Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's Employer Reviews

Fun place for those interested in the fashion business
Sales Support (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Great scheduling if your a college student. Generous vacation time.
Great place to start a career
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Good work/life balance but small yearly pay increases. Wonderful people
Enjoy building clientele and working with the home and bedding department
Calvin Klein Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: awards and raises
Cons: short breaks
Bedding Department; Calvin Klein Sales Specialist
Suggestive selling, working my client book to achieve sales goals, developing customer relationships, display maintenance and restocking inventory.
"CAN DO" mentality
Executive Development/Designers Specialist (Current Employee), Short Hills MallSeptember 10, 2014
• Master degree
• 20 years of Execellent Customer Service Management experience
• 12 years of Sales & Marketing experience
• 8 years of Internaitonal business development experience (Asia, Europe, North America)
• 7 years of Luxury Goods, Luxury Fashion, Real estate development
• 7 years of Retail Operations Management & Development
• Fluent Vietnamese – more... and minor Chinese – less
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Aventura, FLSeptember 7, 2014
management is very friendly. Good place to work. flexible schedules.
Opportunity for growth
Children's Division Specialist (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: opportunity
Cons: long extra hours
I've worked for Bloomingdales for over 3 years its a company that provides excellent benefits and opportunity to grow.
Great place to work and meet new people
Sales Team Leader Men's Clothing (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: employee discount
I'm a sales team leader at Bloomingdales. I oversee the departmental operations on the men's floor. I enjoy interacting and meeting new people. I learn new selling techniques everyday from my managers and peers.
Developing a customer into a client.
Department/ Floor Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaSeptember 1, 2014
A typical day consisted of me familiarizing myself with any communications left from the night before or in the morning. Viewing sales from the day before, viewing daily sales goals, weekly goals and monthly in addition to comp numbers. Focusing on new merchandise, sales or promotion that would ensure a boost of sales. Transfer all information to associates – more... ensuring we are all on the same page in terms of our goals for the day. I do my figure 8's to browse the store and also allow that time to speak to associates, coach, challenge, check-up on them and congratulate them on their successes. I would complete any operational work time-edits, schedules if applicable, days- off, conduct interviews, or separation papers if necessary. – less
You have to be a certain type of person to enjoy working at Bloomies
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2014
Pros: discounts on high end goods
Cons: overtimes is restricted as an ab
very corporate setting that does not allow for much creative freedom
there is a lot of 'red tape' which makes it hard to implement initiatives
Flood Maintenance
RecoveryAssociate (Internship) (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2014
Make sure floor merchandises are organize and assist customer.
Productive & Fun Work Place.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
A typical day at work would have to be satisfying each and every customer & accomplishing all the task at a timely fashion given by management.

I learn a lot of patience with Customer Service, I understand and acknowledge that is all about the customer and their satisfaction i learn how to communicate with customers & give out good customer service – more... because the way you treat a customer is the way you represent your company.

Management should never have to remind you about your customer service they should only give you tips to improve & become better.

You & your coworkers should always motivate each other & always work as a team. Customers should always be every employees priority no matter what you & a coworker may be handling.

The hardest part of the job is trying to learn as much as possible all because you want to show you manager and co workers you can complete your tasks on time and all by your self.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be working as a team with your co workers and completing all your work at the end of the day. Team work always make the Dream Work. Also Satisfying your customers because without them you would have no job & the business your may be working successfully. – less
It's true when they say"Like no other store in the world"!
Y.E.S. Department Selling Specialist (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great benefit program.continuing education with seminars was very beneficial as well.
Cons: schedule when selling manager left her position became occasionally difficult.
A joy to go to work everyday!!! Bloomingdales made me passionate about my job.It was the most bittersweet part of my moving,to leave the Bridgewater store.I will surely miss my clients,co-workers and managers very much.
Good if you don't mind part-time
Merchandising Team (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2014
Pros: lovely work environment
Cons: no room for advancement
Day to day can be pretty repetitive. But when there is a floor move or a new vendor shipment it can be quite fun. No real room for advancement unless someone in a full-time position quits/retires. my co-workers are honestly really good, and so is the management. It is the ones at the top in Macy's Inc that keep the hours down, not the people at Bloomingdales.
Productive and Interactive work place
Sales Associate, Fashion Accessories (Former Employee), Huntington, NYAugust 15, 2014
lively and interactive place to work where I meet and clientele with a variety of people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Century City, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: management not all that great
Very nice people to work with but not enough work to go around. Very slow work environment.
Social workplace
Vince Specialist (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJAugust 11, 2014
I learned salesmanship, how to work with other people, interpersonal communications, how to work with people, how to multitask and prioritize, and consistency.

I enjoyed working with a wide variety of sales associates and managers who each had different techniques in selling and dealing with customers.
Is ok job
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 10, 2014
Could be better, I'm not providing you with a free review, that is what glassdoor is for.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2014
A typical day at work is normal paced with a reasonable workload. I've learned to treat the working environment just like you would treat your own home. Management makes sure everything is in order and everyone is doing what they are supposed to do. Co workers are friendly and are always engaged in work. The hardest part of the job would be changing – more... something at the very last minute if it has already been established. The most enjoyable part of the job is working hard and contributing to the company. – less
great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
One of the most enjoyable jobs I've had. Fun and enjoyable work environment.
Flexible hours, positive enviornment
Sales Professional/Free People (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 4, 2014
Sales, product knowledge & building relationships with clients

1 2 3 4 5

About Bloomingdale's

Popular culture goes on sale every day at Bloomingdale's. A subsidiary of retail giant Macy's, Bloomingdale's boasts more than – Read more