Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

Bloomingdale's
Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2017
Although I respect and love my colleges, I find that there is not many opportunities to grow with the company. There isn't clear communication on what the necessary steps one would take to reach the goals you want.
Nice
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILOctober 11, 2017
Nice place to work. People are nice and the hours are great. only open from 10-8 Monday to Saturday. Then open from 11-6 on Sundays. The managers are nice enough tho.
Nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  59th St Lexington Ave NY NY 10031October 11, 2017
Started at the wrapping dept,went into Security, sales then into the Buying office. The hardest part of the job was doing inventory . Security we got to work the parties it was awesome. The Buying office we got a lot of free stuff for Christmas or at a ridiculous price.
Pros
The Discounts
Cons
I can't think of anything
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2017
Enjoy working with customers and team to deliver financials. Management team works well together to game plan and find ways to motivate the team members.
Decent Luxury retailer
Asset Protection Detective (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 7, 2017
culture is typical retail which leads to high turnover but there are great mentors in this job role as well. I would recommend to anyone with a degree who is looking to move up in a tough fast paced environment, for everyone else there is little room for growth
Bloomingdales have a dynamic staff
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLOctober 5, 2017
If you like retail, competition and team work, bloomingdales is the place to work at. The staff is very friendly and professional. The managers are very involved
Wasn't horrible but wasn't the greatest
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLOctober 5, 2017
I expected more potential and growth at this company especially being a fashion merchandise major , I believe the company knew they were going to do eliminations but during the hiring process they did not mention that. The merchandising and visual are really good to get into if you've been there for over a year or so.
position
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2017
I do not have anything to say about the company... I just wished they offered more! More money for the over night crew who makes sure that the store has it's products on the selling floor so the store can provide services for customers.
Was there for a long time
Operating Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 3, 2017
It was a wonderful place to work .... once... for a long time... but times change.... management changes.... they forget about the people who have been with them for a long time
bloomingdales
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 3, 2017
Bloomingdales was a great company to work for my reason for leaving was because the company closed down at the location I was at, had it not closed i am certain i would of looked for career progression within the company.
The Best
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJSeptember 30, 2017
Literally, the best place to work until they started letting people go and cutting others pay to pay for renovations. Would still be there, if not for that.
Fancy Living
Sale representative and Department manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NY 10605September 29, 2017
Dressed in a suit while in an environment that I was able to blend right in. I learned customer service and good communication skills with all walks of life. Management, myself included, allowed for change to make things better by flexibility and communication. The culture was lay back while the hardest part was dealing with individuals who thought they were better then everyone on the planet, just smile and know that people are people, good and bad.
Great for part-time work
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Huntington, NYSeptember 27, 2017
For full-time employees I believe the shifts are too long. However, for part-time or "Option 5" positions it is great because the scheduling system benefits the employees in a way that they have more control over their weekly schedule than I feel most employees do in their other retail jobs. You have the ability to advertise, pick up, swap, and ask to cover shifts with other employees without having to go through upper management each time.

I do feel that more employee complaints should be taken seriously by upper level management.
Pros
Liberal scheduling system, great employee discount
Cons
no comment
Sales Associate/Stylist, Vince Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 27, 2017
Bloomingdales is an average establishment to work for. My only concern is the ethical and moral behavior that is accepted. Other than that it is a challenging competitivbe atmosphere. I rather enjoyed serving the public. That is what kept me there.
Calm workplace
Women's Shoes Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2017
It is busy with tourist but its a nice place to meet people and do your job well. I learned to work as a team even though it was commission based. Managers want you to move forward.
Pros
Free knowledge product meals
Very productive learned something new everyday
Reciving (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLSeptember 27, 2017
Unloading trucks separating merchandise for each department for sales it was like excising i learn all about different vendors how to operate new equipment and learn other employees job by helping them or while the employee was on vacation management was great always driven me to do my best and to take on new challenges the work place culture was amazing awards for the employees the hardest part was that i wanted to balance a job and going to school the most enjoyable part was the work itself.
Great Experience
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2017
Very sales driven and competitive. Good advancement opportunities. Great sales staff. Would consider working there again, if I wanted to venture back into the retail world.
Fun place to work at
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2017
Great discounts. Learned a lot about how to sell products with professional knowledge, how to build professional relationships with customers. Great benefits.
catty upper management
Executive Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2017
theyll backstab you stay away , everyone is out to get everyone so they can get ahead the older upper management hates when a younger educated person comes in because they fear theyll lose their job they all suck
Great
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJSeptember 19, 2017
Company culture is friendly and professional. Everyone is extremely supportive and wants to succeed. Great atmosphere. Pay is better than most department stores.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomingdale's. Our community is ready to answer.