Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

A Sinking Ship
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Bloomingdale's was a decent stepping stone towards working for a "Luxury" department store. As company reconstruction happened, businesses started to take effect and tank for the worst. New and inexperienced management started to take over, and lacked professionalism.
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2017
productive and friendly place to work. I Worked there for several years with a lot of positive experiences. would most definately recommend this company to a friend.
Fast paced
Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2017
Job duties very easy to learn and abilities to become very knowledgeable about products that were sold. Good opportunity to engage with a multitude of new people.
Pros
Energetic environment
Cons
Growth opportunities
Love it
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2017
Very fun job. Got to visit a few different places. Assisting production is always something different but I adjust real well so it was easy.
great job
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2017
the job was wonderful my managers are so cool works with your schedule and also great discounts always people around to help everyone is friendly great job
OK work atmosphere
Recovery Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Working at Bloomingdales, I found there isn't much communication between employees and their employers. Many employees were able to clock in and you would not see them all day. Maybe it is because I worked there during the Holiday season, but it seemed a little unprofessional to me.
easy going
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 7, 2017
easy day, sales goals difficult sometimes, credit goals difficult at times. constant recovery of sales floor, particularly during sales. made great friends. some manager more understandable than others.
Pros
great benefits, flexible
Cons
undervalued
Productive, strict or fun workplace depending on department
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2017
"Work culture" varies drastically from floor to floor, even department. It all depends on whether you're base/commission, hourly, commission only, etc. - it's a jungle out there. Best bet is to fully understand the nature of what your day to day will look like and choose the best fit from there, then strategize. Even HR is a mess. Constant turnover. Takes a very specific background to work here - people who have other lives or jobs so it doesn't suck your soul out. Love Bloomie's, will never forget my time there, but it sure was difficult to keep a roof over my head at times.
Great
Lead sales/stylist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 1, 2017
Excellent job and has great opportunities cashier, stocking opening and closing
Doing mark downs helping customers
Management excellent job and pay rate is excellent
cosmetics is a different world
Cosmetics Operations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 31, 2017
was a fun and fast paced environment. Bloomingdale's is truly like no other place in the world. It was small enough that you felt that they were only 35 stores. It was a great experience working for this brand.
Productive and fun environment to work in
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Bloomingdales is one of the best places that I've worked. You get to do lots of fun things like create styles and express yourself in a fashion sense and help others while your at it
Pros
Express yourself, Help Others, No Dress Code
Cons
You don't make commission until your permanent
not the greatest store in the world
Ready To Wear Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 30, 2017
If you are seeking advancement this is not the company for you. I have been working for this company as a part time merchandiser and I got passed up four times for a full time position. Management is unfair and there is a lot of favoritism in the work place.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no advancement
Good Luck
Ted Baker Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
The first year or so are all fantastic due to the fact people were still shopping in store. After that everyone fell into deficit, in doing so barley anyone saw a proper paycheck. One cannot survive on what they give you without commission. There was also no room for growth. If you are good on a sales floor you stand no chance of entering management which makes no sense. They would rather hire some 20 year old fresh out of school with no knowledge of the customer base or problem solving, rather than take a sales professional who knows the clients and how to solve just about any problem that appears on the floor. Extremely poor company to work for.
Pros
Good discounts for employees
Cons
No room for growth and much more.
I was not happy here
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 30, 2017
It was mainly focus of goals i was not happy at all with management it wasn't gratifying at all . It was a robotic environment i could not excel due to the fact they did not encourage talent or support individuality .
Pros
event lunches, medical insurance
Cons
hours salary
Rewarding experieance and exposure to a fortune 500 company
New view RTW Department - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32839January 29, 2017
As a brand specialist you became the main element to promote the companies overall premium shopping experience. Our clients were very particular about what they wanted and searched for the best possible products to meet different needs and occasions. I had to constantly adapt to every single need of every single client to customize their experience in order to meet and surpass their expectations. The implementation of "The Bloomingdale Way" philosophy and expert product knowledge allowed me to create an excellent working environment and a consistent and vast client referral base to contributed to my sales growth expectations every year.
Pros
Great team, excellents benefits and opportunities to grow.
Cons
Shifts
Soho culture
Men's Designer (Current Employee) –  SoHo, NYJanuary 28, 2017
Great location to work, nice co-workers. recently added merchandising to a Sales position. It could be great, or to some not so much. The position overall is nice, and you'll enjoy yourself.
I loved it
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJanuary 27, 2017
It was such a good job, and out of all the jobs that I have ever had, it is my favorite so far. All of the employees are really nice, and they are really lenient and will be more than happy to schedule you around when you have school or another job. I loved it.
It was a productive and very fun working place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Its a very fun atmosphere that is truly like no other. The connections with your coworkers and bosses I feel like there is no were else you can get that feeling. I loved working here and it makes me want to keep working.
Fast-paced work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Engaging place to work, embraces me to meet all types of different daily. Also get to relate with many customers quite often by sharing merchandise information
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 24, 2017
great place to work at. Fun and really professional. Learn things about what you sell and you get more experience in selling. Really great environment place to work at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomingdale's. Our community is ready to answer.