Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

productive and fun place to work
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aventura FLOctober 2, 2015
Learned fast about new products, prices, merchandising, fashion trends, customers. Fun and fashionable work place with supportive management.
Pros
excellent recognition program for employees
Cons
short breaks
Great Store; Great Brand
BUSINESS MANAGER-Yves Saint Laurent (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 27, 2015
Great store overall; great brand; great location for NJ and NY commute.
However with regards to their growth opportunity; it is extremely limited, extremely selective and with partiality. If you don't mind doing the same thing for 5, 10, 20 years it's the perfect opportunity. But if you're an experienced individual who prefers to be challenged and awarded opportunities for advancement periodically, this may not be for you. Arguably, this may not hold true for other locations, but definitely at this location. Still, I've always loved this store and brand as a customer and always will.
Pros
Hip, Trendy, Great Brand, Great Location for NJ and NY commute
Cons
Growth opportunity is extremely limited, extremely selective and with partiality
Loved what I did and showed in my sales.
Sale Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 25, 2015
In any position you have to set goals, since I'm goal oriented I enjoyed this and found creative was to achieve them. I was always trying to put the client first. I had great repeat customer because of this but low opening of new account ratio.
Pros
Always new items coming in so could change cases of display.
Cons
Busy time was holidays so missed being with family.
Productive, with nice people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJSeptember 24, 2015
It's a great place to work out, everyone is very friendly. CEO is a great guy, and he knows your name and makes it a effort to know your name. They're all great people.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Too many sales
It's an okay place to work
Customer Service/ Cash Office (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 23, 2015
Depending on your department you may be lucky and have a good experience working for this company. Most employees have an overall unanimous decision that Bloomingdale's could be a better place to work. Advancement is not easy to obtain, & the pay could be much better for all of the work that is required of you. Environment can be fun at times, again depending on your department. Management does not listen to their employees whether it be for themselves or beneficial to the customers and store in general.
Pros
good discount, mostly good people, weekly paycheck
Cons
high turnover, poor/decent pay, poor management
Great place
Sales Associate, Theory Specialist (Current Employee) –  aventura,flSeptember 23, 2015
Love it, great place to work. Managers are great. My coworkers are awesome!! They work around your schedule, the benifits are nice as well.
Productive and fun work enviroment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2015
overall I loved it their wouldn't mind working there again. Very comfortable and face pace work place. They have very supportive management willing to help you every step of the way. Not all about the numbers but how personally grow and develop.
They will over work you and under pay you.
Stock supervisor (Former Employee) –  630 old country roadSeptember 21, 2015
Bloomingdales Roosevelt field Mall is a horrible place to work. managment does not treat employees with respect. They will over work you and under pay you.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay rate
Great Seasonal Job
North Face Representative (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 21, 2015
Worked during the Holiday Season as a North Face representative. Management was fantastic and very helpful. The rush was never overwhelming and the store was run incredibly well.
Pros
Cons
Heavy lifting
i dont like the idea to do this review is waste of time
COUNTER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  tyson corner virginiaSeptember 21, 2015
good place to work, you should found out by yourself, long hours short brakes, I don't want to make more comments about this job
Pros
micromanagement
Cons
short brake long hours of work
Overall a good experience
LP (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2015
I've been provided opportunities for growth and am growing within the company quickly. Although I work in a low volume, smaller store compared to the others, my work doesn't go unnoticed and I like that.
work load
Sales Auditor/ Data Input Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2015
it was a very busy atmosphere, but we all worked well together. the managers were strict when necessary. I enjoyed working for Bloomingdales
Pros
discounts
Cons
no breaks
Fulfillment Manager
Fulfillment Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2015
Great job, simple work great management. The hardest part of the job would be getting up in the morning. A typical day would be collecting merchandise to ship out and packing to be picked up by UPS.
Pros
Simple
Cons
Nice place to work but not much room for advancement
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 14, 2015
Beautiful store with a relaxed environment but not much room for growth. It's hard to earn much commission because they use draw vs. commission.
Pros
Beautiful Store, low pressure
Cons
not much room for growth
Loved working at Bloomingdales
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2015
My experience at Bloomingdale's was great. I met so many people from all over the world. I learned that patience is key when dealing with customers. Whenever I needed assistance with an item my co-workers were always there to help. A typical day would be me fulfilling customers needs as they shopped. The hardest part would be taking a break because I am not able to continue work. I enjoy interacting with customers daily.
Alot of work for very little pay.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 8, 2015
They don't value , or listen to concerns of employees. Company Does not allow advancement within. Its commission base so very competitive atmosphere. Also Return affect you which takes money off your pay check, and the return policy is they take everything back.
easy going job not too hectic
Seasonal Sales Support Team (Former Employee) –  New york,NySeptember 8, 2015
worked here seasonal and they didnt give me enough hours but i appreciated the opportunity and it was easy work and we had plenty of staff so work didnt pile up on us
different environment
cashier (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 7, 2015
different environment to work for with great benefits.
Managements are very corrupt, making it really tough to work and meet your tasks.
no ping pong
Chief engineer (Former Employee) –  newport beachSeptember 3, 2015
Bloomingdales in a great place to work .
good people to work for fun place to work .
good supervisor good management. but no ping pong
Pros
free to do my job
Cons
operations
Fashion Enviornment with a sales focus
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2015
I learned how to work with a luxury brand. Being located in a department store, I had to learn the way things operate on both a department store and boutique level. I loved being able to use my knowledge from college in order to work with merchandising and management.