad
Very family oriented
Maintenance Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  East Greenville, PAJanuary 11, 2017
Blommer Chocolate is a wonderful place with a lot of wonderful people, a place like this is a hard one to give up , I would stay there is the traveling was not so heavy but now that I am married with a child I can not travel they way they want me to but that is the ONLY reason I am deciding to leave I love them, they have taught me so much and this is a place I would never forget.
Would not work here low pay
Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 25, 2016
Low pay and people look at u wrong way
Hispanic boss I'll think twice my first day training
Nobody would not even look or talk to me
I felt I was denied very unsafe place very hot
No ventilation in building I can see how people would work in. Low pay atmosphere
would not work here
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJuly 13, 2015
when your first work here you start at molding.... 12 hour shift lifting and moving a ten pound chocolate bar... you would be lucky to move to a different area. management only cares about the numbers not the employees..... you are under appreciated and everyone always complains about something. i personally worked as a machine operator making generic m &ms . its a lot of work and you barely have time to take a break, this company expects you to do more work for less pay. i would not recommend working here....
Pros
Cons
short breaks, hard labor, low pay
National Account Sales Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2014
They care about the employees. They offer great benefits. There are many opportunities to learn and grow.
Great company culture and values
Supervisor / EHS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  East Greenville, PAOctober 16, 2013
Company invests in your education.
Great benefits
Co-workers are great people
Pros
Benefits, free lunches, company values
Cons
Some departments are very warm
Good co workers..passionate and dedicated.
West coast Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAJune 6, 2012
Good company to work for, but the mission and objectives of the company are unclear and off track.
Pros
relationships
Cons
lack of strategic planning