BLOOM Employee Reviews

It was a ok job
Kitchen Aid/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2017
It was a okay job got along with all my co-workers they are very friendly people to work with so I really don't have anything bad to say about the job
Pros
The food was provided for us was great
Cons
The breaks just right
A real social place to work while helping people.
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dumfries, VAJanuary 5, 2017
Bloom has been a rewarding job. Loved meeting new people. On a typical day, I run a register, help customer, give directions on where items are located and take calls.the hardest part of the job would be standing on hard floors for long hours at a time.
Pros
You can be social and get paid at the same time.
Cons
standing on hard floors
Fun and Fast Peace Enviroment
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23451November 14, 2016
It is a fun work place. There is always something to do. You are constantly communicating with people of all ages and places around the world. This is the type of work environment were you will always go home with something new that you learned.
Great company, lots of training programs
Assistant Front End Manager / Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 9, 2016
It was easy to grow with this company. They always had training for staff to attend or complete online. Customer service was always our number one priority. I had excellent management.
nice store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAFebruary 24, 2016
too much work for such little pay.. management was very rude and the coworkers were not friendly. i do not like working in an environment where it seems like nobody wants to at least say hi or good morning.
Productive and Fun place to work
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 23, 2015
Very nice place to work. Filled with motivated individuals who all work together to achieve on goal. The company was really fun and I would definitely work there again
Pros
Morning meetings
Educational work place
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 12, 2015
Working with people from all walks of life can be interesting a learning experience. I have learned to better understand the way people act and how to respond to all type of responses. The management has been quite accommodating to my needs the best they can be. The hardest part of the job would be when people call and yell at you when their problem is not the cause of something you yourself have done. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to help someone and leave them feeling good and satisfied with the help you have given to them.
Productive atmosphere. Had a chance to meet many different people.
Bagger-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 9, 2015
Usually i would begin my day by finishing a fellow co workers day. Unless i was there in the morning. We would make sure our register area was neat and orderly. The reciept roll was full and ready to begin scanning items. It took some time but soon i was remembering the numbers of the produce without looking for it on the item. You gain the ability to multi task and work quickly but orderly when the lines are long but you need to me quality services to each customer. The co-workers were all very nice and all helped each other when we needed it.
Pros
Stable hours and chance to move up in management.
Cons
No benefits
fun workplsce
cashier/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 9, 2015
this place really cool to work for beacuse you learn alot for one of your first jobs you meet new people eveeryday and its a fast pace work envirorment
No knowledge of daily progress
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 29, 2015
Unfortunately, this company has no daily knowledge of how to keep happy employees. The lack of information keeps all employees in fear of whether they will have a job the next day.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
benefits, healthcare, knowledge, management
Great Work Place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 9, 2015
I had a great staff a typical day at work would be processing shipment and changing mannequins and rotating old clothes with new closes. helping customers find what they where looking for. The hardest part about the job i would have to say would have been dealing with customers about are return policy but it part of any retail job and its something i have learned to handle wit may years in retail. Best part of the job meeting great people we had lots of regular customers that we really got to know.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Health care
company no longer in the Carolinas
Deli/Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my job at Bloom. I would of liked to have seen them stay in the area. Great people to work with in the stores and everyone was willing to work as a team.
good people but poor management
OFFICE MANAGER/ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Alva,OKJanuary 28, 2015
good people but poor management, everything last minute, promises are never kept.
Just Enough to get by
Cashier/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDJanuary 25, 2015
I only worked at Bloom for a year. Working at Bloom was a difficult job. You had very long hours on your feet with short breaks. The management was inconsistent and they did not care about their employees. They had us on our hands and knees cleaning base boards and cash register lanes more than we did anything.

While we were able to connect with regular customers it was difficult to bring yourself to work because the management slacked off and expected you to pick up their slack.

The turn around time in employees was horrible, in the year that I worked more people were hired and quit than were there when I started. We were always understaffed and management didn't do anything to help.

Lastly, management showed a lot of favoritism. If you did what the manager did you got more breaks and longer breaks than someone who did not participate in the same activities.
Pros
N/A
Cons
poor management, no respect, understaffed, poor turn around time
Good workplace and plenty of room for advancement
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAOctober 31, 2014
I enjoyed working there, i would have continued working there if i wasn't pursuing a career in a body shop. Managers were great as well as most of the employees.
fun productie environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 18, 2014
this company was great to work for
management changed after a year and they were going to close down the store moved it to another city
A Wonderful Place to Learn and Grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 23, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this firm. I was able to work with very talented Accountant's and CPA's. I learned different areas in the financial industry, and enjoyed working here.

Unfortunately every Tax Season they laid off Staff, and into my second year I was one of them.
Tense activity
BAKER ASCENSUS OF NEW ENGLAND (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 23, 2014
High demand in priorities, under pressure and high tension
productive place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMarch 28, 2014
Outback was a good restaurant. The management was not very good, but the people were great. We had our on off days here also but always pulled thru it
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Not too reat payg
bad place to work
Trash Collector Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 26, 2013
you get no raises with this company. the manager thinks he knows what he is doing. the co-workers stab each other in the back and management condones such actions. the customers are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
the pay is not to bad
Cons
no good medical coverage, no raises, management treat employees bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BLOOM. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9