Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

Great company
Business Manager Laura Mercier (Former Employee), Chestnut Hill, MAJune 26, 2015
Pros: beautiful store
Cons: snobby co workers
A beautiful store with the most beautiful visual and merchandise. I did't have much growth opportunity at Bloomingdale's and as why I left the company.
Employee discount is great but not many opportunities for growth
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Wayne, NJJune 23, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: management
If you want to get promoted it is very difficult. The company restructures itself very frequently so their isn't much job security.
The People Make The Job Worth It
Tailored Clothing Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJune 19, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job was the clients I interacted with. It is always a pleasure to help young men get "suited up" the right way.
Greate Company
Unique Culture
Career Starter
ok job
overnight team (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management
managment is always going back and forth power struggle , like most retailers he say she say nonsense , ok for part time or temp full time but not something perminent. good pay
Great Place to Shop and Work...
Hugo Boss Visual Merchandising Assistant (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJune 15, 2015
Great Place to work! Awesome employee perks and everyone from the top down are polite and friendly. They promote advancement within the company and H.R is very open to assisting with this process. They are fair and may be the best retail chain out.
very exciting productive place
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJune 12, 2015
working at Bloomingdales is one of the Best experience I've had in my retail industry . Its a very productive and friendly environment to be in. Having to great team player is all we know. I would said the most hardest part of my job is seeing a customer not satisfied, because making our customers happy is what keeps them coming back. If you want to have the best experience has a shopper you should come check out the Christmas department when season fall. Boy do i love the Holiday spirit.
Not the best times at Bloomies
Assisting customers (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 11, 2015
Pros: Hor lunch
Cons: managers, compensation
Being expected to make a draw of $10,000 a week in sales when traffic is down is very unfair. It is incredibly hard to make money.
Another con is when being insulted,disrespected,or harrassed by a co worker, Bloomies does NOT take action appropriately.
Nice clothing store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Century City, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: short breaks
Great location, with a wide range of clothing a shoes. the company puts customer service a priority and has a nice professional environment.
A very great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 10, 2015
I liked working there, it was very different but yet there's many opportunities to advance. I liked the people there as well, very well rounded.
Don't waste your time applying
Sales associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 9, 2015
Pros: Discount on Merchandise
Cons: Company in general
I have worked here for a while. No growth in company. Senior executives are horrible and some are inexperienced. Top dawgs from corporate would come year after year to visit store and not even say hi to associates. No traffic in store whatsoever. Huge turnover. NO MERCHANDISE. Like or dislike game with managers and favoritism big problem in this store
Good opportunity for growth and Great Commission Base Pay
Shoe Commission Sales Professional (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2015
Pros: Great salary and commission, Good employee discounts, Nice upscale-yet-friendly atmosphere, Flexible schedule
Cons: On a slow day it was difficult to make draw required to get paid well, too many employees on the floor for the amount of customers on most days
Part time hours are great to handle as a student, and managers are always helpful to accommodate changes in schedule. Overall positive experience.

Friendly co-wokers, clean environment, good benefits, fair pay for job description and great discounts for employers
Everyday is a new adventure
Executive Sales Manager (Current Employee), Willow Grove, PAJune 4, 2015
Pros: vacation, summer scheduling
Cons: health benefits
I manage a team of between 15-20 sales professionals and responsible for responding to customer needs throughout the store. I lead by example and instill in my team that my expectation is to deliver great customer service. I enjoy our customers and my co-managers.
Easy company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Paid 20 min breaks
Cons: Employee discount
Easy company to work for, Employees are good to work with. Management is questionable. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that don't pay attention to the signs in the store. Employee discount sucks.
summary
Sale Associate (Former Employee), McLean, VAMay 30, 2015
• Developing and maintaining my own clientele including phone contact, letters and phone calls
• Maintaining my own "Area of pride" - i.e. portion of the selling floor for which you are responsible for keeping it clean and "shoppable"
• Greeting all walk-in customers promptly and delivering "friendly and attentive service
• Understanding merchandise - the features, advantages and benefits.
Great Environment to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aventura, FLMay 29, 2015
Managers were very respectful of their employees and handled their job functions accordingly to ensure the best production on the sales floor for each given shift. Hardest part of the job was having to call clients to come in for personal shopping experiences. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction gained from pairing a customer with the perfect outfit or style to go along with their upcoming event.
Spectacular Atmosphere
Sutton Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Aventura, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: Reduced prices in clothing and at the restaurant
Cons: No cons
Bloomingdales is one of the largest chain stores I have ever worked for. The working atmosphere is phenomenal. We were encouraged to live a well balanced life and there were also seminars and product knowledge classes to increase our expertise in different areas. My co-workers were always respectful and kind. No part was hard for me because I love to work. The most enjoyable part of the work was being able to engage with customers and co-workers in a healthy atmosphere.
Commission Sales
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 28, 2015
Commission sales so you work for your money. Beautiful store. One stop shop for customers. Room for advancement if you want to get into management. Management training program for individuals that qualify.
Moving up
Head Online Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 26, 2015
You get made promises to move up, yet it never happens, which is disheartening when you like your job. Co-workers are great and friendly, you become a family after a while.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN ENVIRONMENT
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2015
Pros: EMPLOEE DISCOUNT
Cons: RESTROOM CLEANING
I learned how to work with people and also problem solve and I feel that these skills will highly benefit me in this employment. I am also very willing to learn, and am able to pick up new skills very quickly. I can use a computer well and am flexible in learning new programs which may be specific to this job. In addition to this I have played on a sports team for a long time, which has made me very used to working with other people, and has given me good people skills. Not only this but I enjoy many creative activities such as writing and painting, and I am able to take skills that I have picked up in one discipline and apply them in other ways through lateral thinking.
Industry