Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

Spectacular Atmosphere
Sutton Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Aventura, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: Reduced prices in clothing and at the restaurant
Cons: No cons
Bloomingdales is one of the largest chain stores I have ever worked for. The working atmosphere is phenomenal. We were encouraged to live a well balanced life and there were also seminars and product knowledge classes to increase our expertise in different areas. My co-workers were always respectful and kind. No part was hard for me because I love to work. The most enjoyable part of the work was being able to engage with customers and co-workers in a healthy atmosphere.
Moving up
Head Online Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 26, 2015
You get made promises to move up, yet it never happens, which is disheartening when you like your job. Co-workers are great and friendly, you become a family after a while.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN ENVIRONMENT
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2015
Pros: EMPLOEE DISCOUNT
Cons: RESTROOM CLEANING
I learned how to work with people and also problem solve and I feel that these skills will highly benefit me in this employment. I am also very willing to learn, and am able to pick up new skills very quickly. I can use a computer well and am flexible in learning new programs which may be specific to this job. In addition to this I have played on a sports team for a long time, which has made me very used to working with other people, and has given me good people skills. Not only this but I enjoy many creative activities such as writing and painting, and I am able to take skills that I have picked up in one discipline and apply them in other ways through lateral thinking.
Bloomingdales Atlanta
Fulfillment / logistics support team associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2015
Great support staff, Good benefits, some of the Sales "Professionals", Store Manager, Asst. store Manager, HR Manager and some of the floor manager just SUCK. if work want to work at this location work in support they band together to help one other. if you work any other place in this locating be prepare to at it alone or with attitude.
Prestigious International Company with upscale furniture products
Retail sales (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2015
Pros: Good benefits medical and 401K. Professional coworkers and beautiful surroundings.
Cons: None really.
I worked with a staff of 5 to create an outstanding atmosphere for a New York regional 30,000 sq ft foot showroom for an international manufacturer of sophisticated office furniture products. Communicated with NY sales staff and corporate office to support their sales needs and to create a pristine, fully functional showroom. Orchestrated and coordinated daily multiple meetings and presentations to A& D community and corporate end users. Worked with suppliers needed to facilitate a functioning showroom and contracted and negotiated with them for the company. Approved all expenses.
Bullock's made it possible for me to learn and grow in my position. Within a year, I was promoted to Office Manager.
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY TO EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2015
Had an excellent opportunity to learn how to be an office manager. They offered promotion from within the company. The hardest part of the job was having responsibility for employees. Having to fire someone is never a pleasant thing to do. On the other hand, hiring someone, is one of the enjoyable parts of the job.
Fast paced and a very helpful work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2015
What ive learned from working here is that you can never judge a book by its cover. No matter what initial impressions you would get when talking people, you never know if that person is an average joe or even a millionaire shopping in sweats and a tee.
Busy Sales Floor
Sales Professional (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2015
Typical day at worked included opening accounts and assisting customers. The management at Bloomingdales is a little unfair but it comes with a great discount. The co-workers at Bloomingdales are great depending on the department. The hardest part of the job would have to be, commission. Bloomingdales 59th is commission based and if people aren't shopping you really aren't making any money.
we had a pool table on the break room!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 12, 2015
bloomingdales is a good company, different what I'm use to, i learn to clientelling its all about your clients!!!! reach to them, call them for promotions and your not only can sale your deparment you can go all ver the store and sale everything to your client.
family team
Recovery Associate and Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 12, 2015
arrive 10 or 5 mins early
leave all my personal stuff in the locker then clock on time
say hello to all my co-worker
be aware of whats going on around me
start working with a positive attitude
becareful with each step i do so i can do it perfect and well done
ask for help if i really need it.
finish the most part of the work until the lunch time.
enjoy and take a rest at the lunch time
back to work after the 30 mins. unless i have been need
keep working in my functions and more.
COMMISION BASED
Men's Shoes Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 7, 2015
Pros: FREE LUNCHES, FREXIBLE SCHEDULING, OPEN ATMOSPHERE
Cons: RETURNS OF MERCHANDISE, POOR TURNOVER RATE, POOR MANAGMENT
A DAY AT BLOOMINGDALES WOULD BE, TRY TO ANSWER OPEN ENDED QUESTIONS REGARDING ANY PRODUCT AND CONVERTING IT INTO A SALE. COMMISSIONED BASED ENVIRONMENT, SO THE HUNGER IN THE FLOOR IS HEAVY. HIGH TRAFFIC OF TOURISTS, AS WELL AS SOME RESIDENTS.
Valuable Brand Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 6, 2015
regular retail hours and management worked with you and your team for time off. Learned a lot about various brands and their quality and price points.
Highly professional setting
Commissioned sales (Former Employee), Costa MesaMay 2, 2015
Build and maintain a clientele base and grow the companies business. Commissioned environment. Daily task is to open credit cards and call your customers to come back in order to drive more business.
Horrible and selfish senior management
merch manager (Current Employee), laMay 1, 2015
Lack of an HR department allows senior management to unethically force and counsel out hard and dedicated workers.
There is a sense of decreased employee morale with the lack of communication and support from the senior team.
Decent place to start out
Shoe Sales (Current Employee), Ny, NYMay 1, 2015
A decent place to start out your career if you want to advance within fashion. Growing within the company isn't something I would recommend unless you want to be in management, and it's very difficult to move around within the company if you want to grow.
work place culture
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Glendale, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: benefits -pension plans
Cons: sub-par environment to work in
lacks ac countably of management -- no buy-in to help sales professionals to advance ; if it so happens , then your "liked" not managed. Lacks sales and customer service talent to really match the other high-end stores, --- which drowns out the few whom really put forth stellar efforts.
If your not working in the 59th Street store then ... your pretty much working for a licensed product of Macy's. (Federated Inc.)
But really good benefits and pension plan.
Mellow work place
Specialist (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLApril 27, 2015
Assist customers with information about products, constant movement. A fun team of people to work with. Great co-workers.
Fun Place to work with
Fashion Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAApril 27, 2015
Working at Bloomingdale's was a great opportunity for me to experience. I learned a lot while working with extraordinary customers and what a experience I tell you.
exciting suportive
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 26, 2015
Responsible monthly sales goals / Assisted in all training of all new associates /Developed a book of business would produce $30K in retail sales
Fun atmosphere, never the same day twice! Good job if you are looking for discounts!
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Garden City, NYApril 22, 2015
Busy work day, from 7 in the morning until you leave, physical and demanding but rewarding.

I love being able to see markdowns on merchandise, good way to shop!

Very physical, you do not realize how tired you are until you sit down.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bloomingdale's

Popular culture goes on sale every day at Bloomingdale's. A subsidiary of retail giant Macy's, Bloomingdale's boasts more than – Read more

Bloomingdale's Salaries