Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania

Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania Employer Reviews

Great job. Great Experience
Psychology Tutor (Current Employee), Bloomsburg, PASeptember 21, 2013
Pros: flexible with college schedule
I usually tutor general Psychology students who are usually college freshman. I really gained a passion for helping young people in doing this job. I became a mentor in a sense for some students who were going into the psychology major. In this job I work independently. The other tutors are very friendly and always available for assistance. The office workers and management are very helpful and friendly. The hardest part about my job is when the students want you to teach them the material from the class that they did not attend. I am not supposed to help them with the material unless they have the notes from the class. The most enjoyable thing about my job is when my tutees tell me they did good on a test or when I can see they are really understand the material. Also, one of my tutees thanked me for helping her and told me she was going to become a Psychology major because of my influence. That really gives me pride in my work.
Perfect college job.
COMMUNITY ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAApril 3, 2013
Being a CA was perfect...I was working any time I was in my room. Very convenient, helped with tuition. Good way to get involved with many activities as well.
Math tutor
College math tutor (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 23, 2013
good experience
glad that I have helped many students.
and also have improved my own communication skill
Efficient and well organized place of work with a welcoming atmosphere
Assistant Hall Director & Community Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAAugust 2, 2012
- Typical day at work with Residence Life is just assisting residents in the residence halls with any questions or concerns at our mandatory desk shifts.

-I learned how to better help the people around me in many ways. For example, the job molds you into a leader that accomadates the environment you are apart of. In addittion, I gain the skills of balancing multiple tasks at once and maintaining an overall objective. Plus, I can now say I'm well diversed with differen't cultures and being able to communicate clearly to everyone to accomplish a job.

- Being under various management during my work history I can adapt well to diferen't forms of guidance.

- Co-workers are pleasant to work along with and we accomplish alot together.

- The hardest part would be dealing with various forms of conflict that may araise in the residence halls.

-The most enjoybale part of work is being able to make a positive impact in a student's life.