Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

Work place culture
Sales Associate for the Home Department (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYAugust 9, 2017
One good thing about bloomies is that they encourage associates to enjoy work and have fun. The have a great holiday party and a bbq every year. There are also monthly meetings where they give you breakfast. Every sunday they have a morning meeting and they give you coffee
Friendly and Rewarding
SALES PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJAugust 8, 2017
Working at Bloomingdale's I have learned the ins and outs of customer service. Great place to learn client building and relationships. It is rewarding to reach personal sales goals.
Productive and a fun work place
Supportive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2017
A usual day at bloomingdales is busy. A lot of customers walking around, asking questions and browsing through different clothing items. Management was always available when need necessary.
The hardest part of the job were holidays, during the holidays there were a lot of customers doing shopping. The store was a lot more messy than usual due to the amount of customers in the store at the time.The most enjoyable part of the job was just getting to know different people and learning about other peoples cultures.
great experience
Retail Merchandiser and Visual Support (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 8, 2017
i had a great experience working for bloomingdales! i was fortunate to have an awesome team where everyone pulled their own weight and always lent a helping hand. the job was stressful and fast paced at times, but for a retail merchandising position, it was pretty darn good!
Bloomingdale's
SHOE EXPEDITOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
Bloomingdales was very fast paced. Your coworkers because you will turn into family very quickly. This is because you spend your week with most of these people. I learned to deal with people that have horrible attitudes accordingly. But management in my department were more like robots instead of real people. That was uncomfortable to deal with.
Cons
unhealthy working conditions, lots of dust
Profitable company that takes care of its employees
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 7, 2017
My time at Bloomingdales allowed me to immerse myself hands on with not only merchandising but in designing and creating. I was able to also implore my managerial skills and enjoy my time working with a diverse staff.
bloomingdales
Women's Designer Shoe Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDAugust 7, 2017
discount here was great; management was unorganized, commission pay didn't seem worth the stress and workload; staff was very friendly; great selection of merchandise
Fun place to work.
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Lenox, GAAugust 7, 2017
Fun place to work. They have had allot of management changes but all in all everybody is wonderful. It's been customer oriented and the customer you must remember is always right.
Beautiful Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 5, 2017
Bloomingdale's is a great company to work for, the management team is very supportive and encouraging. As an employee, you have to be proactive and consistent in your attitude towards customers and you will succeed. But your fellow co workers, as of now, are very nice on the surface, but are very competitive and not a cohesive team at all.
Pros
healthcare, product information training, comission, weekly pay
Cons
no team work among employees
productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2017
I loved the company and it was a great atmosphere to work in but the part of the store i worked in got closed and there wasnt a place to be relocated immediately.
Awesome place to work, great people and knowledge
Men's Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 1, 2017
Awesome place to work, great people and knowledge in the ever changing world of retail. You will learn a lot about communications, building a clientele, and product knowledge.
Pros
Discounts are amazing
Cons
Not a steady schedule
n/a
Merchandise Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 31, 2017
Management to reorder when levels appear low; arranging for return and credit for damaged products. Completes call report by observing display and pricing of competitors' products. Provides information by reporting growth, expansion, or closing of supermarkets in assigned territory. Compile report for management showing results (ROI). Being on the front line with customers giving valuable insight to what they need and want. Built professional relationships with retail associates and involved the staff in visual maintenance of the store by communicating brand, product, and visual information.
Productive company
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2017
It was a great place to work in a city that never sleeps! Great hours, wonderful clients. I always enjoys working with the public, assisting them in their purchase.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
If you know how to kiss up appropriately
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 30, 2017
Land of the misfits this is the place castaways find shelter and then can kiss their way into a permanent position. If you are good at maintaining a cool head in the face of dealing with incompetence, this is the place for you.
Pros
get to see new designer clothing, you can eat at the registers, clocking in and shopping
Cons
management
Fast pace and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2017
Fast pace and productive, commission. Great customer relationships. Teamwork. Great employee benefits and discounts.Good place to work and grow. Opportunity to meet a lot of people.
Pros
Fun, teamwork, benefits
Cons
Schedule, physical well being
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 30, 2017
There is a reason why people do not stay working here long term. It is not worth the pay for the amount of work you do. People are treated unfairly and the management seldom listens to your concerns.
Pros
Discounts
An enjoyable jobs
Sales Associate/ Recovery (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 27, 2017
Great environment to work in, awesome discounts, friendly atmosphere, and very flexible hours. However, I do recommend on finding new employment if looking for a higher salary.
Nice environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJuly 25, 2017
I have wanted to work here for years when I first applied. It took about a year and a half for me to land this job. When I was offered the position, I was ecstatic! I love fashion, so working here I was always up to date on the newest trends.
No Company Direction or Job Advancement
Digital Media Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
There is little room to grow in your career here unless you want to change teams/functions every few years. There is also a general discontent among young people with leadership, and no vision that is keeping people motivated to stay. Great discounts, but that's about it for perks of working at Bloomingdale's.
General Overview
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2017
If you are willing to work hard and hustle for your commission, this is a great place to work! The commission structure has its ups and downs (at least when I was there).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomingdale's. Our community is ready to answer.