Bloomin' Brands Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Co-workers
Community Service Day
Lost Culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 8, 2016
All about the profit instead of the customer. Culture is gone. I hope they figure this out soon, too many good people to lose.
Bloomin
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 16, 2016
Great place for employees. People are willing to assist you when possible. Company is growing Internationally, potential opportunities with the International Group.
Great people and great brands
Senior Director, IT Strategy, PMO, Vendor Mgmt (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2015
Fun place to work with dedicated people and great brands to work with. There's a strong focus right now on innovation and the digital customer experience, which should work well for the company in the very near future.
Pros
Comp card, people, brands
Cons
Minimal advancement opportunities
Great company, great pay, great benefits. But..
Service Desk Analyst. (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaJuly 18, 2015
I worked there as a contract to perm in their IT department.
1: The manager in the Helpdesk side has their favorites. And they show it.
2: If you're not part of those favorites, you get treated as if you were not welcomed there and they find a way to either push you out for fire you.
3: When you finally notice these things and try to act on them, it's too late. Upper management doesn't care.

Now, when I worked there, I was doing great. I did take a little longer to get use to the type of work, but I managed on my own without any management ever coming to me. I was on cloud 9. I was really happy to go to work. I was really happy with MOST of my co-workers. That was until my 6th month review. I mentioned to my supervisor that seeing a few people walking around, talking, gossiping, not doing their job, was a bit tough to handle. This was AFTER they pushed me to tell them this. (meaning they kept asking until I finally told her). After I told them that this was going on, my job was never the same. I was completely treated badly. The person(s) I "told on", was part of their little group. Needless to say after a few months, I was let go due to a bunch of nonsense. Told that my performance was low, even though I was NEVER talked to by management. Not once in the months that I worked there was I ever told I was doing anythign less than satisfactory. I tried to go to the director of IT. He was going to reconsider my employment after I explained to him what had happened.. By the end of the weekend, they fired me due to more lies by another supervisor.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work flow.
Cons
Management and "groupies".
Food is good! Work is exhausting
Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 29, 2015
The culture at Lonestar Steakhouse needed help. The management was nice but they did not push the employees to do any work. The cooks did a great job but the front of the house servers were lazy and unexperienced.
Pros
50% on food
Cons
Working nights and weekends
Fast paced work with fun, lively atmosphere.
Manager, Trainer, Server (Current Employee) –  GeorigaJune 3, 2015
Working for Bloomin' Brands gives you many opportunities to learn new skills and apply them on a daily basis. It is a fun, fast paced job that requires good people skills with a high level of social interaction with co-workers and guests. It is imperative that you learn how to manage time and many tasks simultaneously to perform any position within Bloomin' Brands. Identifying problems and problem resolution is highly beneficial to job performance. It is a great place for networking within the hospitality industry. The social aspect is the most enjoyable part of the job and is required for success. The most difficult part is learning how to manage yourself, which becomes essential.
Pros
pay, flexibility, opportunities
Cons
lots of company changes, communication issues
Entry-Level Casual/Discount Dining Environment
Shift Manager/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 18, 2015
There was a lot of thought and care put into the initial concepts under this umbrella. As a customer you will most probably have an outstanding experience and the food quality is still superior to most competitors.

On the downside, casual dining is suffering in this economy and may be on it's way out. This particular company wanted to be upper-casual but is believed by some to have been forced into the discount casual range frequently in order to stay competitive.

For the front of the house wait staff that can mean a significant drop in pay, support and budget for labor. If one was a professional server with a cicerone licence or with formal hospitality training there would be better money elsewhere.

If it's local and convenient then this job will be great for new servers and at the very least will remain competitive with most hourly jobs.

Still the security is good for now and the company seems to retain management, especially at the higher levels. This means that the structure and experience brought to these concepts is usually more sound than most other companies.
Pros
Limited knowledge necessary to start, Cash every night, multiple roles available for front of the house workers.
Cons
Very little flexibility with scheduling, no benefits, not much opportunity for advancement.
Great Place To Work
Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa FL is Home OfficeFebruary 21, 2015
Bloomin' Brands Inc is an awesome place to work. There is a true family spirit that is shared by all concepts and a real focus on quality of service provided to the guest as well as associates.
Pros
discounted meals for exempt employees
World Class Restaurant Group
Marketing Manager - West Region (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2015
Casual Dining Restaurant industry leader and innovator with great operations and outstanding marketing. Committed to quality food, excellent hospitality and community involvement.
Quality Company
Administration Assistant to Joint Venture Partner (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 28, 2015
A well organized company. A head of their competitors with training and reporting. Always looking for ways to improve, streamline and simplify. Provided proper tools to be a successful employee.
Pros
great hours
Political
Manager of Equipment, Innovation, and Technology (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2015
BBI is a very difficult place to navigate if you are new hire to the company. Communication is poor, with a protectionist view of responsibilities. Very high stress environment.
Pros
food comps
Great Place
International Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2014
Good place to work. Nice people, good benefits and performance-based compensation. Offers large corporation job stability with warm people interactions.
Pros
discounted food at the brand concepts
Fast Paced Enviroment with Teamwork and Fun
Regional Service Tech (Current Employee) –  PA, Western NYOctober 7, 2014
Working fo rthis company provides a fun, fast paced, and challenging work life. My days have routines but also small situational twists. I get to provide great customer service that gives me a sense of fulfillment. I also feel that I get honest feed back and can give my honest opinon and know its respected. My leaders are progressive but hold true to the culture of the restaurant companies principals and beliefs. The hardest part of my job is traveling to different locations. The best part of my job is takig great care of customers.
No Life
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore mdAugust 29, 2014
Horrible company to work for, I worked there for 6 years quality of life is horrible, always being micro managed. No teamwork what so ever, will do what ever they have to make themselves look better
Pros
comp card
Cons
no quality of life, horrible company vision, no such thing as job security
Great place to work with limitless opportunities
Restaurant Proprietor (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 4, 2013
I have worked for Bloomin' Brands Inc. for 16 Years for a reason. It had great leadership, career advancement opportunities, and great values.

I was a restaurant proprietor and loved working for my people. I recently decided that the hours I was keeping was not giving me the work/ life balance I was looking for so I resigned. I would still be working for Bloomin' Brands Inc. today if there were other opportunities that could assist me with my work/ life balance.
Pros
learning opportunities, corporate support, family atmosphere within the company
Cons
work/life balance. the hours became too much for my current lifestyle and family obligations
Please see resume
Administrative Manager /Head Waiter / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 16, 2013
 2004-2005 Bloomin’ Brands:Carrabba's Augusta, GA
Administrative Manager /Head Waiter / Trainer
Duties to include, The supervision of floor service and performance of others. Maintained positive attitudes for a positive work atmosphere. Great Guest relations. Other duties to include the following: Basic internet, to also include e-mail's between our local branches and corporate offices, up and down loading, letterheads, marketing, scheduling, cash accountability, accounts payable, accounts receivable, processing, inspections, inventories, and problem solving, etc. Ensured "Ultimate Guest Satisfaction."
Pros
please see resume
Cons
please see resume
Great workplace environment and nice perks
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2013
Management is excellent, probably some of the best managers and co-workers I've ever had. the work can be rewarding and it's pretty laid back.
Pros
great break room
Cons
i just wanted to do something more technical
Enjoyable work environment
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJMarch 21, 2013
-I enjoy dealing with customers first hand every day at work.
-I learned how to delegate jobs to other employees.
-My co-workers and I get along very well and make it a fun and enjoyable environment to work in.
-Most enjoyable part of the job is when new trainees come to me with questions, it makes me feel like I am bettering the trainees as well as the company.
Fast-Paced
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2013
A typical day at Bloomin' Brands, Inc. is managing 70-90 plus locations with emphasis on details concerning the Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts. I moved up internally 3 times and was exposed to many management styles. The co-workers are great and hard working. The hardest part of the job is managing the work flow given the volume of calls and emails you receive daily. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships you forge with your stores.