Bloom Energy Employee Reviews

Stressful
Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 16, 2017
You work relentlessly and without praise. Be prepared to hate your life. There is no development or advancement. I am not sure what else to write here so I am rambling.
Great company
Dissembly Tech (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 9, 2017
Bloomenergy is an excellent company. Shame I had to leave but I have nothing negative to say about the company. The team really puts their neck out to make a safe, comfortable and productive work environment. If you're a team player and looking to grow with a company, Bloomenergy will deliver
Pros
Benefits, company events, fair treatment, organized, friendly
Cons
Temporary work for some
Great staff, poor management
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 23, 2017
Room for growth if you brown nose, management is very short sighted, plays favorites. Employee growth is not facilitated. Dishonest about onboarding rate. No comprehensive pay scale.
Pros
Great people on the production floor
Cons
Hours are awful for manufacturing, no long term growth
Fun and enjoyable
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 12, 2017
Leaned to see the defects of cells
Hardest when you need to check all the serial numbers and need to match to the one in the computer. Also the time was so late but its okay.
Bloom Energy
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 9, 2017
I was here for a short period of time between college semesters and breaks I would come back home and work here. I believe they were also acquired a few years ago.
Very motivating environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Bloom Energy provided me with a great opportunity to help grow myself in the field of engineering by always keeping me motivated. The work was challenging but the resources and guidance provided was fruitful. I would definitely would like to work with a company with similar work culture.
Pros
Work culture, participation in tournaments, helping each other, freedom to ask questions, etc
Young, productive, growing workplace.
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 11, 2017
Everyone in the company seems to share the same goals and drive. Continuously pushing forward to better the company, everyday. Everyone you encounter has a positive attitude and respect for others.
Good place
East Coast Interconnection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 9, 2016
Cool place to work, nice people and good environment, located in Newark, nice people but they all seemed stressed out about their work load and job
Great mission, start up company
COMMERCIAL PLANNING AND PERMITTING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2016
I was hired to be a Planning and Permitting Specialist for Long Island, which quickly turned into NYC/CT. The fact that this company is still in start up mode contributes to the disarray and confusion that employees in the Operations team face on a daily basis. Work from home is nice, but it's a constant stress managing your projects with no resources.
Good company to work for as long as management doesn't get in your way
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 30, 2016
The starting pay is reasonable, and the job functions are easy enough to learn. The turnover rate is pretty bad, and the conversion from temp to permanent employee is very low. I've seen good employees let go because they exceeded their contract time without being converted.
The management that I dealt with is woefully inept. The leads, supervisors, and management have their favorite employees that they tend to protect over other employees. It was a fun and educational experience, but I guess I learned too late that if you don't find the right lead's/supervisor's/manager's rear end to stick your head up, you won't get far or last too long. The company could be great if they restructured their managerial system and got management in there that didn't act like school yard bullies.
The co-workers are like any other job. Some work hard and are easy to get along with, while others rely on other people to do their jobs and correct their mistakes.
Pros
Good pay, Good hours, No weekends
Cons
Leads are bullies, Management is inept, Conversion rate is very low
They are selfish
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 26, 2016
I enjoyed working there but they judge the employees really quick, and never really believed me when I would bring up some problems.
Pros
cool team lead
Cons
supervisor was not around enough, no ac on the line
good
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 24, 2016
Good place to work and they are always trying to do something good for the employees and for the most part it's a happy place to work .
They offer good benefits and safety training .
Not making money for a reason
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 11, 2016
Had promise but not making the changes need to mature into a profitable organization. Poor and immature decision making processes and money spent poorly as well.
Chaotic, yet challenging and rewarding.
Field Service Planner (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 21, 2016
Chase IP parts through buyers.
Deploy said parts to field depots
Manage Min/Max SS Planning at Field Depots
Manage Planning functions for FUR's.
Collaborate with NPI, Engineering, BU and upper Management on all related issues when called upon using a variety of communications techniques and devices.
Participate in Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
Hold weekly supply call with Team in Bangalore India.
Only good thing was co workers
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 21, 2016
By far the worst company I have work for. Management is completely a joke. Only way to succeed is to brown nose upper management. Doesn't matter how good you are at your job or how hard you work it does go unnoticed and if they do notice they look the other way. The extra work you to doesn't matter to them, they consider it doing your job. This company is going to fail in Delaware causing them to go back to California. They are suppose to have 900 employees by 2017, if that doesn't happen they will have to return 22 million back to the state. They can't even get past 200 employees with as many employees that keep on quitting. I have never seen such a high quite rate with one company as this one. If they replace half the supervisors and half the upper management they have a chance to be a great company. I could go on all day with all what's wrong with this company.
Pros
Good hours, great co workers and easy work
Cons
To many to list.
Poorly managed and constantly adding more and more work wirh no raises
Forklift operator, and in charge of finished goods (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 3, 2016
Poorly managed low pay , terrible training ....
coworkers are mostly good people but very overworked and stressed
out
The hardest part of the job ,but also the most enjoyable is that your duties are constantly changing everyday
Pros
decent healthcare
Cons
poor training
No Advancement here..too many lies!!
who cares (Former Employee) –  sunnyvaleMarch 24, 2016
I worked at Bloom Energy for and I was told I would be a full time employee in a matter of 3 months. Well 3 years later I was handed my conversion papers and guess what? They were"misplaced" A year later I had to re-do all of the paperwork again and guess what? 2 years later I got laid off. I had only missed 2 days of work, put personal events on hold for them. Beware of this company, do your homework. I maybe labeled as disgruntled employee and should't I be I got screwed.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Bad Management, too may lies
Solid work week, never under 40 hrs.
Fuel Cell Tech (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 2, 2016
Has been a great company to work for, solid work week. Good management team. Great working environment, they take their time hiring and consequently hire knowledgeable techs.
Pros
Solid work week
Personal
Project Estimating Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 2, 2016
Bloom Energy provided me with a challenge to create a cost spreadsheet that would become innovative with great results. It eventually became the backbone to illustrate actual costs for projects and was used to renegotiate bid costs with local exclusive contractors for Bloom Energy. It was a rewarding environment and I would recommend Bloom Energy as a great place to work and grow as a professional.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Too far from home
Growing Company experiencing typical growing pains
HR STRATEGY INTERN (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 27, 2015
Working at Bloom Energy has been very exciting. The HR Ops and Recruiting teams are top notch as are the other departments. The company is dealing with all the typical growing pains but they strive towards making the best product to do the most good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloom Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8