Bloomingdales

Bloomingdales Employer Reviews

Friendly
Floor Stocker Leader (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Fun, Friendly environment to work. Most enjoyable part of work is creating an image for the store and the department in which I work. dressing the fixers with new merchandise. I love to see customers come in an are excited about getting the same look as a mannequin.
It is a nice work place with a very kind environment .
Sales professional (shoes) (Former Employee), Chestnut Hill, MAFebruary 2, 2014
I enjoyed working at Bloomingdales. Every day I was gaining new knowledge and experiences from skilled managers. It was easy to work in a team, as each one of the co-workers was kind and helpful.
Bloomingdales pushed my customer service skills to a higher level.
FUN people and my co workers were the best I have ever worked with
Business Manager (Former Employee), Skokie, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: long hours
Definitely a learning experience and had a lot of fun doing it. A typical day was to brainstorm events to generate excitement in store for customers to BUZZ about. Helped customers with their purchases and educated them about skin. Usually had spa events on the weekends and gave them free facials.co workers were helpful and had a positive attitude . – more... Management was great. they always had something positive to say and showed gratitude for the employees. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet for 8 to 10 hours per day and the most enjoyable was meeting new people in the store everyday. – less
Great systems!
Planner, Apparel (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: summer fridays; community service programs
Bloomingdales has very good systems, which allowed more time to analyze business and less time creating a report. The company values the community and supports various charities throughout the year. They recognize and honor their merchant/planner organization annually as well.
Good working environment and benifits
Sales Associate - Mens Accessories and Furnishings (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2014
For me the most enjoyable part of my job was working with customers.
Wonderful Work Place
Part - Time Stylist (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2014
Working for Karen Millen is such a wonderful experience. I love the company as a whole. The clothes are very luxury and tailored fitting.
Can learn a lot and meet great employees
Burberry Merchandise Support Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: always something to learn, meeting great people, developing skills
There's always something to do even on a slow day. Maintenance of the sales floor and stockroom each morning, during the day, and even right before you leave. Handling shipments, restocking , and providing customer service. I've learned a lot working within the company from how to carry myself with coworkers and customers, learned about brands and product – more... knowledge, all the business aspects of retail in general. I always got a long with all my coworkers and even the ones that can be hard to deal with at times theres always a positive way around that can make the work environment enjoyable. The hardest part was cooperation and communication. If no one is putting in their part then its hard to work together as a team. I believe those are key points in working in a business cause thats the only thing where more can get accomplished and have everything working efficiently. The most enjoyable part of course is bonding with the people you work with and actually making really good friend's with coworkers and even meeting customers too. – less
Very good for college students
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: commission made work environment bery competitive
I only worked here for a year, flexible hours and got to meet lots of celebrities.
seasonal job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2014
i was going to fashion school and took this job for extra cash . The environment was strict but fun.
Good Job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), AventuraJanuary 15, 2014
Good job, decent pay, growth potential. I enjoyed working here with other associates and customers
High end retail
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: high wage including commission, benefits, 40 carrots
Cons: too much emphasis on selling credit cards, high sell goals, boring dress code
A typical day of work was selling to customers, register transactions, signing people up for credit cards, etc. Worst part of the job-- having to dress like everyone else-- black jacket and trousers or pencil skirt. BORING. And it is not fun trying to sign people up for credit cards.
productive and enjoyable workplace with a few challenges
MENS SUITING MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Aventura, FLJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: free co worker lunches, excellent discounts, and meeting high end clientele on a daily basis
Working at Bloomingdales was an enjoyable yet memorable experience. The employees for the most part were a pleasure to work with as well as most managers. Transitioning from being a seasonal sales associate to a merchandiser I definitely learned a great deal. I learned the role of a merchandiser and how important product is to to the customer as well – more... as the store. I also learned how to process different merchandise especially men's fine suits, dress shirts, and ties. I really enjoyed working with the different high end brands such as Burberry, Canali, Valentino, Hugo Boss, Yves Saint Laurent, Salvatore Ferragamo and John Varvatos. I consider myself a learning connoisseur of fashion. The hardest or most challenging part of the job I would say was at times working with my men's merchandising manager. There were oftentimes a conflict of my prioritization and overview of my workload. It was oftentimes a challenge because I was working in a large department that required detailed work which I was qualified to do but on a part time schedule of 5 hours daily. Other than that I would say overall working at Bloomingdales was definitely a pleasure and I would not mind working with the company again. – less
It's like high school but with Fashion.
Sales Professional (Former Employee), costa mesaJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, clean work area, amazing visual appeal
Cons: inadequate management, same music roll over and over, catty fights, massive gossip, little ability to grow, slow very very slow, uneven treatment, hard floors to stand on, lack of visible floor management, horrible commission system it all comes back
It's not the hardest job but it's one of the slowest and repetitive. Its doesn't really stimulate your brain really. The store is very slow however the customers spending limits make up for the 5 customers not there but good luck trying to get that customer. Its a wolf ground and a catty one. You sell clothes that will mostly get returned and in return – more... will hurt your commission. You can grown a client book but many clients do not like to be bothered at all. They make you call everyone and pressure you to make clients when half these people rather not. so you have clients that you really dont want and a low client score which hurts you again . It's really a can't win game in most departments. The staff is catty and you can lose a friend quickly it's like the huger games. I did learn a lot about fashion and the types of materials. The most enjoyable part was when i got to clock out. Sales gets so bad people will just stop showing up to save themselves and management will try to scold you. Maybe management should fix the commission process and then people wouldn't have to worry about losing their money. Its a nice job for a student but nothing more. – less
Only for people who enjoy working in straight commission environment
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 8, 2014
The best part of working at Bloomingdales was my co-workers. The environment was enjoyable but you will not make any money unless you are extremely sharky working in a straight commission environment. Bloomingdales management is horrible, you will never advance past a sales person. Most people don't stick around more than a year.
Great Place to work
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Love it here great place to work good pay, fun atmosphere, great HR, and good management.
Loved the Job and the team. Disliked the managment style
Logistics Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), Huntington, NYJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: the people- team and customers
Cons: no advancment, little to no acknowledgment, poor training
Kiss up and you will go places, Work your tail off and do best job possible and theyll keep you as there little secret. Little to no room for advancment.
Volumizing kiosk
Sales associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: lunches, networking
Cons: commute
A typical day of work consisted of volumizing the kiosk: refilling orders, organizing merchandise, and handling POS. I learned alot about merchandising and hospitality.
Co-workers were supportive and well-dressed. The hardest part of the job was the commute. The most enjoyable part was the discount and staff attire.
Fun work enviornment
Associate (Current Employee), Aventura,flDecember 26, 2013
A day working at bloomingdales is very predictable. I help people by assisting them with fittings and clothing advice. My co-workes are very helpful and we often work as a team to get things done. The hardest part about my job is sometimes dealing with mean people, the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with nice people.
You will learn to see the worst in people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa MonicaDecember 17, 2013
Pros: get to work with satan all day
Cons: get to work with satan all day
Prepare for hell on earth, inconsistent pay checks, and struggling for sanity
Great Ambience with amazing coworkers
Michael Kors Specialist (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CADecember 16, 2013
Pros: lots of events and fun staff
Cons: point systems and favoritism
Fun and fast pace lifestyle with great personaliteis all around.
Day to day taks were very simple and easy such as go backs organization on the floor and connections with managment.
overall amazing to work at just need to be time managed a lot other wise your out.