Bloomington Public Schools

Bloomington Public Schools Employer Reviews

Fun work place with great people!
Front Desk Attendant/Weight Room Attendant (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMay 4, 2014
Pros: dollar raises yearly
Jefferson High School is probably one of my favorite places that I've ever been employed at! I've learned how to make a relationship with customers. A typical day at work involves checking-in members, cleaning duties, watching sports and monitor weight room.
Fun and challenging environment geared towards helping children.
Kindergarten and 1st Grade Teacher (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNOctober 30, 2013
Working in an Elementary setting provides a unique daily schedule. No two days are the same. I enjoy working with children and having an impact on their future. They are excited to learn and so curious about the world around them. It is rewarding to provide a positive role-model for them to look up to.
Enjoyable job with amazing students and staff
Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 14, 2013
Pros: fun environment, great students
I worked a temporary position at Oak Grove Middle School in Bloomington, MN. I worked in a classroom with Developmental and Cognitive delays. It was an incredibly fun atmosphere and a great learning environment for the middle school students in the classroom.
The co-workers I was privileged to work with were incredible and very welcoming when I joined – more... their class. I made quick friendships with the students and was able to relate very well. I also learned about their different situations and ways that I could best help them learn and succeed at school. It was a wonderful learning experience and I made some relationships that will not be forgotten quickly. – less
Tech
Internship-Help Desk Support Technician (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 16, 2013
• Performed diagnostics and troubleshooting of system issues utilizing the ticketing process.
• Maintained equipment inventory, including ordering/sending parts.
• Perform hardware repair and maintenance.
• Reimage computers.
District is experiencing more diversity lately and needs to provide more programs
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNNovember 11, 2012
A good district to work at with a big difference between East and West. East Bloomington schools' test scores are significantly lower than West Bloomington schools.
fun
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJuly 6, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Working here was charming because I was working at a fast pace which is something i like to do.
good district
School Social Worker (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILMarch 26, 2012
Pros: good diverse district
Cons: not a lot of room for growth
I enjoyed my tenure at Bloomington District 87. I had opportunity to work on a variety of teams within th district as well as assisted in developing some programs.