Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's Employer Reviews

Productive & Fun Work Place.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
A typical day at work would have to be satisfying each and every customer & accomplishing all the task at a timely fashion given by management.

I learn a lot of patience with Customer Service, I understand and acknowledge that is all about the customer and their satisfaction i learn how to communicate with customers & give out good customer service – more... because the way you treat a customer is the way you represent your company.

Management should never have to remind you about your customer service they should only give you tips to improve & become better.

You & your coworkers should always motivate each other & always work as a team. Customers should always be every employees priority no matter what you & a coworker may be handling.

The hardest part of the job is trying to learn as much as possible all because you want to show you manager and co workers you can complete your tasks on time and all by your self.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be working as a team with your co workers and completing all your work at the end of the day. Team work always make the Dream Work. Also Satisfying your customers because without them you would have no job & the business your may be working successfully. – less
It's true when they say"Like no other store in the world"!
Y.E.S. Department Selling Specialist (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great benefit program.continuing education with seminars was very beneficial as well.
Cons: schedule when selling manager left her position became occasionally difficult.
A joy to go to work everyday!!! Bloomingdales made me passionate about my job.It was the most bittersweet part of my moving,to leave the Bridgewater store.I will surely miss my clients,co-workers and managers very much.
Productive and Interactive work place
Sales Associate, Fashion Accessories (Former Employee), Huntington, NYAugust 15, 2014
lively and interactive place to work where I meet and clientele with a variety of people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Century City, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: management not all that great
Very nice people to work with but not enough work to go around. Very slow work environment.
Social workplace
Vince Specialist (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJAugust 11, 2014
I learned salesmanship, how to work with other people, interpersonal communications, how to work with people, how to multitask and prioritize, and consistency.

I enjoyed working with a wide variety of sales associates and managers who each had different techniques in selling and dealing with customers.
Is ok job
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 10, 2014
Could be better, I'm not providing you with a free review, that is what glassdoor is for.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2014
A typical day at work is normal paced with a reasonable workload. I've learned to treat the working environment just like you would treat your own home. Management makes sure everything is in order and everyone is doing what they are supposed to do. Co workers are friendly and are always engaged in work. The hardest part of the job would be changing – more... something at the very last minute if it has already been established. The most enjoyable part of the job is working hard and contributing to the company. – less
great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
One of the most enjoyable jobs I've had. Fun and enjoyable work environment.
Flexible hours, positive enviornment
Sales Professional/Free People (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 4, 2014
Sales, product knowledge & building relationships with clients
productive friendly workplace
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 2, 2014
Working at Bloomingdales was one of the best experiences I have ever had in a work environment. Management was awesome, my co-workers were helpful and knowledgeable, and there was always something to do.
Customer Service/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: no hours
Great place, I enjoyed working there and loved the people. Did not have any advancement retail is slowing down and the internet is growing.
Make up is fun
Clinique Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2014
Pros: lots of gratis
Cons: taking vacation in a timely matter
Bloomingdales was a very eventful place to work either to said the four years I work there had its up and down
A typical day at work started with my to do list of days, weeks and monthly to do of calling clients to replenish
Getting new clients to sit in the chair to learn and get to know the new trends in make up and skin care
I have learn to be a – more... good listener and to have very good team work skills
The hardest part to job was taking vacation since the team was so small and all the events that was from my vendor and store
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was the different I make in people lives with just make up and skin care or just listening in what they have to say – less
good store
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2014
good positive work environment

good pay

good workers union
great
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great events for the staff
Cons: more pay
very busy when it came to sales
different merchandise
good to work with
great people to work with
when we dont have the merchandise
helping the customers
Not a terrible place to work
Selling Specialist (Former Employee), atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pay is low. Promotions with tons of experience. Management is totally numbers driven. Numbers good...they are are ok. Great people to work with overall
Great people
lots of training
great discount
Traditional luxury brand retailer
Application & Report Developer (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2014
Pros: 20% discount at bloomingdale's and macy's
Cons: compensation / career advancement
Pros: My co-workers are amazing fun people. That make the environment fun amidst all of the changes.

Cons: Management seems disconnected with the realities of what the employees are looking for in terms of engagement. There doesn't seem to be an equal opportunity for advancement. Management is inconsistent and sometimes i don't understand how some – more... people have been qualified for the job they are placed. – less
It was okay if you're a student worker its perfect!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: got a chance to meet great people, surrounded by the most beautiful clothing
Cons: breaks seemed short, paid was bad, catty employees, management needed work
A typical day at work was me coming into a mess to clean, customers who were misguided about certain information and employees who worked the bare minimum. This may have been due to the management style at this particular store but it seemed to be something lacking to make employees more driven about work. Management needed a face lift, power struggles – more... was definitely in full effect. The turnover rate was insane!The hardest part for me was meeting the event goals. The economy is not what it use to be so people are spending less.
At times it was fun providing customers with the items they needed,but when we didn't have the items it was hard to direct them else where. – less
great place to gain experience
sales professional (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJuly 17, 2014
Pros: very flexible work hours
Cons: short lunch breaks and many closing shifts
i learned how to deal with all customers from every walk of life.
my co-workers were great and very helpful
the hardest part of my job was attempting to juggle work and school. the most enjoyable part of my day was seeing a smile on my clients face after being faced with a difficult situation that was able to get solved.
wonderful experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJJuly 16, 2014
its a very friendly environment to work in. I had a wonderful experience with the people, tasks, and everything involved. Its truly one of the best companies i have worked for and hope to return soon.

1 2 3 4 5