Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

Very professional place to build a career
Group Manager (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Professional work environment aiming to be the best it can be.
Cons: Wish it was a bigger company that had more room for career advancement.
Love working for Bloomingdale's. Very challenging company that isn't afraid to go after top talent. Great group of co-workers and I enjoy going to work every day.
nice opportunity to interact with and help customers
Sales (Former Employee), new yorkAugust 27, 2015
Pros: surrounded by fashion
Cons: no diversity in management and no opportunity to change it.
If you work hard and smart you can make a decent salary. The opportunity for promotion and rising up through the ranks is almost non existent. They need a lot of work in the management diversity department.
Assisted customer with theirs needs.
Clinique Business Manager (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 27, 2015
Pros: People watching
Cons: Very unsociable and competive
• Maintained accountability for goals, sales and the planning of events
• Improved counter sale volume ranking within the department from 3rd place to 2nd place
• Increased both average unit sale and items per transaction by listening to customers and selling related items
great company
Counter Manager for Guerlain cosmetics. (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: everything is great at this company
Cons: you dont have a set schedule and you can not make it too .
I am having fun everyday working at bloomingdales ,the sales associates are fantastic .i love skin care and beauty products but my main focus is skin care that's why i want to get back into the spa world .
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 25, 2015
its a good job to gain experience and good training. coworkers were fun to work with a good welcoming environment

Awesome work environment
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2015
Best place to learn more about sales. Great earning potential. You control your paycheck. This is the best part about this company.
fun place to work.
Department supervisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 19, 2015
Pros: flexibly schedule
Cons: too far from my house
I worked this place as inter and i had amazing time working with the doctor and other stuff members of the office. during my time as intern i have learned so much and the stuff help alot.
ok
HR Administrator (Former Employee), NortheastAugust 18, 2015
ok experience - boys club. Management does not get the full picture of daily store operations. Good vacation and community involvement.
Enthusiastic atmosphere and great staff.
Counter Make Up Artist Manager (Current Employee), Santa MonicaAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Free incentives when achieving sale goals.
Cons: In need of more private partys for VIP customers.
Enjoyed working with Lancôme, Nars, Chanel and Estee Lauder. My main product consisted of giving product knowledge and benefits and how to apply and cover imperfections. At the same time, these customers helped me grow and achieve better ways of satisfying each individual, due to their type of personality or skin type.
Great discounts, excessive pressure to meet numbers and accounts
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MiamiAugust 17, 2015
Cons: Short breaks, standing on your feet all day can take a toll.
The pressure to open credit card accounts far outweighs the good side of working for a large retail chain. It is extremely discouraging especially during slow season for any sales professional.
fun workplace
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: pleasant work environment
Cons: employment ended
ive learned how to greet customers and make certain that everyones needs are met in a respectful and timely manner.also everyone including staff and customers were extremely friendly, despite good and bad days.
Productive work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2015
As a seasonal sales associate, I was able to work during the busiest time for Bloomingdale's. The company dished out numerous sales during the few weeks I worked for them, both beneficial to employees and customers alike. I was able to work with others who had the same experience as I did, thus taking much more away from working here than I thought.
Fun co-work and customer
Sales Consultant/ Customer Service (Former Employee), DallasAugust 14, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: No room for advancment
Everyday is a day to service the great customers. I was very knowledgeable of all duties. Management is great but there is little chance to move up in company. Great co-workers make the job fun, great people to be around. The hardest part of the job is staying on task during slow periods. As managers micro manage during this time.
Fast paced, energetic and fun environment
Denim Specialist (Men's Designer) (Current Employee), Century City, CAAugust 11, 2015
A typical day at Bloomingdales consist of communicating with clients, organizing and keeping my assigned area clean and tidy. The most enjoyable part about my job is wardrobe building. My favorite customer is the one that walks in my department and has absolutely no clue of what they want. All you have to go on is how they look in front of you at that moment as far as, body type, skin tone and hair color. I love making people feel beautiful and stylish through my wardrobe building talent. The hardest part about the job is helping someone find a gift for someone else but have absolutely no clue of their sizing or hardly an understanding about what that individual may like. But what usually helps me I ask to see a picture of that person to get a n understanding of their sense of style ad body type. What I learned at Bloomingdales, was the product as a whole, and also how to care for denim. Seeing as though I am the certified Denim specialist in the men's department it is my job to educate my fellow peers as well as customers on their proper fit and how to properly care for denim.
Great place to get your retail career going.
Department Manager (Former Employee), Aventura, FLAugust 6, 2015
Enjoyed the hustle and bustle of bloomingdales. Made lots of great connections as well as relationships but with customers and colleagues.
Good place to work. Left to try something new.
St. John Department Manager (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, Fl.August 2, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and pay.
Cons: Really, none.
Worked there for eight years.
I was in charge of the dept. including the buy .
I was given a budget for each season and was sent to New York St . John showroom to do buy.
I did enjoy working at Bloomingdales.
Most days were very enjoyable.
average
LaFayette148 Specialist (Current Employee), Chevy Chase, MDJuly 30, 2015
the management is supportive. coworkers are helpful. visual is not supportive of individuals. system is good but not fluid. the commission system is horrible. I enjoyed helping customers the most.
Productive and great place to work overall
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Seminars, free food, coworkers, raffles, promotional events
Cons: commission, short in staff, scheduling
A typical day at work is being able to set up rooms for customers, create a relationship to further your clientele base with customers. I've learned to multitask and always catering to customers needs, being patient with customers and employees that I work with, and always staying up to date with latest trends, just in case customers ask. The hardest part of the job is being able to multitask and the most enjoyable part of the job is being around my coworkers and meeting new and interesting people everyday on the job.
Productive and Busy day at Bloomingdales
Personal Stylist (Current Employee), Wayne, NJJuly 29, 2015
Pros: fun work place and environment, enjoy working with customers, and learning about new brands.
Cons: not enough hours, sometimes short-staffed.
A typical day at work at Bloomingdales would be boosting the store's sales and meeting sales criteria of course, as well as working individually with customers who need to be styled, as well as to wardrobe the customer and provide to any of their specific needs if necessary. Throughout the day there would be fitting room duties and the rolling racks should they become filled it is my co-workers responsibility and mine to put the clothing pieces and items to where they belong by brand on our floor, or walk the pieces to their department. I have expanded my knowledge of many brands during my time working for this company, many of which I have never even heard of before. The most enjoyable part of the job would be styling clients which is eventually my ultimate goal in my career path. Co-workers vary in all types of ages from my age group to older associates who have worked for the company for years, it's great to have a mix of both categories as you can always learn something new from the associates, and they're always willing to help if needed.
Productive fun workplace
Brand Manager (Former Employee), Boca RatonJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Prizes for good work, Management, Discounts, Fashion Education, Social Experience
Cons: On feet all day, commissions, competitive co workers
Working at Bloomingdales was different than most retailers. There was much more responsibility which I thought was outstanding. The women's designer New View section was broken up by mini stores. I was the private label specialist so I was in charge of maintaining the area, merchandising, visual, etc. I would also connect with shoppers and try my best to market the product. I worked very closely with buyers in the headquarter locations where we would discuss how many items of a product I needed, what worked and what didn't. I found the hardest part of the job was working with seasoned professionals on a commission based level. The most enjoyable part was getting educated on fashion and really connecting with the merchandise and people in the store.
Industry