Bloom Energy

Bloom Energy Employee Reviews

productive fun for table tannis
Production Team Leader (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 5, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: benifit
work 7.5 hours aday
learn something new
i m a lead
nothing is harder
falexible
i like to work there but work for 3 years no benefit
Technician
Technician (Former Employee), SunnyvaleFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: awesome management
My job at bloom was to build and disassemble power generators. The company was amazing and it was a great opportunity for me. I was a temp there and my assignment wasn't renewed for another contract. I learned how to work with a team in an assembly line which I've never experienced before.
production , fun place
Technician (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Nice place to work , easy and enjoyble ,management is not very nice .
Fun work place.
Assembler Technician (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, ca.January 11, 2015
Pros: no free lunch, pring our own lunch.
Cons: brake time and lunch brake are team choices.
Building cable harnesses, wiring in the system, doing mechanical
and plumbing. Learn a lot building cable harnesses and plumbing
witch I didn't do a lot at Seagate Technology. My co-workers fun to
work with. The hardest part of the job is sometimes they send me to
work at the state of Delaware. The most enjoyable part of the job is
that I like to work this kind of work and also my manager.
Slightly disappointed but hopeful
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Newark, DEJanuary 5, 2015
For a interview process that is more stringent than joining the Air Force, I was a bit disappointed on my first day. The company has a lot of potential to do great things for the world and I was intending on being apart of that. The turnover rate is very high and discouraging but its a young company and I'm sure once production and advancement opportunities increase Bloom will be a more enjoyable employer to brag about.
Good place to work, depending on the team.
Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CANovember 30, 2014
Pros: developing a cutting-edge product, decent work/life balance, successful employees rewarded
Cons: company stability questioned by some
I work as an engineer for the NPI team and it is one of the best jobs I have had. My team has been very successful, and for the last couple years, this hasn't required extremely long hours.

I know some contractors and people working for other teams have not had the same good experience as me, but this is typical for any medium to large size company. Your experience will depend on your immediate boss/director, the amount of unhealthy competition in your department, and how well you mesh with your position.

The company gives good compensation and rewards those who are successful.
Worst company to work for
Systems Operator / Analyst (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CANovember 22, 2014
Do not work here. Poor management and there is little to accomplish at a company with employees who do not credit those who deserve it. No promotions within
Innovative and exciting work
Failure Analysis Summer Intern (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CaNovember 4, 2014
Great work in a company culture where you feel like you are contributing.
Productive work place
Sr. Buyer (Contractor) (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: cutting edge technology - exciting
Cons: supply chain - no leadership due to high turn over rate
Enjoyed my time here, learned new things ans implemented policies and procedures.
Proto-Type Short Run Welder
Maintenance Welder Specialist (Former Employee), Mount View, WIAugust 5, 2014
A career oriented Journeyman Proto-Type Short Run Welder Fabrication / Maintenance Mechanic with a Progressive business offering the opportunity for growth and advancement.
Great startup company to work for.
Process Technician (Current Employee), Newark, DEJune 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: shift, last minute ot
A typical day at work - short morning meeting and then to your stations. In-process inspections start right away. Review paperwork and unit. Start making documentation for days starting units. Ten minutes before end of takt proceed to end of line and inspect completed unit. Get signatures from production supervisor or lead, then scan and disseminate paperwork. Start process again. During down time, write paperwork on nonconforming parts.
Management are good at their fields of specialization, though managing production has not been going well. Took on too much without growing in comparison.
Co-workers - Good people, hard working individuals. Approximately 60% contractors, so people can go quickly for the slightest thing.
Hardest part of the job - When the line starts to pulsate, being at three places at once. Things change way too much and too fast. Communication not very fluid.
Most enjoyable part of the job - has to be the culture of Bloom. Very close at some places but everyone has a voice.
Former Employee
procudtion floor worker (Former Employee), Sunnyvale CaMay 24, 2014
Pros: small company
Cons: managmet is out of touch!
this place is seriously messed up.. their management team doesn't have a clue and changes the production schedule every day...not enough tools for the amount of people they have working there and forget about getting a CLEAN smock...
Dynamic.
Process Metallurgist (Current Employee), Rosario, 04AApril 22, 2014
Cons: inconvenient commute
A typical day starts with a meeting where production updates and high priority items are being discussed and addressed. The team works hand in hand to keep the process going at a pace so that targets are met. I go around the plant to personally check and see what is happening. I attend project specific meetings and usually interact with the key technical people to track any process improvement project that is planned or is in progress.

Bloom Energy took me to the next level of my job. In my previous jobs, I use to take orders or execute test works while in Bloom, I was trained to manage and keep the tests going without me actually doing the test. I learned to manage to keep things together so that I am able to deliver results.

My co-workers are young, enthusiastic, dynamic and supportive.

I find my job difficult when I find myself alone taking on the many tasks that are supposed to be accomplished. Sometimes, there is the difficulty to delegate things.

I enjoy working with a lot of people. Being part of a team and being able to contribute. I enjoy the times that I work independently too especially when I have to calculate recoveries, metal balances, etc. Exercises my brain a lot. And that is fun.
There are no typical days
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: sharp end of the stick for fuel cells, many brilliant people
Cons: paygrade
A typical day at Bloom consisted of any of the following:
-Troubleshooting existing systems/fixes
-Designing parts in CAD
--To improve upon existing parts
--New parts to solve an obstacle
-Work with other members of various teams to push a project forward
-Travel to installation sites for necessary troubleshooting

Hardest part of the job:
- Coordinating several teams to be on the same page for the entirety of a project

Most enjoyable part of the job:
- Seeing a part I developed in use in field units.
Good work environment
Assembly Technician (Current Employee), Newark, DEMarch 20, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people who work beside you. Could give workers more incentive to work harder if they gave you a pay raise. Other than that, work is not too hard and hours are good.
good start up company.
Assembly Technician (Current Employee), Newark, DEMarch 18, 2014
Pros: clean work enviorment
Cons: hiring by temp services
Good start up company.
Friendly Co workers
Clean environment
interesting work place
Bloom Energy
Inventory Technician (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: pay rate
Cons: short breaks, management played favors with workers
Typical day would be filling up needs for workers, kitting, computer use, unwrapping pallets, cycle count. I learned a couple things at this company with computers and solar boxes. Management was not on point with things one of their biggest flaws was playing favors with certain employees. Hardest part of this job was working conditions it was graveyard, cold, and it was not an safe environment.
Up-and-coming company doing big things
Mechanical Design Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: startup atmosphere, bleeding-edge technology
Cons: sudden layoffs, sometimes long hours and weekends
Fast-paced but exciting and young workplace. Variety of daily responsibilities ranging from CAD to prototyping using shop tools to field installations kept work interesting. Opportunity to wear many hats but lack of mentorship. Almost all positions start as contract and typically are not converted for 1.5 years meaning reduced job security and benefits.
Bloom
Material Handling/Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: managment
Great Company and Great concept for the future loved working here
productive & safety working environment
ASSEMBLER/TEST OPERATOR (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJuly 9, 2013
working right on time,learn a lot of basic skills,management so far so good, as co-workers their fine, hardest part of job is went things go slow & things go lack of work most enjoyable part is when company is gaining customer & investors..

About Bloom Energy

There're startups, and then there's Bloom Energy. The company invented the first power generator that uses solid-oxide fuel cells, – Read more