Bloomington Public Schools Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Enjoyable job with amazing students and staff
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 14, 2013
I worked a temporary position at Oak Grove Middle School in Bloomington, MN. I worked in a classroom with Developmental and Cognitive delays. It was an incredibly fun atmosphere and a great learning environment for the middle school students in the classroom.
The co-workers I was privileged to work with were incredible and very welcoming when I joined their class. I made quick friendships with the students and was able to relate very well. I also learned about their different situations and ways that I could best help them learn and succeed at school. It was a wonderful learning experience and I made some relationships that will not be forgotten quickly.
Pros
fun environment, great students
Fun and challenging environment geared towards helping children.
Kindergarten and 1st Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 30, 2013
Working in an Elementary setting provides a unique daily schedule. No two days are the same. I enjoy working with children and having an impact on their future. They are excited to learn and so curious about the world around them. It is rewarding to provide a positive role-model for them to look up to.
Great work enviornment that allows opportunity to impact childrens lives.
Para (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 23, 2014
Working for the Bloomington public schools gave me the ability to improve my understanding of adolescent behavior as well as adult behavior. A typical day would allow me to help student to understand and or work through a particular issue with school work, their home life or many other different personal issues that may be encountering that day. If I didn't have the answer of the resources to help the individual then I could always refer the student to and adult in the appropriate department in the building for their issue. One of the most difficult things in working with children is taking on lots of children with issues and trying to fix them all on your own. While on the other hand when you help a young individual get past an issue that is very traumatic in ther life it is one of the best feelings one could have.
Fun work place with great people!
Front Desk Attendant/Weight Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 4, 2014
Jefferson High School is probably one of my favorite places that I've ever been employed at! I've learned how to make a relationship with customers. A typical day at work involves checking-in members, cleaning duties, watching sports and monitor weight room.
Pros
dollar raises yearly
District is experiencing more diversity lately and needs to provide more programs
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 11, 2012
A good district to work at with a big difference between East and West. East Bloomington schools' test scores are significantly lower than West Bloomington schools.
Tech
Internship-Help Desk Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 16, 2013
• Performed diagnostics and troubleshooting of system issues utilizing the ticketing process.
• Maintained equipment inventory, including ordering/sending parts.
• Perform hardware repair and maintenance.
• Reimage computers.
good district
School Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 26, 2012
I enjoyed my tenure at Bloomington District 87. I had opportunity to work on a variety of teams within th district as well as assisted in developing some programs.
Pros
good diverse district
Cons
not a lot of room for growth
fun
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 6, 2012
Working here was charming because I was working at a fast pace which is something i like to do.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks

4.3