Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

Met the best people here
Sales (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILDecember 28, 2017
Motivational, good pay with bonus and clothing allowance.

Great discounts and special discount days with up to 75% off for Employees.

Staff was welcoming and willing to help
Best Discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 26, 2017
A typical day at Bloomingdales was very fun. All day we would talk and get to know the people that we worked with. I learned that it is an environment where you need to be a quick learner. New products come in all of the time and you need to educate yourself so that you are able to sell. My manager was amazing, he was very understanding, helpful, and all around a great person to work with. The hardest part of my job was selling so that the product does not come back as a return. The most enjoyable part of my job was hitting a new sales goal.
Macys and Bloomingdales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 21, 2017
It is a very good company with great opportunities. it is a good place where workers can gain customer service skills, be productive and communicate with different types of people. These all makes workers feel strong and confident.
Fun environment and productive
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 20, 2017
Good managers, very flexible with schedule, very supportive, career growth, so much team work, very productive. You do get to learn so much in this company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, holiday celebrations, health benefit, discounts
Good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 20, 2017
I loved working here so much . I met so many awesome people who became my friends . customers were super snotty and hard to work with . management was great
Love the company
Sales and Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2017
You have to have drive working in this environment. Retail is not for everyone. You have to be able to drive yourself to meet goals. Attendance is also a huge factor in your success.
Pros
discount, parties
Cons
lots of work in holiday season
Fast paced
VISUAL STYLIST/DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 18, 2017
Bloomingdale's has a fast paced environment with many opportunities to sharpen your visual skills and learn production skills. The days and hours are good but advancement potential is low.
Pros
hours
Cons
no advancement
Fast Paced environment
Visual Stylist (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 18, 2017
A good place to sharpen your visual skills and learn production and art installation visual work. The days and hours are excellent but room for advancement is minimal.
Great Place to work.. Its the MALL!
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 17, 2017
I enjoy my manager and my coworkers. The environment is great.
The pro is, I get to pack clothes and I love the discounts.
No cons!
The hardest part of the job is avoiding spending your money on merchandise.
Pros
packing clothes
Cons
no cons
Great work expierence
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYDecember 16, 2017
great place to work. learned soo much about retail. People were very helpful. A very upbeat organization. One of the best retail stores to work and shop in.
Great company
Asset Protection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 14, 2017
Difficult to be promoted within the company but the culture is a great place to work. Have many different locations but just are not in the center of the country yet.
Great place
MAC Artist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 13, 2017
Easy going, people are nice can be a bit nosey like most retail stores, i learned they care to an extent management has their favorite people but still try to accommodate with little success of change, they care about their customers which is most corporations goal, the hardest part of the job is standing but there are breaks so its easy to cope, the most enjoyable part of the jobs are the benefits.
If retail is for you!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJDecember 13, 2017
This is a good company to work for if all you are interested in is the discount! I had a great time working there and met a lot of wonderful people!

The work is exhausting because your on your feet the entire shift and are mainly cleaning fitting rooms all day, especially when busy!

It is a very competitive environment! Everyone is trying to sell!

The managers are ok. Rarely accommodating and only really cared about making sure you sell!
Pros
Great discount
Cons
No support, Understaffed
Fun work place when it wants to be
AP / sales associate (Former Employee) –  72nd broadwayDecember 13, 2017
A typical day at work consist of basically putting all clothes back that have been moved from they're original places or any item that belongs to the store.
Pros
good pay, discounted clothes . good benefits
Cons
rude customers
Productive and fun work place
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CADecember 12, 2017
Fast past environment with strong sense of responsibility and independent management takes pride in the way there product is handled lost of safety and quality
Pros
Summers pick nicks
Cons
Hard work
Why not to look for employment here
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL 33434December 12, 2017
Its impossible to work all employees steal sales and customers... Rude associates rude customers rude management. Work somewhere else not worth pay n aggrivation.
Pros
Nearly 40 hours
Cons
Returns nasty snobby customers n horribble management
Bloomingdales was a good experience.
Polo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJDecember 12, 2017
Working at Bloomingdales, I have realized, that although I have an opportunity to sell merchandise and make commission, it is extremely difficult to sell when the stores general traffic is very poor. This would be the ideal job for anyone because the benefits are great and it teaches entrepreneurs how to manage clients. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to rely on customer sales to be able to maintain my lifestyle (bills..etc.) It is a great company to work for part time while in school or as a second job.
Pros
Associate Discount
Cons
Not enough trafffic (customers)
Beautiful work place
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MADecember 12, 2017
Working at Bloomingdale's is a wonderful experience.... Great workers everybody is respectful and live, lol... Smiles all-day everyday...I was only there for a seasonal position, wish I stayed..
Company needs structure
Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLDecember 11, 2017
A lot of recent changes in upper management. Company needs clear processes, procedures, policies and standards and leaders who not only enforce them but demonstrate the expected behaviors themselves. The hardest workers probably aren't the ones wearing the golden b's. (being rewarded or recognized) Growth is not encouraged here at all. Most leadership gets frustrated and shuts down any type of eagerness to learn. They manage their hours in so many different categories that its impossible for the stores to even used their best people without going over budgets.
Cons
leadership, lack of growth
great
Lancome Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working for Bloomingdale's Lenox. Great managers and coworkers. They provide great opportunity to advance with the company and are very supportive of your future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomingdale's. Our community is ready to answer.