Bloomingdale's

Bloomingdale's Employer Reviews

Wonderful company! Professional and high end
Regional Manager (Former Employee), New YorkOctober 16, 2014
Pros: professional, dedicated employees and intelligent management
Cons: work life balance
Wonderful company! Professional and high end. Professional, dedicated employees and intelligent Management. Work life balance can be challenging due to retail environment.
Great Customers
Sales Professional/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great experience with customers.
Cons: base versus commission.
Had to make sales to reoccurring and new customers. Good thing about it, the commission was great, yet on the other had if there were returns that would take away from you commission which would then take away from you paycheck. But in all the environment was great, and I met a lot of great people.
Selling Manager role requires much flexibility.
Men's Selling Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 12, 2014
The company culture at Bloomingdales is not one of openness and of people development. There are distinct roles that each person has to follow and many people are involved in leadership decision making at a senior level. However, the Selling Managers are not included in many decisions which have an impact for them to be effective in their respective roles.
Specialist
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: meet great people, around great fashion, great training
Cons: life/work balance is not always the best
Overall a great place to start in retail to gain an identity in retail. Offers multiple opportunities to learn what you like and do not like. Daily interactions with customer and clients constantly gives you new ways to find solutions to issues. The environment cultivates clientele and you learn the benefits of the customer/ associate relationships.
One big happy family. Everyone is a team player
Selling Specialist - Tabletop Division (Current Employee), Huntington, NYOctober 9, 2014
As a whole management and the support staff work well together to en d up with the best results for our customers,
do u wanna be a sales associate?
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2014
Pros: good comp days
Cons: overworked sales associates
having a big client book or attempting to build a big client big is there top priority in life. opening credit cards is their meat and potatoe. good thing about the place discounts, and comp days and vacation days are pretty good.
Great Place to work
Hugo Boss Sportswear and Boss tailored clothing (Current Employee), San DiegoOctober 9, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: can be seriously slow at times
I am the Sportswear and Suiting Specialist for HUGO BOSS at Bloomingdales in San Diego. Typical day is pulling reports to see where my numbers are +/- to my goal. I'd also restock and re-merchandise the area as well. I am not a manager but more like a sales associate with an area of resposibility. I report back to the sales Manager any issues, great feed back or call outs/ concerns my clients may have. Interactive with my clients via text or email about the latest and greatest trends meanwhile exhibiting my professional behavior like no other store in the world!!!! I have recently been given the resposibility as a mentor...So new hires on the floor are partenered with me for training!!!!
Terrible pay structure
Men's Designer Sales Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 8, 2014
Basically, major retailers found a way to make you sell enough product to make up for the hourly pay they give you. You work for yourself there, even though you're an employee. The benefits take 6 months before you're eligible, and your managers only care about their own bottom line.
emails and pre sale
Kiehl's Business Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: life work balance
huge corporation, like the products and believe in their efficacy.
Fun place to work
sales (Former Employee), wayneSeptember 30, 2014
Provided customer service assistance to ensure easy and enjoyable shopping experience as well as encouraging sales on high end products and popular merchandise
· Operated cash register at point of sale
· Suggested the newest fashion trends, key items and shoes of the week
Fun place at the holidays
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: fun / main floor
Cons: hard to develop a client list.
seasonal sales - in/out. I enjoyed it... The managers and co workers
are very nice- they know seasonal is not long term.
Good Discounts, Snotty Women
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 26, 2014
Great discounts and savings, Negotiating hours is hard. Sales clerks can be a little snotty.
great learning experience
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), White Plains, NYSeptember 26, 2014
wrapped customers gifts
processed cash loans for cashiers
answered and assisted all customers over the phone and in person
great energetic work staff
fast pace, poor management structure.
Senior Executive (Former Employee), United StatesSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: nice environment
Cons: no accountability
I loved the working environment. I was bothered however, by the very low morale of the staff, high turnover at the executive level and unethical business practices.
Productive environment to work in.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Aventura, FLSeptember 18, 2014
Blomingdales has excellent employee's we all work together well, the job is very organized.
I go into work with my list of duties already prepared for me, I always get the work done in a timely manner.
Productive and great place to work
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PASeptember 17, 2014
Great work environment with great opportunities for employee growth.
Competitive, high velocity, recognizing workplace.
SELLING MANAGER FOR CONTEMPORARY COLLECTION (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: sundays off, vacation time, recognition, holiday vacation earning, working with people, fashion, discount.
Cons: no overtime for salaried employees, healthcare premiums.
Interviewed at Bloomingdales as a Sales Associate and the manager I met with immediately recognized my potential. I tested for their Selling Manager in Training program (Now called EDP - Executive Development Program). After passing, I was brought into a 18-24 month 4 phase program to then be placed into a Selling Manager job (if successful). In 8 months I completed the program and became the Selling Manager of Coats, SFW, Dresses, and Swim for August 2011. One year later I was promoted to the Selling Manager of Men's, and again in February 2015 to Contemporary Collection Selling Manager.

Bloomingdales has been a great place to work. The company invests in their leaders- specifically through growth. Recognition is a big part of the culture. I've been recognized in March 2013 & June 2015 as executive of the month. I've also been captain of three fundraising campaigns that have all exceeded their goals (Bag Hunger, United Way 2011 & 2014). The hardest part of the job is working in retail while shopping habits have changed so greatly (online shopping, cell phones for price comparison). The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.
Productive and a very proffesional company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 16, 2014
I was responsible for overall customer service and educating customers on our various retail products.
I learned who to be an expert when dealing with clients of all walks of life vey fun place to work for,
Busy and productive
Customer Service Department (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2014
Very busy work with high demands in goals and work status. Little to no room for advancement. Benefits provided to employees could be better. Fellow coworkers are what make your day amazing. Could be better support with management and upper leadership.
Fun place for those interested in the fashion business
Sales Support (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Great scheduling if your a college student. Generous vacation time.

About Bloomingdale's

Popular culture goes on sale every day at Bloomingdale's. A subsidiary of retail giant Macy's, Bloomingdale's boasts more than – Read more