Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

Efficient and well organized place of work with a welcoming atmosphere
Assistant Hall Director & Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAAugust 2, 2012
- Typical day at work with Residence Life is just assisting residents in the residence halls with any questions or concerns at our mandatory desk shifts.

-I learned how to better help the people around me in many ways. For example, the job molds you into a leader that accomadates the environment you are apart of. In addittion, I gain the skills of balancing multiple tasks at once and maintaining an overall objective. Plus, I can now say I'm well diversed with differen't cultures and being able to communicate clearly to everyone to accomplish a job.

- Being under various management during my work history I can adapt well to diferen't forms of guidance.

- Co-workers are pleasant to work along with and we accomplish alot together.

- The hardest part would be dealing with various forms of conflict that may araise in the residence halls.

-The most enjoybale part of work is being able to make a positive impact in a student's life.
Great job. Great Experience
Psychology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PASeptember 21, 2013
I usually tutor general Psychology students who are usually college freshman. I really gained a passion for helping young people in doing this job. I became a mentor in a sense for some students who were going into the psychology major. In this job I work independently. The other tutors are very friendly and always available for assistance. The office workers and management are very helpful and friendly. The hardest part about my job is when the students want you to teach them the material from the class that they did not attend. I am not supposed to help them with the material unless they have the notes from the class. The most enjoyable thing about my job is when my tutees tell me they did good on a test or when I can see they are really understand the material. Also, one of my tutees thanked me for helping her and told me she was going to become a Psychology major because of my influence. That really gives me pride in my work.
Pros
flexible with college schedule
Valuable Learning Experience
Referee and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAOctober 27, 2015
As the head coordinator of all intramural sports, I obtained excellent organizational skills. It was difficult adjusting to people taking off work and teams cancelling games but I always manage to solve any problems that I faced.
Comfortable work environment
Clerk Typist (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJuly 26, 2015
I enjoy working with students and creating fun and engaging events for them. I organize the dean's schedule and keep him on task. I review all paperwork and manage the student workers.
Pros
job security
Cons
hard to advance because of no openings
Easy way to earn money while being a college student
Note-Taker (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg PADecember 11, 2014
It was a great way to earn money while being a student in college. Helping out other students by providing notes was very fulfilling. It also encouraged me to keep my grades up in order to continue to be a note taker.
Awesome!
RESERVATION ASSISTANT/EVENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAOctober 4, 2015
Work studies are great for meeting new people, and being able to work on school material while at work. The pay is low, but you really do not do much.
Perfect college job.
COMMUNITY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAApril 3, 2013
Being a CA was perfect...I was working any time I was in my room. Very convenient, helped with tuition. Good way to get involved with many activities as well.
Math tutor
College math tutor (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 23, 2013
good experience
glad that I have helped many students.
and also have improved my own communication skill

4.7