Location: New York City
Blood, Sweat & Cheers is the digital media startup for active men and women striving to be fit, be adventurous and make everyday life more fun. We are a 2013 Webby Awards Honoree and have been featured on CNBC, Fox News, Forbes, Glamour and SELF. Past advertising partners include Red Bull and Crunch Gyms.
Blood, Sweat & Cheers is looking for a superstar advertising sales account manager to build our sales team and department. Our new teammate should be self-motivated, outgoing, fun and entrepreneurial with an excellent understanding of digital advertising. Experience in high-volume cold calling as well as pitching to senior executives and advertising agencies is a huge asset. Compensation is competitive, involves base salary, commission and company equity.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage the sales cycle from start to finish: Research prospects, identify relevant contacts, negotiate and secure sales of online advertising and sponsorship programs to lifestyle brands across several categories (ie. beer and spirits, consumer electronics, health & fitness, beverages and snacks, nutrition, sporting apparel and gear, travel, automotive, …)
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and agencies by being visible, relevant, respected and helpful
- Work with marketing director and CEO to create custom solutions/advertising proposals and partnership programs for brands and agencies
- Work with editorial and production teams on campaign ideation, execution, coordination, tracking, optimization and reports
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales goals and objectives and maximize all revenue growth opportunities for BSC
- 5+ years of full-time professional experience with 3+ of those years in integrated advertising sales. * Also have a bachelor's degree in a related field of study.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with experience at a results- and deadline-driven lifestyle digital media company
- Experience selling integrated marketing initiatives across multiple platforms (ie. newsletter, website, social media and events) and the demonstrated ability to sell creatively -- not just to CPMs or display advertising
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple relationships at a time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with refined in-person and presentation skills
- Savvy negotiator who responds creatively under pressure
- Be a fun team player who understands the value and challenges of selling a start-up brand
Send a cover letter and resume. Subject must be: "Advertising Sales Account Manager".
Indeed - 11 months ago