Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

Productive and great place to work overall
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Seminars, free food, coworkers, raffles, promotional events
Cons: commission, short in staff, scheduling
A typical day at work is being able to set up rooms for customers, create a relationship to further your clientele base with customers. I've learned to multitask and always catering to customers needs, being patient with customers and employees that I work with, and always staying up to date with latest trends, just in case customers ask. The hardest part of the job is being able to multitask and the most enjoyable part of the job is being around my coworkers and meeting new and interesting people everyday on the job.
Productive and Busy day at Bloomingdales
Personal Stylist (Current Employee), Wayne, NJJuly 29, 2015
Pros: fun work place and environment, enjoy working with customers, and learning about new brands.
Cons: not enough hours, sometimes short-staffed.
A typical day at work at Bloomingdales would be boosting the store's sales and meeting sales criteria of course, as well as working individually with customers who need to be styled, as well as to wardrobe the customer and provide to any of their specific needs if necessary. Throughout the day there would be fitting room duties and the rolling racks should they become filled it is my co-workers responsibility and mine to put the clothing pieces and items to where they belong by brand on our floor, or walk the pieces to their department. I have expanded my knowledge of many brands during my time working for this company, many of which I have never even heard of before. The most enjoyable part of the job would be styling clients which is eventually my ultimate goal in my career path. Co-workers vary in all types of ages from my age group to older associates who have worked for the company for years, it's great to have a mix of both categories as you can always learn something new from the associates, and they're always willing to help if needed.
Productive fun workplace
Brand Manager (Former Employee), Boca RatonJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Prizes for good work, Management, Discounts, Fashion Education, Social Experience
Cons: On feet all day, commissions, competitive co workers
Working at Bloomingdales was different than most retailers. There was much more responsibility which I thought was outstanding. The women's designer New View section was broken up by mini stores. I was the private label specialist so I was in charge of maintaining the area, merchandising, visual, etc. I would also connect with shoppers and try my best to market the product. I worked very closely with buyers in the headquarter locations where we would discuss how many items of a product I needed, what worked and what didn't. I found the hardest part of the job was working with seasoned professionals on a commission based level. The most enjoyable part was getting educated on fashion and really connecting with the merchandise and people in the store.
Great Experience
Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2015
Great environment, in a great location. Guests are pleasant and make your job a breeze. I would recommend working here if you are a big "people person".
Great starting job
SALES PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
A sales job is a great job if you have the time and energy to put into it. If you make work your life you will be heavily paid for that sacrifice. However if you go to work with a negative and lazy attitude it will show in your check
great place to work
sales floor manager (Former Employee), bloomingdales pbg.flJuly 27, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: liked company
I worked here 20 yrs ago when I came to fl. I started on the sales floor .I was able to tranfer to different depts. I worked in customer service and cash office. One year I was mgr. of xmas trim a tree shop. had to quit having a baby bed rest
awful
sales professional (Former Employee), Wayne, NJJuly 23, 2015
Pros: customers are nice
Cons: staff is just awful
bad place to work staff is terrible don't care about the customers only care about making sales management is awful will talk nasty to you and treat you like dirt like being in high school all the girls gossip about one another including mangers.
fun workplace
Assistant de vente et d'inventaire (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: No free lunch
Cons: short break
I had a great time at Bloomingdale's with a lot of learning experience about management! the hardest part of the Job was stocking and inventory. NOT THAT HARD BUT REQUIRED A LOT OF ATTENTION FOR AVOIDING MISTAKE!
No manaerial suport
Serving as Coach Specialist I (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2015
Same retail story..Bloomies is no different. Very cheap company..No support to achieve goals.

very little thought is put into supporting associates.
was happy
Back Room Associate (Former Employee), Wayne, NJJuly 21, 2015
decent people where i was at. everyone tried to help each other. not completely busy like other retail stores but you still got to deal with enough customers throughout the day.
Commission Based
Retail Sales Associate - Alice & Olivia (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2015
It was very competitive working on commission.
The environment is very live and fun. Working with the customers from just about anywhere helped you engage in a sale.
The people make the job
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2015
I learn the most from interacting with my co-managers, associates, and supervisors on the selling floor, not training in a classroom. . My hope is that as I coach and train associates, they realize how much of an impact they can have not only to the customers, but also to each other.
Nice Manager and Benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAJuly 16, 2015
Great organization to work for but could use fresh ideas for organizational and accountability of stock problems.

Benefits included special sales incentives and discount days for employees.
Absolutely loved working here
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2015
It was upbeat and positive. My co workers were very helpful great team players. Management was always supportive and efficient in resolving situations if they should occur. i enjoy every minute of working at Bloomingdales there was never a dull day.
Fun work environment with a focus on teamwork
Designer Handbags Sales Professional (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great sense of community
Cons: Management
The store was a great place to work with its bright atmosphere and relaxed environment that allowed you to feel comfortable selling and building friendships with your clientele.
Great environment with understanding management
Sales Associate/Specialist, Designer Handbags (Current Employee), South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, CAJuly 8, 2015
Being a Sales Associate at Bloomingdales is prosperous, if you're passionate about fashion. You have the ability to socalize with coworkers and customers in wide age range, which keeps the job fresh. The management varies between departments, so its best to stay social and find what manager best suits you. The hardest part of the job is maintaining high sales goals during the off season. And the most enjoyable part of the job for me was the process of sales overall. It's great connecting someone with an item they genuinely want.
Great team of people and support group
Women's Shoe Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2015
Pros: great discounts. excellent mercahndise
Cons: Management was not great and turn over
Loved working there. Good compensation, with great benefits. Could be better room for advancement. Learned a lot as far as follow up and client base selling.
Great atmosphere
Fragrance Specialist Cosmetic Sales (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAJuly 7, 2015
I love the the team I work with. I partner with lots of eager associates and enjoy partaking in dynamic sales opportunities. Our clientele consists of almost 70% tourists and the remainder are locals. The most challenging part of the job is maintaining return clientele as a good majority are international clients. This poses a dichotomy because if it were not for the challenge of maintaing clientele, I would not have the opportunity to meet so many amazing people.
Not much fun for employees over fifty(50)
Department Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Summer Fridays and half days before holidays.
Cons: No room for growth.
Worked there for 34 years my first job out of school learned a lot because there are classes you can attend to help you with new technology, not much room for advancement except you are executive. Enjoyed every day going to work, the most enjoyable part of my job was creating all reports for my buyers.
Good Place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Corporate Co. with good rules
Cons: Had some previlages
Worked in High end Jewelry Section and was really proud to work for Bloomingdales. Good memories.
I had very professional Managers who were trained to take good care of it Employees

1 2 3 4 5

About Bloomingdale's

Popular culture goes on sale every day at Bloomingdale's. A subsidiary of retail giant Macy's, Bloomingdale's boasts more than – Read more

Bloomingdale's Salaries