BLOOM Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun place to work
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 23, 2015
Very nice place to work. Filled with motivated individuals who all work together to achieve on goal. The company was really fun and I would definitely work there again
Pros
Morning meetings
Educational work place
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 12, 2015
Working with people from all walks of life can be interesting a learning experience. I have learned to better understand the way people act and how to respond to all type of responses. The management has been quite accommodating to my needs the best they can be. The hardest part of the job would be when people call and yell at you when their problem is not the cause of something you yourself have done. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to help someone and leave them feeling good and satisfied with the help you have given to them.
Productive atmosphere. Had a chance to meet many different people.
Bagger-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 9, 2015
Usually i would begin my day by finishing a fellow co workers day. Unless i was there in the morning. We would make sure our register area was neat and orderly. The reciept roll was full and ready to begin scanning items. It took some time but soon i was remembering the numbers of the produce without looking for it on the item. You gain the ability to multi task and work quickly but orderly when the lines are long but you need to me quality services to each customer. The co-workers were all very nice and all helped each other when we needed it.
Pros
Stable hours and chance to move up in management.
Cons
No benefits
fun workplsce
cashier/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 9, 2015
this place really cool to work for beacuse you learn alot for one of your first jobs you meet new people eveeryday and its a fast pace work envirorment
No knowledge of daily progress
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 29, 2015
Unfortunately, this company has no daily knowledge of how to keep happy employees. The lack of information keeps all employees in fear of whether they will have a job the next day.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
benefits, healthcare, knowledge, management
Great Work Place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 9, 2015
I had a great staff a typical day at work would be processing shipment and changing mannequins and rotating old clothes with new closes. helping customers find what they where looking for. The hardest part about the job i would have to say would have been dealing with customers about are return policy but it part of any retail job and its something i have learned to handle wit may years in retail. Best part of the job meeting great people we had lots of regular customers that we really got to know.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Health care
company no longer in the Carolinas
Deli/Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my job at Bloom. I would of liked to have seen them stay in the area. Great people to work with in the stores and everyone was willing to work as a team.
good people but poor management
OFFICE MANAGER/ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Alva,OKJanuary 28, 2015
good people but poor management, everything last minute, promises are never kept.
Just Enough to get by
Cashier/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDJanuary 25, 2015
I only worked at Bloom for a year. Working at Bloom was a difficult job. You had very long hours on your feet with short breaks. The management was inconsistent and they did not care about their employees. They had us on our hands and knees cleaning base boards and cash register lanes more than we did anything.

While we were able to connect with regular customers it was difficult to bring yourself to work because the management slacked off and expected you to pick up their slack.

The turn around time in employees was horrible, in the year that I worked more people were hired and quit than were there when I started. We were always understaffed and management didn't do anything to help.

Lastly, management showed a lot of favoritism. If you did what the manager did you got more breaks and longer breaks than someone who did not participate in the same activities.
Pros
n/a
Cons
poor management, no respect, understaffed, poor turn around time
Good workplace and plenty of room for advancement
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAOctober 31, 2014
I enjoyed working there, i would have continued working there if i wasn't pursuing a career in a body shop. Managers were great as well as most of the employees.
fun productie environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 18, 2014
this company was great to work for
management changed after a year and they were going to close down the store moved it to another city
A Wonderful Place to Learn and Grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 23, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this firm. I was able to work with very talented Accountant's and CPA's. I learned different areas in the financial industry, and enjoyed working here.

Unfortunately every Tax Season they laid off Staff, and into my second year I was one of them.
Tense activity
BAKER ASCENSUS OF NEW ENGLAND (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 23, 2014
High demand in priorities, under pressure and high tension
productive place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMarch 28, 2014
Outback was a good restaurant. The management was not very good, but the people were great. We had our on off days here also but always pulled thru it
Pros
good breaks
Cons
not too reat payg
bad place to work
Trash Collector Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 26, 2013
you get no raises with this company. the manager thinks he knows what he is doing. the co-workers stab each other in the back and management condones such actions. the customers are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
the pay is not to bad
Cons
no good medical coverage, no raises, management treat employees bad
owned by Food Lion
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2013
working there is fine, unless you want to advance in the company, don't expect to get recognized for you hard work, and enjoy eating from the dollar menu from McDonald's because that's all you'll be able to afford
Fun place to work
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMay 9, 2013
A typical day is comprised of quality checks, restocking and prep work.
FRiendly co-workers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  odenton mdApril 9, 2013
FRiendly co-workers, unprofessional management, but great place to work when there off
Pros
friendly co-worker and enviorment
Cons
management unprofessional
Was a great idea but lack excution
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 18, 2013
This was a good store to learn in and grow.They are also known as foodlion
Pros
work weeks where from 36-40
Cons
tehy made you carry meat in the department that you didn't move and caused shrink
Horrible Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAFebruary 27, 2013
A typical day at work consists of maintaining a welcoming and clean environment.
I have learned how to provide good customer service.
The management did not care about their employees. We had no workers compensation.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers.
The most enjoyable part is learning how to work as a team with my coworkers.