Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews in United States

bad management
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 15, 2016
horrible leadership and poor associates to management relationships ....uncomfortable work environment not a comfortable work experience
Pros
payed weekly
Cons
unqualitified managment
Bloomingdales was a wonderful and beautiful place to work friendly management team and co-workers
Sales/Recovery Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 14, 2016
Typical day at work at Bloomingdales was greeting customers, helping them find their size, giving customers my opinion on how the clothing fit, and returning clothes to the floor.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
work most weekends
very slow movement within store
Floor supervisor; Sales, customer service; Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 13, 2016
very small opportunity of advancement within the company.
co-workers are very helpful when it comes to making sales for the brand BCBG which is my employer.
the most enjoyable part is reaching and surpassing our goal at the end of each night.
My Retail Store Experience
Business & Training Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 10, 2016
On a day to day was always a learning opportunity because I'd meet so many different personality's and mind sets that it made my life and work environment an amazing breed ground for a higher learning.

The management team I work under and for whether Bad or Good showed me what not to do as a leader and how to better develop myself and especially others. Whether I was working as a supervisors or another co-worker.

In any event the hardest moments where when mangers and coworkers alike wouldn't see or develop they're true potential but the totally best time was when they would and build on it.
Pros
Meeting people from all over the world.
Cons
The store's location wasn't great.
It could be a good place to work but...
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2016
Opening and closing times are ok. Not too early and not too late. I learned how to be better equipped to handle a certain caliber of customer. Management needed the most work. They were short staffed and the management needed either better training or a different type of training. My co-workers were the best. Some were a bit too aggressive but good to work with. Hardest art of the job was to be on your feet for hours and hours on end. The most enjoyable part was my coworkers.
Pros
great break room and co-workers
Cons
not enough pay/commission, long days, management
Retail
Consulting Artist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2016
Corrective make-up, image consulting, eyebrow shaping and skin care treatment
Appointed to teach numerous company workshops
Public appearances at corporate events and fundraisers
Constantly built strong client relationships
Train other employees in selling and makeup application skills
Created look-books for special events
summary
Lead Visual Merchandise Stylist (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJFebruary 29, 2016
The company is fair. salary fair for position. Retail is in a transition and competing with eCommerce. It is definitely felt in the culture of busienss
Pros
fair
it was too competetive and not enough teamwork
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLFebruary 24, 2016
the place here was not at all about teamwork, the environment and clientele is nice, and it was a nice environment to practice. But mostly an independent approach of working.
Na
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 24, 2016
Bloomingdales is a great retail job, I've gained a lot of experience working with my co workers and customers, its has been a great experience working for the company.
Good company to work for.
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 22, 2016
Great associates to work with. A nice work environment, new challenges to conquer each day you work. A great place to improve your social skills..
Fun coworkers, terrible Managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Working at Bloomingdale's consists of poor managerial style and attitude, an inability to get your point across to anyone in a position above yours and poor communication between departments.
Mediocre job
Sales Professional - Mens Polo Ralph Lauren (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2016
It's a mediocre job where I think it's almost impossible to advance in your career. When sales are happening, which it almost every day, it brings it a little traffic. But since people depend on our sales, we have trouble selling full priced things. Management is terrible, no one knows how to do anything.
Theory Selling Specialist (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 17, 2016
Bloomingdales is a very large department store, and a great place to work.The clients are wonderful and assisting them is quite delighful.
Little advancent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicgo, IlFebruary 11, 2016
It was a fun environment to work in but there is little room for advancement. I came on as a seasonal employee with the intention of coming on full time. That never happened. This was my second year as a seasonal employee.
Productive, Fun Environment
Retail Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
I love going to work every day. Enjoy my work environment. Everyone is so nice and always smiling. Customers are so nice. I would definitely required this company to anyone looking for work.
fun workplace
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Fun place to work and great employee discount. Palo Alto location has a brand new building built just a few years ago. People in cosmetics department and all other departments are great people to work with.
Too much management change
Fulfillment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Didn't like how I didn't receive my schedule until the Friday before the work week.
Didn't like how company did not deal with management change very well.
Did have fun with my support department.
Not enough pay increases for any of support department.
The work environment is fantastic, and upbeat! I also enjoy working with my coworkers, and the clientele are first rate. It's a happy workplace!
Shoe Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2016
I love my manager! I wish I would see her more often, as I would like advice on how I may be able to progress on a career path as rapidly and efficiently as possible.
typical day at work
LAYETTE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 25, 2016
The head manager would walk around and greet everyone for the day and go over the plan for the day with the sales management. Then I open the registers and and go to a morning rally. Then my day began with dealing with my customers and calling clients for the day and upcoming sales.
Pros
grew a lot of relationships with co-workers and manager
Cons
Some managers aren't well at there jobs
Very team oriented and pleasant place to work.
Rug Selling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJanuary 25, 2016
I have enjoyed my experience at my job. If you work hard your
effort is greatly appreciated. The management is available if needed
and keeps us informed on current events. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people as I perform my duties for the company.
Pros
Family oriented environment
Cons
Sometimes expectations are high for what is expected.