Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's Employer Reviews

Great products
Professional Sales Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: comp plan changes and lost loyalty from workers
Bloomingdales was a lot fun to work for. I worked their for 7 years but had to resign due to re-location. First 6 years was a lot fun and co workers are outstanding. Pass year, I could not say the same. Management lacks knowledge and leadership. Morale were all time low. I wish Bloomingdales would keep the previous comp plan which benefits everyone.
best job
Concierge (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: salary, discounts, always making friends and connections
Absolutely love this job. pays very well. can never save money with all the goodies this store contains.
Part-time
not available (Former Employee), Skokie, ILJanuary 13, 2015
The discount was great. Wages low but in line or better than most retailers.
Great Service
Skin Care Specialist/Sales (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Great company to work for at Short Hills Location. Wonderful staff and management. They understood my needs as a worker and in turn I gave my best
Great Pay
Store Detective (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: pay
Pay is great, fun coworkers. Flagship store is large and gives you a lot to do throughout the day.
Great enviorment
high end furniture sales (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: selling
Cons: not always having product available
Product knowledge was the most important. I learned a lot of designing tools. Management was very supportive. Co workers helped each other out. Hardest part of job was making sure furniture was delivered properly and in good order. Enjoyed helping customers pick out furniture or mattress they were happy with.
Very fast pace and uptight
Women's Shoe Professional (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAJanuary 8, 2015
This is not a place of unity. Many of the coworkers wont even speak to you if you dont work with in the same department. Snotty people, and they offer no bennifits to part time employees
Friendly atmosphere with a pool table in employee lounge
Sales Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee), 1000 Third AvenueJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: work long hours
Attentive to customers inquiry while selling merchandise and encouraging long term relationships. Give 100% customer service to all guests and employees. I learned the best way to satisfy a customers is to give the customer what he/she wants within good judgement.
Fun workplace and Merchandise Management is amazing
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: amazing discounts
Strong training program and large classes of undergraduate hires. Good work life balance, decent starting salary.

It is a large corporation so it can seem like change happens slowly and moving up the ladder can also take time.

Huge disconnect between salaried management and commissioned sales associates
do not work in a place that doesn't pay you hourly
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: discount, free goodies sometimes
Cons: commission pay, crazy schedule
the entire commission pay is bs. The people are nice but pay is horrible!
fast pace, fun work place
full-time loading dock lead (Current Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: active work place
workdays consist of shipping and receiving, furniture wrapping. and supply inventory counts and orders.
A fun fashionable work place
Assistant manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: discounts as well as free treats.
Cons: health care and receiving more hours.
To be able to experience fashion first hand. I've learned the in and outs of what fashionably excepted and well as maintaining you own personal style. Co- workers maintained a great level of professionalism as well as great communication between employers and employees.
Good experience
Research marketing (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: good discount great staff
Cons: travel is harsh if you dont drive
GREAT PAY GREAT STAFF GREAT HOURS GOOD PAY VERY COMPETITIVE
Amazing management team.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sherman Oaks, CADecember 31, 2014
Probably the closest team I've ever been a part of. The selection was very vast.
great incentives
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PADecember 31, 2014
Pros: extra discount
Cons: management not always on the same page
Bloomingdales is a place you have to get used too. In most departments you have to be a shark or you will not make your sales goals. I mean don't stalk the customers just stand out more than your coworker. Everyone I worked with were seasoned associates who have been there for years and had a client base but they will still try to take all the customers. I learned to game and gained a really good client base. Co-worker wise everybody is different you just have to adjust yourself to everyone. Hardest part is dealing with all the personalities but after you learn how to take you feelings out of it you'll be good.
Exciting and Enjoyable workplace
Interior Design/Furniture Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), White Plains, NYDecember 27, 2014
I enjoyed working at this company, it allowed for creativity and growth as an individual.
High-end Retail Experience
Ladies Shoes (Former Employee), Aventura, FLDecember 26, 2014
Pros: discounts, personal development skills
Cons: compensation, physical labor, high stress
Bloomingdale's is a very structured organization. The job, like other retailers requires you to be hands on and active. Working in the Ladies Shoes department you are required to complete a stock assignment before every shift, insuring that the cleanliness of the stock room. I learned how to retain information and locations of the shoes, finding the right shoe for the customer could make or break a sale. My co-workers for the most part are friendly to your face, and cut-throat behind your back. That is to be expected in a commissioned zone, usually the meaner you were the more money you made. The managers had a laid-back and relaxed attitude for the most part, but when the senior management put pressure on the sales managers, the sales managers put pressure on us. At times the managers focused more on the employees that earned the most because they were more likely to succeed. The hardest part about he the job was he actual physical labor, running around in a two-story stock room for hours did not guarantee a positive sale day, especially when getting returns were inevitable. The most enjoyable part about the job was being able to meet interesting customers, and developing relationships. I learned a lot about how to market myself and how to create relationships on a professional level.
productive, fun, busy, professional
Designer Sales Professional (Current Employee), Glendale, CADecember 25, 2014
Good place to work, very helpful Management and co workers. it has a very busy schedule, and the amount of traffic coming into the store keeps me on my toes. very updated with latest fashion and trends. flexible hours and variation in work shift.
A day at Bloomingdale's
Shop Manager - Soho, NY (Former Employee), Soho, New York NYDecember 15, 2014
It was very productive, between building a client book and maximizing on each and every sale. I learned how to multitask, and increase the businesses numbers. The hardest part of the job was having to let associates go if they didn't meet their goals. One of the best parts was building a team of amazing coworkers and watching each of them grow!
Great, Positive Work Environment
Fashion Accessories Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2014
From my short time working here at Bloomingdales, I have to say that I really enjoy the environment and the company. I've only been here as a seasonal associate, but I feel very much at home here. I love majority of the people I work with especially in my department. I would say about 90% of the employees here seem to be very positive and friendly and I believe its because the management team at Bloomies actually take the time to review peoples personalities during the interviewing process. Employees seem to always be smiling and in a positive mood. I love that factor the most. Another great thing about the company is that managers all seem to be on the same page with new promotions, events and sales even if its not their department. Its very good that I can call almost any manager if I need help with a situation and they'll usually know the correct procedures and how to resolve the issue. As far as the company itself, I don't have any complaints or doubts. I genuinely feel as though they're doing everything right. Scheduling is very flexible as well. Its extremely convenient how as employees we can go online and pick up extra shifts or "advertise or switch" a shift with another associate if you're not available that specific day, without the hassle of getting management approval and waiting for a response. Needless to say, Bloomingdales is a great company to work for and I'd definitely suggest it for anyone interested in working high end retail.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bloomingdale's

Popular culture goes on sale every day at Bloomingdale's. A subsidiary of retail giant Macy's, Bloomingdale's boasts more than – Read more