Bloom Energy Employee Reviews in United States

No Advancement here..too many lies!!
who cares (Former Employee) –  sunnyvaleMarch 24, 2016
I worked at Bloom Energy for and I was told I would be a full time employee in a matter of 3 months. Well 3 years later I was handed my conversion papers and guess what? They were"misplaced" A year later I had to re-do all of the paperwork again and guess what? 2 years later I got laid off. I had only missed 2 days of work, put personal events on hold for them. Beware of this company, do your homework. I maybe labeled as disgruntled employee and should't I be I got screwed.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Bad Management, too may lies
Only good thing was co workers
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 21, 2016
By far the worst company I have work for. Management is completely a joke. Only way to succeed is to brown nose upper management. Doesn't matter how good you are at your job or how hard you work it does go unnoticed and if they do notice they look the other way. The extra work you to doesn't matter to them, they consider it doing your job. This company is going to fail in Delaware causing them to go back to California. They are suppose to have 900 employees by 2017, if that doesn't happen they will have to return 22 million back to the state. They can't even get past 200 employees with as many employees that keep on quitting. I have never seen such a high quite rate with one company as this one. If they replace half the supervisors and half the upper management they have a chance to be a great company. I could go on all day with all what's wrong with this company.
Pros
Good hours, great co workers and easy work
Cons
To many to list.
Chaotic, yet challenging and rewarding.
Field Service Planner (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 21, 2016
Chase IP parts through buyers.
Deploy said parts to field depots
Manage Min/Max SS Planning at Field Depots
Manage Planning functions for FUR's.
Collaborate with NPI, Engineering, BU and upper Management on all related issues when called upon using a variety of communications techniques and devices.
Participate in Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
Hold weekly supply call with Team in Bangalore India.
Personal
Project Estimating Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 2, 2016
Bloom Energy provided me with a challenge to create a cost spreadsheet that would become innovative with great results. It eventually became the backbone to illustrate actual costs for projects and was used to renegotiate bid costs with local exclusive contractors for Bloom Energy. It was a rewarding environment and I would recommend Bloom Energy as a great place to work and grow as a professional.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Too far from home
Good Process to learn.
Lead Manufacturing Technician / Operations (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 27, 2015
Good company to work. Interesting process to learn more about fuel cells. good benefits and good Co-workers. company expanding to different states.
Pros
Good overall.
Cons
Bad Managment.
Solid work week, never under 40 hrs.
Fuel Cell Tech (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 2, 2016
Has been a great company to work for, solid work week. Good management team. Great working environment, they take their time hiring and consequently hire knowledgeable techs.
Pros
Solid work week
Cons
Poorly managed and constantly adding more and more work wirh no raises
Forklift operator, and in charge of finished goods (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 3, 2016
Poorly managed low pay , terrible training ....
coworkers are mostly good people but very overworked and stressed
out
The hardest part of the job ,but also the most enjoyable is that your duties are constantly changing everyday
Pros
decent healthcare
Cons
poor training
Good place to work, depending on the team.
Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 30, 2014
I work as an engineer for the NPI team and it is one of the best jobs I have had. My team has been very successful, and for the last couple years, this hasn't required extremely long hours.

I know some contractors and people working for other teams have not had the same good experience as me, but this is typical for any medium to large size company. Your experience will depend on your immediate boss/director, the amount of unhealthy competition in your department, and how well you mesh with your position.

The company gives good compensation and rewards those who are successful.
Pros
developing a cutting-edge product, decent work/life balance, successful employees rewarded
Cons
company stability questioned by some
Not making money for a reason
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 11, 2016
Had promise but not making the changes need to mature into a profitable organization. Poor and immature decision making processes and money spent poorly as well.
Great startup company to work for.
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 26, 2014
A typical day at work - short morning meeting and then to your stations. In-process inspections start right away. Review paperwork and unit. Start making documentation for days starting units. Ten minutes before end of takt proceed to end of line and inspect completed unit. Get signatures from production supervisor or lead, then scan and disseminate paperwork. Start process again. During down time, write paperwork on nonconforming parts.
Management are good at their fields of specialization, though managing production has not been going well. Took on too much without growing in comparison.
Co-workers - Good people, hard working individuals. Approximately 60% contractors, so people can go quickly for the slightest thing.
Hardest part of the job - When the line starts to pulsate, being at three places at once. Things change way too much and too fast. Communication not very fluid.
Most enjoyable part of the job - has to be the culture of Bloom. Very close at some places but everyone has a voice.
benefits
Cons
shift, last minute ot
Up-and-coming company doing big things
Mechanical Design Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Fast-paced but exciting and young workplace. Variety of daily responsibilities ranging from CAD to prototyping using shop tools to field installations kept work interesting. Opportunity to wear many hats but lack of mentorship. Almost all positions start as contract and typically are not converted for 1.5 years meaning reduced job security and benefits.
Pros
startup atmosphere, bleeding-edge technology
Cons
sudden layoffs, sometimes long hours and weekends
Good work environment
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 20, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people who work beside you. Could give workers more incentive to work harder if they gave you a pay raise. Other than that, work is not too hard and hours are good.
Good start
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 25, 2013
This is a decent company with good work hours and time commitment. The down side is that the position is a bit redundant and the job is a bit on the uninteresting side. Hands on is a must!
Pros
good compensation and healthcare
Cons
poor management and company-wide finances
Growing Company experiencing typical growing pains
HR STRATEGY INTERN (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 27, 2015
Working at Bloom Energy has been very exciting. The HR Ops and Recruiting teams are top notch as are the other departments. The company is dealing with all the typical growing pains but they strive towards making the best product to do the most good.
Overall the job is complex but fun.
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CA.March 6, 2012
Although I've only worked there for 6 weeks, I've noticed that it's sometimes slow. Also I've not seen that much work as I expected but when there's work I try to get as much out of it.
Pros
flexible.
Cons
you're a temp for a long time without benefits.
Great company
Supply chain management (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 29, 2015
The company have a great product and great culture. All employee are very friendly and everyone respect to other and we have a good supervise to supports us when we have some problem on the production line. always look in to the objective of the company to see there goal.
Pros
free lunch, Ice cream, T-shirt
Cons
30 company break time
Slightly disappointed but hopeful
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 5, 2015
For a interview process that is more stringent than joining the Air Force, I was a bit disappointed on my first day. The company has a lot of potential to do great things for the world and I was intending on being apart of that. The turnover rate is very high and discouraging but its a young company and I'm sure once production and advancement opportunities increase Bloom will be a more enjoyable employer to brag about.
Technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  SunnyvaleFebruary 11, 2015
My job at bloom was to build and disassemble power generators. The company was amazing and it was a great opportunity for me. I was a temp there and my assignment wasn't renewed for another contract. I learned how to work with a team in an assembly line which I've never experienced before.
Pros
awesome management
productive fun for table tannis
Production Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 5, 2015
work 7.5 hours aday
learn something new
i m a lead
nothing is harder
falexible
i like to work there but work for 3 years no benefit
Pros
free coffee
Cons
benifit
Worst company to work for
Systems Operator / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 22, 2014
Do not work here. Poor management and there is little to accomplish at a company with employees who do not credit those who deserve it. No promotions within