Bloomin' Brands Employee Reviews

Not a bad starting job
Host (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXApril 5, 2017
It's your standard restaurant work experience. There isn't much room to advance other than possibly serving or doing togo, honestly though you'd have better luck just applying for your desired end position than trying to work your way up.
Enjoyable staff- Massive job reductions
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2017
Friendly environment and staff. Nice office space and several perks to working here. The comp at the restaurants is a nice touch for employees.
With the decline in casual dining, there has been a lot of layoffs and morale is getting pretty bad
Pros
Fun events, free coffee and soda in the breakroom
Cons
Long work weeks and poor morale
Very good company
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2017
It's a good company to work for. There's ton of potential working here and you will learn so much while doing so. Management could use some work. But the best part of the job is that it's not all stressful and you're surrounded by good energy of people.
Pros
Free soda machine
Cons
Lack of benefits and job security
Review Summary
Mobile Developer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day at work doesn't exhaust you or bring you to thinking that you work at an office. Management is good in all areas. Workplace culture is good too. All the most, one can enjoy this workplace
Never again.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 10, 2017
I have never worked at a place with such horrible management that couldn't even control a small restaurant on a wait. I never worked at a place where management talked to employees with no respect. Just because you are friends outside of work doesn't mean it is okay to call each other b****** at work in front of everyone and expect for anyone to respect you as a manager. I have never worked at a place where you have to drink outside of work with managers to get ahead.
Pros
Discount
Good Management
LEAD BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 27, 2016
I enjoyed working for both Outback Steak house and Bonefish Grill.
Management was respectful and flexible for the most part.The Outback I worked for closed because it was a slow store, but I was able to transfer immediatly.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
difficult to get enough hours for health care
Terrible company to work with
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 31, 2016
I worked with Outback Steakhouse a little over six months and it was probably one of the worst jobs I ever worked, they give you very little hours and the pay is absolutely horrible they pretend to care about you until they don't need you and also they break the law they expect you to work without break's,it's easy work but still don't work with this company save you time. They fired me for being late because of car issues.

P.S they are very unsanitary, they don't enforce wearing gloves when making food. I wouldnt eat there if I where you. I'm not just slandering them I'm just giving you insight on the company.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No breaks, terrible pay, unsanitary conditions, use and abuse
Good job
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2016
For managers with no experience there is no better place to work and gain knowledge at your job. You will learn everything from the basics to what you need to be a managing partner.
Would not reccommend
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 7, 2016
Management Inexperienced & Lacking Leadership Skills
Unreasonable Expectations
Excellent Co-workers
Community Service Day
Lost Culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 8, 2016
All about the profit instead of the customer. Culture is gone. I hope they figure this out soon, too many good people to lose.
Bloomin
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 16, 2016
Great place for employees. People are willing to assist you when possible. Company is growing Internationally, potential opportunities with the International Group.
Great people and great brands
Senior Director, IT Strategy, PMO, Vendor Mgmt (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2015
Fun place to work with dedicated people and great brands to work with. There's a strong focus right now on innovation and the digital customer experience, which should work well for the company in the very near future.
Pros
Comp card, people, brands
Cons
Minimal advancement opportunities
Great company, great pay, great benefits. But..
Service Desk Analyst. (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaJuly 18, 2015
I worked there as a contract to perm in their IT department.
1: The manager in the Helpdesk side has their favorites. And they show it.
2: If you're not part of those favorites, you get treated as if you were not welcomed there and they find a way to either push you out for fire you.
3: When you finally notice these things and try to act on them, it's too late. Upper management doesn't care.

Now, when I worked there, I was doing great. I did take a little longer to get use to the type of work, but I managed on my own without any management ever coming to me. I was on cloud 9. I was really happy to go to work. I was really happy with MOST of my co-workers. That was until my 6th month review. I mentioned to my supervisor that seeing a few people walking around, talking, gossiping, not doing their job, was a bit tough to handle. This was AFTER they pushed me to tell them this. (meaning they kept asking until I finally told her). After I told them that this was going on, my job was never the same. I was completely treated badly. The person(s) I "told on", was part of their little group. Needless to say after a few months, I was let go due to a bunch of nonsense. Told that my performance was low, even though I was NEVER talked to by management. Not once in the months that I worked there was I ever told I was doing anythign less than satisfactory. I tried to go to the director of IT. He was going to reconsider my employment after I explained to him what had happened.. By the end of the weekend, they fired me due to more lies by another supervisor.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work flow.
Cons
Management and "groupies".
Food is good! Work is exhausting
Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 29, 2015
The culture at Lonestar Steakhouse needed help. The management was nice but they did not push the employees to do any work. The cooks did a great job but the front of the house servers were lazy and unexperienced.
Pros
50% on food
Cons
Working nights and weekends
Fast paced work with fun, lively atmosphere.
Manager, Trainer, Server (Current Employee) –  GeorigaJune 3, 2015
Working for Bloomin' Brands gives you many opportunities to learn new skills and apply them on a daily basis. It is a fun, fast paced job that requires good people skills with a high level of social interaction with co-workers and guests. It is imperative that you learn how to manage time and many tasks simultaneously to perform any position within Bloomin' Brands. Identifying problems and problem resolution is highly beneficial to job performance. It is a great place for networking within the hospitality industry. The social aspect is the most enjoyable part of the job and is required for success. The most difficult part is learning how to manage yourself, which becomes essential.
Pros
pay, flexibility, opportunities
Cons
lots of company changes, communication issues
Entry-Level Casual/Discount Dining Environment
Shift Manager/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 18, 2015
There was a lot of thought and care put into the initial concepts under this umbrella. As a customer you will most probably have an outstanding experience and the food quality is still superior to most competitors.

On the downside, casual dining is suffering in this economy and may be on it's way out. This particular company wanted to be upper-casual but is believed by some to have been forced into the discount casual range frequently in order to stay competitive.

For the front of the house wait staff that can mean a significant drop in pay, support and budget for labor. If one was a professional server with a cicerone licence or with formal hospitality training there would be better money elsewhere.

If it's local and convenient then this job will be great for new servers and at the very least will remain competitive with most hourly jobs.

Still the security is good for now and the company seems to retain management, especially at the higher levels. This means that the structure and experience brought to these concepts is usually more sound than most other companies.
Pros
Limited knowledge necessary to start, Cash every night, multiple roles available for front of the house workers.
Cons
Very little flexibility with scheduling, no benefits, not much opportunity for advancement.
Great Place To Work
Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa FL is Home OfficeFebruary 21, 2015
Bloomin' Brands Inc is an awesome place to work. There is a true family spirit that is shared by all concepts and a real focus on quality of service provided to the guest as well as associates.
Pros
Discounted meals for exempt employees
World Class Restaurant Group
Marketing Manager - West Region (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2015
Casual Dining Restaurant industry leader and innovator with great operations and outstanding marketing. Committed to quality food, excellent hospitality and community involvement.
Quality Company
Administration Assistant to Joint Venture Partner (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 28, 2015
A well organized company. A head of their competitors with training and reporting. Always looking for ways to improve, streamline and simplify. Provided proper tools to be a successful employee.
Pros
Great hours
Political
Manager of Equipment, Innovation, and Technology (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2015
BBI is a very difficult place to navigate if you are new hire to the company. Communication is poor, with a protectionist view of responsibilities. Very high stress environment.
Pros
food comps

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomin' Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9