Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's United States Employee Reviews

Highly professional setting
Commissioned sales (Former Employee), Costa MesaMay 2, 2015
Build and maintain a clientele base and grow the companies business. Commissioned environment. Daily task is to open credit cards and call your customers to come back in order to drive more business.
Horrible and selfish senior management
merch manager (Current Employee), laMay 1, 2015
Lack of an HR department allows senior management to unethically force and counsel out hard and dedicated workers.
There is a sense of decreased employee morale with the lack of communication and support from the senior team.
Decent place to start out
Shoe Sales (Current Employee), Ny, NYMay 1, 2015
A decent place to start out your career if you want to advance within fashion. Growing within the company isn't something I would recommend unless you want to be in management, and it's very difficult to move around within the company if you want to grow.
work place culture
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Glendale, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: benefits -pension plans
Cons: sub-par environment to work in
lacks ac countably of management -- no buy-in to help sales professionals to advance ; if it so happens , then your "liked" not managed. Lacks sales and customer service talent to really match the other high-end stores, --- which drowns out the few whom really put forth stellar efforts.
If your not working in the 59th Street store then ... your pretty much working for a licensed product of Macy's. (Federated Inc.)
But really good benefits and pension plan.
Mellow work place
Specialist (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLApril 27, 2015
Assist customers with information about products, constant movement. A fun team of people to work with. Great co-workers.
Fun Place to work with
Fashion Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAApril 27, 2015
Working at Bloomingdale's was a great opportunity for me to experience. I learned a lot while working with extraordinary customers and what a experience I tell you.
exciting suportive
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 26, 2015
Responsible monthly sales goals / Assisted in all training of all new associates /Developed a book of business would produce $30K in retail sales
Fun atmosphere, never the same day twice! Good job if you are looking for discounts!
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Garden City, NYApril 22, 2015
Busy work day, from 7 in the morning until you leave, physical and demanding but rewarding.

I love being able to see markdowns on merchandise, good way to shop!

Very physical, you do not realize how tired you are until you sit down.
Fun and laid back enviroment
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Century City, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free products and employee discounts
Cons: Work weekends all the time
Loved my co-workers, boss was really laid back and nice, the people who shopped there kinda sucked. Was a really fun work environment with a lot of shopping perks.
Answered incoming phone calls and assisted callers appropriately
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 20, 2015
Ensured floor was fully and correctly stocked
Restocked neccesary items on the floor
Assisted customers with their selections
Informed customers of sales events
retail for Polo
Sales Representative (Former Employee), White Plains, NYApril 19, 2015
Pros: discounts on clothes
Cons: no money. terrible managers
Worked in the Polo department of Bloomingdales in White Plains. Folded thousand of clothes and made sure they were presentable. Worked the register.
I love my line of work it gives me the opportunity to create my own level of success
Sales Associate (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Make your own schedule
Cons: no cons
My typical day at work consist of establishing clientele relationships through meeting the needs of customers.

I learned how diversity in the work area develops personal growth.

My management is very supportive and goal orientated.

My co-workers are very helpful and cooperative.

I don't believe in difficulty if you love what you do and your happy with what your doing and most importantly happy with yourself and how your doing things.
Bloomingdales cares about their employee's
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Wayne, NJApril 14, 2015
I worked there for almost 7 Years as a sales manager, I loved it!!!
The management team overall are very professional and are focused on creating a fun environment for all employee's. They have high expectations in maintaining customer service at all times and teams sales performance. At times it can be very stressful but success is always recognized and greatly awarded!!!
productive and fun workplace
Buying Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
This place is exciting, fun, fast paced, collaborative, free coffee, reasonable hours, good location, lots of development and room for growth
Great Company
Recovery Team Member (Former Employee), Aventura, FLApril 12, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Bloomingdale's is a great company to work for. I only wish I was able to continue with them after the holidays. I recommend anyone to use this company as a starting point in their career.
Shishedo
Beauty Consultant Shiseido (Former Employee), Skokie, ILApril 7, 2015
loves the skincare line. the hours are not that great my co workers where alot of fun the only thing that was bad was the hours and the pay
Fun workplace
Outstanding customer service priority (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 6, 2015
Pros: Associate Appreciation Lunches
In working at Bloomingdales, I've learned how to be a personal shopper. I've gained great customer service experience to add to what I had already. I would say that the hardest part of my job was trying to remember all the brands that we carried. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers receive quick and friendly service being that I did work in the Children s Department.
Retail job that allows me to use my fashion and customer service skills
Retail Specialist (Current Employee), White Plains, NYApril 2, 2015
The hardest part of the job is being overworked and underappreciated. Customers are difficult and take advantage of the flexible return policy. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with wonderful people who take pride in their work.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: staff friendly
Cons: Pre-sales and promotions are very disorganized
The morning shift prepares the department to look fantastic. We open the registers and pull internet orders. Bloomie's has several online programs on the register/ computer, ranging from time and scheduling to client credit history. Super easy to open and balance. We attend weekly pep rallies. I noticed that foot traffic is light compared to previous years. I believe the decrease is due in part to ordering online. The hardest part of the job is looking busy and getting shifts all over the place. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers.
Overall an interesting place to work
Specialist for Haute Hippie and Ramy Brook (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2015
Pros: free 20 minute breaks, break room was nice and clean. Employee discount was also a plus.
Cons: commission vs draw quota is very hard to meet sometimes, The return policy is horrible and greatly affects our commission checks .
Some days at Bloomingdales would be busy other day it would be very slow. Making commission at Bloomingdales was very hard especially since there are other employees that you would have to compete against. Some sales did help most sales associates make money. On the positive side Management is very helpful ,and my coworkers make work easier; we all work as a team to help each other out. The hardest part of the job is opening up credit accounts - we had to open up a certain number of credits per month- ; most shoppers already had a Bloomingdales account, other were not interested and other were foreigners who could not sign up for the card even if they wanted to. The most enjoyable part of the job is shopping around the store with our discount, and enjoying the delicious food at our various restaurants, also with our discount!

1 2 3 4 5

About Bloomingdale's

Popular culture goes on sale every day at Bloomingdale's. A subsidiary of retail giant Macy's, Bloomingdale's boasts more than – Read more

Bloomingdale's Salaries