Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

Recommended for high school kids only
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 2, 2015
This job is for people who do not need to pay bills or support a family. The pay is terrible and they a million managers that have no clue on how to manage and there is no growth at all, your on you feet all day and you deal with the rude people every day.
Pros
Cons
pay and hours and managment
good
Visual stylist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 1, 2015
great place to work, just not a large room to advance in this area... and I will not relocate, if they open a store in boston I would love to work for them again
Very professional place to build a career
Group Manager (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 29, 2015
Love working for Bloomingdale's. Very challenging company that isn't afraid to go after top talent. Great group of co-workers and I enjoy going to work every day.
Pros
Professional work environment aiming to be the best it can be.
Cons
Wish it was a bigger company that had more room for career advancement.
nice opportunity to interact with and help customers
Sales (Former Employee) –  new yorkAugust 27, 2015
If you work hard and smart you can make a decent salary. The opportunity for promotion and rising up through the ranks is almost non existent. They need a lot of work in the management diversity department.
Pros
surrounded by fashion
Cons
no diversity in management and no opportunity to change it.
Assisted customer with theirs needs.
Clinique Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 27, 2015
• Maintained accountability for goals, sales and the planning of events
• Improved counter sale volume ranking within the department from 3rd place to 2nd place
• Increased both average unit sale and items per transaction by listening to customers and selling related items
Pros
People watching
Cons
Very unsociable and competive
great company
Counter Manager for Guerlain cosmetics. (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 26, 2015
I am having fun everyday working at bloomingdales ,the sales associates are fantastic .i love skin care and beauty products but my main focus is skin care that's why i want to get back into the spa world .
Pros
everything is great at this company
Cons
you dont have a set schedule and you can not make it too .
Rewarding and memorable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 24, 2015
My work at Bloomingdales was very rewarding. I really enjoyed the team atmosphere and the customers were the best! I had the opportunity to work with a very diverse group of people and I learned about different cultures. I was able to mentor several new employees and share my knowledge of the company to ensure their work experience would be positive.
Pros
People and culture
Cons
Distance
Awesome work environment
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2015
Best place to learn more about sales. Great earning potential. You control your paycheck. This is the best part about this company.
fun place to work.
Department supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 19, 2015
I worked this place as inter and i had amazing time working with the doctor and other stuff members of the office. during my time as intern i have learned so much and the stuff help alot.
Pros
flexibly schedule
Cons
too far from my house
ok
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  NortheastAugust 18, 2015
ok experience - boys club. Management does not get the full picture of daily store operations. Good vacation and community involvement.
Enthusiastic atmosphere and great staff.
Counter Make Up Artist Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa MonicaAugust 17, 2015
Enjoyed working with Lancôme, Nars, Chanel and Estee Lauder. My main product consisted of giving product knowledge and benefits and how to apply and cover imperfections. At the same time, these customers helped me grow and achieve better ways of satisfying each individual, due to their type of personality or skin type.
Pros
Free incentives when achieving sale goals.
Cons
In need of more private partys for VIP customers.
Great discounts, excessive pressure to meet numbers and accounts
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MiamiAugust 17, 2015
The pressure to open credit card accounts far outweighs the good side of working for a large retail chain. It is extremely discouraging especially during slow season for any sales professional.
Cons
Short breaks, standing on your feet all day can take a toll.
fun workplace
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 17, 2015
ive learned how to greet customers and make certain that everyones needs are met in a respectful and timely manner.also everyone including staff and customers were extremely friendly, despite good and bad days.
Pros
pleasant work environment
Cons
employment ended
Productive work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2015
As a seasonal sales associate, I was able to work during the busiest time for Bloomingdale's. The company dished out numerous sales during the few weeks I worked for them, both beneficial to employees and customers alike. I was able to work with others who had the same experience as I did, thus taking much more away from working here than I thought.
Fun co-work and customer
Sales Consultant/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  DallasAugust 14, 2015
Everyday is a day to service the great customers. I was very knowledgeable of all duties. Management is great but there is little chance to move up in company. Great co-workers make the job fun, great people to be around. The hardest part of the job is staying on task during slow periods. As managers micro manage during this time.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
No room for advancment
Fast paced, energetic and fun environment
Denim Specialist (Men's Designer) (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAAugust 11, 2015
A typical day at Bloomingdales consist of communicating with clients, organizing and keeping my assigned area clean and tidy. The most enjoyable part about my job is wardrobe building. My favorite customer is the one that walks in my department and has absolutely no clue of what they want. All you have to go on is how they look in front of you at that moment as far as, body type, skin tone and hair color. I love making people feel beautiful and stylish through my wardrobe building talent. The hardest part about the job is helping someone find a gift for someone else but have absolutely no clue of their sizing or hardly an understanding about what that individual may like. But what usually helps me I ask to see a picture of that person to get a n understanding of their sense of style ad body type. What I learned at Bloomingdales, was the product as a whole, and also how to care for denim. Seeing as though I am the certified Denim specialist in the men's department it is my job to educate my fellow peers as well as customers on their proper fit and how to properly care for denim.
Great place to get your retail career going.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLAugust 6, 2015
Enjoyed the hustle and bustle of bloomingdales. Made lots of great connections as well as relationships but with customers and colleagues.
Good place to work. Left to try something new.
St. John Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, Fl.August 2, 2015
Worked there for eight years.
I was in charge of the dept. including the buy .
I was given a budget for each season and was sent to New York St . John showroom to do buy.
I did enjoy working at Bloomingdales.
Most days were very enjoyable.
Pros
Good benefits and pay.
Cons
Really, none.
average
LaFayette148 Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJuly 30, 2015
the management is supportive. coworkers are helpful. visual is not supportive of individuals. system is good but not fluid. the commission system is horrible. I enjoyed helping customers the most.
Productive and great place to work overall
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2015
A typical day at work is being able to set up rooms for customers, create a relationship to further your clientele base with customers. I've learned to multitask and always catering to customers needs, being patient with customers and employees that I work with, and always staying up to date with latest trends, just in case customers ask. The hardest part of the job is being able to multitask and the most enjoyable part of the job is being around my coworkers and meeting new and interesting people everyday on the job.
Pros
Seminars, free food, coworkers, raffles, promotional events
Cons
commission, short in staff, scheduling