Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's Employer Reviews

Terrible management/great employees
Selling professional (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, beautiful product
Cons: terrible management, no consideration for employee morale
The management and HR at this store does nothing to support it's employees. They will tolerate abusive sales and merchandising managers even if there are multiple complaints from vendors, employees and customers. Favoritism prevails and there is no room for growth. The inmates are running the asylum. Run away as fast as you can!
Working at Blooingdale's is a very enjoyable job.
B Cafe Attendant/Gift Wrapping Attendant (Current Employee), Willowbrook Mall Wayne NJFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: discounts at bloomingdale's
Cons: discounts at bloomingdale's, i spend too much money
A typical day at work for me outwardly seems very mundane. But the reality is quite different. Although most of my day is spent serving food, I have learned that it is very important for me to take a deep interest in my customers. Most people that come to my cafe not only want to be served food, but also want to be severed comfort for their souls.

I have also learned a great deal about the food industry, which I believe can be easily translated to other fields. Among other things I have learned about inventory, ordering, and pricing of products.

I enjoy working with the management and my co-workers at Bloomingdale's.

If I had to pick the hardest part of my job, I would say it is when the store is slow and we have very few customers. It is always more fun and more fulfilling to interact with our customers.
selling the coats
Sales Associate - Ladies' Coats & Swimwear (Former Employee), Skokie, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: selling the coats
Cons: long hours
stocking of coats andswimwear entering new stock as comes in assiting customers with fittings getting the job done on time
Great place to work at.
Loss Prevention Detective (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: fun, friendly and safe environment.
Great work environment, with fun and friendly people. Management knows what they are doing and are very helpful. Company provides great benefits.
Loved the clientele
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Elegant store , loved the atmosphere. The sales associate were very helpful when asked. covered your breaks when needed
Large sale professional company
Financial Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: set in their ways
I worked in the Bloomingdales headquarters where I had my first real taste in large company culture. The company was a great place t work even though there were many difficulties with volume and broken systems that needed to be repaired. I was in a position where I decided to resign during a reorganization of the company.
Average Retail Work Place
Seasonal, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: discount on various brands
Cons: short breaks, terrible management
Was a very unpleasant experience working for this employer. Management always seemed to have too much on their plates to further assists their coworkers when in need.
not a good place to work.
Senior Account Executive, Marketing (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Mgmnt plays favorites and promotes based on that. Under pay employees and are not treated like adults who can manged their own work load. Expected to sit at desk from 9am - 6pm regardless of workload.
Fabulous upscale Department Stores. Fun work environment. Great work/life balance.
Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Bloomingdales offers good management training programs and strives to promote from within.

They have great benefits such as medical, dental, 401K, and vacation accrual.

There is a positive "vibe" amongst most associates and management is very approachable.

The best part of the job is satisfying customers, and yet the hardest part is satisfying our upscale client base.
Low pay, holidays, night hours, standing on your feet all day
Sales Associate, New View Designer (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: long hours, returns taken out of commissions....they let customers return everything. worn, torn, soiled.
If you are more than 7 minutes late you get points and they dock your pay. Management is never around. Standing on your feet all day is terrible. Pay is low and little chance for advancement. If you know someone you can start off as a manager.
Great wrok environment
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: benefits are good
Cons: need more oppourtunity for advancement
Had a great working experience, they are very flexible with the schedule and it is you meet many people, also the customers are are great, Good job if your a student or have other occupations.
fun work place coworker are a great team high energy
Concierge (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great sales
I like the people and the customers made my day go fast .over all was a goo experience I worked with 100 people in my department and we all got the job done as a team and had fun while we did it it was a very high energy department due to a lot of traffic
High Energy
Assist high profile customers (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 9, 2015
-working directly with customers as a fashion stylist
-keeping up to date with fashion trends
-responsible for replenishment and shipping products out to customers
-events for special sales and holidays require client outreach
Excellent exemplification of Department Retail
Outstanding customer service skill development (Former Employee), Wayne, NJFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great employee discounts, understanding with breaks
Cons: point system for clockings, scheduling
I enjoyed the people I worked with very much. They were a great team and helped me get acclimated very fast. The job itself was a lot of work physically, but the company was very understanding with breaks. The hardest part of the job was probably having to close the department by yourself if say someone hadn't been scheduled to close with you. What I enjoyed most was the people I worked with and the customers I met and helped. They really made the job but, as I said earlier the work itself is like nothing in retail I've ever had to endure in terms of a lack of staffing.
Abusive management
Chanel (Former Employee), Manhattan 59th streetFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: no pros
DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, MANAGEMENT( shop director of Chanel) creates an abusive work environment for employees by creating an hostile environment.
Very unpredictable salary and clients
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Mangement is lacking, and the company is lost. The company also do not provide the money to effectively operate and generate new products to sell. And they are always behind fashion trends and consumer needs.
Love handling customer relation issues
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: awesome management team, great discounts
Cons: no available full time hours, no health care for part time associates, very hard to pick up a shift
A typical day at work is managing your customer relation handbook and keeping a close relation with your customers and always having a positive attitude when dealing with every customer you are helping. I learn something new each and everyday that i work, there is always lots to learn about the job because we have many departments and different merchandize as well as price points. The management team are excellent and helping all associates. I get along with all of my coworkers and are fun to work with. The hardest part of my job would be available hours since I am only a part time associate it is very hard to pick up shift because there are no hours to pick up and we have to many people in our department. The most enjoyable part about my job is that at the least I have job and are able to provide for my family.
Competitive and exciting environment
Sales Professional (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Sales goal of $1500 every day, consistent client follow up
Learned how to build lasting relationships with clients
Constantly planning with management to achieve company and individual sales goals
Co-workers are competitive and professional
Hardest part of the job is marketing sales and promotions to clients via telephone/Email
The best part of the job is when you deliver exactly what the customer is looking for through the best experience.
Productive and energetic workplace
Co-op Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
As an associate at Bloomingdale's, a typical day began with going over our sales from the previous day/week, follow ups with clients, setting your own personal goals and maintaining/merchandising the shop. I learned that with hard work and the right attitude, anything can be accomplished. My co-workers are most definitely a great bunch; motivating, energetic, and communicative. The hardest part of the job were definitely the holiday seasons. At times customers would become impatient, aggressive, and demanding. The most enjoyable part, however, was learning new and interesting facts about my customers, and gaining their loyalty as my new and potential clients.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), paramus, njJanuary 30, 2015
Very Busy, a lot of work, a lot of different tasks to learn, a little over whelming at first but it was manageable. Co workers were very helpful and trained me well.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bloomingdale's

Popular culture goes on sale every day at Bloomingdale's. A subsidiary of retail giant Macy's, Bloomingdale's boasts more than – Read more