Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

Great people and products
David Yurman Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Loved working here! I had many supportive team members in a beautiful environment. The products are great with a wonderful selection of great Fashion Designers, I feel fortunate to have worked at their San Francisco flagship for over 4 years.
Fun
Receiving and Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 22, 2017
I liked Bloomingdales, it's a fun and exciting place to be. I only left there because I had another opportunity that I couldn't resist. There are a lot of incentives, a lot of rewards and the associates there are very knowledgeable.
Pros
Pays well, fun environment
Cons
my job was very physically demanding
Overall Great Working Environment, good part-time job
New View Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 20, 2017
I truly enjoy the working environment at Bloomingdales, everyone is extremely helpful and there is a high level of professionalism. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is getting to build relationships with your clients and styling them for special events! When its slow it can get demotivating at times. Management tends to place a lot of pressure on you to achieve account goals especially when its dead in the store. Overall it is an enjoyable job when its busy in the store.
Pros
discount, co-workers
Cons
hours, work-life balance
Shipping, receiving, merchandising
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Unloaded and processed all incoming store products.
Weekly analysis and processing of all product price changes.
Customer carryout and assistance services.
Packing and shipping of store transfer items and return to vendor items.
Assembly and deconstruction of store fixtures and furniture.
Business has slowed down every Christmas for the past 5 years, 2016 being the worst yet.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Poor management in general. Employees are hopeful when first hired but then see how things are run and begin to resent management. They are promised raises or positions that are not delivered.

You have to get everything in writing to protect yourself

The employees are a great bunch of people.

The benefits are ok if you can afford the medical/dental insurance payments deducted from your weekly paycheck, along with the weekly parking deductions.

They don't pay most people very well.
Pros
36 % discount
Cons
Most merchandise is to expensive for staff.
Bloomies family
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2017
It was a satisfactory experience, where I could contributed my knowledge and also learned a lot of different standards.
every week a different sales, new merchandise every week.
High end store, low end customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 17, 2017
Bloomingdales is fashion forward, high End and pays better than most retail stores. However their new HR woman is rude and condescending. They ask for a lot and don't give very much. The customers are entitled unruly and sometimes just disgusting. I don't miss it
Pros
Bonuses for opening accounts and getting donations
Great Work Place
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2017
The mangers and supervisors were all great and helpful. Would get along well with other employees. Great place to work, very good benefits. would recommend to work at Bloomingdale's to others.
Good Pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2017
The pay,vacation and time and attendance policy is very good. The management is not the best. The tend to gear towards the associates who come from a wealthy family.
Pros
time and attendance
Cons
management
fun and enjoyable job
Demonstration Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2017
it a fun environment , with great people around you . you have to work very hard to get good commission. the most enjoyable part of this job is learn from others, for example how to do your makeup and how to dress.
Pros
commission
Cons
vacation
Typical day
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Answering phones daily when the executives are not available. Assist customers regarding charge accounts questions. Actively listening and resolving customer questions and concerns. Answering Customer Credit issues, answering both Store Associate questions and Customer’s.
WorkPlace
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Management is Horrible and Discriminative, took time to help employees, but only the ones they were friends with. (people of their color, white) its a great place to work in, only if you have tough skin.and if you ever go there, none of the managers are of Afro Amer. Decent.

Also their point system is horrible.
Pros
great discount
Cons
Point System, Management
I have been employed by Bloomingdales for 22 wonderful years. I love my coworkers. We are a team.
Recovery Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
I love my job at Bloomingdales. Everyday I look forward to seeing my co-workers. We love to give hugs to one another and ask how the family. My managers are helpful and keep me informed about all the activities going on in the store. Therefore when a customer come up to me and ask me, are there any sales coming up? I can answer confidently. Or ask me do we sell a particular brand? Bloomies team is the best.
Pros
I love the seminars, I love the Memorial Day & Fourth of July celebration, We take pictures everything.
Cons
Short breaks
management is uneducated and treats associates unequally
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day at work was multi-tasking sales/customer service mixed with clothing put-backs from fitting rooms. I learned how to deal with diverse customers. Management can be unequal when they pull you from your assigned department to clean up clothes in other departments, where you do menial cleaning and miss out on sale-building, especially when they are only pulling certain people from their assigned department. It's considered discrimination if management is singling people out based on age or race, or preventing particular associates from obtaining sales (which occurred). Coworkers are interesting; most cannot survive alone off their income. Hardest part of the job was enduring management inequality and power hungry tactics. The most convenient part of the job was that it's socially interactive and simple, good for people pursuing masters or doctorate (higher education), or a mother/housewife who needs flexible hours and easy/sociable work.
Pros
easy-socially interactive-diverse customers
Cons
can get repetitious-work load inequality-uneducated management/power hungry
Fashion industry
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Great place to work if you love fashion. Right in the heart of downtown gets the experience so many different cultures and people. Very easy to maintain a flexible work schedule love working here.very diverse and easy to move up
Pros
Easy job
Cons
One feet all day
Productive and Great place tu work
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJanuary 3, 2017
very professional with awesome and kind people to work, great environment always busy a really good job with great benefits
I didn't like working for bloomingdales
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 2, 2017
Very unorganized staff and management. The hardest part about working at Bloomingdales was coming to work and not having anything to do because management had gone home for the day leaving no instructions for the evening shift.
Pros
Nice break area for employees
Cons
very unorganized staff and management
Bloomindale's the sister store to Macy's
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 31, 2016
The environment was nice, the employees made you want to work there, they were also friendly and kind. They all worked together to help one another out with the everyday task. The managers on the other hand were very rude and racist. They would not allow me to take off on my Sabbath. There are laws that protect an individual from their sabbath in the workplace, in stead when i took off i got point on my account.
Pros
The employees made you want to work there.
Cons
The managers were very racist, and rude.
fun work place
CKO Kickboxing (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJDecember 30, 2016
i started as a sales associate and was given the opportunity to move up to a sales specialist. i was given a pay increase and learned a lot of new things.
Pros
discount
Cons
salary
My Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 29, 2016
I in joyed working there.the pay was good, the manager good to work for and the hours was good. and the people that came to the store was mostly nice to work with and the empolyee got grate discount..
Pros
good pay
Cons
Hard to get a promotion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomingdale's. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval