Bloom Insurance Agency Employee Reviews

Seasonal Cycle
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 15, 2017
The season usually begins to pick up in September with hiring, training, and refreshers. Medicare Enrollment starts in October and ends in December after which the first round of furloughs begins. As business declines, furloughs continue.

Management is great about communicating expectations and guidelines and are very open to have conversations about things you're doing well, where you can improve, and advancement opportunities you may be interested in.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Management Communication
Cons
Seasonal busy period, Furloughs Common
No organization. Poor Managment. ZERO Training
Sales Agent- Medicare Advantage (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 3, 2017
I think this company is a scam. I was hired early October for the Medical Advantage open enrollement season. My position was suppose to have ended Dec 7th. They released all new hires on November 1st. There was no training, and they said they did not have enough leads for the new hires. Also hiring new hires so late in the season did not allow enough time to train new agents.
The company seems disorganized, and it starts at the top with poor upper and middle management. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
No brain required.
Licensed Agent in Training (Former Employee) –  Mesa AzOctober 10, 2017
Company is very disorganized. Management has no plan or system in place to handle hiring new employees. Training materials were very poor and trainers are not licensed in this state. Bodies in chairs is what they're seeking. If you have a brain, look elsewhere.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Too many to list
Unless your friends with someone worth something there, don't bother looking here for advancement opportunities
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 9, 2017
A typical day of work here is chaos. Nobody that's in a position to know whats going on, does. I've learned a lot about patience while working here. Not one person in upper management genuinely values their employees. Workplace culture = POLITICS! Unless you know someone in a position to do something, don't bother thinking you can be successful here. Hardest part of the job was maintaining my composure. Clocking out was the most enjoyable!!
Pros
Filtered water fountains
Cons
Everything else
Appreciated training received
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 25, 2017
Constant call volume. Positive work environment. Minimal supervisor support. Clean and spacious. Enjoyed various calls received;customer service is 100% in this company.
Reasonable Pay
Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 9, 2017
Bloom will pay for you to become a licensed health/life agent. The position is not year round as they experience a lot of furloughs due to the nature of the contracts they enter into with the clients. You are only allowed a total of 40 minutes away from your desk. This includes two 15 minute breaks which leaves you 10 minutes, in an eight hour period, to use the bathroom or to get a drink/snack from the basement
There is an outrageous amount of favoritism by management to those who they deem worthy. The job in itself is not hard but dealing with the constant low morale, the holier than thou attitude of the program managers, and the lack of empathy will drain your soul.
Pros
Acceptable pay rate
Cons
Short breaks, poor communication between staff and management, self pay health coverage, being treated as if you are a three year old, the rules change for each person
Interesting place to work.
QUALITY ASSURANCE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 1, 2017
Audit agent phone calls for compliancy. Learned that each a lot about Medicare. Management is okay. Favoritism is rampant. Having to write an agent up for a compliance violation. Helping the agents become better at their jobs.
Pros
PTO time, numerous paid holidays, dress casual attire four days per week with casual Friday.
Cons
Lack of communication, lack of necessary resources, cliquey
Very Friendly
Sr.QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 1, 2017
All the co-employee are very friendly to move.I met the people who were talented in their fields.My project manager is very responsible.The project of this client is very perfect in delivering to
Easy
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJuly 26, 2017
Good paying position for not doing too much. Full time positions but not ever secured spots. Things can change at any time and you have to be okay with it.
Field marketing organization for insurance companies
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJuly 1, 2017
BLOOM INSURANCE AGENCY is a call center that educates and helps license agents in multiple different states. The company has a wider focus now than when I worked there and has switched gears into doing more territory recruiting of field agents.
Pros
easy to do job with a year of experience
boring
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 26, 2017
Be ready to be laid off. This is an office job with very little opportunity for growth, and the work can be extremely boring/annoying as you deal with aggravated customers constantly.
Sales no cold calling everyone calls to for sales of insurance
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 25, 2017
You answer calls for the sales of insurance health and life. Only thing is when health insurance season is over you have the chance of being laid off. very relaxing job enjoyed it very well.
Pros
very good culture to work for
Cons
When health insurance sales are over for the season you can be laid off.
Productive and spacious
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 14, 2017
I love the job and majority of the people. The environment was very professional. The only thing that was bad was they continued to close and reopen the department
Pros
Cons
15 min break
Management team and individual workplace members provide the only motivation to stay.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 7, 2017
While this particular agency has improved some practices and taken small steps to attempt to improve morale in the environment, there still exists a permeating lack of work-life balance. At times there is also a very unhealthy daily environment which directly results from the lack of employment stability, a growing unrest involving the increasingly unrealistic standards imposed upon the workers by clients, standards which the company refuses to negotiate, even to ensure a healthy workplace for its employees and a significant lack of trust between those in administrative positions and those in the lesser paid positions. I can say that the only reason I have stayed this long at this company aside from the need for a certain pay rate to cover living expenses is the management team, of which nearly every member was once in the lowest-paid position and so is the most understanding of the environment and it's associated challenges. They are willing to assist you with coping with the very rapid changes and with the stress of the environment, and also will assist if there is any struggle relating to ability to meet certain standards or disagreements with new establishments. I have a high tolerance for inefficiencies, even understanding for intolerance where certain standards are concerned and I am no stranger to an unhealthy, unstable environment, and the various challenges that are inherent in such systems. I believe, however, that this company requires much internal review of processes and procedures and that there seems to be a significant lack of motivation on the part of those  more... who ultimately make the relevant decisions to do just that. Much change is required to make this a better place for the employees who, as can be proven using simple calculations give a majority of their time to the company, but although there are superficial signs of attempt to listen to employee concerns, ultimately there is no change made which improves conditions.  less
Pros
Management team diligent/ understanding, willing to learn and assist subordinates with any improvements/adjustments
Cons
short breaks, high stress environment, lack of job stability, increasing lack of work-life balance/healthy standards, at times extremely low morale resulting from client based decisions regarding practices/procedures
Positive work place
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 24, 2017
I loved working and still love working at Bloom insurance agency. The problem is job security as this is mostly seasonal and lay off is high after selling season.
Fun place to work
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 16, 2017
There were pros and cons to working at Bloom. The pros you were able to read, craft, crochet, draw or do anything that wasn't on an electronic, like a cell phone or tablet, because it was a call center. There was a basketball hoop and fooseball table at the main building. There were 2 fifteen minute breaks and a half hour lunch. They would also occasionally give free lunches especially during busy season.
The cons were management was sometimes hard to deal with and there was a serious lack in communication. They also furlough after busy season.
Pros
free lunches, basketball hoop, breaks, fooseball table.
Cons
lack in communication, difficult managers, furlough
Bloom Insurance
LICENSED INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 10, 2017
I enjoy working and helping prospects find insurance that will fit there needs. Even if it does not work out for my company I will lead them in the direction that will. I always feel like I have done my job to the best of my abilities at the end of the day. Again, if i can't help I will send them to someone who can
Good paying job
Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 7, 2017
Recently I was furloughed. But its a great place to work. I excelled at the computers. Also, the team was really nice. Would love to go back. Its a great place to work.
Pros
Lunch vendors would come
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to kick off
Software Engineer, Intern (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 15, 2016
- Good work life balance.
- Good products and nice team
- Small teams, so your work is appreciated.
- I just had to write otherwise review wasn't saving hence, some blah blah!
Pros
Good people
A very upbeat environment
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 30, 2016
A typical day at Bloom would be to set up everything needed on your computers. The people who worked there were very energetic and super nice.
I learned at Bloom how to take phone calls, set up appointments, take payments, and answer any and all questions the clients may have had.
The management there was always there when you needed them, never left a problem unsolved. The best thing was how they managed to keep a smile on their face, even when the stress level was through the roof.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate clients. There were times when I had an irate caller call in and blame me personally for what the problem was that they were dealing with. Most of the time, I did manage to calm them down and help them through the specific problem, and they hung up happy.
By far, the best part of the job was interacting with so many different people, whether it was in person, or by phone. You just never know the kind of person you will be talking to next, and that was a thrill for me, just helping people, and making sure their problems were solved.
Pros
clean and energetic atmosphere
Cons
layoffs every summer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloom Insurance Agency. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4