Bloomington Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible Job with hostile work environment, nepotism throughout!
RN (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INApril 15, 2016
If you like bullying you would love to work here that is the specialty here. Being made fun of and taken for granted is what this place is made of. This facility should be shut down.
Pros
patients
Cons
management and staff
Good place to work.
Nurse Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 13, 2015
I like working there but they are always understaffed and puts extra work and worry on the employee who shows up to work.
I enjoyed the patients and their appreciation for the loving care you show them. And for the most part the co workers were great to work with.
Multiple educational opportunities
REGISTERED NURSE, 3 NORTH (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 19, 2015
Very faced based acute care unit requires excellent time management and prioritization skills. Encouraged opportunities for growth within profession. Compensated for addition education, certifications, and clinical ladder program.
Pros
Educational opportunities
Cons
Had to float to other units such as stepdown units frequently
Small Hospital with great potential.
Full-Time Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJuly 15, 2015
I really enjoyed my short time at this hospital. I went to school nearby and worked here during this time. Very student friendly and offers lots of opportunities after graduating. Management at that time was ever changing and somewhat hard to know what exactly they expected of you.
excellent place to work
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 18, 2014
This was my first job after graduating nursing school. The management team was wonderful. The hospital provided an excellent orientation program for new graduates. I also felt supported by charge nurse as well as director of the unit. It was a great place to learn and grow as a professional RN. I only left the job due to relocation of my family.
Loved working there.
Nurse Tech, Secretary 2 (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 19, 2013
A typical day depends on your position. I worked in clerical/secretary position when I started and transferred to Nurse Tech. Loved the Secretary position but I thought might want to go to nursing and transferred to nursing department. It didn't work out. I loved both positions I had at Bloomington, Hospital. The most enjoyable parts were working in the baby nursery and computer work that I did. I learned how to retrieve files for departments. How to hang films for the radiologists, to filing the files.
Pros
great place to work.
Cons
can be stressful at times.
Unit Coordinator
Nurse Tech/Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 19, 2014
Answering all incoming calls to the critical care unit. allocating charts, entering orders for patients into the computer for test, x-rays, lab work etc. Assisting nurses when needed to with bedside patient care. Ordering of clerical supplies for the unit.
Very good leaning experience
Cardiovascular Recovery RN (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 25, 2013
I love learning the specifics of heart surgery, but the cliques on the unit were very challenging. Much more of a social club that hospital setting.
Pros
some nurses were very willing to assist
Cons
very difficult to get through 'report' as appeared to be more of a social time for oncoming nurses, instead of preparing for their shift.
Caring for Patients is first priority.
Nursing Technician Float (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IndianaFebruary 15, 2012
This is a clean environment. Everyone works together as a team. There are meetings to keep everyone up to date on what is going on in the hospital and with the patients. The Nurses work with the Nursing Technicians.
Pros
experience, people, caring, team work
Cons
15 minutes early or your considered late/tardy.
Good Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bloomington,INNovember 7, 2013
Nurse to patient Ratio 1:7 currently on specific floors, great coworkers, great physicians.
Upper management is out of touch with the reality of the medical floors.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no breaks, upper management out of touch with floor nurses
Floor Care Tech (Former Employee) –  diff areas of the facilityDecember 21, 2012
Good place to work, liked my area and bosses and co-workers.. and hated to lv it.
Hardest part was standing for long periods and most enj was knowing I had security there.
Pros
job security
Cons
standing and on feet for long periods ..were part of job..
Gratifying when patients thank you
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 15, 2014
Some of the people are hard to work with but helping the patients feel better makes it worth working there.
Worked in all areas
day shift Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington INJuly 7, 2014
Overall a good job but Ileft when I need a shift change that wasn't available at the time.
Pros
good place to learn
Cons
politics
meeting people
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 4, 2012
cleaning of bathrooms an beds sweep an mop floors.meeting new pt an helping them through their illness.
Pros
meeting pt.
Cons
health care
performance tuning , backup&recovery
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  BloomingtonMay 27, 2014
Tuning
Backup and recovery
check log files
run AWR ADDM and stats
Bloomington Hospital
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJuly 19, 2012
Today is IU hospital. It is a place to learn and grow everyday.