BloodCenter of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

You bleed for this place. Literally
Donor Specialist (Former Employee), WISeptember 19, 2014
Pros: pay was nice
Cons: no life outside of work, crazy schedules
It's almost impossible to schedule anything because you work schedule is never the same, and you don't know what you will be working more than two weeks out. They can change up your hours, or schedule a drive at the last minute abd you are expected to go along with it. This job is pretty much for single people with no life. As soon as you have kids you can forget about this place.
Company only cares about bottom line, not people
Recruiting (Current Employee), MilwaukeeAugust 3, 2014
Pros: pay well
Cons: treat employees horrible
For a company that is in the business of saving lives they care little about their employees. It is all about making money. I would not recommend working for this company.
Harsh schedules
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Marshfield, wiApril 25, 2014
Pros: best crew of workers
Cons: ridiculous schedules.
If you have kids or a family don't expect to see them often. Work 12+ hr days with no breaks. Bend over backwards to help the company and get nothing in return. They say every other weekend but you will work 3 in a row. Put in for vacation 2 months in advance and they will take it away the day before it starts. Supervisors are amazing and understanding but are not given proper tool to do their job. Always understaffed and for a good reason.
Great group of people.
Post doctoral fellow (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 13, 2013
Energetic and high level of competence. Dedicated and cutting edge research facilities. Management needs to support advancement of internal candidates who are well qualified.
A great place to work
Volunteer Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 15, 2013
Pros: scheduling
Cons: opportunity for growth
The BloodCenter of Wisconsin provided a positive work experience overall. The company was very generous when it came to providing work/life balance to employees. My co-workers were very good to work with, everyone worked together as a team. Management lead by example and worked side by side with their employees.
Very structured emviorment,I know I make a diffrence
Donor Recruiter (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 31, 2013
Pros: paid holidays pto earned after ninety days
A tipical day of work is calling our donors to try to get them to schedule their next blood donation. I also remind donors of appointments and take feedback from donors. Redirecting calls answering questions and providing great customer service. I've learned so much at the Blood center, Every job is critical for them to run as they do. It makes me feel my job is important and that im needed in the company. The hardest part of my job is hearing that donors have gotten terminally ill or that or inventory is too low. My co-workers are amazing! Everyone understands the team concept so we work very well together to acomplish our goal.One negative aspect is that as a company the blood center is closed minded when it comes to change. The feedback they get sometimes we use it and other times we don't. Overall great company!
Productive and Fun place to work
Senior Donor Specialist (Former Employee), Greenfield, WIJuly 5, 2013
Fast paced environment but a lot of nice people to work with.
Management is over bearing and staff are over worked.
Donor Specialist (Current Employee), Milw, WisconsinDecember 14, 2012
Pros: donors
Cons: management, no breaks, no respect, 1 week schedules
Been working for BC for years and the only true thing we do well is know how to change policies that do not support the true hard working people and that is the staff. We are so top heavy and yet they keep taking away our benefits to create more management jobs.
There is no work life balance and the work Ethic has gone out the window. We are understaffed on a daily basis and the quality has gone down.

February 12, 2013

The management has egos that need to come down a notch — or two. The way they even speak to others is outright or borders on condescending. They, along with Medical College of Wisconsin in the same complex, need to revamp their HR department and get out the dead wood. The MCW HR Department has a HORRIBLE reputation inside and outside of the organization. The Blood Center probably does too but would be much smaller.

Fast paced, busy, friendly environment
Donor Specialist (Current Employee), West Bend, WIOctober 11, 2012
Pros: close to home, bright and cheery environment
Cons: unsteady schedules
Busy at site center or traveling to a mobile. I have learned how to draw platelets, plasma and red cells.
Co-workers are fun and dependable.
A fast paced environment and friendly environment.
Components Lab Technician (Former Employee), Milwaukee,WIOctober 2, 2012
What I learned about working at the Bloodcenter is that its better to hepl others in need instead of thinking about yourself. I have worked with friendly coworkers and the management staff was very helpful.