Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews in United States

fun work environment
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJune 7, 2016
greet to meet new people
working in a face pace environment
overall atmosphere was excellent
the manager I was wonder was wonderful and very understanding
its ok
fulfillment specialist (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJune 7, 2016
bloomingdales is very flexibile and very open for new ideas from associates and customers . such a great experience working for them
Pros
they show lots of appreciation to employees
Cons
no complaints
Love to meet new People
Polo Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 6, 2016
My favorite part of this job was putting outfits together for the clients and learning a lot about fashion. Learned a lot of the new brands that comes out and the discounts
Pros
good discounts
Cons
work off commission
Ups and downs
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 6, 2016
With management changing around it has been getting worse and worse. There is no communication and showing favorites is very apparent.
Enjoyable, but not as viable as before
Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2016
Bloomingdales as a company is a fantastic company with many career options. However as a sales specialist, you learn quickly at the glamor of luxury retail is no longer what it used to be. The traditional model of the sales associate-client relationship no longer exists due to the internet. That coupled with sloppy focus makes Bloomingdales a tough choice for a viable career as a sales associate.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, union benefits.
Cons
Poor focus, lack of accountability
Not a difficult job
ELS/ Expeditor for Women's Shoes (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJune 3, 2016
It's not a difficult job, but the supervisors make so difficult. There's a lack a communication, and also a lack of appreciation. Many of the co-workers are great, everyone gets along. But the supervisors expect you to work like robots.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Pay, Communication
Fun, Exciting
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
Fun job if you like to deal with customers, gives you a lot of product knowledge. You get to see whats new in fashion and the discounts are amazing. Management not so much kind of everywhere.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management, sometimes slow
Fashion forward and high energy
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
I enjoyed my time as a seasonal sales associate. Working in a high energy, fast paced environment was perfect for me. I was able to work in numerous departments, which contributed to my well-rounded skills while there.
productive and fun workplace to work
Customer Service Representative & Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kensington, MDMay 23, 2016
Managing the quantity, availability and inventory of the merchandises in the logistics department. Filing receipts, reports and activity logs. Entering packaging and shipping information (data entry) into UPS proprietary software. Responding to customer’s inquiry related to their orders. Locating tracking numbers online, printing the results and reporting to the shipping department manager. Ordering shipping material, forwarding managerial correspondences and shipping items to customers and to other Bloomingdale’s stores. Previously as a sales associate assisted customers in shopping and provided specific information to customers to choose appropriate apparels. Opened new accounts, carried out online ordering, contacted customers for the incoming special events, performed assigned tasks on time and successfully reached the weekly company goals for our department.

Provided updated customers with account information and status in person and over the phone. Received two certificates as the best “support associate”. Managed and recorded shipping activities. Filed receipts, reports and activity logs. Entered shipping information into UPS proprietary software.
very fun
Shoe Expeditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
bloomingdales was a very fun and exciting place to work i love the discount and the hourly pay also the backroom experience was new
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2016
I had my very first job with Bloomingdales and it was great. I loved working here. Everyone with the exception of executives wears black so no one is more important than the other. They are very inclusive my very first meeting my manager asked me to come forward and introduce myself so everyone knew who I was. She also asked of them to treat me kindly which was sweet of her. The enmployee lounge is divine. When I was an employee they also had a sleep lounge. They really respect your lunch time ( in my case 30 minutes) and breaks (two 10 minute breaks). The discount is also a reason I loved this place because without it I could never afford to buy anything. Normally the discount is 20% but once every 2 months I believe they offer employees and extra 20% off making it around 37% off. There are so many great reasons to work here.
Pros
Everyone's is treated with respect, This company will mold you and teach you the best skills for retail, One of the best places I've ever worked at
Cons
Fast paced, fashion forward international clientele
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2016
Mornings sometimes a little slow, lots of restocking. Got busy at lunch then slowed down until five PM. Then busy till closing. Learned to work with all types of people. Management was demanding yet fair. Co-workers were from all over the world and I learned a lot from them. Hardest part of the job was the Holiday hours. Best part of the job was being exposed to all the latest trends in fashion.
Pros
Fashion seminars, product knowledge.
Cons
Sometimes hard to locate back stock.
Fun and fast paced
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2016
Fast-paced environment with room for growth and advancement. Customers are great for the most part and associates love what they do.

The only con is the heavy promotional calendar. Great discounts and management team.
Pros
Employee discount, Opportunity for advancement, great management
Cons
heavy promotional calendar
Too much politics
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shermanoaks CAMay 12, 2016
Management is either blind or don't care what's happening around. People who lie, exaggerate and tell verbal fake praises to managers are successful. This is not a place for a serious, sincere and dedicated to work employee. If you are not good in telling fake stories and don't please managers they will terminate you for no reason.
Pros
Feel good to work with couples
Cons
Too much politics for a simple person
Very stress free work envirnment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2016
Working at Bloomingdales has been a great experience for me so far. The management team really knows what they are doing and makes their employees feel welcomed and wanted. I leave this job everyday absolutely stress free and that is my favorite part about working there.
Horrible.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 9, 2016
I watched Bloomigdale's decline for 15 years. There is no Human Resources, just Human Liabilities. If you work for Bloomingdale's online, your fine. If you're in a physical store, you're doomed. Can you imagine working fora a GM whose favorite line is "I don't care"?

What does this mean? It means you can expect to meet or exceed all of your performance metrics for your statistical review and be paid a generous bonus while simultaneously being counseled out for not driving other metrics that are not on your review. Human Liability, not Resources .... and this comes from a HR manager who was a Senior Executive!
Pros
You have to wear black, so wardrobe options are simple ....
Cons
Senior Management from the CEO down lack any values.
ok place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 5, 2016
Bloomingdales was an ok store to work at. It was my first commission store that I had worked at and it was a little competitive. I definitely don't recommend this to be your first commission job if this is your first time around. Make sure you know your designers and brands, even if your not assigned to a particular department you can still help your lient in another department of your store which is a plus. I worked in kids and was able to bring clients over to mens and womens designer and still get commission for that department since it was still my sale. My manager was great, very laid back as well as the other managers. I didn't really get trained it was more learn as I go which didn't really help me at all. Benefits weren't that great either, since i was part time I had to pay for my own medical and dental and the plan was waaaaay too expensive.I didn't really understand how their PTO worked either, very confusing.
Pros
fun, very laid back
Cons
benefits weren't that great and neither was the pay
Fun Workplace
Fullfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work was great because of my manager and my coworkers. Learned how to wrap products safely and neat in the boxes we sent to customers.
What I really think of this store.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 3, 2016
The store traffic is very slow, high expectations for a store that limited to no marketing. Mis-Management throughout the store, no incentives to entice customers to return and buy more.
Pros
Great paced work
Cons
no drive, no marketing to lure more customers.
quiet environment
Receiving/Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
i liked working at this job.my only problem was they were a little unorganized.aslo the management was a little unprofessional when handling employees
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
no benefits