BLOOM Employee Reviews

Not Female friendly
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 12, 2018
Not a place you can advance as a strong female. If you plan on trying to help by voicing your opinion, don't. You'll be axed with no explanations.I relocated for and built this place and was terminated for filing a complaint against my manager.
N/a
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 4, 2017
N/a I dislike this job even tho I was a great sales associate this job had its pros and cons. So look more into retail before you choose a sales associate job
easy part time job
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 29, 2017
great part time job for a young person who may be in school. easy work, clothing store located in a shopping mall. would recommend this job to anyone.
needs work depending on location
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 21, 2017
Great place to shop not the best to work at if you are higher up.
Very hard to advance in higher positions. Management needs improvement. High roll over
Pros
na
Cons
na
Room for growth
Receptionist/dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, OHJune 8, 2017
I loved that I could expand my job title at Bloom, starting off as a receptionist and then moving to the dietary department as an aide or a cook when they needed me.
Exemplary customer service and training
Wedding Coordinator/ Customer Service-Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2017
A family owned and managed business who's first level of business is customer service. All employees are required to learn as much as possible about native plants and all aspects of the business. We all lend a hand where needed. While employees are required to have a certain level of professionalism everyone is friendly and sincere. The most trying part of the job is working outdoors in the Texas summer heat but that is offset by the natural beauty of the gardens and the plant merchandise on the sales floor. Also rewarding is the fun nature of the customers and co-workers. Working with the brides and their families is a joy and seeing their event dreams fulfilled is very rewarding. A terrific atmosphere to work in.
Great company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMay 16, 2017
Very great company to work for. The store was kept clean and management held things on a timely mannee. They were very helpful with working with school schedule.
Not a stable environment
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 3, 2017
This company has constant layoffs for months at a time. They constantly lose clients. When there is work it can be great helping people and you go home with a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Layoffs, Bad management
It was a ok job
Kitchen Aid/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2017
It was a okay job got along with all my co-workers they are very friendly people to work with so I really don't have anything bad to say about the job
Pros
The food was provided for us was great
Cons
The breaks just right
A real social place to work while helping people.
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dumfries, VAJanuary 5, 2017
Bloom has been a rewarding job. Loved meeting new people. On a typical day, I run a register, help customer, give directions on where items are located and take calls.the hardest part of the job would be standing on hard floors for long hours at a time.
Pros
You can be social and get paid at the same time.
Cons
standing on hard floors
Fun and Fast Peace Enviroment
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23451November 14, 2016
It is a fun work place. There is always something to do. You are constantly communicating with people of all ages and places around the world. This is the type of work environment were you will always go home with something new that you learned.
Great company, lots of training programs
Assistant Front End Manager / Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 9, 2016
It was easy to grow with this company. They always had training for staff to attend or complete online. Customer service was always our number one priority. I had excellent management.
nice store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAFebruary 24, 2016
too much work for such little pay.. management was very rude and the coworkers were not friendly. i do not like working in an environment where it seems like nobody wants to at least say hi or good morning.
fun work place
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, VAJanuary 13, 2016
Bloom-FoodLion
I learn how to run the front-end of a grocery store.Talk to customers, working side by side with managers.
Productive and Fun place to work
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 23, 2015
Very nice place to work. Filled with motivated individuals who all work together to achieve on goal. The company was really fun and I would definitely work there again
Pros
Morning meetings
Educational work place
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 12, 2015
Working with people from all walks of life can be interesting a learning experience. I have learned to better understand the way people act and how to respond to all type of responses. The management has been quite accommodating to my needs the best they can be. The hardest part of the job would be when people call and yell at you when their problem is not the cause of something you yourself have done. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to help someone and leave them feeling good and satisfied with the help you have given to them.
Productive atmosphere. Had a chance to meet many different people.
Bagger-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 9, 2015
Usually i would begin my day by finishing a fellow co workers day. Unless i was there in the morning. We would make sure our register area was neat and orderly. The reciept roll was full and ready to begin scanning items. It took some time but soon i was remembering the numbers of the produce without looking for it on the item. You gain the ability to multi task and work quickly but orderly when the lines are long but you need to me quality services to each customer. The co-workers were all very nice and all helped each other when we needed it.
Pros
Stable hours and chance to move up in management.
Cons
No benefits
fun workplsce
cashier/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 9, 2015
this place really cool to work for beacuse you learn alot for one of your first jobs you meet new people eveeryday and its a fast pace work envirorment
No knowledge of daily progress
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 29, 2015
Unfortunately, this company has no daily knowledge of how to keep happy employees. The lack of information keeps all employees in fear of whether they will have a job the next day.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
benefits, healthcare, knowledge, management
Great Work Place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 9, 2015
I had a great staff a typical day at work would be processing shipment and changing mannequins and rotating old clothes with new closes. helping customers find what they where looking for. The hardest part about the job i would have to say would have been dealing with customers about are return policy but it part of any retail job and its something i have learned to handle wit may years in retail. Best part of the job meeting great people we had lots of regular customers that we really got to know.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Health care