BLOOM

BLOOM Employer Reviews

company no longer in the Carolinas
Deli/Bakery Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my job at Bloom. I would of liked to have seen them stay in the area. Great people to work with in the stores and everyone was willing to work as a team.
good people but poor management
OFFICE MANAGER/ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee), Alva,OKJanuary 28, 2015
good people but poor management, everything last minute, promises are never kept.
Just Enough to get by
Cashier/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Odenton, MDJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: poor management, no respect, understaffed, poor turn around time
I only worked at Bloom for a year. Working at Bloom was a difficult job. You had very long hours on your feet with short breaks. The management was inconsistent and they did not care about their employees. They had us on our hands and knees cleaning base boards and cash register lanes more than we did anything.

While we were able to connect with regular customers it was difficult to bring yourself to work because the management slacked off and expected you to pick up their slack.

The turn around time in employees was horrible, in the year that I worked more people were hired and quit than were there when I started. We were always understaffed and management didn't do anything to help.

Lastly, management showed a lot of favoritism. If you did what the manager did you got more breaks and longer breaks than someone who did not participate in the same activities.
Good workplace and plenty of room for advancement
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Stafford, VAOctober 31, 2014
I enjoyed working there, i would have continued working there if i wasn't pursuing a career in a body shop. Managers were great as well as most of the employees.
fun productie environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Covina, CAAugust 18, 2014
this company was great to work for
management changed after a year and they were going to close down the store moved it to another city
A Wonderful Place to Learn and Grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 23, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this firm. I was able to work with very talented Accountant's and CPA's. I learned different areas in the financial industry, and enjoyed working here.

Unfortunately every Tax Season they laid off Staff, and into my second year I was one of them.
Tense activity
BAKER ASCENSUS OF NEW ENGLAND (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 23, 2014
High demand in priorities, under pressure and high tension
productive place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: good breaks
Cons: not too reat payg
Outback was a good restaurant. The management was not very good, but the people were great. We had our on off days here also but always pulled thru it
bad place to work
Trash Collector Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: the pay is not to bad
Cons: no good medical coverage, no raises, management treat employees bad
you get no raises with this company. the manager thinks he knows what he is doing. the co-workers stab each other in the back and management condones such actions. the customers are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Not Bad
Customer Service (Former Employee), South Riding, VASeptember 4, 2013
Not interesting for me because that was not in my field. I preferred to work with experienced people.
owned by Food Lion
Cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2013
working there is fine, unless you want to advance in the company, don't expect to get recognized for you hard work, and enjoy eating from the dollar menu from McDonald's because that's all you'll be able to afford
Fun place to work
Produce Associate (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCMay 9, 2013
A typical day is comprised of quality checks, restocking and prep work.
FRiendly co-workers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), odenton mdApril 9, 2013
Pros: friendly co-worker and enviorment
Cons: management unprofessional
FRiendly co-workers, unprofessional management, but great place to work when there off
Horrible Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Bruno, CAFebruary 27, 2013
A typical day at work consists of maintaining a welcoming and clean environment.
I have learned how to provide good customer service.
The management did not care about their employees. We had no workers compensation.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers.
The most enjoyable part is learning how to work as a team with my coworkers.
Bad environment
Guest Services Lead (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: customer interaction
Cons: dealing with management
Management treated hourly employees (baggers and cashiers) poorly.
Face paced work environment
Cashier/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: practicing my customer service skills
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work included greeting and assisting customers and cash management. I learned how to work well with irrate customers. My co-workers were helpful. The hardest part about this job was trying to satisfy everyone. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people everyday
An experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hayward, CADecember 17, 2012
I loved many of my co-workers here , however management wasn't as great. I found it it difficult to balance school with having a job here, the manager wasn't as accommodating. Another issue I had was our manager didn't keep tabs on each of our duties and if one person messed up we would all get the blame and sometimes written up. The job itself was not very challenging and was fun helping customers.It was an experience to learn from and I was grateful to have the opportunity.
Productive and fun to work for.
Laborer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 14, 2012
Fun company to work for and the coworkers were fun as well. A great job if you want a new and fun job each day.
Nostalgia. Great work place!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Culver City, CADecember 10, 2012
My first job ever! I got hired that same exact day I went in to apply. I have to say working at Bloom was a great experience.
Very friendly place. Best place to find great food at low price.
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Carrollton, VADecember 2, 2012
Best part of my job was the people I got to work with, and the customers I got to help. My management time was wonderful they all felt like good friends to me. Worked very well with each other. Most days at work after email, we would talk about our duties for that day and just coast through the day. The hardest part of this job would have to be the hours. Very hard to have family time, and work here. What I learned made me ready to always move up to the next spot.

About BLOOM

Food Lion is a king among grocery chains in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions where it operates about 1,345 supermarkets – Read more

BLOOM Salaries