Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's United States Employee Reviews

retail for Polo
Sales Representative (Former Employee), White Plains, NYApril 19, 2015
Pros: discounts on clothes
Cons: no money. terrible managers
Worked in the Polo department of Bloomingdales in White Plains. Folded thousand of clothes and made sure they were presentable. Worked the register.
I love my line of work it gives me the opportunity to create my own level of success
Sales Associate (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Make your own schedule
Cons: no cons
My typical day at work consist of establishing clientele relationships through meeting the needs of customers.

I learned how diversity in the work area develops personal growth.

My management is very supportive and goal orientated.

My co-workers are very helpful and cooperative.

I don't believe in difficulty if you love what you do and your happy with what your doing and most importantly happy with yourself and how your doing things.
Bloomingdales cares about their employee's
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Wayne, NJApril 14, 2015
I worked there for almost 7 Years as a sales manager, I loved it!!!
The management team overall are very professional and are focused on creating a fun environment for all employee's. They have high expectations in maintaining customer service at all times and teams sales performance. At times it can be very stressful but success is always recognized and greatly awarded!!!
productive and fun workplace
Buying Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
This place is exciting, fun, fast paced, collaborative, free coffee, reasonable hours, good location, lots of development and room for growth
Great Company
Recovery Team Member (Former Employee), Aventura, FLApril 12, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Bloomingdale's is a great company to work for. I only wish I was able to continue with them after the holidays. I recommend anyone to use this company as a starting point in their career.
Shishedo
Beauty Consultant Shiseido (Former Employee), Skokie, ILApril 7, 2015
loves the skincare line. the hours are not that great my co workers where alot of fun the only thing that was bad was the hours and the pay
Fun workplace
Outstanding customer service priority (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 6, 2015
Pros: Associate Appreciation Lunches
In working at Bloomingdales, I've learned how to be a personal shopper. I've gained great customer service experience to add to what I had already. I would say that the hardest part of my job was trying to remember all the brands that we carried. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers receive quick and friendly service being that I did work in the Children s Department.
Retail job that allows me to use my fashion and customer service skills
Retail Specialist (Current Employee), White Plains, NYApril 2, 2015
The hardest part of the job is being overworked and underappreciated. Customers are difficult and take advantage of the flexible return policy. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with wonderful people who take pride in their work.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: staff friendly
Cons: Pre-sales and promotions are very disorganized
The morning shift prepares the department to look fantastic. We open the registers and pull internet orders. Bloomie's has several online programs on the register/ computer, ranging from time and scheduling to client credit history. Super easy to open and balance. We attend weekly pep rallies. I noticed that foot traffic is light compared to previous years. I believe the decrease is due in part to ordering online. The hardest part of the job is looking busy and getting shifts all over the place. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers.
Overall an interesting place to work
Specialist for Haute Hippie and Ramy Brook (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2015
Pros: free 20 minute breaks, break room was nice and clean. Employee discount was also a plus.
Cons: commission vs draw quota is very hard to meet sometimes, The return policy is horrible and greatly affects our commission checks .
Some days at Bloomingdales would be busy other day it would be very slow. Making commission at Bloomingdales was very hard especially since there are other employees that you would have to compete against. Some sales did help most sales associates make money. On the positive side Management is very helpful ,and my coworkers make work easier; we all work as a team to help each other out. The hardest part of the job is opening up credit accounts - we had to open up a certain number of credits per month- ; most shoppers already had a Bloomingdales account, other were not interested and other were foreigners who could not sign up for the card even if they wanted to. The most enjoyable part of the job is shopping around the store with our discount, and enjoying the delicious food at our various restaurants, also with our discount!
Customers were amazing
Y.E.S WOMEN'S SALES (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2015
I always exceeded my numbers and goals. But I was the only male in my department, management didn't care that my co-workers would steal sales from me.
For the most part it was very educational in field. I learned a lot.
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Ability to control your own schedule, Worked very well with most asscociates. Great relations with HR .
Cons: Associates were not held accountable, immediate manager was never available
I learned a lot of product knowledge while at Bloomingdales. Managers were not available for extreme issues. Associates were not held accountable. Very different from previous work environments.
great place to work
Burberry Merchandiser/ Stock Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: events with free food for employees
I loved working here. Great management team. They value their employees. When i walked in the building it felt like family.
Invested in their team members
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Training opportunities
Cons: Job Advancement
Working for Bloomingdales, although only for a short time, was a very positive experience. They really invested in us by offering us ample opportunities to work closely with vendors so that we were more knowledgable about the products we carried and could pass that information onto our clients.
Fun, Build Relationships, Fashion Forward
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJMarch 16, 2015
Pros: building relationships with your regular clients
Cons: daily calls to all your clients for every weekly event
Build relationships with clients, co-workers, vendors and meeting fashion Designers.

Fashion Shows and special events every season

Expectations: Open C/C, Build Clientel Book and reach daily goals for every sale events

Accountability: High

1. Remerchandising every department daily, with new/old and clearance product.
2. Maintaining organized Backroom (backstock) by designer and size
3. Monthly meetings with sales associates: product knowledge, customer neccessities, individual sales goals, company directives
Productive and fun workplace
Beauty Advisor Specialist (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 16, 2015
Great career starter in Sales and esthetics. It really depends on the management to have a strong team. The store manager is the real glue to a successful retail store. When there's no support associates look else where for better opportunities.
Professional
Internship (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYMarch 16, 2015
I work and go to school, so I am grateful they can work with my schedule. I feel like my co workers are great and so is management.
Great job if you like to work with people.
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 16, 2015
Exciting and invigorating to deal with new issues and projects each day.

Great to work in conjunction with other associates on a daily basis.

Being in Human Resources and being able to help other associates was always very rewarding and satisfying.
excellent platform
BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee), Aventura,FlMarch 10, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: no cons
Perfect environment to start up your career,learn all about retail,customers, market,management.
If you give 110% you are sure to grow and succeed.
fun work and great managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: great company to work for
the coits temp position , like i said it was great to work with and looking forward to work with them againmpany is great would love to go back and work with them also

1 2 3 4 5

About Bloomingdale's

Popular culture goes on sale every day at Bloomingdale's. A subsidiary of retail giant Macy's, Bloomingdale's boasts more than – Read more

Bloomingdale's Salaries