Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

great retailer
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 7, 2017
working with the buyers on line as well understanding presentation and well as presenting that to your customer/ meeting sales goals and providing important information to upper managemant
Pros
meet great people
Cons
long hours on the job
fun and fast paced environment
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDDecember 4, 2017
Overall it was a very positive experience. The numbers are high and so are the expectations to do well. The company is big on maintaining relationships with clients and opening credit within the store. That is a good thing because clients will always come back to you if they are treated well.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
cold calling
threatening enviornment by cosmetic manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale's Chevy ChaseDecember 4, 2017
Management in Cosmetics and human resources are juvenile and prejudice. There are ongoing investigations but no follow through. They are not knowledgeable so employees often have to fend for themselves if they need to find out pertinent information.
Pros
no pros
Cons
not being able to work with people who know what they are doing
Very Big place to work
Visual Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Century City, CADecember 3, 2017
Good Company, not enough hours to get you by. Great place for beginners and students. Not much room for advancement. Its more of a routine after being there for years.
Pros
good schedule for certain positions
Cons
no room for advancement
Summary
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Century City, CANovember 30, 2017
I exceeds expectations in the role of a sales associate. He adapts to change easily, works well under pressure with a positive attitude and is detail-oriented. I went beyond the call of duty by seeking out and following up on additional responsibilities, and contributes frequently to department meetings.

I was an active listener, manages his time efficiently, demonstrates professionalism and is always conscientious about the quality of his work. Although i worked well independently.
I loved the fact thet i was able to move around a,d bulid a realtionship with all the mangers and the coustomurs.
Very nice team work.
Pros
Place to growup
Cons
not enough money to keep up with the dress code
Fast Paced
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJNovember 28, 2017
I enjoyed working in the Men's department and the Lingerie department. I enjoyed helping customers make purchases that best suit their needs and body types.
Fun and fast paced . Aesthetically comforting
Assistant manager, Cosmetics (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
it was a fast paced job and rather relaxing, once you get used to the pace . nice place to network also as a fair amount of celebrities did their shopping in Bloomies.

it was a rather diverse pace and issues of discrimination were rather rare.

.The only down side was that in-house mechanism for growth was shrouded in secrecy . in order to grow, one had to step out and make personal initiatives . thus there was a high turnover of employees .
Pros
discounts
Cons
late hours .
Had Fun
Assistant to Personal Shopper (Intern) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
I was an in intern here for school credit. It was fund working here for the most part. I loved the brands. It was a very fashion driven environment, which was nice.
Bloomingdale's
Bridal Registry Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Century City, CANovember 26, 2017
Working at Bloomingdale's has been fun. Management team is great, and the staff is friendly. For the most part the days are easy but it can get a bit stressful and tiring at times.
busy work pace job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2017
Assisted customers with desire merchandise, stock up the shelves, took inventory for all merchandise needed.also worked the register, needee to have a proper attire apperance to greet the buying customers, on seasonal aoccasion it got pretty busy and had to meet deadline.
Pros
Discount on all store products.
Cons
no room for advancement
Fun workplace
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDNovember 24, 2017
It's a great place to work and the management was supportive and empowering. Every day there was something new to learn and knowledge was shared freely. Fashion is high end!
Pros
Supportive management, training
great
Stock/Receiving (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 24, 2017
Recommends
Neutral Outlook
Approves of CEO
I have been working at Bloomingdale's part-time (More than a year)
Pros
I love working with the customers. My peers are fun to work with. Great discount. Managers are really nice.
Cons
You're paycheck can be really low on non peak months. Scheduling of hours is not strategic. Too many sales people on the floor can be tougher to make good sales.
Advice to Management
Put less sales people on the floor and put more thought into the schedule.
fast paced- Great Environment
Sales Professional/BCBGMAXAZRIA (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10022November 23, 2017
Workplace was very competitive as most commission based department stores are. Overall, Employees were friendly and so were the managers. Great place to work to meet people from all over.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Drawer vs Commission
High Stress Environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2017
During the peak seasons days can become very stressful.
Not much recognition is given for one's accomplishment.
The work environment seems hostile at times.
Most of management has somehow failed upward.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Lots of cons
nice place to work
STEWART WEITZMAN SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 17, 2017
commission pay. with seasonal highs and lows. Very fast moving. A lot of communication all day long. Never a change of view though and not a lot of room to grow.
Pros
discounts.
Cons
commision work.
It was good at first ,then it became unfair .
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 15, 2017
They cut my hours and I was acknowledged as the best worker ,but certain people habe recieved more hours for doin nothing. It wasnt fair,so I stopped workomg because I went to 30 hours to 12 hours , then to 9 hours a week .I was 33 atvthe time with a pregnant girlfriend and a apartment.
large retail buisness, must be able to make sales
Executive Development Program (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2017
the discounts are good, but overall too large of a company. The managers are a bit overworked so hard to get in contact with sometimes. You have to be able to sell and retain clients as well as open credit cards.
Pros
discount
Cons
on your feet
Fun,relaxed,nice pay.
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2017
My time at Bloomingdale's was good for the year that I worked for this company except for one of my mangers who was just so unprofessional at time but other then that it was a well rounded environment.
A whole different world.
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2017
I didn't work in the department store as sales or retail period. I worked in the restaurant, where it's almost as though we were the step children. So this review doesn't reflect on Bloomingdales as the department store. The management & leadership in the restaurant is lacking horribly, which causes a lot of things to crumble.
Pros
Free lunches great benefits great break time.
Cons
Bad mangers. Bad scheduling not enough pay for the work.
Eh
Sales Associate - Men's Designer (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJNovember 8, 2017
It's fine for a temporary job, not long term. The managers are awful, the commission plan is impossible during pretty much every month except December and January.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomingdale's. Our community is ready to answer.