UI/UX Designer (local candidates only)
BloomSky, Inc. is looking for a proven UI/UX Designer to work in our Sunnyvale office. In this hands-on role you will have a significant impact on the success of our growing business by collaborating with a great team of product managers, developers, and editorial stakeholders to iteratively define and design an excellent user experience for our hardware enabled mobile products.
At BloomSky, we are fascinated by the weather and by what goes on in the sky from dawn until dusk. We also believe people deserve weather data that are more accurate and more relevant. We recently ran a kickstarter campaign and funded 150% of our target. We have been featured on many key tech media. Learn more about our product and company at www.bloomsky.com
- Work collaboratively with various business stakeholders to understand project requirements and define product approaches and visual direction
- Design beautiful and functional interfaces and web pages based on principles of design and usability
- Own the end-to-end design process and deliverable set (including wireframes, mockups, and cut assets for the developers) with frequent iteration and evolution of design solutions
- Stay current on site performance metrics as well as emerging trends in online consumer behavior, technologies, and design
- Identify opportunities for innovation based on research and competitive analysis
- Help establish and evangelize design standards and best practices to define a consistent best-in-class user experience
- Work and manage other design related project in house.
- 2+ years of professional experience designing digital web and mobile products
- A clear comprehension of UX and UI design concepts and work fundamentals (i.e. ability to execute a design concept, take art direction, modify and evolve a design based on feedback, etc.)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills – We are looking for a true team player who can own and speak to the design process while gracefully integrating feedback into their work
- Experience using A/B and/or user testing data to inform the design process
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Good general understanding of HTML, CSS, JS concepts and development
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), product design or equivalent UX experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is a plus but not required.