Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

Fun and fast paced
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2016
Fast-paced environment with room for growth and advancement. Customers are great for the most part and associates love what they do.

The only con is the heavy promotional calendar. Great discounts and management team.
Pros
Employee discount, Opportunity for advancement, great management
Cons
heavy promotional calendar
Good Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 5, 2016
I enjoyed my coworkers and team work.
Management/store has changed over the course of years.
Though foot traffic throughout store has changed within the past years.
Also given different types of customer service and clientelling.
Fun and productive
Paul Green Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 2, 2016
Great place to learn about sales. Everyone is friendly and eager to help. Great place for anyone that is competitive. Also you get to work close with vendors.
Sales
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 14, 2016
Working at bloomingdale's was a great, fun, and fashionable experience. The people and staff were always amazing, and the management team were very supportive.
Personal stylist
Stylist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2016
A regular day at bloomingdales consist of opening registers, make sure the sales floor is up to par for a luxurious experience from start to finish. I have learned how to cliental and show the customer what the store has to offer from woman/mens clothing, shoes, makeup, and even home goods. This has also lead to understanding and dealing with customer issues in a way everyone leaves happy. My co workers are very helpful and supportive in becoming knowledgeable on luxury brands we sell at the store. The most enjoyable part of what i do is the satisfaction and happiness it brings my customers when they leave the store happy and more confident in themselves.
Pros
discounts
Cons
none really
Great internship experience
Social Media Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 23, 2016
Learned a lot about the fashion culture and what it means to revolutionize culture for the high rich lifestyle. Managed accounts and clientele retention program within our loyalist program.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lack of direction
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2016
I had my very first job with Bloomingdales and it was great. I loved working here. Everyone with the exception of executives wears black so no one is more important than the other. They are very inclusive my very first meeting my manager asked me to come forward and introduce myself so everyone knew who I was. She also asked of them to treat me kindly which was sweet of her. The enmployee lounge is divine. When I was an employee they also had a sleep lounge. They really respect your lunch time ( in my case 30 minutes) and breaks (two 10 minute breaks). The discount is also a reason I loved this place because without it I could never afford to buy anything. Normally the discount is 20% but once every 2 months I believe they offer employees and extra 20% off making it around 37% off. There are so many great reasons to work here.
Pros
Everyone's is treated with respect, This company will mold you and teach you the best skills for retail, One of the best places I've ever worked at
Very Racist
Rag and Bone Specialists (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2016
This company is very unprofessional and racist. They will only help you move up in the company if you are not brown. They select a few to be in a better position but this is just hide their real intentions. The insurance they offer is too high. They also train you to racial profile and call loss prevention when some one of color come in to follow them.
Productive, and fun work environment.
Recovery Associate/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2016
Its a great company to work for. Theirs a lot of room for advancement .The work environment is very friendly and everyone is willing to help each other throughout your tour of employment.
Horrible.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 9, 2016
I watched Bloomigdale's decline for 15 years. There is no Human Resources, just Human Liabilities. If you work for Bloomingdale's online, your fine. If you're in a physical store, you're doomed. Can you imagine working fora a GM whose favorite line is "I don't care"?

What does this mean? It means you can expect to meet or exceed all of your performance metrics for your statistical review and be paid a generous bonus while simultaneously being counseled out for not driving other metrics that are not on your review. Human Liability, not Resources .... and this comes from a HR manager who was a Senior Executive!
Pros
You have to wear black, so wardrobe options are simple ....
Cons
Senior Management from the CEO down lack any values.
Class A Corporation
Watch Specialist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 13, 2016
Great corporation that is very demanding, but the rewards are great. Very friendly atmosphere where everyone knows your name and act as a team to get things done. Depending on your qualifications and department, your pay may be really good. The managers are great and very hands on.
Pros
Benefits and career advancments
Just a paycheck
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 7, 2016
A typical day at work began with helping customers. I learned how to open and close out a register. Co-workers were friendly on the outside but competitive. The hardest part of the job was just that, and the most enjoyable part was engaging with customers.
Pros
Keeping busy
Cons
Short breaks
fast paced and creative working environment
Women's RTW Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2016
Working at bloomingdales i have a very early shift however the perks of getting in at 7am is leaving by 3:30 so there is a work/life balance. Visual styling is creative, engaging, hard working but fun. My team is very supportive and everyone has their strengths that balance out the teams dynamic. visual manager is passionate, driven and supportive. We always share our ideas, installations and even up coming projects and come up with compelling set ups through out the store together. Everyones ideas are accounted for. The hardest part of the job is trying to get done as much as possible for 7.30 hours in a day. As well as managing time on whats a priority. The most enjoyable is working with a creative and supportive team, Styling mannequins according to visual direction for the season but still having your own creative freedom and outlook to style. There aren't too many restrictions like most companies who have a book and a set example for what product should be placed on a mannequin and how it should be styled.
Pros
hard working and passionate team, seminars from vendors, free breakfast on most morning meetings, creative freedom
Cons
healthcare, pay, career growth opportunity for visual stylists
High end store, low end customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 17, 2017
Bloomingdales is fashion forward, high End and pays better than most retail stores. However their new HR woman is rude and condescending. They ask for a lot and don't give very much. The customers are entitled unruly and sometimes just disgusting. I don't miss it
Pros
Bonuses for opening accounts and getting donations
Nice place to work people are wonderful
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJAugust 13, 2016
I learned how to deal with all sorts of co-workers, and how much fun it is to assist customers in choosing the right outfit for that special occasion
Pros
family oriented, employee discount
Cons
healthcare, little advancement
Shipping, receiving, merchandising
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Unloaded and processed all incoming store products.
Weekly analysis and processing of all product price changes.
Customer carryout and assistance services.
Packing and shipping of store transfer items and return to vendor items.
Assembly and deconstruction of store fixtures and furniture.
very upbeat environment ,lovely friendly staff
Tory Burch Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
Bloomingdales is a very fashionable and fun place to work,always have fashion shows ,entertainment showcasing latest trends.The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people lots of tourists,and having lunch at the restaurants onsite .A typical day at work starts of with a ten minute meeting ,getting pumped for the day,and getting your assignments and goals for the day right before the store opens ,the music in the store is very upbeat sometimes u will see customers dancing .
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
working on holidays away from family
Productive and fun environment to work in
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Bloomingdales is one of the best places that I've worked. You get to do lots of fun things like create styles and express yourself in a fashion sense and help others while your at it
Pros
Express yourself, Help Others, No Dress Code
Cons
You don't make commission until your permanent
Fun
Receiving and Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 22, 2017
I liked Bloomingdales, it's a fun and exciting place to be. I only left there because I had another opportunity that I couldn't resist. There are a lot of incentives, a lot of rewards and the associates there are very knowledgeable.
Pros
Pays well, fun environment
Cons
my job was very physically demanding
quiet environment
Receiving/Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
i liked working at this job.my only problem was they were a little unorganized.aslo the management was a little unprofessional when handling employees
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomingdale's. Our community is ready to answer.