Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews in United States

I mean, it's sales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 24, 2016
A typical day at work included selling people jewelry and encouraging them to buy it.

I learned customer service skills.

Management was great.

Coworkers were great.

Hardest part of my job was having patience with customers.

The most enjoyable part of my job was learning about jewelry.
Pros
Standard work schedule
Cons
Difficult customers
Fun Experience
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJanuary 24, 2016
Working at Bloomingdales taught me a lot in the retail industry. The managment was not always available to teach me everything that i needed to know so that i can be a better sales professional for my customers.
Inconsistent organizational structure
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 23, 2016
Inconsistent organizational structure due to experimental procedures that primarily end up hurting sales. Managers were treated poorly, working long hours with no over-time pay. Also, some associates were being over scheduled compared to other associates that were being under scheduled and wanted more hours.
Pros
Benefits, compensation pay, discount
Cons
Inconsistent organizational structure
Great Clientele and product to work with.
MEN'S DESIGNER SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for men's designer at Bloomingdales because the clientele were so amazing. I was able to efficiently create a solid client book in less than 2 months due to the fact that building relationships felt organic.
Fun and Challenging
sales management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2016
Warm and engaging company, room for growth and advancement. Over the years has taken to many cost cutting measures that have impacted the customer service, environment and quality of the sellers. The company y must decide who they want to be, create a vision and move swiftly.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
To focused on productivity and profits
Productive and friendly workplace
Ralph Lauren Polo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 8, 2016
Co-workers I find are very supportive and helpful toward new employees along with the support of friendly management.
Pros
positive workplace environment
Cons
Start as short term hourly pay leading to commission only with a high product return rate.
very low commitment of the company towards their employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2016
i was there as part of the seasonal work, and my experience was very bad in terms of managers being committed to seasonal employees, the schedules are very bad and the payment structure very low. would i work there again? probably not.
Pros
employees are very warm and welcoming
Cons
low pay, scheduling is horrible, zero commitment from managers, advancement negative.
Bloomingdale's Review
Recovery and Back Up (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 4, 2016
Friendly Staff, Professional Management, and Fast paced work environment. Job was rather simple and straight forward rarely had any challenges. Most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers and the simple tasks.
Pros
30 minutes Breaks and Staff
Cons
Distance and No food courts
Nice enviroment to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJDecember 29, 2015
Bloomingdale's a mid range high end retail store is a great place to work. Customer relationships are the number one priority for all associates. With the changing times, Bloomingdale's main gold is not to compete with the internet business. They have accepted that foot traffic now has shift to the net and that said they have updated their stores to reflect the changing times. With tablets and other held hand devices customers can now check the net for inventory they don't see in the full line stores. Bloomingdale's have given the internet to it's sales associated as another tool to build their image throughout the industry.
Pros
Tablets and held hand devises for all sales associates
Cons
Limited high end designers fashions
Productive and fun work place
RALPH LAUREN SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2015
Working at bloomingdales was the best ,great the most enjoyable part was the discount managment was great and lots of free breakfast
Sales and Promotions.
Marc by Marc Jacobs & Paul Smith Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2015
Constant clienteling through the many sales and promotions Bloomingdales has to offer. Really busy on the weekend and slow during the weekdays. You work on a Draw V. Commission rate.
Pros
Designer Clinics
Cons
Commission
fun work place
Women's Shoe Expert (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJDecember 18, 2015
a typical day at bloomingdales is usually 8 hours
*Full time
*hard work
*number one department in store
*my co workers are great
*holiday pay is nice
Productivity
Fulfillment team member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2015
Handling intakes and outtakes of packages with team members, dealing with professional Management team at a business who cares for workers.
What I learned
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 15, 2015
I learned how to sell shoes at a very competitive level. I also learned how speak with customers in a professional manner thus
improving my sales.
Professional
Sales Professional, Y.E.S Denim (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VADecember 5, 2015
Very understanding management and professional work environment. Excellent learning opportunity for anyone who wants to start a career in fashion
Great
SLG Specialist/ Handbag Stock Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2015
Really gives you a home feel. I enjoy working with them and the benefits they give are amazing as well.They make sure they accommodate to your every needs
The classic department store experience.
Manager of Replenishment Planning (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2015
A blast from the past with a culture reminiscent of old Hollywood movies. Excellent discount privileges and numerous give-back opportunities supplement the job.
great experience
True Religion Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2015
As a True Religion Specialist my duties were...
- (customer service) answer any questions customers had about any True Religion products.
- make sure all the display jeans are nice and neat.

I've learned a lot about luxury sales
I've learned more about customer service in the fashion world
I've learned a lot about the true religion brand

The management was really professional and good people to work with. my co workers were also fun people to work with.
Great place to work if you are in school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYNovember 11, 2015
They are very flexible and work with your schedule, i enjoy working for a big department store. management is great and a lot of room for opportunity
Cons
return policy
Constant sales exposure to new and developed clients
Men's Designer Collections Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLNovember 9, 2015
I enjoy meeting new customers and developing them into clients. By being honest and giving options for a sale, stabilizes my relationship with a new and loyal client. The ease of building a sizable client book by continuing to update them on new seasons as well as upcoming sales. I enjoy the many options that the Men's department provides, enabling and securing a sale for almost anyone.
Pros
Extensive knowledge in many designer's fits and history, Ease of building and maintaining a working client book.
Cons
Over staffing of other commissioned sales associates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomingdale's. Our community is ready to answer.